Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin paced the room for the fifth time.   Having been confined to such a small space for so long, he was going stir crazy.  Weighing all his options, he determined that he needed to escape.  He was well aware that without him, Stockwell would lose his leverage.  

Justin also knew one other thing to be true.  In order for him to have any chance of outwitting his kidnappers, it had to be when Brian was not around.  Therefore, he spent the remainder of the day devising a plan. 

The perfect opportunity to put his plan in motion arrived the very next morning.  The men who were guarding him were talking about Brian.  It seemed that the brunet was going to be in town for most of the day.  Just to make sure, Justin watched anxiously as Brian mounted his ride and left. 

Around lunch time, only one guard remained by his door.  The rest of the men were eating and being exceptionally boisterous downstairs in the dining room.  Justin supposed that they were taking some liberties since Brian wasn't present to keep them in line.  Whatever the case, he was thankful that they were occupied.   

First, Justin prepared the bed, stuffing the pillows underneath the blankets.  Once he was done with that, he began to groan loud enough for the man behind the door to hear him.  Sure enough, a few seconds later, the man complained, "What's wrong with you, kid?"  

Justin didn't answer and instead continued to make noises as if he were in pain.  The guard foolishly came into the room to investigate.  Spotting a form lying in the bed with the covers drawn, he ventured further into the room.  The devious blond caught him by surprise when he snuck out from behind the door and hit him over the head with a basin, not once, but twice.   

Realizing that he had to move fast before the man woke up, Justin appropriated the man's gun and tiptoed down the steps.  His youthful agility had him out the door in no time.   

Since Justin had taken into account what Brian had said about the surrounding area, he figured that it would be necessary to steal a horse.  Therefore, he carefully made his way to where the horses were tied up.      Justin quickly untied all of the horses.  He held onto a horse and mounted it in one swoop.  Then, he started shouting and shooing the other animals away.  They began to disperse in different directions.  Amidst the commotion, Justin took off in a gallop just as the kidnappers were making their way out the door.   

One of the men raised his gun to shoot, but Tom put his hand out and stopped him.   

"He ain't no good to us dead."  

"Then what are we gonna do?  He's getting away."  

"Quick!  Let's go after the horses."  

The four men took off to retrieve their horses.  It was while they were busy with their goal, that Brian returned.  He saw one of his men holding the reins of a horse that was kicking and trying to break free.  He spotted his cousin trying to corral another horse back towards the ranch.
 

"Fuck.  I leave for a little while and look what happens," he groused aloud.  

He rode up to the closest idiot.  

"Don't tell me.  The kid escaped."  

The man nodded and had the good sense to appear ashamed.  Brian was livid. 

"There were four of you and one of him.  I don't fucking believe this.  You're all pathetic!"  

Brian wiped the sweat from his forehead.  

"Which way did he go?"  

The man pointed to the west.  Brian ordered him to gather everyone with a horse so they could conduct a search for the kid.  Then the incensed brunet took off on his mission. 

Focusing on the dilemma at hand, he was mindful that he secretly held an advantage over Justin.  Brian was an excellent tracker, having spent years honing his skill.  He also knew exactly where they were and that not much time had elapsed since Justin's escape.  This meant he was not that far behind the resourceful young man.      

 

Justin's lips were parched and he had no idea where he was.  When he spotted a small stream, he decided to stop and rest a minute.  He was confident that it would take the kidnappers a while to regroup their horses and come after him, so he felt relatively safe.  

A short while later, he mounted his ride and was on his way.  Justin had ridden bareback before so although it was a little uncomfortable, he was fine.  He had no idea, however, that Brian Kinney was hot on his trail and catching up to him.   

Justin was enjoying the rhythm of a slow paced gallop.  The warmth of the sun was beating down on him and the breeze on his face felt good.  He was keeping a watchful eye out for any sign of an inhabited town, when he heard something behind him.  Justin glanced over his shoulder and went into a full fledged panick.  

Brian had his horse in a fast gallop and was gaining ground on him.  Justin dug his heels in and smacked his mare's rump.  It picked up speed and was pulling away from the older man.  Justin was hopeful, when all of a sudden his horse got spooked by something.  It bucked up on its hind legs and was neighing frantically.  It bucked once more.  This time the force threw Justin to the ground.   

Justin hit the dirt hard.  He was stunned for a moment, but quickly got to his feet and made a snap decision to run towards a nearby mountain.  Maybe he could lose Brian.   

He was starting up an incline when he suddenly felt a rope ensnare him.  Shit!  

 

Brian had observed the young man falling off his horse.  But Justin had recovered within a few seconds and was obviously making a run for it.  The brunet got his rope and cast it, hoping to lasso the young man before he advanced any further.  He was successful on his first try, causing Justin to fall clumsily to the ground.  

Justin was cursing and struggling against the rope, when Brian calmly walked over to him.   

"You're beginning to be a pain in the ass," the older man quipped as he pulled the rope harder so that it tightened.   

"Fuck you!" Justin shouted as he squirmed.  

"You really have to expand your vocabulary, kid.  Now what do I have to do to make you behave like a good boy?"  

Brian loomed over Justin with a sly grin.  He was reveling in the power he had over the young man at the moment.  Then Brian bent down and pushed Justin over onto his stomach.  He strategically positioned himself, sitting on Justin's back with his legs encasing the blond's on either side, so he couldn't move.   

Justin felt completely vulnerable and befuddled.  Brian was holding him down, using the weight of his own body and it was oddly turning him on.  Through the material of his pants, his cock was rubbing into the soil, contributing to his developing an embarrassing hard on.   

Damn!  'Why did this particular depraved cowboy have the unsettling ability to make him feel this way?'