Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Oh my God! We’ll be right there Gus. Hang in there.” Justin hung up. “Brian, Jon Ayden was hit by a car just now on his skateboard and is headed to the hospital. Gus says it’s bad.” They raced out of the house and turned into cats. Using vampire jaguar speed they arrived at the hospital just as the ambulance was pulling up. Gus wasn’t there yet.       

“He’s my grandson; what’s wrong with him?” Justin yelled at the paramedics.     

“Too much to tell you. We got to get him inside now!” The men raced to unload the gurney and wheeled him into the emergency room. Dr. Cullen was called in and waiting for the patent. When he realized it was Justin’s grandson he was most troubled. He quickly did an assessment.       

“Get a blood type and start two IVs high flow whole blood.” Next he did a mental exam, checking for reaction to pain and pupil status. “He doesn’t appear to have a serious head injury yet. We got multiple broken bones, internal bleeding, and possible organ damage. I want a rapid CAT scan. But get the blood to him too.” The team striped Jon of his clothes and started the IVs. The blood type came back A+. They loaded two bags on him feeding each arm high flow with saline mixed. For good measure they continued high flow oxygen. Then they took him to the CAT scan room. Dr. Cullen came out to talk to the family.      

“How is he Carlisle?” Justin asked as the doctor approached them.      

“I’ll know more after the CAT scan. He has multiple broken bones, internal bleeding, and possible organ damage. He doesn’t appear to have a head wound since he was wearing a helmet. I felt he’s stable enough to do the testing here rather than risk him in a helicopter to Atlanta.”      

“Is he in any danger of dying Carlisle?” Brian asked.      

“That depends on the internal injuries and if we can perform an emergency operation to stop any bleeding. It also depends if key organs or severely damaged Brian. I’ll know more in about ten minutes.”      

“We have to be prepared. Can you wake him enough to turn him if we have to and save his life?”       

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. However, sense he doesn’t appear to have a head injury that is serious it’s possible. There would be complications with internal bleeding and a turning. I’d have to drain him partially by syringes too and get the excess blood out of his body cavity.”      

“We have to be ready for anything Carlisle. I won’t lose my son.” Gus told him.      

“Let me go read the CAT scan and get back to you.” Dr. Cullen then left the room. Justin followed him with his mind’s eye. “It’s ok to watch me Justin.” That shocked Justin; no one had ever noticed his mind’s eye before until now. Dr. Cullen walked into the CAT scan room and was looking at the data he had. The scan was halfway done now. He pointed at the display for Justin’s to understand him. “Here I see his spine is severed. He’ll be paralyzed from the waist down. He has six broken ribs, and bruised lungs. Here comes the abdomen data now. His spleen is swollen but that’s not a bad sign. It’s just trauma but no blood loss. There is some bleeding from his liver but it’s slow. The head scan showed no injury. He has a fractured left arm. Nurse, mildly sedate him. Jon is starting to be conscious. I need his still to finish the scan.” The CAT scan technician was curious who the doctor was talking to but didn’t say anything. There is a clean break in his left upper femur bone. It has some blood loss but not severe. That seems to be the extent of his injuries. I’ll come out now and talk with you.” Dr. Cullen left the room and went to the Emergency room waiting area.      

“The worse of it is his spine is severed and he’ll be paralyzed from the waist down. There is internal bleeding needing surgery to stop it. He has six broken ribs, bruised lungs, a swollen spleen and some bleeding from his liver. His left leg his broken but not that bad.”      

“Will turning him heal his spine?” Gus asked.      

“Yes it will. It would heal all his injuries. The sooner after the injury the better for him.”

“Dad, he would rather be a vampire than paralyzed for life. He was too active a boy to live with that. I guess that’s the end of any grandkids for me.”     

“I can extract semen before you turn him if that’s any consolidation. How old is Jon?”      

“He’s going to be sixteen next week.” Gus said.      

“Have you talked to Dracula yet?”      

“I’ll handle it.” Justin said.      

“Dracula; we need you at the hospital emergency room waiting area.”      

“I’ll be right there Justin.” Moments later Dracula walked through the doors.       

“My grandson Jon was hit by a car and is paralyzed from the waist down. He has some broken bones and internal bleeding. He’s almost sixteen. He wouldn’t want a life in a wheelchair. We want to turn him.”      

“Do you believe he’s mature enough to handle it?”     

“I do.” Gus said.      

“Me too.” Brian and Justin added together.      

“You have my approval. Quality of life is a valid reason for someone this young. I’m so sorry this happened to your family.”     

“Shit happens Count. Carlisle, how do we proceed now?” Justin asked.       

“I’ll put him in a private room here in ER. I’ll perform the harvest I mentioned. Then I’ll deaden him for pain and give him an adrenaline injection to wake him up. Once he’s conscious we can tell him what happened and what you want to do. How do you think he’ll react?”       

“Between the choice of being a vampire like his dad or a life in a wheel chair; he’ll want the fangs.” Gus said.      

“Is this your decision?”       

“He’s my son and it is my decision Doctor.”       

“I’ll get him ready and send for you. Justin, we’ll need feeders soon. Brian will you perform the turning?”      

“Yes; like father like son I suppose.”      

“Where is Sally right now? She should be in on this decision.”      

“She drove to Atlanta to shop and forgot her cell phone. She’ll agree with this decision too.”      

“Very well. I better get started then.” Dr. Cullen left the family to do his work. Justin pulled out his phone and called the campus and ordered eight boys to come to the hospital to feed a new vampire. Twenty minutes later they arrived. Gus’s cell phone ranged.     

“I forgot my damn cell phone honey. I’m headed home now.”       

“Sally, Jon was in an accident. He was skateboarding and got hit by a car. He has internal injuries but the worse of it is he’ll be paralyzed from the waist down. I thought about it and I don’t think he would want that life. I’ve decided to let Brian turn him. Dr. Cullen will assist us.”     

“Oh God by son! Is it safe to do it Gus?”      

“He had his helmet on and he didn’t hurt his head. We can wake him up and perform the procedure. I’ll make sure this is what Jon wants before we do it.”     

“I’ll be there as soon as I can.”      

“Don’t speed honey. He’s stable now and not in danger. We’re doing this instead of surgery and setting bones. The spine is broken so I feel turning him is our best option.”      

“I understand. I’ll drive carefully. I love you Gus.”      

“I love you too Sally. See you soon. Don’t speed; everything will be ok.”      

 “I’ll be careful. Later.” Sally closed her phone as tears began to pour down her cheeks. She had to pull over to compose herself well enough to drive.      

“I have him ready now. All that remains is to wake him up.” Carlisle told them.      

“Let’s do this.” Gus said. Justin instructed the boys to wait in the waiting area. They entered the private ER room to see Jon on the bed. Dr. Cullen gave the injection and moments later Jon opened his eyes.

“Dad? I’m in the hospital?  I can’t feel my legs Dad.”      

“Jon you got hit by a car. You got some broken bones but you also got a broken spine. That’s why you don’t feel your legs. They won’t work anymore as a human son.”      

“You mean I’m paralyzed now?”      

“Yes you are; but we have an option. We can turn you and it will repair your injuries including your spine.”      

“That’s a no brainer Dad. I don’t want to be sexless and crippled. Turn me.”     

“Granddad Brian will perform the procedure for you like he did it for me. You won’t feel any pain. You understand what it will mean to be a vampire?”      

“I’ve grown up around vampires Dad. I thought it was cool when you did it. I’m fine with the idea. It’s a hell of a lot better than a motorized chair for the rest of my life and no sex.”      

“Ok son. Daddy Brian will take it from here.” Brian explained to his grandchild the procedure. He said the Latin and bit his neck and drained his blood. Then he fed him his vampire blood. Jon felt no pain in the procedure and soon fell asleep. Dr. Cullen drew blood from his abdomen area. You could hear the boy’s bones mending has he turned into a vampire. When Jon woke up Justin was the first human to feed him. The boy was very thirsty and drew over three pints. Justin didn’t complain but Brian warned him the other boys couldn’t give that much and he had to stop at two pints each. Soon Jon drank from all eight boys. He got out of bed and walked out of the hospital on his on two legs. They decided to stay at Brian and Justin’s house for a few days. Sally arrived and joined them.      

“Mom, Dad; there’s something I was going to tell you so I’ll do it now. I’m gay.” Jon said quietly. Justin grinned and looked at Brian’s shocked face.     

“You knew?”      

“Uh huh”      

“And when were you planning to tell me?”      

“That’s his job to say when he wanted you to know; not mine.”      

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Sally asked her son.      

“Several maybe.” Justin busted out laughing.      

“Welcome to the club kid. You and Brian have so much in common.” Justin said.        

“This started out a tragic day but ended on a really sweet note. I’m happy if you're happy son.”  Gus said. “If you can find someone to love you as good as Brian did you’ll be a very lucky man.”      

“I couldn’t agree more.” Brian said smiling.      

“That’s the other reason I didn’t want to be in no wheelchair. I’m too cute and too sexual for that life. It would have killed me. Now I can be a powerful vampire lover and have somebody really sweet to embrace with. I’ll always be young now. Both of us will be young forever.”      

“The advantages of being a gay vampire are too many to tell you in one evening.” Justin said grinning. “What a trip this day has been.”      

“Were damn lucky you were wearing your helmet Jon. If you had a head injury we couldn’t turn you.” Gus said.      

“I almost didn’t wear it and then I thought of Mom hollering at me to put it on.”      

“It pays to listen to your mother huh?” Justin said grinning.     

“So, he and I have a lot in common?” Brian asked.      

“We should talk later Bri. Jon, are you thirsty?” Justin had to change the subject fast.      

“I’m good Granddad. Thanks for offering. Your blood’s fantastic.”      

“Well I was thinking of the houseboys actually. We don’t want you to get spoiled to my blood.”      

“Ok, if you say so. I don’t know enough to understand it all yet.”      

“That’s to be expected on your first night a vampire. I wondered if your body needs more blood to help it heal properly.”      

“I don’t feel anything out of sorts. I feel like I could pick up this house.”      

“I’ll have to let you play with my gym set and see what you can handle.”      

“Sure; anytime.”      

“I’m going to go check on dinner. Be right back guys.” Justin got up and headed to the kitchen.

“Go keep Justin company for me Jon.” Brian requested his grandson. Jon left the room. “You parents have had a hard day. Why don’t you leave Jon to me and Justin and have a few days of adult time without the kid at home.”      

“That’s not a bad idea; what do you think honey?”      

“I’d hate to impose Brian.”     

“I’m offering. We love having Jon around. We have gay vampire things to talk about too. Such times are rare; enjoy your selves.”       

“We should say good night to him then.” Sally commented.      

“I’ll go fetch him for you.” Brian went to the kitchen.      

“Jon, go say good night to your rents. You’re staying a few days with us.”       

“Cool Granddad Brian.” Jon went to the living room to see his parents. Brian walked up to Justin and whispered in his ear.      

“A new vampire shouldn’t spend his first days alone. Take Jon to the campus and pick up his best friend to stay with him for a couple of days.”      

“That’s a great idea Brian. I was concerned how he might adjust to the change.”      

“He’ll be fine especially if he has a friend with him to pass the time with. He needs to listen to a beating heart in the night. Trust me on this.” Jon returned to the kitchen area.      

“Do you have someone on campus we can go pick up for you, to stay here a couple days to keep you company?”      

“I sure do; he’d love to come over. We’re pretty tight.”     

“Let’s go get him. Does he have a cell phone; call him.” Jon pulled out his phone and called his friend.      

“He’ll be ready when we get there. What about his classes on Monday?”      

“He can miss a day or two. I’ll make up some excuse for him.” Justin grabbed his car keys and they headed out of the back door to the garage to drive to the campus.      

“Justin, this is Rio, this is my grandfather Rio.”      

“Wow, he looks like a teenager and I swear I’ve seen him before.”      

“I look young because I’m embraced to a vampire from the age of 17 and I don’t age anymore. I might look familiar because I’m Sunshine and this is my school and campus.”      

“Yeah, you performed for us. I was way back in the auditorium so I didn’t get a good look at you.  Please to meet you Sunshine.”      

“Just call me Justin; in fact Jon, you should start calling us Brian and Justin now. You’re older and with the changes it would be more appropriate to do it now.”     

 “Rio, I got hit by a car today and was paralyzed from the waist down. They turned me into a vampire to fix me.”      

“That’ fantastic! A hot looking teenage vampire; you guys are like really rare. Do you know how many gay guys in Kinneyville would want to date a teenage vampire?”       

“They can get in line and hope; I’m not interested in them.” Jon grabbed Rio’s hand. He didn’t react to the cold. He was expecting it. Justin read their minds and realized they had been boyfriends for over 3 months now. Rio had slept over with Jon on several occasions.

“Jon, I know you two are close. Remember to be careful and don’t embrace with Rio now. You could later but you have more to learn about control first. You don’t want to accidentally hurt him. If you want to feed from Rio, get Brian to be with you when you do at first.”      

“I will Justin. What happened to the woman who hit me?”     

“She wasn’t charged for it. I had Diamond call her and let her know you were ok but we had to turn you but nobody’s upset about it. You darted in front of her car so she wasn’t at fault. It just happened.”       

“I remember her crying over me before I passed out in the street. It’s the last thing I remember then waking up in the hospital with all of you around me. I’m really glad you turned me. I’m just old enough to enjoy it at this age forever. You’re right, we are in love and I would like to embrace with Rio.” Justin noticed Rio was not a masculine boy but he was very beautiful for a person of mixed heritage both white and Hispanic.  His dark features were accented by bright blue eyes and lighter long hair.      

“How old are you Rio?”      

“I’m the same age as Jon is next week, sixteen. I had a birthday two months ago.”      

“You look younger for your age.”      

“Both my mom and dad are short; I probably won’t get any taller than I am now.” Justin pulled into the villa’s estate and parked in the garage. They entered the house through the kitchen door.      

“Rio, are you hungry?’       

“I’ve already eaten Justin; thank you. I was thinking we could turn in early.”      

“By all means; Jon, use the guest room on the third floor; it’s more private.”      

“Ok, thanks and see you tomorrow.” Jon led Rio out of the kitchen to the staircase. Soon they were in their room getting ready for bed. Justin joined Brian in the living room and talked him into a drink.       

“What did you mean about needing to hear a human heart beat Brian?”      

“Next to making love with you what I enjoy most is just listening to your heart beating. Jon won’t miss being human near as much if he has a human close to him at this time. I’d let them stay together at least three days for him to adjust well to his new life. The warmth and sound of his friend will comfort him in ways a family couldn’t do for him.”      

“He’s in love with his friend and wants to embrace him.”     

“The boy is your ward and he’s of age to embrace if he’s 16. Do you agree with then doing it?”      

“I see no reason to be against it. I don’t think Gus and Sally would be comfortable with them living together in their home though.”      

“Within a week he could be in good control of his vampire desires to embrace safely. We have to discuss this with Gus and Sally. I’m not opposed to them living here if you like.”      

“It would be a better life than putting them together on campus Brian. This way we could keep a close eye on Jon; we already have vampire parenting skills from raising Diamond.”       

“Jon’s much more of an adult than Diamond was. I don’t see it being any trouble. We’re more accepting of a gay embracement in our home than Gus and Sally would be. What are they doing right now?” Justin used his mind to look in on them.      

“Rio’s wrapped in a blanket to protect him from Jon’s cold body; Jon’s holding him listening to his beating heart and smiling.”      

“That’s what I expected them to do. I can’t explain how beautiful the beating heart of your lover sounds to a vampire. It’s very special.”      

“Well, let me finish this Cosmo and we can go lay down and you can listen to me.”