Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

The Learjet roared its engines and sped down the airport runway for takeoff. Inside was Michael, Angel and one of the security agents hired by Brian and Justin. Once the private jet leveled off a stewardess served drinks to everyone. Angel sipped on his beer and stared at Michael.

“Dude, I can’t believe you would cross out friends this good. Mr. Kinnetik and Taylor are really great people and rich as hell. They bought this jet for us. What were you thinking doing that to Justin Taylor?” Angel asked him.

 “I had my head up my ass; I wasn’t thinking.”

 “They could have let you go to hell where you deserve to be; instead they spent almost a million dollars saving your life, getting you off and out of jail. If I had friends like that I’d never hurt them.”

 “Well, it’s complicated Angel. I kind of got a thing for Brian and resent Justin having him. I’m fucked up.”

 “Is Mr. Kinnetik, Brian?”

“Yeah, their company is called Kinnetik. Why did you send them that letter?”

“Duh? I saved your stupid cracker life dude. You didn’t have a clue the horror facing you in prison.”

“Thanks”

“I gave Brian my word to keep you out of trouble. You better not fuck up Michael.”

“I’ve learned my lesson, but I hate to go back to jail and be a sex offender.”

 “You can do a year standing on your head. You already know what it feels like being hated as a queer. Being a sex offender’s the same thing. They just keep a close eye on you and you have to let them know where you live and what you drive. You just went from getting a life sentence dying in prison to only one year; you’re very fucking lucky Michael.”

 ********************    

 “Daddy! Jussin!” Brian picked up his son as they walked into Britin’s back door next to their garage. Mel and JR were sitting at the kitchen table having drinks.

“We’re surprised you got in so early and got the kids from Emmett.” Justin said.

 “I left early to beat the traffic.” Mel told him.

 “Have the kids ate yet?” Brian wondered.

 “I brought a chicken meal from town for all of us. We were waiting for you guys to get here. They weren’t that hungry.”

 “Let’s go wash our hands for dinner Gus.” Brian said as he kissed his son on the cheek. Justin kissed him next smiling at the beautiful boy.

 “Did you get Michael out of town?”

 “Yeah, he’s gone. It’s amazing what money can buy you these days.”

 “Don’t mention it Brian; I don’t want to know about it.” Mel told him. Brian left the room with Gus in his arms.

 “Did they put your furniture in the rooms yet? Justin asked her.

 “Yes, I met the truck this afternoon and our beds are made. Everything else is in storage.  I kept everything in the dressers for the move.  That made it easy to get set up here. How are things at work going?”

 “Terrific Mel; I signed up Marvel Comics for Kinnetik. We’re swamped with work now.”

 “Good to hear that. I already bought my office building three blocks from Liberty Avenue.”

“Do you need some help setting it up?”

“Thanks but I already got it covered. Justin, why did Brian keep my name for Gus’s middle name instead of using yours?”

“You’re his mommie Mel, and you gave us custody to Gus. He really appreciates that more than you know. He asked me what I wanted him to do and I said make his middle name stay Marcus. We both decided it.”

“I’m honored Justin.”

 “Let’s get dinner ready; did you get some grilled chicken for Brian?”

 “I remembered to. Brian’s no carbs after seven is very well known.”

 ********************

 “Well Mr. Horvath, we’re past the stage of concern with post surgery infection being a problem. I’m releasing you to go home tonight. No working for four weeks until your surgery heals completely.”

 “Thanks Doc; I need that in writing for work to pay me.”

 “You’re very lucky that bullet missed your liver; it could have killed you in a minute or two.”

 “I know; I remember it happening to other officers.” Detective Ruth walked into the room with Carl and Debbie, as the doctor walked out.

 “Heah Ruthie; what’s cooking?”

 “My husband’s a guard at the county jail. Michael made bail and got out today.”

 “He fucking what?” Debbie asked raising her voice.

 “He cut a deal with the DA and plea bargained his case down to Attempted Rape; they reduced his bail and a high powered attorney posted it. He got out at five today.”

 “I got to find out what happened.” Debbie took out her cell phone and called Brian.

 “Hello Debbie”

 “This looks like the hand of the master; why did you get Michael out of jail?”

 “News sure travels fast in this town. That has to be a big secret Deb. The public has to think he’s in a federal holding tank now. Sap put a contract on his life. Michael was going to be killed in prison. Justin and I decided to stop it. Michael isn’t in town; I hid him in another city still in this state until we can remove the threat to Michael and Justin.”

 “He threatened Justin too?’

 “Thanks to Michael, Justin’s been implicated in this fucking mess. I’m on top of it Deb.”

 “What happens to Michael now Brian?”

“Later on when it’s safe; Michal will plead guilty to attempted rape and serve a complete year in the Pittsburgh county jail. When he gets out he’ll be a registered sex offender for life. All the other charges are dropped.”

 “Wow, I bet that wasn’t cheap to pull off.”

 “No comment Deb. Don’t talk about it either; this is serious shit. If anybody ask you; Michael’s in a federal prison now. Justin’s life could be in danger If the truth got out.”

 “Thank you Brian; I thought I lost him.”

 “No problem but I did it for Justin; shit was getting thick with Michael in jail running his mouth.”

“Brian; I still disown him as my son.”

“I understand maw; don’t worry about him though. I took care of everything.”

“You usually do. Carl’s going home tonight. The doctor just released him.”

 “Great; tell him hello from us. Does he get to keep his dick?”

 “For now.” Debbie laughed hard.

******************** 

“Angel, Brian wanted me to give you this.” The security man gave Angel a cell phone, charger, and a credit card. “Buy clothes for both of you and use the card in an emergency. This is Brian’s numbers and he wants you to call him from time to time with an update. If you do a good job Brian will probably help you later on. This apartment’s in the gay section of town. You have to keep Michael out of the black section where he might be noticed by friends of Big Ed.”

 “Can do; this pad’s really nice.” Angel looked around the furnished apartment with a swimming pool outside. It was too bad the weather was cold.

 “If Michael fucks up call Brian at once for instructions.”

 “OK” 

 ********************

 “Come in boys; lunch is almost ready. How are you Gus?” Jennifer ask the handsome dark haired boy that looked so much like Brian.

 “Fine”

 “Sorry we couldn’t make it last weekend Mom; it was a bad day for us to get free.”

 “I understand; so many things are going on right now. I’m just glad you’re here now.  Help yourself to the bar; there’s time for a drink before we eat.” Brian went and got two beers for himself and Justin.  Gus and Brian went and watched TV with Molly in the living room. Justin followed his Mom into the kitchen.

 “Mom, when we were at Craig’s store, we were the only customers there on what should have been a busy afternoon.”

“Nobody’s buying high ticket items now in the recession. He admitted to me he might have to close the store. Your purchase bought him about of month of time to stay open. He’s four months behind in his child support payments for your sister.”

 “Do you need money Mom?”

 “Thank you for offering but I’m doing fine Justin. I was putting his payments in Molly’s college fund anyway.”

 “That really sucks. He worked so hard for that store to lose it. Maybe I could help him with some advertising.”

 “Why did you buy there? After the way he treated you and Brian over the years I was surprised.”

 “He has the best equipment and technicians in the city. We wanted to get the media room set up and not delay it going out of town.”

 “Oh; why would you help him save his store? I say let the asshole go down.”

 “A dozen good people we know depend on their jobs there. He just needs a little help past the recession. His advertising is shit and I can do way better.”

 “He won’t be able to pay you Justin; he doesn’t have the money to pay for the ads.”

 “I’ll do it pro bono. Does he have a mortgage on the store?”

“A month ago he told me he’s mortgaged up to his eyeballs. The payments are killing him now since sales are dismal.”

“Who has the note?”

 “Probably Commerce Bank, Justin. That’s were his business account is.”

 “I might buy his note and give him a year payment and interest free to help him get by.”

 “Justin, that’s $650,000 son.”

 “The property has to be worth twice that or more. I don’t see any risk Mom.”

 “What will Brian think of you doing that?” Justin grinned.

“Who do think will own Craig’s note?”

 ******************** 

 “Angel, let’s get a bite to eat.” Michael said to his keeper.

 “Ok, then we buy food for the house; we got to make this money last Michael.”

“Don’t worry about it; Brian will give me more if I call him.”

“First of all, don’t touch my fucking phone. Second, I ain’t fucking Brian and Justin over like that. We will make it with the money he gave us. Brian put me in charge and I’m going to do a great job. You get a small allowance each week and when you spend it that’s it Michael.”

 “I’m older and Brian’s best friend. He’s just mad at me now but that’ll pass. I should control the money.”

 “He gave it to me, not you. And he means it you’re not his friend anymore. I see how much he loves Taylor. Your fucking lucky he doesn’t kill you himself.”

 “We’ve been best friends since we were 14 Angel.”

 “Well, you fucked that up good. He didn’t get you out to help you; he did it for Justin and so you can’t run your whinny mouth and get Justin hurt. Big Ed kills people for fun. You don’t know how close you almost got Taylor wacked. There’s a McDonalds three blocks away. Let’s go eat and the grocery store is on the way back.”

 “OK”

 ********************

 Lindsay’s father, Charles Peterson took a late flight to Canada to meet with the DA who has her case there. The DA came to Mr. Peterson’s hotel room near the airport.

“Did you have a good flight Charles?’

 “Very pleasant, thank you.”

 “Did you have any trouble transferring your funds to Canada?”

“Not at all; I’ve already withdrawn the money in cash.” Charles went to the other bed in the double bedded room and opened two suit cases full of Canadian money bundles. “It’s all here; $750,000 Canadian. What happens to Lindsay now?”

 “I will not challenge your attorney’s motion to declare Lindsay incompetent to stand trial and accept the declaration she’s not responsible for her crimes due to mental illness provided she pleads guilty to immoral acts with a child and becomes a sex offender but she gets no jail time. Lindsay will be ordered to have no contact with her son forever. She will remain in the private mental health hospital you’re paying for, at least for six months before being declared safe for society and released on probation for four years. She has to live in Canada during that time.”

 “My family and I are very grateful for your assistance in this horrible matter sir.”

 “I understand; the publicity of such a crime can be very damning to a good family like yours. Well, if you don’t have any more questions, I’ll be on my way.” The DA shook Mr. Peterson’s hand, closed the suit  cases and picked them up and Charles let him out of the room smiling. His daughter would be free very soon. Money doesn’t talk; it screams.

 ********************

 “Do you want me to read you a story Gus?” Brian asked his son now in bed ready for the night.

 “Yes Daddy, please?”

 “I like this one; The Cat in the Hat.” Brian opened the book and began to read to Gus. Justin was outside the door listening to them and watching his lover be a father. He was recording the moment in his memory for a future painting. Within minutes the little boy closed his eyes and went to sleep. Brian realized he was down and closed the book and kissed his son on the cheek; Brian pulled up the duvet covering Gus for the night. He turned out the light and walked out of Gus’s room to find Justin standing there smiling at him.

 “Will you read me a story tonight sugar daddy?” Justin asked with his sunshine smile.

 “I’ll fuck you tonight worthy of someone making a movie about us someday.”

 “I forgot to tell you, Jerry sent me the contract for the movie rights today via email. I gave it to legal to look it over. We have to provide our story in writing within 30 days after signing the contract. Once we provide the story we get paid.”

“Will you write it? I don’t have time and some of it I don’t want to remember, like the prom.”

 “I got it covered Brian. I’ve already started it. Let’s go have a drink; I want to talk to you about Craig.” They went downstairs and Brian made Justin a double Cosmo and a double scotch for himself. They went to the living room were a fire was raging in the fireplace.

 “What about your father Justin?”

 “Mom told me he’s about to lose his store due to the recession. Our purchase bought him a month more time to stay open. He has no advertising and I want to help him with pro bono PR work. I also want you to buy and own his mortgage for the store. The note is less than half what the property’s worth. I want you to give him a year payment and interest free.”

 “You can be the nicest devil of a twat I’ve ever seen. Craig will shit on himself when he finds out I own him. This is fucking brilliant Sunshine; I can’t think of a better way to get back at your father for how he treated us over the years than to own him. I’ll do it but the interest compounds for the year. He can have a year free of payments. Do you know if he’s behind in his payments?”

 “He probably is but I’m not sure. Commerce Bank probably has the note.”

 “Ted can find out Monday who has it and if he’s in default. I can buy it for a discount if his payment record is fucked up. I also want a lien on his inventory too should he go under anyway.”

 “OK, I want his employees to keep their jobs Brian. I could care less about my father.”

 “I understand Justin; you always did have a soft heart for the other guy.”

 “I know most of them and their families. I want us to do this for them.”

 “I’ll get Mel right on it. Craig has to accept the vendor’s lien or I’ll buy the note and foreclose on him. If we take the store we’ll keep everyone working but your father.”

 “Thank you Brian; do you want to seal the deal with a fuck?”

 “Don’t we always Sunshine?” Brian kissed his blond lover and began to unbutton his shirt. The white bear skin rug in front of the fire was about to get a workout.

Chapter End Notes:

Your chapter reviews are very important to me. They inspire and motivate me to write for you. Thank you.