Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is dedicated to the fabulous myhazel_eyes as my 700th reviewer.

The pool party was in full swing as 67 kids mostly around the same ages as the hosts of the party: Justin Dublin, Melody Gay, Jon Ayden, and Victor Maloney. It was Jon’s birthday but they decided to have a group party with most of the kids in school at the same ages as the Kinney/Maloney households. The old folks, mainly Brian, Justin, Gus, Lee, James, Sally, Helen, and Daphne who were all looking quite young themselves were in the background enjoying the party and watching the teenagers try to drown each other in one fashion or another. The pool party was the last happy event the Kinney family had before trouble happened.      

Out of nowhere and quite suddenly vampires all over the world got sick at the same time. They had like a never ending flu like condition being very weak, elevated temperatures, and having a hard time drinking blood they needed to stay up and running at peak performance. A group of embraced scientists went to work trying to figure out what was wrong with the vampires. After a month of exhaustive research they discovered that humans who were donors had developed a virus strain that did not affect the humans but did affect the vampires who fed from them. Never in the history of vampires has there ever been a medical condition making them sick until now. Kinneyville was no exception to this problem as nearly every vampire became ill with two exceptions: Brian and Debbie. That baffled the doctors to no end and they studied the blood and body fluids of both Brian and Debbie trying to find out why they didn’t get sick too. Dracula got sick and so did Jordan but their conditions were mild compared to the other vampires. Vic was also sick but to a milder degree than the others.        

Soon anti-retro viral medication was created to help the vampires but it could not cure them. And when they feed again they got infected again and the vicious cycle of feeding and treatments became the new reality for the vampires to deal with.  Brian and Justin flew to New York for more testing of Brian’s vampire blood in the search for why he didn’t get sick. There was nothing in common with him and Debbie they could find and there were no differences or known antigens to protect him from the virus. They first thought Brian only fed from Justin and that protected him but he told them he also feed from the houseboys who carried the virus like all humans today do.       

Soon many vampires too sick to feed went into hibernation to end their suffering until a cure could be found for this condition. The numbers of vampires doing this and the amount of blood they would need when they woke up was going to be a logistical nightmare of its own.  During an interview with Dr. Mason a question was raised that led them into a different direction.     

 “Has Debbie fed from Justin, Brian?”      

“Yes, she feeds regularly from him.”       

“So the two vampires who aren’t sick feed from Justin?”      

“That’s true. Do you think he has something to do with this?”      

“The vampires who are only mildly sick, have they ever tasted Justin’s blood before?”      

“As a matter of fact they have but it was many years ago.”      

“It may be only a coincidence or it may be significant; can we test Justin’s blood?”      

“I don’t have any objections if he’s ok with it.”       

“We also have two other vampires who are not real sick of this disease who have no contact with Justin. They are embraced with blond haired, blue eyed lovers however. We might be on to something here. We also have data of vampires with lesser symptoms who have similar lovers too. The fact that you and Debbie show no illness is significant; we just need to find the common reason for it.”       

“I’m willing to help any way I can. They call me a pure purple blood. I have very pure blood for someone who is born blond and with blue eyes. We are fairly rare in the world. Others are partial purple bloods who are blond and blue too. That’s the only thing we have in common. I’m different since I’ve been made stronger by Brian drinking from the ancient blood of Dracula over the years. Take some blood and do your thing with it.” Justin rolled up his sleeve and presented his arm to the doctor who took nine test tubes full of Justin’s rich blood. Two weeks later the doctor called Brian and Justin at their home in Kinneyville.       

“We believe we have an answer to this virus. There are special antigens in the plasma of Justin’s blood which are very powerful and whip out any attempt to infect his blood with the virus. We tested feeding his blood to five sick vampires. All five of them got well and they are now immune to the virus. There are similar antigens in the other blond haired, blue eyes lovers but they are not strong enough to cure their embraced vampires; however, they were able to lessen the degree of the illness for them.”      

“So you’re saying Justin’s blood plasma can cure all the vampires who are sick?”      

“Initial testing leads to that conclusion Brian. We would need to harvest Justin’s blood plasma and create the doses needed to cure the vampires. We can safely take six liters of plasma from his body a week without harming him. It takes four milliliters of the plasma to deliver enough antigens to cure a vampire.  We can create 1,500 doses of cures a week there about from his blood plasma. Is Justin hearing this too Brian?”      

“Yes, I’m on the extension phone.  Are you certain I’m the cure for this disease?”      

“The five subjects treated with your plasma are completely free of the virus today. Our attempts to grow your plasma and antigens in the laboratory failed. We can only obtain the antigens from your body Justin. You can charge a fortune for these cures I might add.”      

“I’m not going to profit from the sickness of others. I would ask they donate to my foundation for gay kids as they can afford to do it but I won’t require it.” Justin said to the doctor. 

“Do I have your permission to patent your antigens as the cure? We will word it to be applicable to the human virus which is so far not affecting humans but we can legally protect your rights to it.”      

“I want to keep Justin’s identity as the source of this cure a secret doc. We don’t need vampires seeking him for a bite and a quick cure.” Brian expressed his concern.      

“I understand. We’ll just state ‘proven donors’ in our application. His name doesn’t have to be public record.”      

“Then go ahead and file your patent. Do you require us back in New York for this?”      

“Justin can donate the plasma at your local hospital in Kinneyville and they can ship it to us for processing. We then add his dose to a blood bank donation bag and give them to the vampires for the cure.”      

“Collect donations to The Sunshine Foundation and send the checks to me.” Justin said.      

“We’re going to first treat the vampires in Kinneyville to better study the effects of the cure there with a vampire group all in one location if your people will agree to it.”      

“I’m sure they’d be pleased to get the cure first. Are you sending a team here to do it?”      

“We’ll be sending the donation bags of blood. Your hospital can distribute it as they see fit.”      

“This will take over 9,000 doses just for Kinneyville vampires who are sick.”       

“So it’ll take about 6 weeks or more to treat just your vampires then. Justin, please go to your medical facility tomorrow morning and make your first donation of plasma. Two liters will do every other day. We have to arrange for a jet to bring the plasma on ice to us.”      

“Why don’t you bring your team to Kinneyville and do the work here? We can provide enough blood donations from the boys on my campus to fill your quota of 1500 a week easy.”      

“That’s an excellent idea. We need to make travel arrangements and have a place to stay.”       

“We can put you all in one of the vacant homes here we know about; and the hospital can be your base of activity. I want you to try to take two liters a day; I think my body can handle it.” Justin told the doctor.      

“We can try it for three or four days and test you to see if your body is replacing the plasma well enough for accelerated donations. I’m going on the typical human model for maximum plasma donation so perhaps you could be different. We don’t want to risk your health in the process; you’re too important for this cure to do that.” The doctor told him.      

“How will this affect me feeding from Justin while you’re harvesting his blood plasma?” Brian asked.       

“We return the red blood cells to his body when we harvest the plasma. He’ll be able to feed you and your take of his plasma level is small mixed with his blood stream. In fact it might help him for you to feed and reduce his red blood cell count on a regular basis.”      

“Will anyone feeding from Justin get cured from this disease?” Brian wondered.      

“That should be the case Brian. If they drink one half a pint of his blood they should get enough of his plasma to provide the antigens to cure them; if you do that people will learn Justin’s blood holds the cure.”        

“The few friends we do it for will hide his identity. Thanks for the information. Can we send you our jet to bring your team to Kinneyville tomorrow?”      

“That would be good. Allow us time to get packed up and ready. We’ll ship most of our gear to the hospital and bring the medical people on your jet. We could be ready to leave by four in the afternoon. “      

“Do you have a theory why only Justin’s blood holds the cure doc?” Brian asked.

“We believe Justin got infected with the virus at the same time all humans did. There is a resistance to the virus by purple blooded humans. His blood is the purest to be found and the most powerful. We feel since he was partially turned his blood was further enhanced by that process. All things considered, his body created the most powerful antigens which can kill this virus. The effect of Dracula’s blood in your system may have played a factor. Whatever it was the combination of events and conditions made the cure possible. It’s fortunate his plasma is all we need; we can harvest much more of it than if we had needed his whole blood. Within a year we can cure all he vampires in the world of this sickness.”      

“Once you folks arrive tomorrow and get settled into your new home away from home we would like all of you to join us for dinner tomorrow night at our place.” Justin said.      

“We would be honored Justin. We’ll see you tomorrow night. Thanks for the jet too.”       

“No problem; see you tomorrow.” Brian ended the call and looked at Justin. “What do you say we go help some sick friends of ours?”     

“I’m all for it; who’s first?”      

“Ted, then we can go to Vic and Rodney; after that we should help Dracula and Jordan. Then we go down the list of our closest friends who will protect who you are and cure them.” For the rest of the day Brian and Justin visited sick friends and got them to each drink a half pint of blood from Justin’s body. The next day every vampire Justin fed was totally cured. Everyone promised to keep it a secret. Justin donated two liters of plasma at the hospital and went home to help the boys make dinner for the visiting medical people.     

“You gave up a lot of blood; are you tired at all Justin?”      

“No Brian, it was spaced out over many hours and didn’t hit me like all at once. Do you think any of our guests or Indian or vegans eating tonight? Will anyone be a vampire needing blood?”     

“I’m told their vampires were the first test subjects for the cure. I don’t know if they came with their lovers today or not. We can ask them and get some feeders if they need it.” Brian answered him. “Are you planning to donate plasma again tomorrow?”      

“I don’t see why not. I feel fine. You can feed tonight too, knocking me out if you like. The doctor said I should drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluid before and following the donation to assist the replacement process. Also, I should eat plenty of iron-containing foods (ex. meat).      

“Somehow I don’t have a comfortable feeling with you donating all this blood and plasma. Let me know if you feel weak or dizzy at all. I can’t lose you Justin. This is asking so much of you to save all the vampires like this.”      

“My body’s very powerful since I’m embraced. I’m certain I can replace the plasma quickly. We’re lucky to find a cure for this Brian. My foundation will get tons of donations. I might be able to open a couple of more campuses later. If I have any trouble doing this I promise to tell you. They’re going to test me constantly for complications of donating. They’ll probably see a problem before I feel it. Now I want to pick out a huge juicy steak for my meal. Lots of iron to eat there.” Justin opened the freezer and found a large steak and gave it to the cook to prepare for him.        

Later that night 5 members of the medical team showed up for dinner. With them were four vampire lovers who also came along. Justin had 16 boys come over to donate blood for the vampires to have a feast of their own. The meal and conversation was uneventful and soon the party of visitors left to go back to the house arranged for their stay in Kinneyville. The following day Justin donated his plasma and the next day, and the next day. The doctors said his red blood cell count wasn’t that elevated so they permitted the accelerated donations by Justin. When he was leaving the hospital on the fourth day of donating he was approached by two men.     

“Hello there, I’m a new resident here. Are you Justin Kinney, one of the founders?”      

“Yes I am.” Justin said as he took the extended hand for a handshake greeting. Unbeknown to Justin a very powerful skin absorbing sedative was on the vampire’s hand and within seconds he passed out. They quickly picked him up and loaded him into a waiting van and left the city unnoticed.