Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Mr. Kinney; Mr. West will see you now.” Brian drove to Hershey PA that morning to see the CEO of the worlds’ best known chocolate bar.

“Brian Kinnetik of Kinnetik Advertising”

“Dave West; usually we don’t accept PR pitches Brian but your reputation precedes you.”

Darn and I was hoping to make you a client now I don’t have a chance.” Brian smirked making Dave laugh. “Let me get to the point Dave. We want your advertising business and we can do better than any other agency. I’m going to show you one ad, one concept made by our youngest ad man, which is an excellent example of the quality of my people’s vision.” Brian opened his briefcase and handed Gus’s ad to the CEO of Hershey.

“Ha ha ha! This is pure genius Brian.”

“As you can see it will appeal to all ages. Kids will see kids, and adults will read the slogan. It has cuteness, humor, sex, edge and that subliminal animal instinct to use food for sex. It reaches the subconscious wanting to mate using a treat for that goal.”

“Now I understand how you’re taking over the PR world. Nobody dreams up ads like Kinnetik. What do you have in mind?”

“Are you locked in with an agency now?”

“No, we use several trying to find a good one.”

“What are your annual sales?”

“We did about $7 billion last year.”

“Spend 5% of last year’s gross with me or $350 million for an advertising budget ad only. I’ll need a retainer of $70,000,000 for a two year contract; we’ll kick out 24 months of outstanding winning ads and significantly raise your sales figures. If you want to go TV spots too, double it. We recently raised Ford’s income 47% last quarter. I signed up with GM recently and soon you’ll see a great hot Camaro ad on TV we just created. I can also get you star endorsements like Matt Damon and Toby McGuire. Both of them are in my pocket. We also have a hot new teenage star about to hit the public eye named Mark Davis; he’s a real heart breaker.”

“I’m sold Brian. This is the best ad I’ve seen in years. How soon can you have a contract ready?”

“I have one started on disk with me, if I can use your computer; five minutes; include TV spots?”

“Yes; I’ll go get you a check ready and bring in my attorney to read your agreement.”

********************

“Jerry here”

“Your lover here; I just got a check from Kinnetik for $500,000 by overnight mail.”

“That’s your payment for the TV commercials Mark.”

“When Tony saw it he pissed in his pants.” Mark started laughing.

“We may get you more gigs for TV. It helps promote the movie.”

“Why didn’t you wake me and take me to work today?”

“We aren’t shooting any scenes with you until Wednesday.”

“Oh, I’m going surfing them. Can I buy Tony a wet suit and board?”

“Sure, use your credit card. Take Ricky with you and have the store deliver the gear to the house. Go to Ho Daddy’s in Malibu for the shit.”

“Thank you lover. See you tonight.”

“See you.” Jerry closed his phone smiling.

********************

Justin’s phone rang. “What happened with Hershey Brian?’

“A home run; ads and spots, two years, 700 million budget with 140 million up front. I’m driving back now.”

“Gus has to be the first self made five year old multi-millionaire in history.”

“And that’s what I want the press release to say too with a copy of the ad.”

“The GM contract is on page one of this morning’s paper. Our phones are ringing off the wall with ass kissers. Cynthia’s pissed.”

“Make a company announcement of Gus’s success; drive it up the ad monkey’s asses.”

“Listen Brian (Justin turned on the company wide PA) Attention employees of Kinnetik and our youngest ad monkey Gus Kinney. Brian just signed up Hershey Chocolate for a 700 million dollar deal. The winning ad was created by our five year old son Gus Kinney who earned a 14 million dollar bonus today. Sally’s little girl in the nursery Kathy, gets $25,000 for being a model in the ad. Not bad for his first ad assignment and a great deal for Kathy too. This is not a joke; this is true and will be in a press release today. I hope you ad monkeys who have yet to make a bonus realize a five year old boy has kicked your ass. That is all.”  Brian laughed as he heard Justin’s company announcement. “Was that good enough Brian?”

“It was perfect. Get Ted to make Gus a check and take it for him to sign. Order cake and drinks for all the kids and make a party of it. Don’t wait for me; do it now. I want him to see the check and taste this success.”

“This is going to hit the news Brian like a bolt of lightning. I bet national picks this up as a human interest story.”

 “Set up an interview with him on Good Morning Pittsburgh tomorrow. They’ll love it and put it on national TV.”

“Good idea; I’m calling them now. Later.”

“Later”

********************

“Good morning Pittsburgh; today we have a very special guest. A five year old boy made 14 million dollars yesterday. This is not a joke; he really earned it. His name is Gus Kinney, the son of Brian and Justin Kinney of Kinnetik; you’re going to love this story right after this important announcement.” The lady TV personality got Brian, Justin and Gus on stage ready to start his interview after the break.

“Hello Gus”

“Hello”

“Tell me how you made this money.”

“I told Daddy I wanted to be an ad man like him. Then he gave me a candy bar and told me to make an ad picture for it to make kids buy it. I got my friend Kathy at work to pose with me and they took our picture with me sharing my candy bar. Daddy Jussin came up with the words and made the ad picture on the computer. Then Daddy got Hershey to buy the ad.” Gus held up a big picture of the ad for a camera close up.

“What an amazing story! This is Brian Kinney who is daddy, and daddy Justin Kinney; they’re the owners of Kinnetik Advertising here in Pittsburgh. I’m sure you’re very proud of your son today dads.”

"Yes we are. First I want to say this is all true and not staged. We’re publishing a press release about it today on AP. Our ad people make a 10% bonus for a winning concept at our company. They get 10% of the retainer of a new client. Since Gus’s ad sold the CEO of Hershey to hire us for two years for a 700 million dollar contract; the bonus is officially his.” Brian told the lady and the TV audience.

“To be fair, Justin did the winning slogan so isn’t part of this bonus his?”

“We often help our ad people with ideas without cutting into their bonuses for it. Neither Brian nor I take from an employee’s bonus if we help them so it’s all truly Gus’s money, and here is a big copy of the actual check Gus signed yesterday at a party in the Kinnetik Kindergarten. We have some photos of that party celebrating his first deal.” Justin said.

“This is fantastic boys. Gus, how does it feel to be a multi-millionaire today?”

“I still have to clean my room.” Everyone in the studio laughed.

“So Brian, Gus is your biological son?”

“Yes he is, and it appears the public relations gene carried over to him quite well. At this rate he should be a billionaire before middle school.”

“What a story guys. I thank you for bringing in Pittsburgh’s newest millionaire today. Gus, we’re all very proud of you and we’re going to be watching for more winning ads from you in the future.”

“Me too, I want more checks.” Justin busted out laughing and Brian couldn’t take the smile off his face.

“What a terrific kid; time for a traffic update.” The camera went remote at that moment.

“Do I have your permission to hand this to our national affiliate?”

“Certainly and you can sell rights to other networks; it’s free publicity for my company.”

“And they will buy it too. I loved this segment. Thank you Brian and Justin for coming in; Gus, can I borrow a million dollars from you?” Gus looked at his Daddy and Justin.

“I invested it; sorry. And I have to pay taxes.”

“You are one smart young man Gus Kinney.”