Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Brian, this is Terry, do you have a minute?” This was Terry’s fifth day on the job. He was working hard drumming up new clients. So far he signed up a Mexican restaurant chain, a black law firm and a chain of black hair salons in the state. Brian was ecstatic with him. The new guy was a real go getter.

 “Come to my office Terry.” Moments later the very attractive muscular gay man walked in.

 “I have the chance to pitch The Black Real Estate Network in Atlanta Monday afternoon. They have 285 agency offices all over the nation. I already have a concept and sent it to the art department for panels.”

“How good a prospect is it Terry?”

 “I mentioned $2.5 million for two years and they didn’t bat an eye for four national campaigns; payment up front. I’m also going to pitch all media for five.”

“Have Cynthia make your reservations. Get legal to make contracts to your specs. If you land this one I’ll kiss your ass Terry.”

“Ha! My lover wouldn’t like that but thanks for the metaphor Brian. The bonus is plenty.”

“The company record for a sign on bonus is 3.5 million.”

“Who did you land to get that?”

“I didn’t; Justin did and it was Marvel Comics.”

“No shit? He’s really young Brian.”

“Don’t let the blond twink looks fool you; he has horns holding up his halo. He’s as ruthless in business as I am.”

“I’m stunned by his art; incredible talent.”

“Did you know he’s my life partner and half owner of the company?”

 “No Brian; I didn’t. He’s really smart, talented, and very beautiful.”

 Thanks; Terry, if anyone gives you any racial shit, even a sly off color joke; I want to know about it. You’re the first black person to work here. We’re a small company and you’re the first one to walk in the door with the qualifications. You’re an important employee Terry; remember that.”

 “Thanks Brian but let me handle it. I’m very professional but my horns come out when needed. So far everyone has been very respectful and gracious. I feel no bad vibes at all and I don’t have a chip on my shoulder; however, my emotional radar’s strong.”

“If you say so. Except for Justin, Cynthia, and Ted; everybody else can get a pink slip here for fucking up. I won’t tolerate racism or prejudice of any kind.”

“Thanks Brian; but you have no problem here as far as I can see.”

 “Go to Atlanta and nail your first whale.”

 “With a live baited hook; thanks Brian.”

 “I want you to join our Sunday pasta group of gays and friends on Liberty Avenue at Debbie’s house.”

 “Red haired Debbie from the Liberty Diner?”

 “She’s the one.”

 “David and I love her. She knows me and my lover.”

 “Bring him too of course.  Get the details from Ted.”

 “Thanks Brian, we’d love to go.”

 “By the way, we fly first class.”

 “Sweet!” Terry smiled and went to talk to Cynthia.

 ********************

 “Justin, Jerry Griffin is on line five.” Justin pressed the line button and picked up the phone.

 “Hello Jerry.”

 “Justin, the board of directors went wild for the new website.”

 “You don’t need any changes?”

 “None, every page was spellbindingly perfect. How soon can we use it?”

 “Just as soon as legal can obtain the copyright for it. Two weeks?”

 “Excellent Justin. I can’t tell you how excited my people are for your work.”

 “I’m glad to hear that. What’s our next project Jerry?”

 “Full page ads for each of our major comic series; they are going in tween and teenage national rags.”

 “I’ll get my people right on it. Jerry, have you considered a black super hero comic?”

 “It never came up Justin. Do you foresee a market for one?”

 “You can be the first to corner it. Let me work a comic concept together and get back to you with it. I have a black teenage artist who’s very talented. I’d like to see what he can come up with. He would know how to create a winning set of characters. This is a side deal from your contract. If you like it we make a deal. If not, it goes in the shit can with no obligation for you at all.”

 “I’m very interested Justin; it’s a market we never went after. I wouldn’t know how to.”

 “Me neither Jerry; that’s why I delegate it to someone who can pull it off; a very talented black kid.”

 “I’m going to need a TV commercial for the Spiderman 5 movie we’re completing soon.”

 “What’s my time frame?”

 “Four months”

 “30 or 60 seconds?”

 “Both”

 “If you send me the movie for clips I’m on it.” Justin took notes as he talked with their best client. “Anything else?”

 “I don’t want to over load you. Get those done and we move to next.”

 “OK Jerry; I’ll keep you informed of our work.”

 “Thanks Justin; very good job on the website.”

 “Appreciate it Jerry, goodbye.”

 “Good day Justin” Jerry ended the call and Justin called a meeting of his art department.

 ******************** 

 Angel was working a Photo Shop project when an email popped up from Justin.

 

 Angel,

 Here is your first real assignment. This is very important; pretend the owner of Marvel Comics will look at it, and he might buy it from you for very good money. This is how our business works Angel.

 Create a black super hero character with costume and mask (no cape); add hot wheels too.

He has to be a crime fighter, not a criminal but he can infiltrate crooks and gangs to bust them up.

 Make up a hot name; one word that black kids and teens will like and identify with.

 If he can be attractive to other races of kids; all the better.

 He needs a love interest; best choose a woman who is very hot looking to the horny males.

 Think about the first comic that introduces them to the public. Write a plot.

 Include action and a love scene rated PG-13.

 Outstanding martial arts skills is very positive for our black super hero.

 He needs to be very attractive to boys and girls in looks.

 He needs super powers never done before for a comic series.

Michael can help you with ideas but this is your project only.

Let me know how it goes. I’m sending you a printer and scanner soon.

 Justin

 

 Angel read the email and loved it. The idea of a black super hero comic was wild. All his life he read comics and wished there was a black hero. All the comic heroes where white. Angel closed his eyes and concentrated. A flash of a character entered his mind. Angel grabbed his sketch pad and began to draw.

 ********************

“Melanie Marcus; who is this?”

“It’s me; Michael”

“Michael; your life is in danger. You’re not supposed to call Pittsburgh. What do you want?”

“I just needed to hear a friendly voice back home. You’re the mother of my child so I called you.”

 “Michael; everyone is done with you for what you did to Justin. Nobody wants to hear from you and it’s dangerous for you to call.”

 “How is JR?”

 “Fine”

 “How is Mom?”

 “Everyone is fine Michael.”

 “I’m so homesick Mel. I don’t know how long I can take it.”

 “Michael Novotny listen to me. You made your bed now lay in it. You have to stay in hiding or you can put your life, Angel's, and Justin’s life in danger. Do you understand Michael?”

“Yeah”

 “You’re only going to do one year and be free. Maybe after that time people will calm down but you better not mess up this deal Brian got you. You will not get a second chance Michael. This is a lawyer talking now.”

 “Yes Mel.”

 “Where is Angel?”

 “Taking a nap; he worked all night on a project for Justin.”

 “Don’t call anyone again Michael; you’re in a federal pen with no access to a phone. Understand?”

 “Yeah”

 “Don’t call anyone in Pittsburgh. Angel is the only one allowed to call here.”

 “OK”

 “Michael; I’ve never meet a more immature, pitiful man in my life. You have to grow now and face the music and follow directions to get past the shit you caused. Grow up Michael. If you call Pittsburgh again I’ll make damn sure Brian knows it. And your ass is grass and he owns the lawn mower. Got it Michael.”

 “OK”

 “Good bye” Michael closed the phone.

 “Did you get that out of your system Michael?” Angel said quietly and scaring the shit out of the whinny man.

 ********************

 “Heah Angel.”

 “Brian, Michael just called Mel. What do I do with him?”

 “Walk up to him and punch him in the nose hard.” Angel walked up to Michael and slugged him in the face real hard.

“What the fuck!” Michael’s nose started to bleed.

 “Done Brian. His nose in now bleeding.”

 “Next time he fucks up. Beat him down. Let him know I ordered it.”

 “Got it. Tell Justin I’m making progress on my assignment.”

 “Will do; thanks for calling me.”

 “That’s my job Brian.”

 “Well done. I’m keeping score for your bonus.”

 “Thanks Brian; good bye.”

 “Later Angel.” Both men closed their phones.

 “Why the fuck did you hit me?”

 “Brian ordered me too. The next time you fuck up Michael; I have standing orders to beat you down good. Don’t think for a minute I can’t do it.”

********************

 “Knock-knock”

  Carl, get the door. Who in our gang would knock on pasta day?” Carl got up and answered the door. He saw a very well dressed black man and a young Mexican twink standing there.

 “Hello, is this Debbie’s house sir?” Debbie walked up to see who it was.

 “Terry! David! Come on in boys. How did you find me?”

 “I work for Brian and Justin now; they invited me to join them today for pasta. I hope its ok.”

“I got plenty guys; he just forgot to tell me you’re coming.”  The lovers walked in and Carl took their coats. “Carl, this is Terry, and his lover David. Forgive me; I never learned your last names.

 “Terry Keller and David Rodriguez, Debbie.”

“This is my finance Carl Horvath. Come on in and get comfortable. The boys and girls should all be here soon.”

 “What kind of work do you do Terry?” Carl asked him.

 “I’m the new ad man at Kinnetik.”

 “How about you David; you look young.”

 “I’m 17 sir. I’ll be attending the junior college this semester.” Brian, Justin, Mel, Gus and JR walked in the house.”

 “Sorry Deb; I forgot to tell you I invited Terry and David over today.”

 “No problem Brian; I got plenty of food.” Brian looked at David for the first time. He was without a doubt the hottest looking Mexican twink he ever saw. He had shoulder length soft shiny black hair and bright blue eyes. Brian had never seen a Latino with blue eyes before. He had an idea to use David as a model.

 “Let me help you in the kitchen Deb.” Melanie said. The ladies went to prepare the meal. Ted, Blake, and Emmett walked in soon followed by Ben and Hunter. Not a minute later Jennifer, Tucker, and Molly arrived. Introductions were done and soon everyone was sitting down on one of two tables beginning to eat.

 “I need to make an announcement everyone.” Debbie said. “Don’t plan anything for March 12th; Carl and I are getting married.” Shouts and whistles erupted around the room.

“And Brian will make an honest bottom boy out me too; a double ceremony.” Justin said grinning. The ones who didn’t know were stunned. They everyone jumped and talked about the happy plans. Emmett talked about his theme ideas with Justin and Debbie. The men quietly listened to them counting what this was going to cost them.

 “We’re doing it at my house and it’s my nickel Carl.”

 “I can’t let you do that Brian.”

 “You can pay the preacher and bring food. The rest is on me. Justin wants more than Debbie; it’s only fair.”

 “Are you sure Brian?”

 “I insist and I asked for the double ceremony so I’m hosting it.”

 “Ok Brian; if you insist.”

“Carl, I’m going to spend a bundle; no way should you try to match it. This is for Justin and you folks get to benefit from our ceremony.”

“Ok Brian; it makes sense when you tell it like that.”

“Debbie; we got to find you a wedding gown.” Emmett said.

“I don’t want to clash with Sunshine’s dress.” That got everybody laughing. Terry and David loved the welcoming feeling of this group and felt right at home there. Debbie looked around at her new family and saw it was good.

Chapter End Notes:

Readers who review a chapter are the wind in my sails propelling me to write.