Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Jerry and Brian read the new script for the Bible based movie. It begins by telling the story of Sodom and that God decided to destroy the city before the incident with the two beautiful male angels and the angry mob. The movie would recreate the events at Lot’s house. The captions read the Bible scripture in the King James Version with explanations that the angry men attacking Lot’s house, young and old, were heterosexual and immoral. It then shows a Bible verse that tells the sins of Sodom and nowhere is homosexuality mentioned.

The overall story shows that the Bible never condemns loving same sex relationships as practiced in the 21st century. Then the Bible shows that the Jews years later decided the sin of Sodom was pederasty and male prostitution. This section of the movie ends when Jesus explains the real reason for the judgment of Sodom.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the Day of Judgment, than for that city.”  Mark: 6:11

In Ezekiel 16:49-50 God tells the sins of Sodom being: pride, fullness of bread, abundance of idleness, inhospitality (didn’t help the poor and needy), haughty, and committed abomination before me. A caption follows stating that Old Testaments prophets used the word abomination to refer to idols and idolatry.

The sin of Sodom, according to Jesus, was inhospitality to God’s messengers. Jesus could have attacked homosexuals but he did not. This was said at the time the Jewish belief was popular so Jesus denies the crime was any homosexual act but instead the failure of inhospitality to strangers; a strong rule from God during those times.

The final captions end the section of the movie on Sodom.

"An Arabic expression for homosexuals is derived from the name for the people of Lot or Lut (in Arabic); i.e., Luti. This translation began in 622 AD. This is the Muslim translation for the sin of Sodom."

“The Holy Bible mentions Sodom in the following books: Genesis, Deuteronomy, Job, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Hosea, Amos, Zephaniah, Matthew, Mark, Luke, Romans, II Peter, Jude, and Revelation. Never does the Bible mention homosexuality in all the scriptures.”

“The Bible must be read with the historical time it was written in mind, and the context of the words in those times and who it was written for.”

“One can read the Bible without considering the historical context and make it mean anything; for example the Bible was used to support the right to own slaves in early America, and later to deny the right of races to inner-marry.”

“This is good stuff.” Brian said smiling.

“We have the best research team in the industry. The movie would have to be ten hours long to answer all the arguments against gays by the hard right Christians, but we can hit the main arguments in just over 2 hours.”

Then the movie has a series of captions on the Leviticus Holiness Code (Leviticus 18:22 to 20:13) that forbids anal sex between heterosexual Jewish men and resident aliens, living in the land of Canaan. The Jewish people had a very low birth rate and God was addressing that problem. The law was not given to anyone outside of the Jews in Canaan in that period of time so they could “be fruitful and multiply.” It applied to heterosexual men substituting sex with a man over their primary choice of a woman. It   forbids homosexual cult prostitution in worship of the Canaanite fertility goddess as practiced by pagans in nearby Egypt. The precise wording is:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” This implies multiple sex partners as practiced in the cult religious practices of the pagans. This also implies the man would usually lie with a woman first; so one can deduct the Code didn’t apply to a gay male of ancient Israel. Lesbians are not mentioned at all.

God only gives the law to Jews in the Promised Land, for a fixed period of time. It applied to the time period of about 1450 B.C. to 30 A.D. when Jesus died on the cross ending the Old Testament Covenant and replaced with the New Covenant of Grace.

The Holiness Code required Jews to make animal sacrifices, come before God at the ancient Temple three times a year, not to eat shell fish (shrimp, etc.), not to eat pork, not to have sex with your sisters or aunts, and other things just mentioned for the children of Israel in that time period; it does not universally apply to all people all the time.

God states the end of the Holiness Code at the arrival of John the Baptist:

“…for all the prophets and the Law prophesied UNTIL John.” Matthew 11:13.

The final section sums up the analysis of these verses used to condemn gay people today:

“Nothing in Leviticus states or implies a prohibition of: homosexual attraction and romance, homosexual marriage, and/or homosexual practice within a same sex marriage in modern times.”

Next they began the section beginning with David killing Goliath, and then Jonathan falling in love with young David at first sight. They to the shock of the king’s court he gives the Sheppard Boy his royal garments and his sword, and in fact gives him the right to be king in his place as a gift. This would be unheard of in those times. Jonathan loves David and his father Saul sees it and insists David stays there at the palace with his oldest son who is smitten with David. This is the beginning of their love affair. The movie takes artistic license and shows the man and boy sleeping together and being very much a couple. The people loved David and this makes Saul jealous. He attempts several times to kill David or have him killed in battle making for some excellent action scenes in the movie. The story shows the angst of their separation and the reconciliation of David and Saul before the death of Saul and Jonathan in battle and the ensuing lament of David for his lost lover and the celebration of his life he ordered as his first instructions as the new king of Israel.

Bible captions tell the story with the scenes on the screen. The story is based around the focus made by scripture of the love triangle of David, Jonathan, and his sister Princess Michal, Saul’s youngest daughter. In the verses Saul speaks about David being a son in law during his affair with Jonathan before he begins his relationship with Michal. So the people may accept him as a proper future king, Saul arranges for David to marry Michal  to join his family properly and to be able to create a son to also one day be king by her.

Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the twain.” (I Sam 18:20-21) This was Saul speaking to David before he married his daughter Michal. One in the twain means for the second time as in once again now twice. Saul acknowledges the love between his oldest son and David all these years as the first time David was his son in law.

In the Bible David says he loves Jonathan over and over but not once does it mention David loving Michal. The Bible describes David as “ruddy…of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look at.” (I Sam 16:12). In short, the boy was a stone cold fox and still man enough to kill a cruel giant. Ruddy implied his rosy cheeks and red hair.  The final caption said the verse stating Jonathan’s soul knitted with David, and their souls became one and he was so in love with the boy he made a covenant with him that lasted all of his life. Throughout the Bible joining of souls describes romantic love between two people.

A great deal of the script was about the love story of Jonathan of David. It was in fact over ½ the movie in timeline. This was the most documented evidence of a gay love affair in the Bible and they wanted to drive the story home for the public to learn. Their love affair was so important to the Jewish religion and the future Christian church Jerry felt the story had to be properly covered over all other matters in the Bible. The fact that God chose to bless their love was important to tell.

The final panels on the Love Story of Jonathan and David stated:

“The ancient Hebrew clearly states the romantic love between the two men lasted until the death of Jonathan. Future interpretation of the Hebrew was twisted to make it platonic and hide the real love between them. David won the right to marry Saul’s oldest daughter but instead entered a covenant with the oldest son.”

“Some historical evidence outside of the Bible supports the existence of their love affair publically known by the people; they were rock stars of their day. Under the penalty of death others helped them to be together when Saul the king was against it.”

“In the Jonathan and David story, God has given the church a principled basis on which to accept loving gay partnerships, within the Biblical moral framework, if the church will listen to God.”

“My advisers tell me this movie will be a bomb at the theaters and make no money.” Jerry told Brian.

 “Why’s that?” Brian wondered.

“Once the word is out the theme is gays and the Bible the public will be turned off. The same thing happened to the wonderful movie Alexander the Great; once the public learned there were gay scenes in the movie it was toast and lost millions.”

“This movie will be different. The controversy over the Bible and how they use it against gays will make it popular. We’re telling our side of the story and the evidence is overwhelming. We don’t show the men doing anything but kissing in the movie and saying they love each other and support each other even over the orders of the king. An elder son gives up his crown and goes against his father for his lover. The media will be all over this story and the Christians will argue against it. That’s free publicity and others will want to see the film and make up their own minds.” Brian told him. Next they read the captions regarding eunuchs.

“Jesus exempted born un-castrated eunuchs (or homosexuals) from His teaching about Adam and Eve style heterosexual marriage in Matthew 19:11-12.”

Matthew 19:11-12 (New International Version)

 11Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.

12For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage[a]because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

“The term eunuch in history and Scripture is also a synonym for gays and lesbians.”

“Ancient Judaism, Roman law and ancient Christian preachers understood that eunuchs were also physically intact men that were not sexually attracted to women.”

“These eunuchs-gay men possessed what Gregory of Nazianzus referred to as natural chastity.”

“Gay men are mentioned in the Bible without being condemned; they were natural eunuchs.”

They the script shows a new section of scripture.

“Romans 1:26-27 (King James Version)

 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.”

“The location, context, and religious context of Romans I was in the city of Corinth, full of cult sin publically practiced with male prostitution, bestiality by women and men, all performed for the pagan gods. Paul was addressing those practices at that location; not loving gay relationships in ancient or modern times.”

“Paul also states in Roman 1 during these verses: rejecting God, making idols, worshipping idols, shrine prostitution, and being rejected by God.”

“Holy Scripture cannot mean now, what it did not mean then.”

They a narrator reads the captions on the screen.

 “The Christian preacher Aristides linked Romans 1:26 through 27 to the shrine prostitution which accompanied worship of Molech, Ashtoreth and Cybele; all pagan gods.”

“This ancient Christian viewpoint linking shrine prostitution to Romans 1 26 and 27, was current in AD 126, within 70 years of the writing of The Book of Romans in the Bible.”

“Holy Scripture cannot mean now, what it did not mean then.”

“Two ancient words, malakoi and arsenokoites, used to mean homosexuals mentioned in the Bible today actually meant different things at the time they were written.”

“Pericles, 495-429 BC, lauded the Greeks because they cultivated knowledge without malakia, softness or effeminacy. Here malakia referred to intellect, not homosexuality.”

“Plato, 427-347 BC in The Republic, has Socrates saying that too much music effeminates a warrior, causing him to be soft, feeble, and sensitive. In fact causing him to be malakoteroi; Plato expressed an ancient Greek concept that too much music made a man soft.”

“Aristotle, 384-322 BC, in Nicomachean Ethics, used malakos to describe lack of restraint and excessive enjoyment of pleasure; for going to excess.”

“In the New Testament Jesus used the word malakos as soft, luxurious, extravagant. Jesus described clothing, not homosexuality.”

 “Many modern Christians use the ancient word arsenokoites to mean God condemns homosexuals.”

 “Arsenokoites is an ancient Greek compound word: arseno-man and koite-bed/sex. This is how modern Christians determine it means man sex.”

“Compound words are not the sum of their individual parts; for example try to use that logic with butterfly, ladybug, mankind, chairman, or ladykiller. Compound words usually have a new different meaning of their individual parts. This is true in all languages.”

“We know first century Jewish thinking says arsenokoites meant mostly incest and shrine behavior including prostitution.”

“Historically speaking, that was the meaning of the word when Paul used it in scripture and they were practices of the times he was addressing to the people. It had nothing to do with loving gay relationships.”

“Holy Scripture cannot mean now, what it did not mean then.”

During the captions and dialog were scenes of shrine behavior, child sacrifices, orgies, and bestiality.

“This’ll be R rated now for sure.” Brian said smiling.

“It depends how much we show on screen. It could still be PG 13.” Jerry answered him.

The final section of the script told the story of Jesus saving the life of the Roman Centurion’s pais and beloved boy. There was information in caption of the historical and cultural context of the event involving the Greek language, the Roman law, the Roman army and the general Greek and Roman culture. Pais could mean son, boy, or lover. As a child Jesus was once called a pais.

Matthew 8:5-13

5And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

 6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

 7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

 8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

 9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

 10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

 13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

The same story is mentioned in Luke 7.

Luke 7:1-10 (King James Version)

 1Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

 2And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

 3And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

 4And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, that he was worthy for whom he should do this:

 5For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

 6Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

 7Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

 8For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

 9When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

 10And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

“The original Greek of the Scripture called the boy his beloved pais. Translation chose to call him a servant. History is clear what an unrelated pais is to an older man; he is a younger slave/lover who can be purchased during that time for that purpose.”

“Historical evidence by Aeschines, Plato, Callimanchus, and Plutarch all referred to pais as meaning lover to an older man by a younger man/boy if the two men are not related. This historical definition was popular from 390 BC to 125 AD for certain.”

“A Roman Officer Centurion could end his military career by asking Jesus publically to save the life of his beloved boy who was just his slave. A Roman officer would not do that for just a slave.”

“Men during those times bought wives and lovers from their families and sometimes they bought male slave/lovers even if they were married too. Roman officers were forbidden to marry a woman until 197 AD. ”

“Same sex sexual relationships occurred in the Roman Army during the first Century AD, in part, because of the marriage ban.”

“Many Roman soldiers had male slaves. In ancient Roman times, a boy of 14 could be married or taken by purchase. Jesus did not condemn the couple; he blessed them in public.”

The final scene shows the Roman officer and others going to his home to find his boy cooking him a meal standing up and smiling at his lover.

“Holy Scripture cannot mean now, what it did not mean then.”

The final panel dedicated the movie.

“This movie is dedicated to all Christians, gay and straight everywhere who love God, believe the Bible and joyfully serve their Savior.”

“I don’t care if the movie doesn’t make a profit; it makes a statement. It refutes all the crap the far right Christians say about God and gays. This is going to make a lot of waves in the public and a lot of controversy. “

“I feel the say way Jerry; this information has to be shared to refute all the hurt the hate of modern Christians have caused. There is no telling how many boys took their lives believing God condemned them for being gay and families who disowned their children based on God’s teachings as they believed it.” Brian said. “I’m going to let Justin read it now. The writers did an excellent job.” Brian told him.

“We start casting calls next week. The script's top secret to anyone who gets it.” Jerry added.

Chapter End Notes:

The continued drop in chapter reviews will lead me to end this story sooner rather than later. Your short review makes a difference.