Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

After eating everyone listened to Carl talk about the Stockwell Incident. Brian smiled as he remembered taking down the SOB for hiding his partner’s murder of a gay hustler. Tyler couldn’t help but stare at Mark as he sat in Jerry’s lap. He had no idea the famous actor was gay until now. Mark politely ignored it; he was use to people staring at him. It was the price of fame and beauty.

“Jerry, could I ask what you do for a living? Tyler asked the man.

“Sure, I own Marvel comics and movie studios. I’ve made the movies X-Men, Spiderman, Ironman, and now Rage.”

“And you’re gay?” Jerry smiled and kissed Mark on the lips.

“I became gay when I found Mark. He gave me a good reason to switch teams. I was married and I have three children.”

“Mark, you don’t like girls?” Tyler was genuinely curious.

“I love girls; they make great bait.” All the men laughed at that comment but it went right over the boy’s head.

“He means using girls to catch guys; using girls for bait.” Molly told him.

“Ha! That’s funny dude.” For the first time in Tyler’s life he was attracted to another boy or man. He loved Molly, but Mark was incredibly hot looking and so witty to be with. The boy was also star struck. “So you two are a couple now.”

“Yes, we belong ONLY to each other; forever.” Mark said as he kissed his Jerry soundly to seal the deal. He knew the boy was day dreaming about him and he gently let him down privately and quietly.

“I’m really looking forward to the movie Rage. “ Ben said.

“Me too; Justin drew it in the beginning.” Hunter told them.

“Uh Hunter, I no longer take credit for Rage. We want to protect our secret identities over here.” Justin said making the zip your lips sign.

“Oh ok; it’s a really cool comic. I love what you did with the new issues.” Michael listened quietly to everyone talking. He only dreamed of the life he could have had if he wasn’t so stupid back then and he knew better than to open his mouth now. The new issues dropped Zephyr totally like he never existed.

“Ricky, what was your biggest case?” Carl asked the ex-FBI man.

“I was on the World Trade Center from the beginning. Quickly we found Intel recorded cell phone calls between Osama Bin Laden and the men on board the high jacked jets. That’s how we knew he was the mastermind of it all. I led a team of agents studying overseas calls during the time of the attacks. We pinned it on Osama within a day.”

 “Wow; that was a major breakthrough.” Carl said. Everyone got silent remembering the horrible day of 9/11. Over 3,000 innocent civilian Americans died in one day.

“Well, I know Jerry has jet lag so we should head to the house with our party of merry men and dyke.” Brian said. “Thank you Debbie for a great time.”

“Thank you all for coming; these days are my favorite times getting everyone together again. Jerry, Mark, Tony; you must come back and visit me and Carl.”

“We will Debbie; we had a wonderful time today. We feel like we’re at home here.” Jerry told her.

“Nobody can cook like you Debbie; I loved it, every bite.” Mark said smiling.

“I’ve missed all you guys so much but things are good for me in LA.” Tony said. “I got a small part in Rage the movie, and now I’m taking acting lessons and Jerry is trying to find me another role to play.” Tony added.

“We’ll see you at work tomorrow Deb.” Justin came up and kissed his surrogate mother on the cheek, and then his mother Jennifer and hugged his sister. Justin pretended to slap Tyler in the face. “Be good kid.”

“Always” Tyler responded. Justin hugged Heather, Emmett, and shook Carl’s hand. Carl and Ricky said goodbye and soon everyone was in the limo headed to West Virginia again with a very sleepy Gus and JR in their car seats.

 ********************

Brian and Justin are in the elevator headed to the Kinnetik main offices.

“What’s on your agenda today?”

“I’ll be at the sound stage watching them shoot a Chevy S-10 truck commercial; how about you?”

“Flying to Atlanta to close the deal with Cox Communications Enterprises for their advertising nationwide; I’ll be back by four today.”

“That leaves Cynthia in charge to hold down the fort.” They exited the elevator to find Cynthia waiting with coffee and juice for both of them.

“How did you know we were coming?”

“I have my sources; your jet’s waiting Brian.”

“Cyn, I’ll be at the sound stage all day but I can be here in 20 minutes should you need me.”

“Ok Justin; we should be ok here. Mondays are all about waking up anyway.”

********************

“Thank you all for coming today. The rumor is true; the clinic is sold. What most of you don’t know is that I’m the new owner. I want everyone still on board in your same positions. From the director on down we just keep doing what we do; business as usual here; I’ll still serve as a drug abuse counselor. I want to put everyone’s mind at ease that your jobs are secure. We’ll continue to be an abuse clinic with both out and in patients served. All of you are invited to my commitment ceremony Saturday afternoon at the Hilton downtown at four. Instead of gifts we ask that you donate to the Vic Grassi House helping people with HIV. Any questions?” Blake addressed his staff at the clinic.

“Blake, I’m curious how you could buy the clinic; it had to be millions of dollars.”

 “My partner Ted got it for me with private financing from Kinnetik Enterprises as a wedding gift. We are about to become a for-profit organization. However, we still help anyone who walks in.”

“Will you be determining raises and promotions?”

“The director is in charge of that under each year’s budget. I may have some say in things from time to time but that’s mainly his job to do; I want to concentrate on my clients.”

“Could we know how much the clinic was?”

“I believe $3.2 million total and that includes the property.”

“How secure are our jobs Blake?”

“As long as people have drug problems we’ll have work. We’re the best clinic in the city.”

********************

“Fuck my chest is killing me today.” Mark commented waking up with Jerry.

“Let me get you a pain pill and water.” Jerry got out of bed and went to the dresser where the pill bottle was waiting then to the bathroom for a glass of water. He gave the medicine to his boy and sat beside him. “Stay in bed until this kicks in; you can eat when you get up or I’ll bring you breakfast in bed.”

“Breakfast in bed sounds cool. I’m really hungry. Are you doing anything today?”

“I was planning to just relax here by the pool and read a book and take care of you.”

“I might want to just lie down in the media room and veg out watching the TV.”

“Sounds like a good plan and you’ll let yourself heal.”

“Trust me; ribs are painful; I don’t feel like doing much today. Yesterday wore me out going to Debbie’s house but I’m glad we went. I wish we had down to earth friends like that in Malibu.”

“I know what you mean; sometimes being wealthy and famous can be very lonely. We have to be careful who we let in our lives constantly. I’ll go get you some breakfast.”

 ********************

“How’s the weather in Atlanta today Charles?”

“Hot and humid, you’re going to burn up in a suit when you’re outside.”

“How long is the flight at Warp 10?”

“With airport delays about an hour Brian.”

“Why are private jets so much faster than commercial flying?”

“Well we get priority taking off and landing; and the big jets fly slower to save money on fuel cost.”

“Jason, are you sober enough to fly?”

“Barely Brian” It was a running joke between Brian and his co-pilot about drinking; Brian had drinks with his pilots once and Jason drinks two cocktails and he’s out like a light being a real lightweight. The co-pilot closed the cabin door and locked it. Brian grabbed a cup of fresh coffee and sat down fastening his seat belt. The jet taxied toward the runway. Just as they were taking off Brian’s cell phone rang.

“Brian here”

“Jennifer; we the have the opportunity to buy a 45 story luxury townhouse high rise in Dallas. It’s a very attractive offer.”

“Tell me about it Jenn.”

“There are 550 units and only 6 years old; total income per month is about $1.2 million before expenses of $97,000 not counting the property taxes. It’s worth $75 million and we can own it for $40 million by buying their defaulted 1st mortgage. The current owner is a drug dealer in jail now facing prison and has no means of saving the building.”

“Buy it and pay cash for everything. I’ll call Ted to transfer the funds into your business account. Put it in both our names and take a 6% commission on the deal. Find us more sweet plums Mother Taylor or should I start saying Mother Tucker now.”

“We can wait until after the wedding Brian. This is a good way to get the complex and we cut out the Dallas agency that has it listed.”

“Is there a chance someone can still buy it in foreclosure?”

“Yes, there is that chance Brian.”

“Then perhaps you should buy it and we pay cash and lock it up; you’ll have to share your commission though.”

“That’s fine with me Brian. What goes around comes around. I’ll get a 4% deal on this.”

“How many units will that make for us now?”

“14,210”

“Just make sure we stay out of cities hurting in the recession; I don’t want any lemons in my pot.”

"I already had that in mind and skipped other offers like Detroit or California; even Florida.”

“Save us a vacation unit on the top floor of the Dallas complex. What area is it in?”

“It’s just north of downtown in the Oaklawn area and that’s also the gay area of Dallas.”

“Sounds like an excellent investment. Dallas is on my short list of cities for a branch of Kinnetik.”

 “I’ll get this deal for you.”

“Good job Jennifer; good bye” Brian closed his phone and got back on his laptop studying Cox Communications.

********************

 “What ja watching Mark?”

“A science fiction on HBO; you decided to wake up?”

 “It’s so quiet out here in the country you can sleep for days. Or you staying in all day?”

“Yeah, my ribs hurt and I don’t feel like doing anything but resting Tony.”

“I’ll get a bite to eat and keep you company.”

“You don’t have to do that; Jerry’s here for me. Go to town and have some fun. I know you want to get out.”

“I feel funny using one of their cars.”

“They told us to if we want one.”

“Maybe I will go to town.”

“Just don’t take the Vette; Brian would shit if anything happened to it.”

“I’ll use Justin’s car; he won’t mind.”

********************

“Hold on a second guys; I want to change the position of the ribbon on the truck.” Justin said as he walked up to the shiny new truck being used for the commercial spot with a big red ribbon and bow on it. As he was moving the ribbon for a better shot a brake clutch on the lighting assembly bar elevation motor above slipped out sending the 800 pound structure straight down on top of him. Allen saw the falling lights and yelled:

“JUSTIN DUCK!”

The giant bar of lights all came crashing down on top of the truck and the owner of Kinnetik; Allen couldn’t tell if Justin ducked in time or not. The truck was crushed very badly and popping white lights were shattering glass all over the sound stage.