Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful reviewers who made this story the 2nd most reviewed on MW after Embraced; Thank You!

Michael got off the bus at the border and walked over carrying all his clothes wrapped up tight in a sheet. At the Canadian Customs office just over the border in Canada they stopped him to inspect his possessions for contraband.

"May I see some ID sir?" Michael pulled out his driver's license and handed it to the officer.

"What is your purpose for going to Canada today Mr. Novotny?"

"I’m visiting a friend in Toronto." The agent searched Michael's possessions. Then he ran Michael's ID number in his computer. INTERPOL showed him to be out on bail pending sentencing for attempted rape in Pittsburgh. Michael was restricted from leaving the state. There was a blue warrant for him outside of Pennsylvania on file. The agent called for backup and two more officers walked up.

 "Michael Novotny, you are hereby returned to U.S. Authorities for the federal crimes of BAIL JUMPING - title 18 USC 3146, and International Flight from Prosecution; title 18, USC 1073. Place your hands on your head." Michael did as he was told and the officer handcuffed him. They then walked him to the United State's Customs Office and handed him over to American law enforcement.

********************

"Brian Kinney"

 "Brian, this is Thomas Springfield. Michael Novotny was just arrested at the Canadian border for the federal crimes of bail jumping and international flight from prosecution."

 "What's he facing now Tom?"

"Both crimes are based on the original crimes. Attempted Rape has a maximum sentence of 10 years. Therefore; each federal crime will be for 10 years each in a federal pen. Usually they stack the sentences and he has to serve 85% of his federal sentences or in this case 17 years. After serving his federal time he goes to county jail in Pittsburgh for the one year sentence already agreed to. If you hire me I might get his federal sentence cut in half but that's all I can get them to do."

"I'm not wasting another dime on him. Let him go down hard."

"Very good Brian; good night."

"What was that about Brian?"

"Michael was arrested at the border to Canada. He now gets to go to federal prison for 17 years before doing his year in county."

"Michael has to be the most stupid man I've ever met. He's going to be in his 50s before he gets out now."

"The lawyer said he could reduce his federal time to 8.5 years but I say fuck him. Now he really gets to pay for all the grief he caused."

"Let me change the mood. Our wedding on March 12th, is just over 3 months; we don't need condoms on our wedding night if we test negative Brian."

"You sure know how to make me happy Sunshine."

********************

"How are your sales going Hunter?"

"I have over $7,000 in my PayPal account now. I'm withdrawing it to pay you for the car and insurance. I still got tons of comics to sell." Ben's cell phone rang.

"Hello Brian."

 "Ben, Michael took off and got arrested trying to go to Canada to live on Church Street. He's going to do 17 years federal time before coming to Pittsburgh and serving his year here now."

"I don't know anyone named Michael, Brian. Thanks for letting me know."

"You're welcome; I'm calling Debbie now."

 "Don't bother Brian, she doesn't care about him. Don't bring it up."

"OK, talk to you later."

 "Good night Brian." Ben told Hunter what the call was about.

"Michael is such an idiot Ben. What did you ever see in him?"

"I wonder about that myself Hunter. I was lonely; living with HIV, and he was fun to be with. Its history now; just you and me son."

"We're better off without him Ben. Besides; his heart was always for Brian; not you."

 ********************

"Brian, Terry just got in and wants to see you."

"Send him in Cynthia." A smiling Terry walked into Brian's office and handed him a check made out to Kinnetik for $5 million.

"I hope you washed your ass before I kiss it." Brian said smiling.

"I wave on the kiss. The contract is only for one year too. They loved my concept and campaign."

"Take the check to Ted and the contract to legal and spend your time developing your ads. Let's jump on this and get them results for their money fast.  You're now $500,000 richer and your salary is going up to $50,000 a year; very well done Terry."

"Thank you Brian; I felt good about this account. They had no idea the potential for their company to grow with until I pitched them."

"Where are you and David staying now?"

"We rented a hotel room at the Liberty Inn."

"I have a nice loft on Tremont Street. Go move into it. It's very nice."

"What do you want for it?"

 "No charge; just be there and keep it safe."

"Thanks, I was going to take this bonus and buy a townhouse or something."

"I might sell you the loft if you promise to sell it back to me later if you leave it."

"Deal; I have no doubt if it's your loft it's going to be something sweet."

 ********************

"Guys, I want you to select a comic book series you like and work up ads for each one going in tween and teenage rags.  Here's the box of comics. Tim, Gary, come to my office please." Justin said to his art department. The artists followed him into his office and Justin closed the door.

"Your assignment is top secret. Nobody can see your work on this. Here is a copy of the new Spiderman 5 movie. You will take it and create trailers and TV spots for it. Gary, I selected you for your ideas and Tim, I know you're a wiz at video production and editing. Don’t copy this DVD or let anyone else see it. It's a federal crime to do that and you could go to prison and Kinnetik can be fined millions of dollars. Lock yourselves in the video room when you work on it and bring me the clips and DVD everyday when you're done with it. Tim, if I'm not here you're responsible for locking up the video data."

"Ok Justin; how much time do we have to get the project done?"

"They gave me 4 months but I want it finished in 1 month. We're going to exceed all expectations Marvel has for our company. I want their business for a very long time."

 ********************

"Jerry, Anheuser Busch III is here to see you."

 "Send him in Martha." Jerry Griffin asked for his best friend to come see him today. Anheuser was the CEO of Budweiser and several other companies and brands of drinks with billions in sales annually.

"Jerry, how are you doing?"

"Great Busch; I have something to show you." Jerry showed Anheuser his new website for Marvel Comics.

"That's fucking incredible Jerry. Who did this?"

 "I hired a PR company based in Pittsburgh called Kinnetik. They are not like any other agency. They have the most outstanding ideas for national advertising. They increased sales for Leo Brown 67% last year. You mentioned to me wanting a new image for your company. I think you should hire them. I'm giving them all my business now. When does your present PR contract run out?"

 "In three months; I’m glad you brought them to my attention. I know one of the Brown Athletics' ads is up for a CLEO award this year. Who owns Kinnetik?"

 "Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor; they're lovers and very talented with amazing vision."

 "Do you have their card?"

 "Yes, but do me a favor and give your account to Justin. You'll be glad you did. He's the director of the art department and assistant CEO of the company. What's your advertising budget for next cycle?"

 "$500 million plus media. If they do me good work, I'll tell Bill Ford Jr. about them too."

"Is Ford Motor Company looking to change their image?"

 "Yeah, for national and international sales; Bill's PR contract runs out in six months. Why do you want me to give the account to Justin?"

 "He's someone I care for very much Busch."

 ********************

Chris Hobbs got out of his car and walked to the back door of his house. He lived alone now since his latest girlfriend left him for being abusive to her. Two men approached him.

 "Chris Hobbs?"

"That's me. What do you want?" One of the men grabbed him and the other one had a baseball bat behind him. The man swung and hit Chris up the side of his head hard. Chris fell to the ground unconscious and bleeding.

 "Revenge" The man said as they walked away.

 ******************** 

 "Brian, two detectives with the Pittsburgh Police wish to see you." Cynthia said on the intercom.

 "Send them in." Two men wearing suits walked into Brian's office.

 "Hello officers; how may I help you?"

 "Is Justin Taylor here?"

"Yes he is."

"Please bring him here for our interview." Brian went to the intercom.

"Justin, come to my office."

"I'll be right there Brian." A minute later Justin walked in.

 "We're detectives Hook and London; where were you both last night, between the hours of 8 and 10 Pm?"

"We were at home in West Virginia. What's this about officer?"

 "Was anyone else with you?"

 "My four year old son Gus, our roommate attorney Melanie Marcus and her daughter."

"Mr. Taylor, were you assaulted by Chris Hobbs back in 2001 at your prom?"

"Yes, that was me."

"And Mr. Kinney, are you in a relationship with Mr. Taylor?"

"Yes I am."

"Last night between 8 and 10, Mr. Hobbs was struck in the head by a blunt object. He's in a coma now at Pittsburgh General Hospital. You both have motive to hurt him."

 "Officer, if I wanted to hurt Hobbs I would have done it years ago. We put that horrible memory behind us. We want nothing to do with Hobbs."

"You're telling me you had nothing to do with him being attacked last night?"

"That's correct. We haven't heard anything about Hobbs for years." Brian said.

 "Would both of you be willing to take a lie detector test?" Brian looked at Justin who nodded his head.

"Will you only question us about Hobbs?"

"Yes"

"Then we'll do it with my attorney present. We had nothing to do with this and I won't let you pin this crime on us." Brian said staring at the detective. The cop had enough experience to know Brian was telling him the truth.

 "We had to check you guys out first. The prior attack on Justin Taylor established a possible strong motive."

 "I forgave Chris years ago for hurting me officer and forgot about it." Justin said.

"Thank you for your cooperation gentlemen."

"Do you want the lie detector tests?"

"You just past it; have a good day." The detectives left the office.

"Fuck Brian; I wonder who hit Hobbs?"

"I have no idea. Do we give a fuck Justin?"

The detective listened to them through the crack in the open door and smiled.

Chapter End Notes:

B & J lovemaking next chapter! Love me too with a review.