Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

The Pittsburgh group had Christmas dinner at Britin again this year. The after meal entertainment was provided by Jerry and Mark; a secret DVD copy of Rage, the movie. They decided not to see it until they watched it with their family and friends. Brian fired up the popcorn machine and they had a bar for those who wanted a drink. It was a tight fit but everyone got to see the movie in one showing.

“That was terrific.” Debbie said as the movie credits began to show at the end of the feature.

“Outside of a couple of scenes you can hardly tell they’re gay.”  Ben commented. “They’re so masculine and involved with so much action it’s easy for the audience to forget the love story behind it.”

“I think Disney edited out a couple of scenes making it less obvious they’re lovers.” Justin noticed. “This was different than the script we read. Things were taken out.”

“It’s still a great movie worthy of the Marvel name. I predict a huge hit.” Emmett said.

“I loved it.” Angel said sitting with Eric and Gary. “JT was hot as hell; what a body.”

“Matt Damon was looking pretty good too. They were both buffed out.” Don said.

“We’re advertising the opening day heavy nationwide.” Brian commented. “I have promotional commercials on all the major networks running during prime time. This is the best movie opening at Christmas time too. There isn’t any real box office adult competition happening.”

“It better be a hit for what he paid creating it.” Justin remembered. “They spent 175 million making the movie.”

“Our little Mark’s a superstar now; boy that kid can act.” Debbie bragged for him.

“I wonder if he’ll do another picture with a baby on the way.” Ted said.

“He’s very popular; you see his face in all the teen magazines. He’s a little sex god now.” Blake added. “I wouldn’t be surprised to hear him doing another film soon.”

“Well boys and girls; this old lady needs to get home before I pass out.” Debbie stood up and stretched her back. “I had a wonderful time boys; glad you have hired help to clean the kitchen because I’m pooped.”

“You took care of us all these years Deb; it’s time for you to take it easy and let us take care of you.” Justin said. Everyone side their goodbyes and slowly the Pittsburgh crowd were in their cars headed back to the city.

********************

Jerry and Mark exited the theater after seeing the premiere night opening of the movie Rage in Los Angeles. A huge crowd of fans were waiting outside behind temporary white fences. Matt and Mark took opposite sides of the area and began to sign autographs for the fans. The media was there recording the event. By all indications from the critics the show was a huge hit.

From Matt’s side a young man slipped past the fence breaks and came up behind Mark. He pulled back getting ready to sucker punch the blond and Mark caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of his eye. Mark dropped the pen he was using for autographs and turned around deflecting the man’s punch. They he spread the man’s arms apart, stepped within six inches of his body, and executed a Kempo technique delivering six hard blows in under a second hitting the man’s ears, nose, chin, chest, stomach, groin, and neck dropping the would be attacker on the ground in severe pain with a broken nose and the wind knocked out of him. Ricky was on him instantly handcuffing him and searching for weapons. Mark straightened his coat and returned to his autographs.

Later that night and all the next day the TV stations showed Mark defending himself very well. They slowed down the film considerably so the viewing audience could see how he delivered all the Karate blows so fast. Brian grinned when he saw the newscast. You can’t buy that kind of free publicity. Everybody was buzzing about the attack and how Mark handled it before his bodyguard realized the problem existed. Ricky, not expecting an attack in the enclosed area, was watching the crowd over the fence for anyone with a gun or knife in front of Mark.

The opening weekend netted $76 million for the movie. It stayed number one for three weeks with a total box office grab at the number one spot of $257 million dollars making Rage a huge success for Marvel and Disney, and making Mark a major new star. Offers for new pictures poured in. Hollywood friends of Jerry begged him to get Mark in their pictures. One producer wanted Mark for a love story and offered him $35 million, top money for a major star to do a picture. The only problem was it was to be shot on location in Scotland during the summer and that was when Tiffany was due to deliver his baby. Mark had one week to give the producer his decision. To accept the new picture would firmly establish him as a major star in his own right. Jerry asked for a leave of absence for Mark during filming when the baby was being born and they were waiting for an answer from the producer. Their jet could easily make the trip overseas.

“Hello”

“Jerry Bruckheimer here, Jerry we would be glad to give Mark a two weeks leave of absence when his child is being born. Will that work for you?”

“I believe you got a deal Jerry. That was Mark’s only objection. He loved the script and the fact you’re producing it. He just doesn’t want to miss the birth of his child.”

“If Scotland weather permits we plan to begin filming a month early there to make up for his absence.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem. How long will you be on location?”

“We expect three months in Scotland. We can finish the rest of the shoots here in LA.”

“And you agree to five day breaks every two weeks?”

“Yes, we have it all scheduled to make it work. We really want Mark, Jerry. He’s perfect for this film.”

“We can be in your office tomorrow for the contract; what time would you like us there?”

“How about two in the afternoon?”

“Good; see you then.”

“Thanks for helping me get your young man for this film.”

“You’re the best; it was an easy sell. See you tomorrow.”

“See you Jerry.”

********************

“Brian, I have Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, on line four.” Cynthia said over the intercom.

“Brian Kinney”

“Hello Brian; the board of Disney has reviewed your work for Marvel and we’re very impressed. I’d like to discuss with you taking on Disney operations as a client as well. Can you come to LA? I can send our jet for you.”

“Thanks Bob, I have a company jet; my schedule’s flexible so what day’s good for you?”

“How does next Friday sound? I can put you up in a suite at our theme park. Bring the family if you like.”

“I have a six year old and a new infant. I believe I’ll leave the kids at home this time. I’ll probably stay with Jerry Griffin in Malibu but thanks for the offer.”

“Very good; see you Friday afternoon when you get in.”

“Can I get an idea how much work you want us to do?”

“All of it Brian; we have a $7 billion advertising budget with a $2 billion retainer for you.”

“That should cover my jet fuel very nicely. I’ll arrive in LA at around one in the afternoon depending on air traffic there. I can stay over to see you again Monday if necessary.”

“I’ll have it all laid out to show you when you get here. It’s a lot of work but I know you have a large staff to handle it. After all you took care of Ford and GM very well.”

“We look forward to working for you. I’m sure we can do our magic for Disney too. See you Friday Bob.”

“Can’t wait; good day.” Brian put down his phone and called Jerry on his cell phone.

“Hello Brian”

“Are you up for company this Friday, Saturday and Sunday?”

“Certainly; you and Justin?”

“Yes, we’re meeting Bob Iger Friday and possibly Monday too. Disney’s hiring Kinnetik for the whole banana.”

“Fantastic! I told him you guys are the best and he would be crazy to end your contract. That’s another whale in your net.”

“And two billion in my pocket; my peter is all a twitter over it.”

“Call me before you land so we can pick you up. Park your bird in my hanger; we got room.”

“Do you have your yacht yet?”

“Not at the house but we can go use it anytime. Mark and I got our certifications already.”

“The Rage movie sure did well.”

“Oh yeah; Mark’s signing tomorrow for a new picture by Jerry Bruckheimer to be partly filmed in Scotland. He gets 35 million for his second picture and the leading role.”

“That’s great Jerry; you should be very proud of him.”

“I am Brian; this makes him a star in his own right without my help. Every studio in town has been beating our door wanting him in a picture so we picked the best one to run with. It’s a love story with an American teenager and a rich older Scottish woman.”

“Who’s the leading lady?”

“Olga Kurylenko, she was recently a Bond girl. Quite the hottie from Ukraine but has an excellent British accent for the camera.”

“Sounds interesting; we’ll get to your place after we get done with Bob on Friday.”

“We’ll be looking forward to it. Keith’s lover will be here too.”

“Those two are still going at it?”

“They’re a couple of Energizer bunnies Brian. They never stop.”

“It must be nice to be young and in love. See you Friday.”

“Ok Brian; see you then.”

********************

“Everything appears to be in order; all the requests for Mark’s scheduling is here; 35 million with 15 down at contract signing; you want to start with studio filming in two weeks here in Burbank; weekends and days without scenes off locally; free meals at the studio café;  I’d say we got a good contract here Mark.” Jerry said grinning after reading the contract for Mark’s new picture.

“Do you have the shooting schedule so I can study my lines?” Mark asked.

“Right here; and I’ll call or email you if anything changes. You’ll always have time to get ready. Most of your scenes are short lines and not too hard. When we edit and put the film together it’ll appear you have longer dialogs but the filming will be easy for you. We’re shooting the love scenes first on a sound stage.”

“I don’t know Jerry, only 35 million to pretend to love a woman; this is going to be hard for me.” Mark said grinning.

“That’s why they call it acting and you don’t have to get it up.”

“Olga is pretty hot looking; I think I can fake it well enough. Pen gentlemen; I’ll sign this puppy now.” Mark signed the contract copies and was officially now a leading actor in a major motion picture production making top dollar. “I’m curious who you would have gotten if I didn’t do this.”

“Dylan Patton was our second choice although he’s only 15 now; he’s very talented. We’re very glad you decided to work for us. The chemistry between you and Olga’s amazing. This could result in your first Oscar nomination Mark. There’s some serious acting for you in this movie.”

“The script is dripping in angst; the forbidden love affair and all with me pretending to be underage.”

“We foresee it gaining several generations of viewers: young and old.”

“Well I’m looking forward to doing it. I love a challenge and this is definitely a challenge for me.”

********************

 “You weren’t kidding this is going to be a lot of work. Kinnetik is up to it however. I’m glad for the 90 day turnaround time for our concepts. We do our best work not hurried into it.”

“We’ve reviewed your contract and find it acceptable as written. Shall we get it penned in?” Bob said.

“”It’s your nickel.” Brian took his pen and signed for Kinnetik. Bob signed for Disney. Then he gave Brian a cashier’s check for $2 billion for their two year contract to do all the major advertising for Disney internationally with a separate budget to hire local firms for local work. Brian and Justin shook hands with the CEO of Disney and soon were in Jerry's limo headed to Malibu.

 

 

Olga Kurylenko

 

Chapter End Notes:

jpg

Save