Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is dedicated to my 800th reviewer: Blind Dreamer. Thank you!!!

“Brian, what’s the best thing to do with our new income from all these rentals?”

“I don’t like being in debt Justin; not even to Kinnetik even if we own it. I’m using the positive cash flow from the tower to make extra principal payments each month to U.S. Steel and we should own the tower free and clear in about 4 years. That’ll save us hundreds of millions in interest payments.”

“What does it cost us to live on now?”

“Home taxes, insurance, utilities, servants, security, drivers, and the food you consume; about $200,000 a month at most.”

“Chump change Brian; what do we do with the new $30 million a month?”

“We could save it, or use it to pay off the New York complex early from our note with Kinnetik.”

“Paying Kinnetik is paying our selves Brian. Those notes don’t bother me and 3% is cheap money too. What can we be getting from a savings account for those monthly payments?”

“I’ll talk to Ted but we might get 5% on long term U. S. Treasury Notes.”

“I don’t want to tie up the money long term. You don’t want to play the market?”

“Fuck no; it’s too risky in this economy. I don’t trust the market in a good economy.”

“Keeping our money liquid and available; what will a bank pay us for our funds?”

“We might get 3% tops; banks don’t pay much right now since interest rates are so low.”

“I say we do that; stock-pile our cash for a rainy day.”

“Do I get to fuck you if I agree with your investment strategy?”

 “Yes”

“You have a deal Mr. Kinney.”

“It’s a pleasure working under you Mr. Kinney.”

“Would you like another Cosmo?”

“Yes please; if you’re having another scotch.”

********************

“Charles, it’s not a matter of trust. I’ll be putting you in my will. But if something was to happen to you this’ll protect my estate from your relatives.”

“A prenuptial agreement makes our marriage unbalanced Jennifer.”

“Is it in balance if I enter marriage a multi-millionaire and you’re worth about $75,000? I own half of Kinnetik Real Estate that is now very valuable. I have to protect that asset even in marriage.”

“I’m just shocked Jenn; I wasn’t expecting this.”

“I wasn’t planning on wanting one myself but Melanie insists we make one. I’ll make the terms very much in your favor; it’s the most I can do for you Charles.”

“I love you and I want to marry you. I’ll sign it Jenn; I was just surprised. You’re right; we’re not going into marriage on equal grounds. My teacher’s salary won’t cover the electric bills on this house each month.”

“You can pay the utilities in the middle of the night.” Jennifer came over and kissed her lover soundly. “I don’t want to hear any whining about money young man.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“That’s better; can I fix you a drink?”

“I’m marrying a rich beautiful woman; I’ll drink to that.” Charles said as he patted her on the ass.

********************

“Ted, do you love me?” Blake asked his older lover after getting fucked for ten minutes.

“Of course I love you Blake; you’re the best thing that has ever happened to me. Why would you ask that?”

“Do you ever think about getting married; I mean having a ceremony and all?”

“Would you like that?”

“I’ve dreamed of it; yes.” Ted in all his naked glory got out of bed and on one knee.

“Blake Wyzecki, you’re the love of my life; will you be committed to me forever?”

“YES YES YES !!!”

“Good, now we can set a date and hire Emmett.”

“Ted?”

“Yes”

“Do I have to sign a pre-nup with you?”

“Technically if we separate you have no rights to my estate prior to our civil commitment. I want you to have a 50/50 share of our joint wealth together Blake, so no prenuptial agreement is necessary.”

“I’ll sign one if you need it Ted.”

“I know Blake; that’s why I don’t need one.”

********************

“Heah cutie; what’s your name? Can I buy you a drink?”

“Michael and sure; let’s go to the bar. I’m only having a Budweiser.” Michael and the tall dark haired attractive older man walked to the main Babylon bar and he bought Michael a beer.”

“Are you visiting Pittsburgh?”

“Yes, I have a business appointment tomorrow downtown. My company’s considering hiring an advertising firm here.”

“Well let me guess; Kinnetik?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“They’re the only ad company in town and I know the owners. I’m a maintenance man at Kinnetik Tower.”

“Maybe you can get me a good deal.”

“I doubt it; I only change burned out lights. They’ll be fair with you and they’re the best in the business.”

“I hope so; this recession is kicking my company’s ass right now. If we don’t increase sales soon we’re going to have to lay off a lot of people.”

“What’s your company?”

“Brown and Caldwell; we’re a full service environmental engineering firm with over 1300 employees based in Ohio.”

“Which floor is your appointment on?”

“The 18th floor with Gardner Vance; why do you ask?”

“I know Vance; he can't help you. That floor handles the smaller accounts and Vance is in charge; the major accounts like Ford and GM or handled on the 46th floor in the main offices.”

“Is he straight or gay?”

“He’s straight but the guys who own the company are gay. A lot of employees are gay too.”

"Brian and Justin Kinney and their son Gus; I read about them. That’s quite a story there.”

“They’re pretty amazing and good people. How long are you in town for?”

“Until tomorrow night; I have to fly back after the meeting.”

“Do you own the company?”

“Hell no; we’re public stock anyway. I’m an attorney and public relations officer on the side. I’m going to try to get the best contract I can and take it to our board for final approval. Do you know why they won’t pitch the ads to us in advance Michael?”

“They’re too busy taking care of the clients already retained to try and compete for new clients. If you want their help you hire them first; not the other way around where they court your business.”

“They’re the only agency like that.”

“They’re that good; what’s your name?”

“John Freeman”

“Michael Novotny”

“Want to go into the back room Michael?”

“I can’t bottom John.”

“Why not?”

“Uh…I recently had a surgery back there.” Michael was too ashamed to say he was loose as a goose.

“We can still mess around though.”

“Yeah”

 ********************

 “Look Drewzy; Michael’s going into the back room with a hot man.”

“What’s so unusual about that?”

“It’s the first time I’ve seen him with anyone since he lost Ben and got out of jail. He got raped there too by a real big one I heard.”

“Who told you that?”

“Tell a Queen honey; it’s more reliable than the Associated Press in this town.”

“So what are my chances of getting you drunk and fucking your brains out tonight?”

“Well, the boy wants to score a touchdown?”

“You’re going to leave here a tight end but by morning you’ll be a wide receiver.”

“Oh you do know how to seduce a bottom honey. You who; over here, a triple Cosmo please.”

********************

Brian was talking with Cynthia when a tall man walked up to them.

“Excuse me; could I speak with Brian Kinney?”

“Who are you?” Brian asked.

“John Freeman with Brown and Caldwell in Ohio; we’re interested in hiring Kinnetik for new advertising.”

“I’m Brian and I have a few minutes if you’d like to step into my office. Did you have an appointment?”

“Yes at 10:30 with Gardner Vance but I’ve learned the best ad people are on this floor Brian and I want the best for my company.”

“Up here we only handle accounts with a million retainers a year or more John. Who told you to come here?”

“I met your friend Michael Novotny at Babylon last night; very nice guy who spoke very highly of you and Justin.”

“What did Vance offer you?”

“We discussed a $2 million budget with a $400,000 retainer for Kinnetik.”

“Well for this department to handle your company we need to talk at least a $4 million budget and a million retainer today.”

“I’m gay too Brian; I’m hoping that means something with you and I can obtain your best talent for my firm.”

 “My people on the 18th floor are very talented or I wouldn’t have hired them. Vance has over 25 years experience in advertising and specializes in companies like yours. He’s my best man for your firm.”

 “Well that’s not what Michael told me. He said you took over Vance’s agency and he was a no talent hack.”

“He was a poor businessman and is a gifted ad man or he wouldn’t be on my staff. Or you prepared to hire us today for a million down?”

“I have to take your contract back to our board for their review and approval. I’d need some proof of the kind of advertising you’ll do for us to get a larger budget approved for you. I want you and Justin to handle our account personally; with that assurance I’ll get my board to approve a million for you.”

“Forgive me if I don’t drool over your fake Pradas for a million dollars John.”

“I beg your pardon?”

 “We handle accounts in this office in the billions. With whale clients like Ford and GM, we’re not equipped to service a firm of your size here. There’s a reason accounts like yours go to the 18th floor; they’re better equipped to serve your needs there. Justin and I watch all the ad concepts and review them before we decide on which ones to run with. Everyone at Kinnetik tries to dream up the best ads; that’s why we’re the best in the business. You’re not gaining anything having just me and Justin do your ads.”

“According to Michael, your five year old son Gus can make a better ad than Vance Brian.” Despite his best efforts Brian couldn’t help but grin at that comment.

“I’ll give you a contract which includes a clause that I and Justin will personally over view your ad concepts for your company; satisfied John?”

“Yes, how soon can I have that in writing?”

“In about 10 minutes; go to my legal department and they can draw it up for you. The offer is good for 10 days.”

“Could I get 30 days?”

“I’ll go 15 days for a fellow cock sucker John.” Brian was getting bored with this piss ant.

“Thank you for your time Brian; I’ll try to get my board to approve your contract.”

 “I’ll be holding my breath and dying for your business. Kinnetik can’t live without you.” Sarcasm was dripping from Brian now. They shook hands and Brian led the man out of his office and went to the phone.

 “Maintenance, Ralph speaking.”

 “Brian Kinney, I need to change a light in my office; send Michael here.”

 “Yes sir Mr. Kinney; right away.”

 ********************

 “Hi Brian; which lights are out?”

“Yours; sit down Michael; would you like a coffee before we have a chat?”

 “Uh..no thank you.”

“I had a very interesting chat this morning with a John Freeman who knows you Michael.”

“We met each other at Babylon last night.”

“Would you know why he would come to my office without an appointment demanding Justin and I personally handle his very tiny account instead of Vance doing it?” Michael’s eyes got real big.

 “I didn’t know he would do that Brian.”

“Well somebody who knows us said Vance is no good, and Gus can make a better ad.”

“He read your story in Time; we were joking about it. Gus is really amazing.”

“Did you have a good time playing the big shot friend of the owners of Kinnetik last night?”

“I didn’t do that Brian; honest.”

“Do you like your job Michael?”

“I love my job Brian.”

“Would you like to keep your job?”

“Of course; I’d be crazy to want to lose it.”

“Let me make this clear, the next time you run your mouth about my company or run down Vance and Kinnetik Junior to a potential client; you’re fired. Do you understand me Michael?”

“I guess so.”

“Wrong answer; you can pack your shit, and go home.”

“Yes sir; I’ll never speak out of turn again Mr. Kinney. I won’t even say I know you personally.”

“That’s better Michael. I don’t need you to kiss my ass; I need you to keep your big mouth shut. This wasn’t that bad Mikey; but you could say the wrong things to a big client and that would really upset me. You don’t say shit in this building or in public about our business or private lives.”

“I’m really sorry Brian. I didn’t think I was hurting you. Do you have any lights to fix?”

“Just the tiny one in your brain; have we changed it?”

“Yes Brian.”

“Good; see you Sunday for pasta.” Brian then went and opened his door sending Michael away.