Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Ok Ms. Dicken; lie there for 20 minutes on your back and give the swimmers time to reach your egg. I’ll return and let you know when you can get dressed.”

“How soon will I know if I’m pregnant?”

“Usually 18 days although we suggest you come back for testing in 3 weeks to be certain.”

“Thank you”

********************

“Melanie Marcus, attorney’s office.”

“This is Brian Kinney for Mel, Nancy.”

“Hello Brian; one moment.”

“Hi Brian”

“I’m calling to tell you not to go downstairs to the limo at the end of the day. Come to my office.”

“OK, what’s up?”

“Nothing’s wrong; it’s a surprise for Justin mostly.”

“Ok, we’ll be there at five.”

“Great; bye”

********************

“Thank God it’s Friday!” Justin said walking into Brian’s office at the end of the day and a hard week. “Are you ready to leave yet?”

“A few more minutes Justin; let me catch up on some last minute emails first.”

“Well we don’t want to keep the girls waiting.” Just then Melanie and Nancy walked into the office; Mel had JR in her hands and Nancy was carrying her briefcase with her daughter Linda walking beside her.

“I’ll finish this at home.” Brian shut down his laptop and put it in his case and led them out of the office to the elevator. Once inside he hit the button for the top floor.

“Where are we going Brian?” Justin asked.

“I want to see the view from the roof first before we go.” The elevator zoomed up to the top floor and they exited it. Brian led them to a door with a keypad code lock and entered the code. Once inside they had one flight of stairs to get on the roof. Brian walked out first to see his beautiful new helicopter warmed up and waiting for them with the cabin door open.

“We have a new toy Sunshine.” Brian yelled.

“OH shit! You bought a helicopter?”

“Yep; let’s get on board.” Brian ducked his head and went to the entrance door and helped the girls in first, and then Justin and he entered last closing and locking the door.

“Mel and Nancy, put the kids in your lap and fasten the seat belt around both of you. Everyone buckled in as Charlie raised the RPMs of the engine to take off rotation speed. Moments later the bird lifted into the sky straight up off the top of the building and banked left headed to West Virginia making a slow climb to 2500 feet.

Justin and the girls were amazed how quiet it was inside the cabin allowing for normal conversation.

“How much did this cost us?” Justin asked.

“$8.6 million with sales tax included.”

“Who’s flying us?”

“Charlie and Jason; they flew choppers in the military and just got re-certified.”

“How long until we get home?” Mel asked him.

“About 12 minutes now; no traffic or delays anymore.”

“Gus is going to flip out and want a ride when we get there.”

“I was already expecting that and planning to give him one. I told Lily to be out on the front yard before we get in and to stand in front of the house. You girls can get out and I’ll go get Gus for a short hop.”

“From the look in JR’s eyes we already impressed one kid today.” Justin said smiling. The powerful chopper sped at 160 mph toward its destination. Within minutes they were hovering forward going down to land on the huge lawn of Britin’s front yard. They could see Gus jumping up and down being held back by Lily not letting go of his hand. Once the bird landed Charlie idle down to a safe speed for leaving the craft. Brian opened the door and the girls exited. Brian got out and motioned for Gus to come to him. Lily let him go and Gus ran as fast he could to his Daddy jumping into his arms. Brian climbed aboard and sat Gus in a seat and strapped him in.

“Were ready Charles;” Brian said loud enough so the pilot could hear him. The engine roared and soon they were airborne much to the little boy’s delight.

********************

“You may get dressed now Ms. Dicken.” Tiffany got off the bed table and removed the gown and began to put on her clothes.

“What are my chances this worked?”

“From the description of your cycle and the fact both of you are so young I’d say they’re excellent.” The nurse told her. Minutes later the hopeful mother to be left the room fully dressed to find Jerry, Mark, and Hunter waiting for her with their security men standing nearby.

“Do you feel like having a chocolate covered pickle yet?”

“It’s a little early Hunter; I could go for a good old fashion hamburger though.”

“I know just the spot not far from here.” Jerry said. “I guess Mark can cheat on his diet today.”

“I’ll work it off tonight.” The blond boy said grinning as he hugged his lover in front of everyone in the waiting room. A girl who recognized him took a cell phone photo of the hug. One of the security agents walked over to her.

“I need your phone ma’am.” The frightened girl handed the phone to the agent and he promptly erased the photo and gave it back to her. Mark saw the incident and felt sorry for her.

“Sorry about that. How about I sit beside you and you can have a picture with me?”

“That would be great Mark; thank you.” Mark took her phone and gave it to his agent and he sat beside the girl putting his arm around her. The agent took two photos and gave her the phone.

“You got a pen and paper for an autograph?” Mark asked.

“Sure” The girl dug in her purse for the items and soon had the star’s autograph. She completely forgot about losing the hug photo. They left the clinic and headed to the burger joint.

********************

After flying around for about 10 minutes the chopper landed again at Britin and Charlie shut down the engine and locked out the controls. Brian and Gus exited the craft followed by the pilots. They locked the cabin door and headed to their car. Brian and Gus went into the house.

“Can I fly with you again tomorrow?”

“No Gus; it’s not a toy. I knew you would want a ride so we gave it to you today. You might fly in it again when we go somewhere together but not just for no reason.” Justin walked up and picked up the boy.

“Did you have fun Gus?”

“Yeah, that was neat Justin.”

“That’s how we’re going to work every day now.”

“Let me go with you tomorrow; I want to see the kids at kindergarten again.”

“Tomorrow’s Saturday and we don’t work again until Monday. What do you say Brian about letting him go in Monday?”

“One day won’t hurt his studies I guess.”

“We’ll take you with us Monday but that’s the only day Gus.”

“OK”

********************

“Do you have to go back to the office Jerry?”

“No, I finished clearing out my desk and things, turned in my keys and badge and it’s over as of eleven the morning. I can’t wait to see what kind of changes Disney makes of our operations. What will be their first feature movie: Ironman vs. Mickey Mouse?” Everyone laughed at the idea.

“I just hope they don’t try to pull the plug on Rage.”

“If they do Mark; it’s in our contract I get the film for free and I’ll market it myself.”

“They have an out not to show the film?”

“They have to right to do what they want to with certain results if they do. If they cancel any comic series or movie idea within the first two years then ownership goes back to me and I have the rights to the products to keep them going if I choose to or to sell them again. Four billion was cheap for the company; however, this recession is getting worse and I fear sales are going to drop dramatically soon.”

“Know when to hold them; know when to fold them.” Hunter said to them. Soon they pulled up at Cassell’s Hamburgers on Sixth Avenue in LA.

“For those who can handle it they make a 2/3 pound burger here.” Jerry said. “This place makes the best burgers in the city.” They stopped in front and waited for the security men following behind them in a black SUV to come out and open their door. Once they felt the area was safe they let the party out of the limo and they entered the restaurant.

********************

“How safe is flying in a helicopter Brian?” Justin asked his lover.

“Very safe; most accidents are pilot error and by having two pilots we’re very safe. That bird has the latest aviation electronics available with auto-pilot, automatic hovering, and self landing capabilities. It has collision avoidance radar, and constant GPS navigation and weather updating. It’s designed to fly in any weather up to 10,000 feet altitude. If there’s a major engine failure and lock up preventing autorotation decent; there’s a parachute that will deploy that will bring it down slowly. Those are some of the reasons it cost us $8 million. Both of our pilots have hundreds of hours flying a helicopter in the military and are very qualified to fly that girl.”

“It’s a beautiful helicopter. We need to name our aircraft.”

“The call sign for our jet is Kinnetik 1.”

“I want to name the helicopter Whirly.”

“The call sign is Kinnetik 2.”

“My name for the jet is Dove because it’s solid white.”

“Would you like for me to put those names on them?”

“We don’t have to; I just felt like giving them a personality; that’s all.”

“Ever the artist you are; I like both of your names.”

“Why did you buy the helicopter?”

“It’s a write off for Kinnetik; we didn’t pay for it personally. It shaves an hour a day off our travel time. It’s very impressive with whale clients to pick them up in a company chopper at the airport. We can get to our jet in record time with it. We already have qualified pilots on staff. That French helicopter company has an excellent safety record and the equipment inside is first class. With all the safety features it’s safer traveling than our limos or our jet. And it’s cool to own one, Sunshine.”

“All we need now is a marine in dress uniform standing by to salute us as we enter and exit the bird.” Justin said grinning. “I’ll get a band to play ‘Hail to the Chief’ when you come out.”

“Let’s not get too carried away with this. It’s just a big boy toy.”

********************

“Hi, can I buy you a drink? My name’s Michael.”

“I’m Mark; I’ll have another beer Michael.” Said the black haired, brown eyed very attractive teenager.

“Do you live in Pittsburgh?”

“I hope to; I just got into town last night.”

“How old are you?” The twink looked around and whispered.

“18; I got a fake ID.”

“Are you staying anywhere?”

“Anywhere I can; I’m kind of broke at the moment and hoping to make new friends fast.”

“So I guess you don’t have a job yet.”

“I haven’t had time to look; I could use one that’s for sure.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Starving; thank you.”

“Let’s finish the beers and we can go to the diner for a bite to eat; my treat.”

“Thanks; do you work?”

“Have you seen the tallest building downtown; the black one?”

“Yeah”

“I work there; I change bad lights out; I might become an electrician there soon.”

“Sounds like a good job.”

“It is; full benefits and all. They even give benefits for domestic gay partners.”

“That’s cool; too bad more companies don’t do that.”

“The owners are gay; I know them.”

“No shit?”

“Where’re you from Mark?”

“I left home in Detroit. There isn’t any work there. My dad got laid off making cars in the factory. We don’t get along since I’m gay so I left and came here. I wanted to go to college but we didn’t have the money for it.” They finished the beers and left Woody’s for the Liberty Diner. Michael led him inside and they sat down in a booth.

“Order whatever you want; even a steak if you like.”

“Thanks Michael.” The twink ordered his meal and so did Michael. Soon their Cokes arrived.

“Do you have any stuff?”

“Yeah; it’s in a locker at the bus station.”

“Well after we eat; we can go get it. You can stay with me for a while.”

“Thanks; you’re really cute for your age and all.”

“Thanks I guess.” Michael smiled.

“So how do you know the owners of that skyscraper?”

“One of them and me went to school together. We were friends since we were 14.”

“That’s cool. So they gave you a good job?”

“Yeah, they’re very good people; they’re gay lovers too and uber rich. They even own their own jet.”

“It must be nice; I’ve never even owned a car yet.”

“I got a car; it’s only 2 years old.”

“You need one with the weather that you get here in the winter. Why are you letting me stay with you?”

“I need somebody in my life; and I’m hoping you’re the one.”