Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 108] Printer
FeatureSummary:

" alt="" />

Hello again, my friends. Today I give you Chapter One of a brand new story. I promise you lots of sparkle, chills, thrills, sequins, and tights...not to mention romance...in this story set in post Stonewall, pre AIDS America where a small independent circus struggles to stay alive in a changing world. Their lead attraction is Trapeze star Brian Kinney and there are plenty of changes in store for him too when he meets the young man who is in desperate need of changes in his own life. What happens when these two souls meet and discover more than a love for the circus in common between them? I hope you will enjoy the journey.

I want to thank 3 special people for this story. One is Sunny, a dear friend who suggested the premise for this story. Another is Judy who will serve beautifully as my beta. Last but not least is my Granddaughter Amy who tried valiantly to get our boys into tights for the banner, but still created a beautiful one anyway. Thank you to them all. This story is dedicated to all of you. So on with the show.


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY, Alternate Universe, Abuse, Anti-Ethan, Brian/Justin, Hurt/Comfort, Minor Character Death, Out of Character, Romance, Unsafe Sex, Violence Characters: Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes
Word count: 50082 Read: 57426
Published: August 11, 2009 Updated: May 11, 2010
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Changes by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3623 words)

Justin is more than ready for some changes in his life after he finally has had enough of being treated badly by those who should have loved him.  He decides to escape temporarily into one of those rare happy memories from his sad childhood, if only for one day.  His decision will offer changes for a number of people in the future, including the handsome leading star of a small independent traveling circus.

2. The Man on the Flying Trapeze by mandagrammy [Reviews - 9] (3691 words)

Well folks, we've gotten a glimpse into young Justin's past and present, now it is time to meet his future...one beautiful man on the flying trapeze, Brian Kinney. Many thanks to Judy for her excellent beta help and Amy for the banner. I hope you will enjoy our day at the circus.

3. Figuring a Way Out by mandagrammy [Reviews - 8] (2739 words)

It's time to visit the circus again and find out how Justin felt when running into the 'man on the flying trapeze'. That special day would have remained simply a pleasant memory if not for a big mistake his ex, Ethan, makes the next day. Let's see how that changes Justin's future. Many thanks to my beta Judy for her invaluable help and Amy for the banner. Enjoy!

4. Running Away With the Circus by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2930 words)

Justin has only one goal...get away from his old life and run away with the circus. Will his job interview with Debbie, circus owner, cinch his dream or will his dream die? Let's find out. Many thanks to my beta Judy for her skilled help and Amy for my banner. Enjoy!

5. Starting a Whole New Life by mandagrammy [Reviews - 9] (3179 words)

With this chapter, Justin has finally broken away from his old life....a life that has offered him little besides sadness and loneliness. Will he take to his new life and find it an improvement over his old one? And will he find far more than he could have asked for once he settles into his new job with the traveling circus? Let's get a hint as to the future right now. Many thanks to Judy for her tremendous help as beta and Amy for the banner.

6. Getting Better Acquainted by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (2342 words)

It's Justin's first full day as a member of Brian's circus family, and Brian has offered him a ride to their next venue. The two men, who find themselves a bit attracted to each other, begin to feel each other out in order to get to know one another better. It doesn't take long to become much better acquainted. Enjoy! A special thanks to Judy for her beta skills and Amy for the banner.

7. Fitting Right In by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (2685 words)

Hello folks. How about taking a peek into Justin's new life with the circus and seeing how well he has adjusted to the new environment...not to mention his new best friend, star trapeze artist Brian Kinney? Many thanks to beta Judy for her excellent help and Amy for my banner. Enjoy!

8. Happy Days Under the Big Top by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] (3086 words)

Looks like circus life is suiting young Justin just fine as the Season begins to draw to a close. Debbie is one very happy Circus owner herself. She really approves of her newest employee, and it looks like she has made a wise decision adding a certain Professor to the mix, as he researches his next book. Hopefully the happy times will continue on when they end this tour and return to home base. Let's take a peek inside the tent, shall we? Many thanks to Judy for her excellent beta work and Amy for my banner.

9. Final Performances Before the Storm by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2492 words)

Sorry for the long delay in getting out this chapter folks. Hectic times at the old homestead during the Thanksgiving holidays were not condusive to keeping up with my writing. I'll try to get out as much as I can before the next mad rush of Christmas activities hits and slows me down again.

Now, here we have a little peek into the last night of on-the-road performances for the Novotny Family Circus. We get a little drama, but it is nothing compared to what is waiting down the road. Enjoy!

10. An Unspoken Partnership by mandagrammy [Reviews - 8] (2976 words)

Well folks, I am sorry for the very long wait for this new chapter. A number of changes in family life, combined with the holidays, made writing a bit too difficult for a while. Things have settled down and I hope to be back at full throttle for a while before the next break.

Let me first give you a quick synopsis of what happened up to this point. The Novotny Family Circus has just finished their last show for the Season and are on their way to their Winter Quarters in Florida. There, they take a break from travelling in order to work on new routines, costumes, etc. Debbie, owner of the Circus, also finds and books new acts and sets up the next Season's schedule. Everyone is busy with their plans and their romances. Mikey has Ben now and Brian is discovering new feelings with Justin. Life is feeling good, but there are a couple of dark clouds hanging on the horizon. One includes Kip, an ex-aerialist that Brian is responsible for having been fired by Debbie. Even more of a threat is Justin's ex-boyfriend, wealthy Ethan Gold, who has hired a cadre of detectives to locate the young man he has decided belongs to him and him only. Time will tell if either or both men can upset the lives of the men they are after. We begin this chapter shortly after the Circus has returned to their home base in Florida. Enjoy! Many thanks to Judy for her beta skills and Amy for my banner.

11. Sweet Success & Bitter Plans by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2109 words)

Real life has taken me for a merry ride lately, but I finally have another chapter ready for your approval folks. In this chapter, Justin is enjoying a well-earned moment in the spotlight as his paintings go on public display for the first time in a professional gallery. Plenty of folks, both welcome and unwelcome, show up for the big event. It is a moment of joy before things start to take a drastic turn in the loving couple's lives.

12. Caught in the Netting by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2692 words)

At last, another chapter for your approval. The relationship between Brian, the flyer, and Justin, the artist, has become rock solid. This doesn't sit well with one obsessive man. For another, it provides the perfect opportunity to repay a long-held debt to the man who he blames for ruining his life. Our lovers are blissfully unaware of the two storms that are building up to the point where either one or both of them could destroy their happiness.

13. Screwed Up Schemes by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2671 words)

The circus is back in town. Things are heating up folks. Our lovers are perfectly happy with the way things are going, but they are completely unaware that two evil forces have them squarely in their sights. Let's see what the enemy is up to. Many thanks to my wonderful beta, Judy and my darling Amy for the banner.

14. One Down...One to Go! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3236 words)

Things are coming to a head under, or should I say outside the Big Top. One man comes out of the shadows, but will he be able to darken Brian and Justin's life? Read on and let's find out. Many thanks are due to Judy for her beta work and Amy for my banner.

15. Nasty Deeds in the Gathering Storm by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2985 words)

Hello again. Okay, it is time to fasten your seat belts. Things are coming to a head with Kip still out there, planning heaven knows what kind of evil deeds. Will he get away with his plans, or not? Many thanks to Judy for her invaluable help with her beta skills.

16. Foiled Again by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (3762 words)

Hold on to your seats folks. This is the next to the last chapter of our story and it gets a little hairy. Kip's dastardly plan may work, but just how bad is the damage going to be? Read on to find out more. Many thanks to my wonderful beta, Judy for her talented work and my Granddaughter for the lovely banner.

17. A Silver Anniversary by mandagrammy [Reviews - 18] (2884 words)

Well folks, the Circus tents have folded and it is time for them to leave town. I hope you have enjoyed this journey through the colorful world of clowns, high wire acts, elephants, horses, lions & tigers...and don't forget the amazing trapeze artists. Let's see what life has been like for our Circus family 25 years later, shall we? One last time, I must thank my beloved Granddaughter, Amy for the banner and my dear friend, Judy for her excellent beta skills. Enjoy!