Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Good morning Mark; I’m John Spencer, your trainer. I’ve worked with Toby McGuire, Tom Cruise and many others.  Since you’re a beginner now; we’re going to take it easy at first to get your body slowly adjusted for training. Do you have any questions for me?”

“What are we going to accomplish with your training John?”

“Good question; I have to teach you how to eat and maintain the perfect celebrity body for the camera and media to fawn over. Physically, we’re going to shed off your body fat and replace it with muscle definition concentrating on upper body development. It’s a slow process but you’ll start seeing results of our work in a couple of weeks. In three or four months you’ll be a true Hollywood stud muffin and the next sex symbol.” Mark thought about the side benefit of gaining a better body for Jerry to enjoy.

“Great; let’s get started.”

“That’s a good attitude Mark; very important in training. First we’re going to do some simple stretching exercises. Imagine yourself to be a pile of raw ore entering a processing plant. You’re on a conveyor belt becoming a highly valuable finished rare metal. That’s how we create a new star. We take someone like you with natural good looks and smart brains and transform you into a new actor for the film industry.” Mark carefully followed John as he demonstrated the exercises on the carpeted basement gym room floor.

********************

"Hello Brian.”

“Busch, good to hear from you. Cynthia tells me you wish to double the national spots now.”

“That’s right. The target testing we did in California was a major success Brian. This new advertising concept is going to be a huge success for us. Sales jumped 57% after starting the ads there.”

“I’m very happy to hear that. I’ll get our teams on the follow up concepts now.”

“I also called to give you a heads up. A very good friend of mine is seriously considering hiring your company after I told him how great you are. I hope you’re up to handling a real whale Brian.”

“If not we’ll get up to speed. Who is it?”

“Bill Ford, Ford Motor Company internationally. Their advertising budget is five billion annually with a one billion dollar retainer up front. You’re going to have to produce ads and about 20 new commercials a month for that account.”

“Damn Busch, I could almost let you sleep with Justin for that much business; almost.”

“He’s hot enough looking to make a straight man think twice that’s for sure. I’m very happy with my wife; thank you.”

“It was a figure of speech; I don’t share him. Do I call Bill Ford?”

“He’s going to call you today and probably fly in to see you guys tomorrow.”

“My schedule will change just for him. I’ll have to expand my video department but it won’t be a problem if I have about 30 days to get ready.”

“You got 90 days before he needs your new ads. Toyota is kicking his ass in advertising and sales. He wants a total make over for the company image and how they show the cars to the public. I told him you guys are smoking the good stuff and dreaming up the best ideas and you’re sharp on diversity advertising.”

“I’ll have goat herders in Pakistan driving Ford Rangers in six months Busch.”

“I have no doubt you could do that Brian. Thanks for making me money.”

“I’m glad we are. Those are magical words to your ad man.”

“Be ready for Bill’s call. If you don’t piss on his shoes you got the account already.”

“I really owe you one for this. We’ll still kick out great work for you Busch.”

“I sure of it. Good day Brian.” Busch hung up and Brian was frozen in his place. His commission alone for the Ford account was $100 million. Despite a hard recession nationwide, Kinnetik was having a record year of growth and profits. Brian put down the phone and hit the intercom.

“Justin, come to my office.”

“Be right there.” A minute later Justin walked in the door. “What’s up Brian?”

“Busch hooked us up with Ford Motor Company for a five billion dollar account and a billion up front retainer. When we land the deal you and I split a 100 million sign on bonus.”

“It’s your account Brian; why are we splitting it?”

“Most of the work is art and video Justin. You own half the company. Let’s set a policy now that we always share major accounts together. It’ll make the accounts more stable legally with two ad men signed on; should one of us become disabled or unable to perform. You’re going to have to rapidly expand your video department for major productions at a very rapid pace. We’re going to need to work sometimes with actors in different languages and locations.”

“I can do it Brian. We can do it. I have some ideas spinning in my head right now. Let me get my team thinking about selling cars and trucks. When do we close the deal?”

 “I’m expecting a call from Bill Ford today and he should be flying in tomorrow to sign up with us.”

“How much turnaround time do we have for our first finished products?”

“90 days”

“That’s plenty of time. Jerry ran with Barrack the black super hero. He’s buying the rights from Angel and giving us the PR contract.”

“Angel made the comic as an employee of Kinnetik. We own that not him.”

“Brian, do we need to take it from him? It’s only $700 thousand.”

 “I was just thinking out loud. Let Angel have it and give him a raise too for good work and the sign up bonus for the account.”

“I was already considering it. He’s kicking out some good shit. He and Gary are like a dream team of fresh ideas for the youth markets. They know all the latest trends.”

“Good, we’re going to need to be fabulous for Ford, Justin.”

“This will make Ted very happy; a billion dollar retainer.”

“He’s my next phone call.”

********************

“OK stop; 16 pushups is good for a beginner Mark. Soon you’ll be able to do them non-stop. Mark got off the floor panting for air. “That’s it for exercising today. I don’t want to wear you out to fast. Slowly we can increase the amount of work you do. You’re going to feel sore tomorrow morning but that’s to be expected.”

“Can I ask you a personal question John?”

“Sure”

 “Are you gay?”

“I go both ways; why do you ask?”

“Can you teach me exercises to tighten up my ass and strengthen my hip muscles?”

“Ha! Yeah Mark; there're some trade secrets I can show you. Douching with raw lemon juice mixed with water will tighten your rectum. Here’s a great exercise for strengthening your hips.”

******************** 

“Brian, Bill Ford is on line two.”

“This is Brian Kinney”

“Hello Brian, Bill Ford with Ford Motor International. My good friend Anheiser Busch III  has sold me on the idea of giving you my PR account for the next annual cycle beginning in three months. Are you interested?”

 “I sure am Bill; I know we can perform and exceed your expectations and raise your sales figures. We’re a very different kind of ad company and think outside the box for the freshest new ideas.”

“Good; I’d like to fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow and see you and discuss the possibilities.”

“I’ll free up my day for you Bill. When will you get here?”

“I’m an early bird Brian. How does ten in the morning sound?”

“Perfect Bill. Will you be staying overnight; can I put you up in our corporate suite downtown?”

 “I’ll fly back tomorrow. I’m emailing to you now the specifics for my contract and what I wish to pay for it. Mostly you’ll be handling national ads and some stuff internationally in conjunction with companies in their countries.”

 “We can do that Bill. We have our own video production team and equipment on site. I’ll be expanding that department to meet your needs.”

“Busch said you could handle it. I’m looking forward to meeting you.”

“Same here Bill, ten tomorrow.”

 “Good day Brian.” Brian hug up the phone and got on his computer. As soon as the email came in from Bill Ford, he printed it out and went to the legal department.

********************

 Hi Mark. I’m Terri, your acting coach.  My job is to make you a professional actor. First let me give you a new copy of this book Acting is Believing by Charles McGaw. It will teach you the fundamentals and some history of acting.” Mark took the book and looked at the table of contents. “I’ll be bringing you other references from time to time. The first thing to learn is to get in character before a scene. You actually try to believe you’re the character you’re performing. You try to get his emotions, facial expressions, and manners. You and the director will bring life to the character with a new voice and image. With me so far?”

“Yes Terri. I’m a fast learner.”

 “Are you a  good reader?”

 “Yes I am.”

 “Good, in acting you will be doing a lot of reading of scripts off set for practice with fellow actors to help develop the scene in advance. For our first exercise I want you to read out loud the first chapter of this book. Try to read ahead before speaking and put emotion in your  voice with the words. Don’t worry if you create the wrong emotion, the practice of reading ahead and acting with words is what’s important now.” Mark found the first page of the chapter and read the first sentence silently and began to read to her. Terri smiled; this boy was a natural; she had a good feeling about teaching him. He was so beautiful he’d be a major Hollywood hit on looks alone.

 ********************

 “A five billion dollar account? A billion dollar retainer? Brian this puts us firmly in the big leagues now. We’ll have a budget to rival the New York agencies. The clout we can have with that kind of budget in the industry will make us unstoppable. If we make Ford successful we’re going to land more major giant clients. We could locate to New York now.”

“Fuck New York Ted. They can come to me. I don’t have to pretend to be a hot shot New York agency. We landed these accounts without being in New York. Because we’re different we got Marvel, and Busch, and tomorrow Ford. If anything we expand right here in Pittsburgh. Justin will need twice the space for the video department and more equipment. He’ll need two more video labs dedicated just to Ford commercials soon and technicians to run them.”

 “Who gets the sign on bonus?”

 “Me and Justin.”

 “For investment I have an idea. I overheard today at lunch this building’s for sale.”

 “U.S. Steel wants to sell this building?”

 “They’re hurting for cash and want to sell the building and lease office space here. They may later move out to a small headquarters in Virginia.”

“What would it cost us?”

 “Let me make some inquiries and see what I can find out. Probably two hundred million down will buy it. If you land Ford we can afford it without a problem. The tax advantages will be terrific for you and Justin.”

 “Work on getting the rights to change the name to Kinnetik Tower, Ted. I don’t want a mortgage payment we can’t meet with less than 50% occupancy not counting our rent payments.”

 “I’m on it. By the end of the day I should know what we can do.”

 ********************

“Come in; I’m Mark.”

“Hello Mark, I’m master Hutu, your martial arts instructor. Please go put on this Karate gee so we can begin. I’ll help you with the belt.” Mark closed and locked the front door and took the uniform from the aged Chinese man and went to the bedroom to change. Minutes later he came out holding his belt. He led the man to the basement room set up for training now with exercise pads on the floor.

“Let me show you how to tie your belt. As you progress in the skills your belt color changes with your new levels. Watch how I tie the belt.” The man got behind him and tied his belt. Then he untied it. “Your turn Mark.” Mark took the belt and tied it perfectly on the first try. “Very good, quick learner. Now I’m going to slowly perform your first Kata, or karate dance form. You will follow every move exactly. You will mostly learn Kempo Karate from China with me. It’s the best martial art for a small person.” Then the old master got in front of his new apprentice and began the movements. Mark watched him carefully trying to follow his actions perfectly.

 ********************

 “Damn Jerry, I could get you custody of the kids with this evidence.” The attorney told the man after watching the security recordings of Jerry’s wife having sex with the pool boy who barely looked of age.

“I don’t want custody. I want to give her ten million, no alimony and $5,000 per child for support. She gets to live in the Beverly Hills mansion estate until my youngest turns 18 and goes to college then she moves out with nothing. Her name comes off the title with the settlement. If she agrees she can keep custody of the kids. Show her attorney this evidence and threaten fighting for the kids and she gets nothing in the divorce if she won’t accept my offer.  I’ll also pay for the staff at the estate and security for her and the kids. And I’ll pay for their private tuitions and medical insurance.”

“Looks like a slam dunk Jerry. She would be a fool not to accept with this evidence against her.”

“I want a nice quiet divorce; no media circus or shit.”

“They’d be crazy with this evidence to try to smear you publically.”

“I also need to change my will. I’m replacing her with a new beneficiary.”

“Who is that?”

 “Attorney confidence must be maintained Adam.”

“Of course.”

“I have a gay lover, his name is Mark Davis, and he’s 18; living with me in Malibu.”

“I’m very happy for you Jerry. Did you know I’m gay?”

“I check out everybody I work with; of course I knew about you.”

 ********************

 “Hello Brian”

“Mother Tucker, Justin and I are possibly buying the U.S. Steel Tower. We would need a buyer’s real estate agent. How would like to be the next multi-millionaire?”

“Oh my God Brian! Are you serious? That would make me the most successful agent in the city, possibly the state this year.”

“Ted’s downstairs now twisting their arm. If he comes back with it in his hands you get the deal.”

 “Brian, thank you so much. If I may ask how are you financing this?”

 “We’re landing Ford Motor Company for a client putting a billion in our account tomorrow if all goes well.”

 “Brian, I’m so proud of you and Justin and don’t know what to say. That’s fantastic.”

 “I got all choked up when I learned about it myself. I’m bringing in an extra set of underwear tomorrow in case I soil the pair I’m wearing landing that contract.”

 “Thanks for the visual. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.”

“Thanks Mother Taylor, good bye.”

********************

Debbie was in the infant room changing a diaper. Carl was playing with two children building a tower of blocks on the floor. Debbie came out  to find Gus on the floor across the room passed out with a purple face.

“GUS!!!!”