Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Where’s daddy?” Roan asked her mother as they stood by the casket at the cemetery for the final service burying Hunter forever. It was clear to everyone the little girl still didn’t understand the meaning of death; or that she would never see her father again. All Tiffany could do was hug the girl and ask her to be quiet. The widow was passed tears and was well prepared for today’s services. Then each person placed a rose on the casket beginning with Tiffany and Roan. Once all the roses were placed the minister said a final prayer, and the party broke up to go to the waiting limos hired for the occasion.

Everyone gathered once again at Britin for an early dinner made by the chefs with some catering by Emmett and company. The somber day ended with a celebration of the life of Hunter and a relaxed atmosphere now dominated the group. Tiffany accepted the invitation for an extended stay in Malibu with Mark and Jerry. Arrangements were made to pack up some of their clothes and have them shipped to California, and to secure the house Hunter and Tiffany bought.

“I’m very grateful for you inviting me to come and stay with you.” Tiffany said to Mark.

“We insist; this is best for you and Roan. You shouldn’t be alone now, and I’m free to spend time with Roan. I can’t replace her father but I can do things with her like Hunter would. You’re going to like being there; the change is good for both of you.”

“I’m still getting use to the idea he’s gone; I expect Hunter to walk in the door any second.” Tiffany said.

“I know that feeling too; he was way too young to go. At least we have some comfort knowing he didn’t have time to suffer; the accident was so quick.”

“He was very excited about a second child; I know he was hoping for a boy this time.”

“What would you like to have?”

“I’ll be happy with a healthy baby; if I had a choice I’d like a boy too so I can name him after his father.”

“We’ll do our part to help you have a healthy child.” Mark told her. “Cranberry juice?”

“Yes please, thank you.” Mark poured her a glass of juice over ice and gave it to her. They then went to the living room and joined the other members of the adult group. The kids were in the media room playing a video game.

“I’ll never get over how much nicer the weather is here most of the time. The smell of the ocean breeze constantly assaults my senses day and night. It’s so wonderful.” Tiffany said enjoying her time on the beach.

“Compared to living in Pittsburgh perhaps you know now why the Kinneys love it here and moved here.” Jerry said.

“Yes they’re very happy to live here now; they can fly to Pittsburgh and visit any time they want to but they get to enjoy our lifestyle full-time now.” Mark added. Tiffany wasn’t stupid and realized they were leading up to something. It was pretty clear what it was for her to see.

“Come out and say it boys; you think I should move here?”

“As a matter of fact; yes Tiffany. You have a son here, and family that loves you and Roan deeply. We’ve all suffered this tragedy and will best get over it together. You have a new baby on the way and need to be with family now to help and support you emotionally. Jerry and I would love for you to live here. We could build a new house for you and your children on this land.” Mark told her; Tiffany listened realizing they had given this some thought before starting this conversation.

“I had hoped to wait a few days for you to visit here and get comfortable before bringing up the subject but Mark’s right; we want you to live here with us for good. We want to watch your kids grow up and be a part of that. We want you to make a fresh start here away from the snow and cold and in all due respect the things in Pittsburgh that will constantly remind you of Hunter making getting over his death harder than it has to be. I don’t mean to diminish how tragic it is; just how bad it will affect you and Roan.” Jerry stated strongly and clearly.

“And you can use our private jet or Brian and Justin’s jet anytime you want to fly back for a visit.” Mark added.

“You boys give a very convincing argument. Roan loves it here; that’s easy to see and she adores Justin, Zack, Devin and Mark.”

“She may have lost her father, but gains her brother and uncle too. And you gave a large extended family at this difficult time. You’re going to need time to grieve the lost of your husband Tiffany, as we grieve the lost of a good friend. We can best do this together.” Jerry said. “I want to build you a house next to ours on the other side; there’s more room for a new house there instead of between us and Brian and Justin’s home.”

“Is it safe to raise a child on the ocean?” She asked.

“We can make it safe, and we have security men watching the back day and night. We have to do that with movie stars living here.” A security man walked in and whispered into Jerry’s ear; they had a preliminary report on the Southern Baptist Convention board members and their organization’s finances. Jerry pulled out his phone and called Brian.

“What’s up?”

“Can you and Justin come over? We have new information on the problem.”

“Be right there.” Brian closed his phone and grabbed Justin’s hand leading him out the back door and walked over to the neighbor’s house. Soon they were in Jerry and Mark’s office with the agent ready to learn what he had.

“They have about 43,000 churches and claim 18 million members. In reality they never remove a member who is no longer active so they are probably about 2 or 3 million strong for sure. They interpret the Bible literally adding what they want to regarding homosexuality which is never mentioned in the Bible. I have active research going on right now regarding what the Bible says and what they believe on that issue and the results will be remarkable. I have some details now.” The agent told them.

“What about their financial picture?”

“All the churches send in quarterly contributions; they appear to be above board on all their financial dealings; we found no hint of wrong doing on their part.”

“What can we hit them with to counter the attack on the Rage film and the studio?”

“Their weakest condition is how they read the Bible. In reality the Bible never mentions homosexuals in Sodom. They use instructions against pagan worship of the fertility goddess in the Levitical Holiness Code as proof against homosexuals. Our research will find no less than five analogies from Scripture which validate loving gay relationships. There is proof in the Bible that Prince Jonathan and young David were in a 15 year relationship beginning when David was a beautiful boy and had just killed the giant Goliath. There’s proof that Jesus blessed two gay men in a relationship healing the younger one saving his life. There is evidence that Jesus exempted gay people from the Adam and Eve marriage paradigm. I’m told we have historical proof that Romans chapter one does not condemn gay partnerships. There is linguistic proof that the terms malakos and arsenokoites do not mean homosexual as the Baptists claim.”

“So in the Old Testament Jonathan and David were lovers?” Jerry asked.

“Yes; there are many scriptures to support that such as 1 Samuel 18:1-3. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. The only other mention of a covenant in the Bible are God and the Jews; the blood covenant between Jesus and the people on Earth, and the marriage covenant. That’s very strong words of love. Jonathan gave his throne to David, a mere slave and dedicated his life to him angering his father the king greatly. The king was very jealous of his new son in law and that is an amazing story in itself. The king tried to end David’s life. The people loved David more than the king.”

“I want all the biblical research on the love story of Jonathan and David, and the blessing of two gay men by Jesus. What was that about?”

“A Roman Centurion officer approached Jesus claiming his faith in the Lord, and asked for him to spare the life of his pais, or young male lover/slave. Jesus commended his faith and told him to go home and find his boy was now healed.” The guard read from his papers.

“We’ll make a movie about The Amazing Love Story of Jonathan and David, ending it with the blessing of Jesus for the Centurion and his boy lover.” Jerry said. "Let the Baptist boycott that!”