Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Hey Debbie"

“Brian; I don’t usually see you at the nursery; need your diaper changed? HA!”

“I came in to talk with you and Carl for a few minutes.”

“What’s this about Brian?” Carl wondered.

“Justin and I were having lunch with Mel and Nancy. It seems Emmett and Drew are going to take in a kid and we realized you’re the last couple without a kid at home. Being you got a new or rebuilt ticker you have years of life left to raise one. How do you feel about the idea?”

“I don’t know Brian; we’re pretty old to have a kid at home. It’s different here with the extra help and the parents coming in to spend time during their breaks with the kids.” Carl said.

“Everyone might think I’d want a gay kid but I always wanted a daughter Carl; it would be fun to have the noise of a child at home. I could cook for her and do mother and daughter things together. How the hell would I find one?”

“That’s easy; apply to be a foster parent at child welfare and family services here in the city.” Brian told her. “There’re lots of kids who need a good loving home right now.”

“Honey, if that’s what you want then you should have it. We have the room. If you get a girl in school we can be with her at the end of our day and weekends. She’ll be in school during the day.” Debbie got up and grabbed her coat. “What are doing Debbie?”

“I’m going to go apply right now; their offices are four blocks away from here and get us a girl.”

********************

“Hello Tina, this is my boyfriend Drew Boyd.” Emmett said to the director of the Gay Youth Center. “And who is this handsome lad?”

“This is Stanly Giles but he likes to be called Stan. It’s an honor to meet you Mr. Boyd. I’m a huge fan of yours.”

“Please call me Drew and thank you. Well Stan; how’s life treating you right now?”

“I’ve been lucky sir to have friends here at the center so I have places to stay for awhile.”

“Well sweetie; Drew and I want to take you home with us. We want a kid in our life and you’re the perfect one for us. Isn’t he a cutie pie Drew? With those beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair; you could stand to put on a few pounds though.”

“Stan, go get some snacks in the cafeteria while I talk with the men here for a few minutes.” Tina told the boy who got up and left the room. “He’s a good boy and made excellent grades until recently. Coming out was hard on him at school. He was caught with another boy during a recess making out under the bleachers. Then his father disowned him and threw him out of the house. He was smart enough to come here seeking shelter instead of trying to live in the streets. He’s been staying with different kids in the gay group that meets here but he needs a home and all he has is the clothes on his back.”

“I have an attorney friend working on guardianship when I have his information. Will his father sign him over to us?” Emmett asked.

“I’m sure of it; he wants nothing to do with the boy.”

“I’d like to be the one who meets his father and asked for the signature.” Drew said. “Right after I get his signature I’d ask him if I was his gay son and a football hero would he still not want me too?”

“I’d love to see the expression on his face when you do that.” Tina said smiling.

“Well here is our home information and contact numbers; I’d like to get Stan and take him shopping first thing. They we’ll get to work on guardianship and enrolled in a new private school. The one Patrick and Randy go to would be perfect for him.” Emmett said as he got up to go find Stan.

“We’ll take excellent care of him Tina; his future’s set if he’ll stay with us.” Drew told her.

“Stan is the type of child who will appreciate the help he gets; he has never been in any trouble I’m aware of and has no interest in drinking or using drugs. I wanted to take him home with me but my lover wouldn’t allow it.”

“I’m retired and Emmett has odd hours with his catering party planning service. We have loads of time to give to a kid. Do you know if Stan has been abused in any way?”

“His father beat him down for being gay; do you consider that abuse?”

“I’m really looking forward to meeting the man now.”

********************

“Hey Devin; what’s up?”

“Hi Dad; could you add money to my VISA Buxx card today? The Tudors are out on DVD and I want to buy seasons one and two online with eBay but I don’t have the balance. It’s not just for me but for the whole family.”

“That Showtime show is rated R and too much sex for a tender boy your age son; besides all that straight sex will rot your brain.”

“But it’s history Dad and really good.”

“How much do you need?”

“$60 will do it I think.”

“I’ll move money right now by giving you and advance on next week’s allowance.”

“Thanks Dad; what’s daddy Brian up to?”

“Just working to pay for our VISA cards.” Justin said smiling to himself.

“Will you be home Wednesday night?”

“Yes, this week but next week we stay over for some special work for the Calvin Klein promotion. Are you boys behaving and not giving Tray any grief?”

“We never cause trouble Dad; see you Wednesday and thanks for the money.”

“You and me will sit down and study your spending pattern later this week. You’re going through your money pretty fast.”

“You guys are like mega-rich; what do you care?”

“I’m not raising a spoiled rich brat who expects everything handed to him son. You have to learn about money so you don’t waste it.”

“Ok Dad; I get it. Thanks again and tell daddy Brian I love him for working for my VISA card.”

“Will do son; talk to you later.”

********************

“Shit Mark; what happened to you?” Jerry asked looking at his lover coming into the house with dried blood on his face.

“I missed a wave and my board flew up and hit me in the head. It’s just a surface wound; barely a scratch.” Jerry walked over and looked at it closely to find it was only a small cut.

“How does your head feel?”

“Like it got intimate with a surf board; I’m find Jerry.”

“Maybe we should have that looked at.”

“And maybe not; I don’t hurt and I’m not dizzy or anything. This happens to surfers all the time.”

“What if you got knocked out? I don’t want you in the water anymore without a body guard in there too. These waves were too big to surf in.”

“I’ve surfed the ones in Hawaii and they’re way bigger than this.”

“MGM called and raised your offer to $32 million to take the movie part. You have until next Tuesday to answer them.”

“I’ll call them now and say no. I won’t do it for $50 million.”

“I thought you liked acting Jerry.”

“I hated going on location and being away from you, and I hated memorizing the fucking lines. It’s a lot harder than people know to act in front of a camera. Not to mention I have to pretend to love a woman again; that’s enough to make me want to puke chunks.” Jerry laughed at Mark’s wording. “I don’t want to be away from our family; I don’t want to lose a year of watching Zack grow up.”

“OK forget the movie; let me clean you up and put a band aid on that cut.”

********************

“Emmett; you’re not dressing this kid like a clown; you can pick out two sets for gay outings and the rest are normal clothes for him.” Drew said rejecting a pair of orange leather pants with a canary yellow shirt.

“Thank you” Stan whispered to the tall man for saving him the embarrassment of wearing the outrageous clothes Emmett thought were perfect. “Emmett, let me pick my own outfits out if you don’t mind.” The boy went into the boy’s section of the store and looked at jeans, slacks, and decent shirts and sweaters. He came back with several combinations of clothes.

“For a kid you do have a sense about color and fashion though on the conservative side it seems.” Emmett noticed.

“Em if this is what he wants to wear then let him have it. I think he chose excellent clothes myself. I would wear what he has picked out for himself.” Drew told his lover.

“He’s going to need a laptop for school too. We should go next door and pick one out.” Emmett said changing the subject. Stan’s eyes got huge at the mention of a laptop; he had dreamed of owning a computer for years but his parents would never buy one.

“Stan, have you ever seen Drew before anywhere?” Emmett wondered if he knew the football star at all. If so he didn’t act like it at all.

“No Em I haven’t. Should I have?”

“Until this year Drew was the main quarterback for the Ironmen football team here in Pittsburgh.”

“The only sports I watched are figure skating in the Olympics. I don’t do sports much.”

“A lot of gay boys don’t care for sports; that’s no big deal.” Emmett told him. “I didn’t care about sports until I met Drewzy.” After shopping including buying a top of the line lap top with the needed software preloaded onto it; they guys headed home to what was Drew’s huge home that he kept after his divorce. The boy who grew up in utter poverty was amazed by the grand modern house and perfect lawn kept beautiful even in the early spring.

“Your room is as far as it can be from us so you don’t have to listen to us at night.” Emmett told him with a wink and smile. “Let’s get your things put away and I’ll start dinner.”

********************

Debbie got back to Kinnetik an hour before quitting time to find Carl playing with the children on the floor.

“Your back; what did you find out?”

“They would love for us to be foster parents and I applied for a set of mixed raced twin girls they don’t want to split up if possible.”

"How old are they honey?”

“They just turned 12 and they are so adorable Carl; I talked with them for an hour. You’re going to love them I just know it.”

“If they each get a room we won’t have a guest room available.”

“All my boys are grown and gone. Nobody sleeps at the house anymore.”

“When can we get the girls and what are their names?”

“Maybe in two days once the paperwork is finished and they see the house; they are Harmony and Helena.”

********************

Brian and Justin were eating out and having a conversation about a client when Brian’s cell phone rang.

“Hello; is this Tray?”

“Yes Brian; Peter and Frank were in a car accident. The police just called me as the emergency contact number in Peter’s wallet card.”

“Fuck this shit! What do you know?”

“The officer said the boys were not at fault. They were hit broad side by a drunk driver who ran a light. They’re both headed to the hospital with injuries and they were wearing their seat belts.”

“Tray, get Jerry and Mark to watch Devin and go to the hospital for us; we’ll be there as soon as we can get the jet ready. Did he say what kind of condition they’re in?”

 “Only that Peter was driving and that was the side that took the impact.”

“We’ll be there in about 5 hours but I want you at the hospital. I’ll call you later when we’re in the air.”

“Ok, don’t worry Brian.” Brian closed his phone and told Justin what happened. Justin called Jason to get the jet ready. They headed back to Kinnetik and Justin flew them to the airport in the helicopter on the roof. This day they planned to drive home after eating out in town.

“Back in LA two ambulances pulled up to the emergency room doors. Frank was conscious with cuts from the broken windshield but Peter wasn’t; he clearly had a badly broken left arm from the wreck and a head wound on the left side from hitting the door.