Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Waking up, Justin sighs as he stares at the sunlight streaking through the blinds. Today was Sunday and Craig was due to return home that afternoon.

Justin had mixed feelings about his estranged father's return. Part of him was glad to leave the stress he was feeling from trying to engage his brother, but the other part was worried. He wanted to be sure that Craig followed through with the sign language, and he wanted to know that his brother would be receiving whatever intervention he needed to work through his needs.

Another part of Justin wondered if he was focusing so much on Kai because of his own personal stress... a stressor by the name of Brian Kinney.

 

************************

 

"Maybe someone should call him?" Emmett asks over coffee at the diner. He, Ted, Lindsay and Melanie had met for breakfast and were trying to decide whether or not Justin had a right to know about Brian's cancer.

Melanie shakes her head, "If Brian wants to be an asshole, like we all know he is, then let him push Justin away. What good will it do for Justin to know? Brian will just push him off that cliff again."

Lindsay sighs loudly, reaching beside her partner and grasping her fingers over her lover's hand. She admited that she felt it was a pointless battle to let Justin know... but if it were Melanie, and she had pushed her away, Lindsay would have wanted to know why.

"Brian will call Justin, even and when he wants to," Ted states with an attempted authoritative voice.

"Teddy," Emmett begins, his voice sweet as honey, "we all know that Brian wants Justin to know, but is just afraid to tell him..."

Ted opens his mouth to speak, but Emmett continues.

"And maybe it's time for one of us to push him off that cliff."

Lindsay straightens up in her chair, interested, "What do you mean?"

Emmett leans back, feigning aloofness, "Why doesn't someone just call Justin and tell him that he needs to stop by the loft?"

"What on earth could Justin want at the loft that he hasn't already picked up?" Melanie asks. She knew from Lindsay, because she heard from Debbie, that Justin had stopped by the loft on Thursday while Brian was out and cleared all of his things out of the apartment.

Lindsay makes a suggestion, "Perhaps a sketch? Maybe I could ask him for a specific sketch that I remember him drawing... and he goes to loft to look for it," she smiles, "because he won't remember the picture."

"Why wouldn't he remember the picture?" Ted asks.

"Because I'm making it up!" Lindsay says with what could only be described as a county-club 'duh.'

Emmett shakes his head, "No, Justin wouldn't fall for that. It needs to be something simplier."

Ted frowns, turning to his friend, "Simplier? I don't think that's a word."

Emmett rolls his eyes and smiles, "Simple, alright? Something so smooth and uncomplicated...it'll just roll him back into the loft."

"Roll him back into the loft," Ted asks, trying to decide if he should be amused or worried.

"Is there an echo?" Emmett asks and then picks up his phone.

"What are you doing?" Ted asks, starting to feel alarmed.

"Dialing, Honey." Emmett explains as his eyes stay on the phone. Bringing it to his ear he smiles, "It's his voicemail."

"Whose voicemail?" Ted asks, dreading the answer.

Emmett grins and says, "Hey, Sunshine! I need a little favor... I was telling Teddy about that old Moby CD, you know, 'Make Love Fuck War'? and about that one song...oh God, I can't remember it... but I want him to borrow it and I know you have it because you had lent it to me before...." he looks over at Lindsay and smiles, "Can you bring it by for me, pretty please? If you don't have it, check with Brian. Oh wait, he's out of town, right? Well you have the key, right? He won't mind. God, I can't get the song out of my head, you know what that's like, right? Anyways, I gotta go. Thanks a lot, Justin, you're a sanity saver!" Clicking off, he turns to Ted with a triumphant smile.

Ted shakes his head, "You call that simple?!"

Emmett continues to grin, "I call that genius."