Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is dedicated to my 900th reviewer: Lorie. Thank You!!!

The crashing lights shorted out the electric box putting the entire sound stage in the dark except for some dim emergency exit lights. Allen and others ran to the stage to see if Justin was injured. The metal for the light shields were too hot to touch.

“Raise the bar up!” Allen shouted to someone; the man hit the switch but nothing happened.

“Justin! Justin!” Allen called out but heard no answer. “Call 911; get a rescue team here to raise this bar now!” One of the stage hands went on the other side of the truck and looked under it to see Justin covered in glass lying on the ground not moving. He climbed under the truck to reach his boss. He touched Justin who opened his eyes.

“Fuck that was close.”

“Are you hurt Justin?” He could see cuts on him from the flying glass.

“Not that I can tell; my right foot‘s caught on something though.” The man looked down and saw part of the light assembly lying over Justin’s ankle pinning him down.

“We’re going to try and raise the light bar off your foot and you need to quickly move under the truck and come out the other side.”

“OK” The man moved away from Justin and climbed out from under the vehicle and went to Allen.

“He’s ok but his right foot is pinned down. Get everybody over here and if we raise the bar a few inches there he can get free and climb out under the truck.” They went over to the bar and found the metal too hot to touch.

“Bring the water hose; make sure the power for the light bar is disconnected and off. We have to cool this bar enough to touch it and raise it off of Justin.” Justin’s cell phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and flipped it open.

“Hello”

“Hey Blondie; how you doing?” Hunter asked him.

“I’m kind of pinned down at the moment; what’s up?”

“I’m majoring in advertising and marketing and I’m out on summer break. I want to intern at Kinnetik.”

“Sure Hunter; go to the office and see Kevin or Cynthia and get signed up. We’ll even give you a salary.”

“Thanks Justin; I appreciate it very much; can I dream up ads and make bonuses?”

“Anyone can; even our janitors can try to create a winning ad.”

“I’m headed there right now. Will you be there?”

“I’m at our sound stage across town so I won’t be there and Brian’s in Atlanta today.”

“Ok, thanks for the job.”

“You’re welcome Hunter.” Justin then called Cynthia to tell her to hire Hunter as an assistant ad man intern and let Kevin set his salary. He didn’t mention his present situation. They hosed the light bar cooling it off and were getting ready to try and lift if off of Justin’s leg. Three men got under the bar using their backs and two grabbed it using their arms.

“You ready Justin?”

“Yeah, do it.” The men counted to three and lifted the bar up a foot clearing Justin leg. He then scooted under the truck.

“I’m clear guys.” They lowered the bar down as Justin came out the other side of the vehicle. Sirens could be heard arriving at the sound stage.

********************

“Welcome to Atlanta Brian.”

“Thank you; it’s a very pretty city with very friendly people.”

“Well we've reviewed your contract offer and find everything in order. We’ll be advertising with bill boards in all continental 48 states and spots on both broadcast and cable TV.  We also need magazine and newspaper ads created. We accept your terms for a $10 million retainer and promise at least $40 million in advertising budget for the next 12 months. How soon can we have our first spot ready for TV?”

“I’d say 2 or 3 weeks is plenty of time to create one or two spots ready for broadcast and your first ads.”

“We have time for lunch while the lawyers finish with the contract reading and my accountant cuts you a check. What would you like to eat?”

“Surprise me; I’d love to taste the local food.”

*******************

“James "Hunter" Montgomery I see, and your majoring in marketing. How did you learn about Kinnetik James?” Kevin asked him.

“I go by Hunter; I’m friends with Brian and Justin. I called Justin this morning and ask for a job to intern in advertising this summer.”

“How long have you known them?”

“Since before this company existed; about 3 years or more.”

“OK, we’ll start you out as an ad exec intern for $25,000 a year; you’ll have full bonuses and medical insurance. We also pay school tuition and you can switch to part time during the semesters and keep your benefits.”

“That would be super. Do I have to do a physical?”

“Yes, every employee does and a drug test.”

“That’s not a problem but I’m HIV positive; I hope you’ll still hire me.”

“That’s not a problem and we’ll pay for your medical treatments.”

“Wow; that’s a big help; my father’s policy dropped me when I turned 18. I’ve been paying for my meds and they’re really high.”

“Well let’s get you signed up and you can start tomorrow if you like.”

“You bet!”

********************

“Hello Brian”

“I landed COX; what are you doing right now?”

“Letting the paramedic clean the cuts on my head and arms.”

“What the fuck happened Justin?”

“I was working on the sound stage and the light bar came down on top of me. If Allen had not hollered duck, I’d be dead right now.”

“Shit; I’ll be right there.”

“I’m ok Brian; don’t rush home. The worse injury is my $300 silk shirt I loved. The slacks are fucked too but the Prada shoes survived. I’m fine but shit happens you know.”

“Are you sure you’re alright Justin?”

“Positive; I’m letting the paramedic clean me up and I’ll go to Dr. Walker’s office to get checked out. No broken bones and I didn’t hit my head. I was lucky Brian.”

“How did you get cut?”

“The lights shattered sending glass everywhere; hot glass too I might add.”

“Do you know why the bar came down?”

“We don’t even have the lights on yet. It tripped the high voltage feed into the building. Electricians are on the way to fix this shit. We have dozens of spots to shoot.”

“Allen gets a reward for saving your life.”

“It’ll cost you a blow job.”

“Deal;  later.”

“Later; I love you.”

********************

“Sorry to cut our day short gentlemen; my partner was injured on our sound stage today; I’d like to fly back to Pittsburgh at once.”

“I’m sorry to hear that; let’s get back to the office and close our deal so you can leave.” Within minutes the contract was signed and Brian had a check for Kinnetik in the sum of $30 million for retainer and 20 million on account to buy advertising. The Gulfstream jet was warmed up and waiting for Brian to climb on board. Charles got priority take off clearance and taxied fast to the runway and in short time they were airborne.

********************

The lights came on at the sound stage hanger when the electrician changed the high voltage fuses feeding power into the building. The view on the stage left all wondering how Justin survived under that mess; the new truck was totally crushed possibly beyond saving. The lighting bar was warped from the fall and destroyed. A new one would have to be installed and very quickly. It was a $700,000 assembly to replace. Kinnetik’s insurance man was called to make a claim on the damages. Justin rode in the limo with his security man to Dr. Walker’s office. The doctor saw Justin at once.

“They did a good job cleaning you up. I still see some glass to clean out; and one cut should get a couple of stitches. Their butterfly patch worked very well keeping it closed for us. Let me get a nurse and the equipment to fix you up.”

 “Ok doctor.” Justin cell phone ranged. “Hello”

“Are you alright Justin; I just heard about the accident at the stage.” Ted said.

“Yeah, I’m ok, just some cuts and a wasted silk shirt. What’s going on at the office?”

“We hired Hunter as a new ad monkey today; he starts tomorrow. GM wired $300 million into our account for advertising next month for their summer sales event nationwide. I still don’t have a solution to Petco’s bounced check yet.”

 “How much was that for?”

“$125,000”

“What are you trying to do about it?”

“I called their office but nobody's available to talk to me about it. I got an audio hold on the check amount at their bank; if the funds show up I have them locked up to pay for the check.”

“What are the terms of their contract for default of payments? This is the 3rd check in as many months.”

“We can cancel their contract and owe them no refund on the retainer now with 3 failed payments in a row. I don’t know what their problem is for sure; they’re making money with our ads.”

“Sniff around and try to find out what’s going on. Brian will want information before he decides what to do with them.”

“I have a theory; rumor has it Pet Smart is taken them over; I wouldn’t put it past the CEO draining their account for a final bonus check before running off to Europe or Canada.”

“Who handles the advertising for Pet Smart?”

“The Engine Room in LA, California; they’re a small but talented group.”

“Sounds like we might want to get paid and let them go.”

“It cost me more than $125,000 dealing with their shit Justin.”

“Ok, get paid and cut them loose. Have legal get it ready for Brian’s signature.”

“He’s on the jet headed back now.”

“What an asshole; I told him not to rush back and I was ok.”

“He closed the deal first; no harm done Justin.”

“OK, I have to get off the phone now and let the doctor fix me up.”

“OK, bye.”

********************

“What happened to the light bar?”

“A spring broke in the brake assembly for the bar’s hoist motor letting it spool out and dropping the bar.”

“Ordering everything new; how soon can we have another bar of lights up and running?”

“Two weeks maybe”

“Fuck; that’s sucks. I have a dozen commercials due with a deadline. Shit happens; I think we need a second hanger and sound stage for our work load.” Allen realized. “Put a rush on this new lighting bar guys. This is really important. Money’s no object; get that son of a bitch here if we have to put it on a private freight jet. I want this stage ready in 4 days max.”

“Ok Allen; we’re on it.”

********************

“How do your ribs feel?”

“Sensitive like me.” Mark said smiling to his lover Jerry.

“Do you need another pain pill?”

“It’s been long enough since the last one; sure.” Jerry went upstairs and got another pill and came down and gave it to his boy who had bottled water with him.

“Brian called me; Justin got hurt on their sound stage; I’m going into town to be with him.”

“You want me to go with you?”

“Are you up to it?”

“Fuck yes; they came to me when I got hurt. I owe it to him.”

“Ok, let’s go.”