Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“How are you Matt?”

“I got the wind knocked out of me and some burses. How’s Mark?”

“Not too bad, broken ribs and a broken arm.”

“Fuck! That’s bad. I must have fell 15 or 20 feet straight down on top of him. He was out for a couple of minutes. It scared the shit out of everybody.”

“What happened?”

“We were shooting the shaft scene and just as I started to rappel down to him my rope came loose sending me down the shaft.”

“Why weren’t you wearing a safety wire?”

“The director felt he couldn’t hide it from the camera.”

“That mother fucker; we could hide it in editing Matt. There’s no excuse for this accident.”

“Jerry, we take calculated risk on set every day. This was an honest mistake.”

“It won’t be an honest mistake with I fire his ass tomorrow.”

“He has a contract to finish the movie Jerry.”

“And he violated it getting my actors hurt. He knows we can hide a wire; I’m going to break his nose for hurting Mark; and then I’ll kick his ass off my lot; literally.”

“Don’t get your ass sued; just fire him Jerry and let it go. Don’t let your personal feelings for Mark over ride your better judgment. The press will destroy you if they find out you attacked the director. It will be bad enough if you fire him.”

“Your right Matt; a lover can day dream though.” Jerry thought of another way to get even for the director hurting his boy. He going to wish he only got his ass kicked.

********************

“How does it look doctor?” Jerry asked the ER doctor taking care of Mark.

“The arm needs to be set and he’ll be in a cast for six weeks. He has 3 broken ribs; clean breaks and he’ll have to wear a brace on his chest for comfort; he’ll need pain medicine for a couple of weeks. I didn’t find internal damage or bleeding. Considering the mass of Matt Damon, it’s a very good thing Mark is so strong and in such great shape or he could have been crushed. And he didn’t hit his head.”

“Can he go home tonight?”

“After we set the arm; I can release him to you.”

“Give me any medical instructions he needs; I’ll have a nurse available if he needs it.”

“That won’t be necessary but he shouldn’t do anything physical for a while. He has to heal.”

“We’re almost done with the filming; I can work around this problem. He loves to surf. Can his cast be waterproof?”

“No, he has to take baths and no showers until the cast comes off. It has to stay dry and no surfing except channel surfing Mr. Griffin.”

“Shit; he’s going to drive me up the wall within two weeks.”

“This could have been a lot worse. He’s a lucky boy. The bone specialist will set his arm and we’ll fit his chest brace; then he can leave in about 4 hours. We’re going to sedate him to set the arm.”

“Ok, thank you for your help. Would you like some tickets to tour my studio with my family?”

“That’s a very kind offer sir, but hospital policy forbids me from accepting gifts.”

“Give me your card and I’ll contact you when Mark or Matt isn’t a patient.”

“That’ll work.” The doctor grinned and gave Jerry his card.

********************

Flying at top speed, Mach .85, the Gulfstream jet made it to LA in 4 hours; over 2,130 miles straight as the crow flies. They touched down at LAX and taxied to the private terminal of Jerry’s new jet and parked inside. This was Brian and Justin’s first time to see the new jet. Waiting for them was Jerry’s limo, driver and security men. The limo left followed by the SUV with four security men inside headed for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Rush hour traffic slowed down their progress but the driver was experienced and knew how to beat the traffic jams. Soon they walked into the emergency waiting area and found Jerry sitting down talking on the phone. When he finished his conversation the talking began.

“What do you know; how’s Mark?” Justin asked.

“Three broken ribs, and a broken right arm; they’re setting it right now and after he comes out of sedation he can go home tonight. Matt’s ok; he just got the wind knocked out of him.”

“Did some safety device fail?” Brian wondered.

“That’s the fucked up part; Matt wasn’t wearing a safety wire and fell down on Mark at least 15 feet hard. The director ordered them not to use a wire. I’m terminating him tomorrow. The assistant director can finish the picture and get all the credit now.”

“Can you break his contract like that?”

“The director over ruled the safety officer on the set. The director broke a clause in his contract demanding that he keep the shoots safe for everyone involved. I’m on solid legal ground letting him go.”

“Let me ask you Jerry; it this happened to Robert filming Ironman 2 on the set; would you fire the director for it?” Brian asked him. “Are you over reacting because it’s Mark who got hurt?”

“Fuck; this would be very bad publicity for the film.” Jerry realized.

“It’d put a curse on the film Jerry. I hope we can hide the accident for the actors. Nothing about this need to get out.”

“Knowing the rats in the studio TMZ, Inside Edition and everybody will know already Brian.”

“Then we do an honest press release of what happened and express the film is almost finished and it will not delay the release date. That should end any rumors the project’s dead.”

“Ok, I’ll have my PA handle it at once. I need to keep the director on board?”

“Yes; we don’t need that kind of negative publicity before the film’s finished.” Brian told him strongly.

“I like the guy; he’s a gifted director or I wouldn’t have given Rage to him. I’m just so fucking pissed he got Mark hurt. This could have killed him Brian.”

“Filming’s dangerous; you knew that when you made your boy a star Jerry.”

“Look at the bright side Jerry; he didn’t break his ass.” Justin said with a wide grin making Jerry laugh.

“Yeah; there is a bright side to this after all.” For the first time in hours Jerry relaxed; grateful for good friends near him at this time. Ricky the bodyguard came through the doors and removed his surgical mask. He was wearing a gown since he was standing by Mark as they set his arm.

“It’s all done Jerry; he’s going to Recovery now to wake up. They’ll fit his rib brace and we can go home.”

“Thanks for telling me; go stay with him in Recovery, Ricky.”

“Yes sir”

********************

“Where is daddy and Jussin?” Gus asked Lily.

“They had to fly to Los Angeles tonight in California. Their friend Mark got hurt today at work.”

“Blond Mark?”

“Yes; he was filming a movie and there was an accident on the set. They’re going to call me later tonight.”

“He’s my friend too; they should have take me with them.”

“First of all when you mean two or more people; you say are; like where are daddy and Justin. And you say they should have … taken … me with them.”

“I’m worried about my friend and you want to teach English?” Gus put both hands on his hips to express his point.

“You’re too adorable Gus; Mark will be ok; soon your daddies will call and let us know how he is.”

********************

“Hello Debbie” Justin answered his cell phone.

 “Ted told Emmett Mark got hurt. Why didn’t you call me?”

“I’m sorry Deb; we were rushing to fly to LA. We’re here now at the hospital with Jerry.”

“How is he?”

“He got a broken arm and 3 broken ribs; he’s going home in a couple of hours.”

“Oh shit; that must have been some accident on the set.”

“If you call Matt Damon falling 15 feet on top of you some accident; yes it was.”

“Well give him my love, and I’ll send him some chicken soup overnight mail.”

“I’m sure he’ll appreciate that Debbie. You want to talk to Brian?”

“What do I want to talk to that asshole for? Sure, put him on.”

“Here asshole”

“I love you too maw.”

“You know better not to call me when one of my boys gets hurt Brian.”

“Like Justin said we ran to the jet and flew right over. We were dealing with work issues on the phone flying over here.” Brian lied.

“Will you be back in time for Sunday pasta?”

“Probably Debbie”

“You’re forgiven; give Mark and Jerry my love.”

“Will do; see you Sunday.”

“Bye” Debbie hung up her phone a little less worried now. “How the fuck do you mail chicken soup?”

 ********************

“Mom, I promised to talk with you when I have a boyfriend.” Jennifer stop the fork headed for her mouth surprised by her daughter’s comment. Then she slowly placed the bite in her mouth.

“Tell me about him dear.”

“Heather’s brother Tyler and me are an item now. We’re going steady.”

“How old is Tyler Molly?”

 “Seventeen months older than me. Not that old Mother. He doesn’t even have a car yet.”

“Are you happy?”

“Very happy, he’s very good to me and we have a lot of fun together.”

“Is he the reason you want to spend the night with Heather?”

“Not really; it did help us get to know each other. He’s very nice to his little sister Mom. When I visit Heather I can see him too but that wasn’t why I go there.”

“Do his parents know about you two yet?”

“Not yet; he wants to wait a while before we tell them anything. I promised to tell you so I’m saying it now.”

“I see; thank you for telling me. Is he cute?” Jennifer smiled as she waited for her daughter to answer her.

“Is he cute? Mother he’s the hottest boy in school. All the girls in middle school and high school are nuts about him. He’s a total dream boat and he really likes me.”

“I see; well you could do worse than the son of a famous doctor in Pittsburgh.”

“And he’s just as smart as he’s handsome. He’s a total gentleman to me.”

“Is this serious?” Jennifer didn’t know how to phrase the question she wanted to ask.

“We like each other a lot; let’s see how it goes.” Molly answered her mother carefully.

 ********************

“How are you feeling?” Jerry asked his lover after he woke up from getting his arm set.

“I’m starving and ready to get out of here. Hey Brian and Justin; thanks for coming.”

“We had to make sure you were ok and we have orders from Debbie to coddle you and tuck you in tonight.” Justin said smiling. The doctor walked in carrying a rib brace in his arms.

“Well Mark; let me get this on you; and you can go home. I need to warn you the press is outside waiting for your exit.” The doctor walked up and got Mark to sit up so he could fit the brace on him.

“Shit; what should I do Brian?” Jerry asked.

“This is free publicity; walk straight out there and see them; it’s good for the movie and they can see that Mark’s going home and is basically ok.” Matt Damon walked into the room.

“Hey kid; sorry about today. I didn’t know I was falling for you.” Matt said grinning.

“Don’t sweat it; you wouldn’t be the first straight man that did.” Mark shot back. “I promise not to sue you if I can have one of your Oscars.”

“How about I help you get one of your own?”

“Deal; this actually makes my ribs stop hurting.”

“It supports them and stops them from moving when you breathe. Wear it until the pain goes away. Here’s a prescription for pain medication. Call me if you have any problems. I’ve signed the release and you can get dressed and go at any time.”

“Ricky, go check the mob outside and see if it looks safe for us.”

 “Ok, I’ll be right back.” Ricky the security man left the room.

 “I’ll run interference with the fans so you guys can get into the limo without being raped.” Matt told them.

“Ah, my hero; if I wasn’t hooked up with the owner of the studio I’d give you a reward.”

“That’s ok kid; my wife would appreciate it if you don’t.”

“We’ll wait outside for you to dress Mark. Justin took Brian’s arm and led him out of the room. Matt joined them. Moments later Ricky came back.

“How does it look outside?”

“TMZ, and the local news is there. No fans surprisingly.”

“We can handle that. Come on Brian, let’s do a press announcement. Ricky, tell them we’re outside waiting at the limo.” Brian and Justin walked out the Emergency Room doors and straight up to the waiting reporters.

“We have a report on the stars of the Rage movie for you.”

“Thanks; who are you?’

“I’m Justin Kinney with Kinnetik Advertising; we handle Marvel studios and we’re personal friends of Mark Davis, the boy playing JT who got hurt today.

“How is Mark?”

“He broke his arm and got 3 cracked ribs. He’s going home in a few minutes. The filming is almost completed and this will not delay production or release.”

“How did it happen?”

“They were shooting a scene and a rope came loose and Matt Damon fell on top of Mark about 15 feet.”

“Was Matt hurt?”

“No, except for getting the wind knocked out of him he got no injuries.”

“Will we be able to see Mark tonight?”

“Yes briefly, that’s his limo over there.”

“Hi, I’m Ken with TMZ, I saw you two on Oprah with your son Gus. How’s he doing?”

“Real good; he’s studying the first grade now with a private tutor a year ahead of schedule.”

“That was a great story about him earning 14 million dollars. Did you stage that?”

“Hell no; Gus made a winning ad and we paid him the proper bonus we would pay any ad man on our staff. I helped him a little but the ad concept was all his. We help our people all the time and still give them all their bonuses. Gus earned that money fair and square.”

“Did he make any other ads for you?”

“Yes, he did the booty ad for Playmobil.”

“That’s a very funny ad. What did he make?”

“What was his bonus on that one Brian?”

 “$100,000”

 “Why so little?”

“That’s a great bonus; for a million dollar deal. The deal Gus earned for our company with Hershey was much more.” Just then Matt, Jerry, Mark and Ricky came out of the ER doors and walked up to the reporters. The lights got brighter and everyone began filming them.

 “Matt, are you ok?”

“Yes, I wasn’t hurt; Mark broke my fall today.”

“How are you Mark?”

“Not too lucky, I only broke an arm and a few ribs.” The beautiful blond boy joked smiling with the reporters. “I didn’t break a leg unfortunately.”

“Will you still make movies after this accident?”

“Sure; I’ll be right back on that horse in no time. I’m just mad I can’t surf for a few weeks.”

“Mark, are you straight or gay?”

“It depends who I’m with.” Everybody laughed. Jerry got Ricky to move the crowd and then all got into the limo and headed to Malibu.