Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian and Justin walked around Britin deciding what furniture they needed to move in. Two bedrooms were furnished but Gus’s room needed furniture and they wanted to furnish at least one more bedroom for Melanie. Justin had a notebook and took notes as they talked about each room.

 “Are you planning on a bedroom set for a small boy or a larger one he can grow into Brian?”

 “He’ll outgrow a boy’s bed in no time; let’s put a double bed in his room with a matching set of dressers and night stands. He can decorate it to his taste as he grows up. I want him to have a desk and computer in here too, and a TV for video games.”

 “Flat panel LCD sets have come down in price; we can get a good deal on one. We can buy the TV and computer at the same store.”

 “I’ll upgrade a computer at work and make the old one good for Gus. It’s only two years old.” They walked into Gus’s bathroom.

 “We need a shower curtain here and a bath set with a carpet pad.” Justin wrote down the items on his list. Next they walked into the room for Melanie.

 “This is big enough for a queen size bed and furniture.”

 “Melanie has a queen bed set now; she can put it in here until the house is finished. Jenny Rebecca’s furniture can go in the room next door. When they move out we can furnish it then. They’ll be more comfortable with their own furniture.” Brian decided.

 “We need the same bathroom items in her bath too.” Justin added them to his list. Next they walked into the master bedroom.

“This is beautiful Brian; have you slept here yet?”

 “That bed has never been slept in; and the sheets are new. It’s been waiting for you to come home.”

“What will we do with the loft?”

 “Keep it so we have a place in town for when we have guests or a romantic getaway for a quickie.”

 “Ever the romantic.”

 “We have so much history at the loft I hate to let it go. It’s paid for so there’s no mortgage.”

 “If we ever have a fight I can send you to the loft instead of the sofa.”

 “Twat”

 “Cradle robber”

 “Lousy cock sucker”

 “Now you’re lying.” Both lovers laughed and ran down the stairs to check out the rooms there. First was the future media room.

 “Brian, we’re going to have to spend a fortune in this room. I hate projector sets and the screen is stained from cigarette smoke; that’ll never come out. We need a totally new system. I’d suggest the biggest flat panel plasma TV we can find and a surround sound system. We need theater seating and movie posters for the walls in frames. I’d like to get a big popcorn machine and a refrigerator for soda and waters.”

 “We have to order satellite service for our channels since there’s no cable out here. Which store in town has the best equipment?”

“I hate to say it but Taylor Electronics.”

 “I don’t care but do you want to see your father?”

 “It doesn’t matter to me one way or the other Brian. We’re on speaking terms barely. The last time I talked to him he wouldn’t pay my tuition at PIFA but that was years ago.”

 “Why don’t you call him and ask what’s the biggest TV flat panel he has?” Justin pulled out his cell phone and found his dad’s store and pressed call.

 “Craig Taylor”

 “This is Justin.”

 “If you’re calling me for money I can’t help you.”

 “That’s not why I’m calling Craig. What’s the biggest flat panel plasma TV you have for sale?”

 “You want to buy a TV?”

 “I’m buying an entire home entertainment system.”

“I got a 100” Sony but it’s not cheap; over $15,000 with taxes Justin.”

“He has a 100” diagonal Sony for 15 grand.”

 “Who are you talking to?”

 “Brian and I are furnishing a home in West Virginia and it has a huge media room in it.”

 “Tell him we can be there this afternoon to look at it and a sound system.”

 “Craig, we’ll be there this afternoon to see it and we need a good sound system too. Your technicians will need to install everything.”

 “Come on in; I’m always happy to make a sale.”

 “See you later.” Justin closed his phone. “He thought I was calling to ask for money.”

 “What an asshole. I almost hate to give him the business.”

 “We don’t have to go there but his technicians are the best in town. We could go to Fry’s at the capital.”

 “No, let’s buy it there and get it over with. Next we have to see what to do with our home office.” They walked out of the media room to the room that would be their home office area. “In here we need two corner desk groups, two tall black file cabinets, and a couch and chair with a coffee table. The built in book cases are good but I need a place for a coffee machine.” Justin wrote down in his book.

 “We can look for a nice matching table to go in here and a coffee maker. There’s room for a mini fridge.”

 “Write that down too.”

 “I want to see the pool area next.” Justin told his lover.

 ********************   

 Michael was led into the attorney room in handcuffs and then linked to a ring on the metal table. Melanie sat across from him. Once the guard had him secured he left the room.

 “Mel, you got to get me out of here. This place gives me the creeps.”

 “I only came to say goodbye Michael.”

 “What do you mean goodbye?”

 “I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore.”

 “We got a kid together you and me. How can you say that?”

 “I doubt you’ll ever get out of prison and if you do you’re going to be a very old man.”

 “I got an idea to get out but I need your help.”

 “Michael, they taped your drugging and kidnapping and you hitting Justin and raping him. You don’t have a prayer.”

 “I’ll give Justin everything I got; the equity in our house, my rights to Rage and my comic book store for him not to press charges. I need you to draw up the agreement and get Justin to sign it.” Melanie looked at Michael and smiled.

 “Will you promise to leave Justin alone if I help you?”

 “Yeah, you got my word Mel.”

 “I’ll be returning later today with the agreements for your signatures and a quick claim deed for your half of the equity in your house.”

 “Thanks Mel, I owe you one.”

 “Guard, we’re done for now.” Melanie got up and left the room grinning.

 ******************** 

 “Mr. Peterson; I’m sorry for this situation happening to such a fine Pittsburgh family.”

 “Mr. DA, I’m here to ask you to send my daughter’s case to Canada for prosecution.”

 She committed crimes in Pittsburgh and Canada. Frankly sir, I can make a lot of political hay with this case. It’s a real vote getter for my upcoming election.”

 “To do the case here would give everyone a black eye. Pittsburgh, my family and my grandson’s father who is also a businessman here; I don’t want the boy to see his mother’s face on TV. I don’t want the world to look at him like a victim of sexual abuse. Perhaps I could compensate your loss of political clout. Would a campaign contribution of say 200 grand cash equal it?”

“I can get behind the transfer of Lindsay Peterson’s case to Canada but the state DA has to sign off on it. Are you prepared to make the donation under those circumstances?” Charles Peterson opened his briefcase full of bundles of 100 dollar bills.

 “I’m a Boy Scout sir; I’m always prepared.”

 “I’ll try to convince the state attorney to go along with me on this. I don’t foresee a problem.”

 ******************** 

 “Debbie I’m pulling so many double shifts my boyfriend’s threatening to leave me.”

 “I turned in my resignation yesterday Kiki, I’m not working there anymore. You have to hire new help.”

 “Why would you leave me like this? I’m going into a tranny melt down.”

 “Spare me the fucking drama, queen. I got two grandchildren to take care of now.”

 “I walked by Michael’s store and he didn’t open up today. Is he sick?”

 “Yeah Kiki, he’s sick and won’t be in for a while.”

 “Tell him to get well for me.”

“Will do girl, and go hire you some help. Grab the first person who can carry plates and fight back.”

 “I will Debbie.”

 “Goodbye” Debbie hung up her phone. “I’m so glad to be out of that shit.”

 “Shit”

 “What did you say Gus?”

 “Shit, shit, shit; it’s funny gran ma.”

 “Oh you think it’s funny huh? I’ll show you what’s funny little man.” Debbie grabbed Gus and started to gently tickle him making him laugh.

 ********************

 “Ted, when will Justin get in? I need his advice on an ad campaign for the pet store.”

 “They’re taking a day off to buy furniture for their house. He’s not coming in today so you’re in charge. Do you have his cell phone number?”

 “He was going to give it to me but we didn’t get around to it yet.” Ted wrote down Justin’s number and handed it to the assistant director of the art department.

 “You can call him and ask him your question.”

 “Thanks Ted.” Tim took out his cell phone and entered Justin’s number and saved it then he placed the call.

 “Justin”

 “Justin, this is Tim. How do we approach the pet store campaign?”

 “Don’t worry about it but you can brainstorm ideas; work on the Williams Subaru ads. I’ll be in tomorrow.”

 “Ok Justin thanks.” Tim hung up his phone.

 “Trouble at work?” Brian asked him.

 “Tim wasn’t sure what to do with Petco’s account. I told them not to worry about it for now. How are we going to make it funny, sexy and edgy Brian?”

 “I do my best thinking when I’m in your ass.”

 “That sounds like a good excuse to fuck.”

 “Let’s go spend some money now. Here’s an American Express card with your name on it. Give it to Craig for our equipment.”

 “That’s going to chap his ass.”

 “That’s the idea Sunshine.”

 ******************** 

 “Mother, please get me out of here. This place is horrible.”

 “Lindsay, your father is trying to get your case sent to Canada where we think you can get a better sentence. We can’t bail you out and do that too.”

 “You’d do it for my sister.”

 “That’s not the point Lindsay. You’re facing very serious charges and life in prison in this state. Your father and I are doing all we can not to let that happen to you but you have to stay in there.”

 “Who is taking care of Gus?”

 “His father is, and a friend named Debbie dear.”

 “Where’s Justin?”

 “Lindsay, who’s Justin?”

 “Brian’s partner.”

 “I don’t know, he didn’t mention him to us. He just told us where Gus was if we wanted to see him.”

 “I miss my baby so much mother.”

 “You should have thought about that before you hurt him.”

 ******************* 

 “That was fast Mel.”

 “I’m a lawyer; this is what I do. Everything I needed was on public record. Ok, here is the quick claim deed signing over your equity in the house you own with Ben. Sign here.” Michael took the pen and signed the form. “This is the deed to your business and inventory; sign here and here.” Michael signed the deed. “This is the agreement giving Justin all rights to the comic book Rage. Sign here.” Michael did as she told him to. This is the general agreement granting all your possessions to Justin if he doesn’t press charges against you.”

 “Fuck, its nine pages long. Why so much?”

 “It’s just lawyer talk to impress the judge. The first paragraph describes the agreement between you and Justin. Sign on the last page above your name.” Michael read the first paragraph nodding his head smiling then signed the agreement.

 “How soon can I get out?”

 “We have to wait until they drop the charges; probably a few days, maybe.” Melanie did her best not to smile.

 “Cool, thanks Mel; I really owe you one for this.”

 “Don’t mention it; this was a favor and you didn’t retain me.”

 “Ok” Mel got up and left the attorney room and left the building pulling out her cell phone.

 “Hey Mel.”

 “Justin, you now own Michael’s comic book store, all of Rage, and his equity in their house.”

 “Fuck, how did that happen?”

 “Michael has this idea he gets off if you agree not to press charges. Don’t worry; the state won’t go for it with crimes this serious. They’ll still send him to prison even if you agree to this. I wrote in the agreement that if the state still insists he faces charges you still keep the items and you’re free to testify. He’s fucked good Justin. There’s no way the state will drop his charges.”

 “I’ll keep Rage but give the house equity to Ben and the comic book store to Hunter.”

 “That’s over $70,000 Justin; is that what you want to do?”

 “Yes, I don’t need his money and they deserve it. Do you need my signatures?”

 “Yes, can you meet me at the diner at five?”

 “Can we meet Mel at the diner at five Brian?”

 “Sure”

“We’ll be there Mel, thanks.” Justin closed his phone.

“What was that about?”

 “Michael has this idea that he can get out if I agree not to press charges so he’s giving me his equity to their house, the comic book store and total ownership of Rage.”

 “We’re not dropping charges Justin.”

  “I can agree not to press charges but Mel says the state won’t accept the agreement and Michael still faces charges and goes to prison and I keep the items he gave me. I’m giving the home equity to Ben and the store to Hunter.”

 “At least let Ben pay for your hospital bills.”

 “OK; he’d probably like to give me something anyway.”

 “So Mel broke it off in Michael’s ass. I’m might have to learn to love that dyke.”

 “I’ve always liked Mel; Lindsay was the one stirring up trouble between you and her.”

 “I think you’re right.”

 “Here’s dad’s store now.” Brian turned off the street into the parking lot. They got out and entered the store. Craig was talking to one of his salesmen and saw them come in. He despised Brian Kinney but he would gladly take his money from him. Craig walked over to them.

 “Thanks for considering my store Justin.”

 “You have the best equipment in town Craig. Where’s the 100” model at?”

 “In a display room with the best sound system I have; come with me.” Craig led them to the back of the store into a room set up for home entertainment media. “This is the largest production model made for home sets. The sound system is Bose and it’s their largest and best model too. Craig turned on the TV and demonstrated the sound system with “Top Gun” and the DVD was cued up to loud jets flying off the carrier deck. You could hear the jets roar across the room from left to right as the jet took off. The sound was incredible. The background music amazing.

 “I like it; what do you think Justin?”

 “It would look good in the house and the screen is bright and clear. The HD channels will be fantastic on it. I say we buy both systems since they go good together.”

 “I ordered satellite service. Their equipment should be at the house by five tomorrow.”

 “Where is your house?” Craig asked them.

 “Thirty minutes away in West Virginia.” Justin told him.

 “If you’re willing to pay travel and overtime I can have my men bring it tomorrow at five and set it up including your TV reception.” Brian and Justin looked at each other and had a silent conversation.

 “We’ll take it.”

 “Let’s go to my office and get your credit application.”

 “That won’t be necessary Craig.” Justin said. Craig looked at him in shock. This was over $25,000 in equipment and installation. “We also need three smaller LCD TVs.”

“I have them set up on the display wall Justin.” They walked over to the sets on display.

 “The 42” models have a low price and look good Brian.”

 “I want to put the one in Gus’s room on the wall so he can’t pull it down.”

 “Craig, we need wall brackets for all the sets and HD cables for everything. We want three of the Sony model in 42”.”

 “This is a good sale. How about I knock off 10% for you, son.”

 “Sure.” Craig led them into his office and he drew up the purchase order. He padded the installation cost to recoup the 10% discount.

 “The total bill is $28,357.34.” Justin handed his new American Express card to Craig who read Justin’s name on it. He ran the purchase into the credit card machine and in seconds it was approved.

 “I need your address and directions to get there.” Justin wrote a map and the address on a piece of clear printer paper.

 “Here’s my card if you have any questions. My cell phone is on it if the delivery men and technicians need to call me.” Craig looked at the card showing Justin was the Art Department Director at Kinnetik Inc. He was frozen as he read the card.

 “I’ll have the men there at five and they’ll hide the wires real good. On a big set up like this I usually personally supervise the installation myself.” Justin looked at Brian who just shrugged his shoulders.

 “That’ll be ok Craig; you can see our house.”

 “We may buy more TVs later for other rooms too.” Brian added.

 “It was a pleasure to do business with you.” Craig reached out and shook Justin’s hand but not Brian’s.

 “See you tomorrow Craig.” Brian and Justin left the store.

 “Well that went better than I thought it would.”

 “He might hate faggots but he loves pink dollars.” Justin said grinning. “We skipped lunch and I haven’t eaten since this morning at the hospital. Let’s go to the diner to eat and wait for Melanie.”

 “OK” They got into the Vette and left the store lot.

 ******************** 

 “Hello Melanie”

 “Ben, can you and Hunter meet me at the diner at five. I have good news.”

 “What’s this about?”

 “Michael gave the store, his equity in your house and Rage to Justin. He’s keeping Rage and giving you the equity and the store to Hunter.”

 “I can’t let Justin do that; it’s too much money.”

 “Well they’re going to be there to finish the paperwork so you can talk to him and make your own arrangements.  That’s what Justin wants to do though.”

 “We’ll be there Mel.”

  “See you then Ben.”

 ******************* 

 “Damn Brian, this place is a madhouse.” Brian and Justin walked into the diner and there were dirty dishes in their booth and other tables. People were screaming for their food and drinks, and Kiki was on the verge of total nervous breakdown. Justin picked up the coffee pot and refilled their cups. They he cleared off the tables including the booth for him and Brian. The cook ranged the bell. Justin picked up the plates.

 “Who gets two hamburgers?”

 “Over here.” Justin walked over to the table.

 “Who has onion rings?”

 “Me cutie.” Justin sat down the plates.

 “Where’s my fucking Coke? I’ve been waiting for 10 minutes damn it.” Justin went and got a Coke and took it to the man.

 “Thanks honey, I’m lost without Debbie here.”

“That’s ok Kiki. I’ll handle our orders.” The cook ranged the bell again and Kiki went to get the food.

 “Could I check out before midnight?” Justin went to the register and took the man’s check and rang up his bill.

“$7.25” The man handed Justin a twenty with his phone number.

 “Keep the change foxy; call me if you want some more.” Justin ignored the come on line and then he gave the tip to Kiki. He grabbed an order pad and went to Brian.

 “I could pimp you out in here and make a fortune Sunshine.”

 “No thanks; I got a sugar daddy. What do you want to eat?”

 “Chicken sandwich, no mayo, with lettuce and tomatoes, and unsweetened tea.” Justin added his order and took it to the cook’s window and hit the bell as he spun the check on the wheel. Then he cleaned the counter and took the tub of dishes to the back. Next, Justin made two waters and Brian’s tea and a Coke for himself and went to sit down.

 “How long before Mel gets here?”

 “About 20 minutes.” Brian said looking at his watch. Then he got the idea to buy one for Justin.

 ********************

 “Hello”

 “This is a collect call from an inmate at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh from:

Michael (he spoke softly into the phone)

 This call will cost you $2.00 a minute should you accept. If you wish to block calls from this facility press one; if you wish to accept calls from this facility press 2, if you wish to hear these instructions again press 9.” Debbie pressed one on her phone. “All calls from our facility will be blocked for 30 days.” Debbie hung up the phone with a small tear falling down her cheek. She poured two glasses of milk and grabbed the cookie tray and joined Gus and Jenny Rebecca in the living room watching cartoons.

 “The person you called has blocked you from calling. Click”

 “Oh fuck, Maw!”

 ******************** 

 “Ding” Justin got up and grabbed their food and brought it to their booth. He refilled Brian’s tea and his Coke and sat down and prepared his hamburger.

 “I have room in my car to take my boxes at Kinnetik to West Virginia today.”

 “Where’s your car Justin?”

 “Still at Woody’s if they didn’t tow it away.” Brian pulled out his cell phone and made a call.

 “Woody’s, Tony speaking.”

 “This is Brian Kinney, Justin’s new red Subaru was parked in your lot; is it still there?”

 “Yeah Brian, I knew it was his and left it here.”

 “We’ll get it later today, thanks Tony.” Brian closed his phone. “They got it.”

 “Good.” The door bell jingled; Ben and Hunter walked into the diner. Justin waved them to come over.

 “Hi Ben, hello Hunter.”

 “What’s up Blondie?”

“Me later if I’m lucky; sit with us.”

 “Hello Brian, Justin; Melanie called me and told me about Michael giving you everything but I don’t know why he did it.”

 “He wants me to agree to not press charges against him.”

 “I’m not in favor of it; I want you to press charges Justin.”

 “Mel says it doesn’t matter what I agree to; the state will go forward anyway and I get to keep everything but all I want is the ownership of Rage. I’m giving you Michael’s equity in your house and the store to Hunter.”

 “I get the comic book store? Sweet!”

 “Michael’s equity is about $50,000 or more; I can’t let you do that Justin.”

 “Tell you what; how about you pay my doctor and hospital bill and we call it even. I don’t need or want Michael’s money. You can use it to help put Hunter through college.”

 “I can make the store profitable; Michael wouldn’t listen to me. He was going about it the wrong way. I can put myself through college.”

“The store’s a loss. We should pack up the inventory and sell it on eBay. That way you don’t have any overhead of rent, insurance, and utilities and you’re free during the day to attend classes. You can put the money toward getting a car and your college fund.”

 “I can live with that.”

 “Ben, I’m not keeping the equity in your house. I’m signing it over to you no matter if you pay my medical bills or not.”

 “Don’t waste your breath professor arguing with the twat.”

 “Who are you calling a twat sugar daddy?”

 “Ha! That’s a good one Blondie.”

 “I’ll pay your bills Justin.”

 There’s the ER room, x-rays and a CAT scan and one night in ICU plus any medicine they used. It shouldn’t be too much.”

 “Thank you Justin.” Kiki was still overwhelmed with customers so Justin got up and grabbed the order pad.

 “What do you guys want to order?”

 “I don’t want anything but Hunter can eat.”

 “I’ll have a double mustard cheeseburger loaded, fries and a chocolate shake with water .”

 “Got it.” Justin put in the order and made the shake and brought it over to Hunter with water.

 “Something to drink Ben?”

 “Just lemon water.” Justin got it and returned to the table and sat down to finish his meal.

“Does Michael have a lease on the store?”

 “Three more years; but it’s only in his name. The landlord can sue him but he won’t see a dime.”

 “Hunter, box up the comics and Sunday afternoon I’ll help you get them to your garage.”

 “You got a car?”

 “Yes and lots of room to haul shit.”

 “I know a used business store that will buy your cash register and racks. They’ll even pick it up.” Brian said.

 “Well Sunday we can take out the comics, and next week the fixtures. Then we shut down the utilities and cancel the insurance which will probably give us a refund check.” Ben said.

 ********************

 “Kinnetik advertising; may I help you?”

 “This is a collect call from an inmate at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh from:

 Michael (he spoke softly into the phone again)

 This call will cost you $2.00 a minute should you accept. If you wish to block calls from this facility press one; if you wish to accept calls from this facility press 2, if you wish to hear these instructions again press 9.” Cynthia pressed one on her phone. “All calls from our facility will be blocked for 30 days.” Cynthia grinned and hung up the phone.

 “The person you called has blocked you from calling. Click”

 “I just wanted to apologize to you Brian.”

 ******************** 

 The diner door bell jingled and Mel walked in and saw the gang sitting in the back and walked to them. The cook hit his bell and Justin jumped up and got Hunters order and took it to him.

 “Moonlighting Justin? Doesn’t asshole pay you enough?”

 “Kiki was having a melt down so I gave her a hand. She’s lost without Debbie here.”

 “I just got through showing Michael’s agreement with you to the DA who has his case.”

 “What did he say?”

 “He laughed his ass off and said under no circumstances will they drop the charges. They got so much evidence they don’t need your testimony.”

 “Do I need to sign some things?”

 “Yes; here is the agreement, a quick claim deed of the house equity granting it to Ben, and a sales agreement for $1.00 granting the store to Hunter.” Hunter reached into his pocket.

 “Here’s your dollar.” Justin took the forms and signed them where Melanie pointed to.

 “I’ll record them tomorrow morning after taking JR to Debbie’s. Brian, remember our court appointment.”

 “I have it on my schedule Mel. We’re getting the house ready to live in and bought furniture and shit today. I want you to put your bedroom suite and JR’s in your rooms until the house is built.” Ben’s cell phone rang.

 “Hello?”

 “This is a collect call from an inmate at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh from:

 It’s Michael, Ben.

 This call will cost you $2.00 a minute should you accept. If you wish to block calls from this facility press one; if you wish to accept calls from this facility press 2, if you wish to hear these instructions again press 9.” Ben pressed one on his phone. “All calls from our facility will be blocked for 30 days.” Ben hung up the phone.

 “The person you called has blocked you from calling. Click”

 “I love you Ben.”

 “That was Michael trying to call me; I blocked his calls for 30 days.” Then Hunter’s phone rang.

 “Give me your phone Hunter.” Ben listened to the jail phone recording and blocked the calls again.

 “He can’t bother you now.”

 “I wouldn’t have accepted it anyway. Who needs him after what he did to Justin?” Then Brian’s cell phone rang. Brian listened to the recording and also blocked his calls. Next Justin’s phone rang. Justin listened and blocked future calls.

 “He won’t call me; I just saw him today.”

 “How did he look?” Brian asked her.

 “Scared, then happy thinking he’s going to get out soon.”

 “When will he realize that’s not going to happen?” Justin asked her.

 “He has arraignment at ten Monday morning. I spoke with the chief attorney at the public defender’s office and told them to put their worse person on his case. They’ll send him down hard.”

 “I want to know what prison he goes to; I plan to make his new life interesting.” Brian said with a smirk.

 “For attempted murder he goes to maximum security. It’s the worse prison in the state. A gay man will not like it there.” Mel told them. “What’s happening to Lindsay’s case Brian?”

 “We’re trying to get it sent to Canada to stop any publicity here.”

 “Justin, the deadline for signing up for the next semester is next Friday at five.”

 “Thanks Ben; with so much stuff going on I haven’t had time to look.”

 “I’ll grab the enrollment packet and information for the Marketing Department and have it for you this weekend.”

 “I appreciate that very much.”

 “So we’re both going to college?”

 “Yes, we can sit together at lunch if you like.”

 “That makes two people I’ll know there.”

 “Who’s the other person?” Ben asked him.

 “Callie, you remember her Ben.”

 “Ah, the girl who took your virginity.”

 “My straight virginity anyway but I got hers too.”

 “All this talk about straight sex is making my dick soft.” Brian said and Justin punched him in the arm.

 “Brian, we have a lady present.”

 “Mel’s no lady, she’s a lawyer.” Everyone laughed including Mel.

“Brian, whatever you build I’m sure JR and I will love it.”

 “I want you to design it. And bring me the plans. I want you to live there for a long time for Gus.”

“Ok Brian, three stories, eight bedrooms, ten bathrooms and an indoor heated pool.”

“Three bedrooms, three baths, and I’ll throw in the indoor pool if you make it kid proof.”

  “Deal” Brian and Mel shook hands smiling.

******************** 

 “Hello”

 “This is a collect call from an inmate at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh from:

 It’s me Michael,

 This call will cost you $2.00 a minute should you accept. If you wish to block calls from this facility press one; if you wish to accept calls from this facility press 2, if you wish to hear these instructions again press 9.” Ted pressed two on his phone.

 “Michael?”

 “Thanks for taking my call Ted; nobody else will.”

“Well can you blame them?”

 “It was just a practical joke Ted.”

 “Michael, did you hear what happened to Justin after you hit him?”

 “I didn’t hit him that hard.”

 “Michael, he died at the hospital. The doctor’s barely brought him back. On top of kidnapping, rape and drugs you’re facing attempted murder now.” There was silence on the phone. “Did you hear me Michael?”

 “Justin’s not pressing charges; I’ll be getting out soon. I gave him everything I own; my home equity, the store, and my half of Rage.”

 “Michael how stupid can you be? Justin isn’t pressing charges; the state is. You’re still going to prison Michael and probably never getting out.”

 “Ted, it can’t be that bad.”

 “Oh it’s that bad Michael; you almost killed Justin hitting him in the site of his old bashing injury. His brain made his heart stop more than once.”

 “You got to help me Ted; I don’t have anyone else to help me.”

 “Michael, there’s nothing I can do.”

 “Get me a good lawyer.”

 “I know the evidence they have and it would be a waste of money. I don’t waste money Michael.”

 “I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!” Michael screamed into the phone hurting Ted’s ears. Ted then just closed his phone. Moments later Michael called back. Ted listened to the recording and blocked his calls.

 ******************** 

 Brian cell phone rang.

 “Hello”

 “This is a collect call from an inmate at the Allegheny County Jail in Pittsburgh from:

 Peter, it’s Wendy.

 This call will cost you $2.00 a minute should you accept. If you wish to block calls from this facility press one; if you wish to accept calls from this facility press 2, if you wish to hear these instructions again press 9.” Brian pressed one on his phone and closed it.

 “The person you called has blocked you from calling. Click”

 “I love you Brian.” Lindsay then started to cry.

 “Rot in hell you fucking bitch!”

 “Lindsay?” Justin asked.

 “Yeah.”

 “She better not call me or I’ll chew her a new asshole.” Mel said.

 “Can I get you anything Mel?”

 “Just a coffee Kiki.”

 “Coming right up honey.”

 “Brian, I don’t need a pool; we can use the one at your house.”

“I’m hiring a contractor to build a room around it so we can use it year round and I can lock it safe for the kids.”

 “That’s a great idea; who came up with that?”

 “Justin, he saw it wasn’t safe for kids now.”

 “Justin, I’d love it for you to be a father figure for JR.”

 “I’m honored Mel. Sure.” Justin was smiling.

“They make the best double cheeseburgers here.” Hunter said as he took a huge bite.

 “There are more calories in that burger than I eat in a week.” Ben said smiling.

 “At their ages they can eat anything and not gain a pound.” Brian said.

 “I watch my figure Brian.”

 “I bet I watch it more than you do.” Brian said with his tongue in cheek grin Justin found so adorable.

 ******************** 

 “Daddy! Jussin!”

 “Hey there Sonny boy; were you good for Grandma Debbie.”

 “I very good Daddy.” Brain picked up his son and kissed his cheek.

 “How’s your arm Gus?” Justin asked him.

 “It don’t hurt. Let me take this off.” He held up the braced arm.

 “Maybe for a little while when we get home but you have to wear it to get well.”

 “OK Jussin.”

 “Thanks Brian.”

 “What for Deb.”

 “I love having the kids. Michael tried to call me. They help not to think about him.”

 “Thank you; we couldn’t find a better person to trust him to.”

 “Is Mel coming soon for JR?”

 “She should be right behind us. We were at the diner. Justin had to wait tables.”

 “Kiki was having a total tranny meltdown.” Justin said grinning.

 “I’m the only person who could pull a shift by myself and I’m an old lady.”

 “You’re not old, just well seasoned.” Brian told her.

 “A lot of cayenne pepper and gun powder to put up with that mob.” Melanie walked into the door.

 “Damn rental car stalled on me at the diner. Hi Debbie.”

“Hello Mel. Would you like to leave my granddaughter with me tonight?”

“Are you sure? You had her last night?”

“It helps me not to think about you know who Mel.”

 “We were going to Brian and Justin’s house in West Virginia. Let me go bring in her bag.” Mel left the room to the front and brought in JR’s luggage. “I’d like to get my daughter back tomorrow please.”

 "And you can have Gus tomorrow night Debbie.” Brian said.

 “I’d love it. He’s so much fun to take care of.”

 “I want you to keep her when I go back to Canada to pack up. I’m moving back and staying with Brian and Justin. I have to drive the car back.”

 “I’d love to Melanie.”

 “Come here Gus so I can help you put on your shoes.” Justin told the boy.

 “Ok Jussin.” Justin helped him put on his shoes and tied them; while doing this, his cell phone rang.

 “Hello”

 “This is Jerry Griffin with Marvel Comics, are you the Justin Taylor who owns half of the comic book Rage?”

 “As of today, I now own all of it.”

 “Marvel would like to buy your interest in the comic and rights to your artwork. We’re prepared to pay you $750,000.”

 “One moment please.” Justin covered his phone and looked at Brian. “Marvel Comics wants to pay me $750,000 for Rage Brain.” Justin said grinning.

 “Tell him you want a million Justin.”

 “I would need a million for the ownership of the comic sir and rights to my art. It’s very profitable.”

 “You must be psychic Mr. Taylor; that’s the highest amount I’m allowed to offer you.”

 “How do we handle this?”

 “Do you have an attorney Mr. Taylor?”

 “We can use my attorney at work sir.”

 “I’ll send them the contract for you; where should I send it?”

“Are you at your computer?”

 “Yes”

 “Goggle Kinnetik, spelled K-i-n-n-e-t-i-k.”

 “I have Kinnetik Advertising in Pittsburgh?”

 “Yes, use that address attention Legal Department.”

 “I’ll email the contract to you as an attachment and fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow with your cashier’s check. Once I have your signature, and rights to your drawings for the comic, the check is yours.”

 “I’ll be looking forward to seeing you sir.”

 “Thank you Mr. Taylor. I’ll be there by one tomorrow.”

 “Ok Mr. Griffin. I’ll see you then.” Justin closed his phone.

 “Did he go for it?” Brian asked.

 “I’m a millionaire.”

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews = LOVE!


Please love me.