Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Within the following 90 days much was accomplished. Ted and an attorney in Georgia got the corporate charter of Kinneyville legal. Brian bought 14,875 more acres around his property. He was now the largest land holder in Georgia. When he incorporated though he took away the huge tax base the neighboring towns had, putting a major hurt on their local budgets. He saved himself hundreds of thousands of dollars quarterly by making his property a legal city. They filed law suits but they didn’t have a prayer. Effective January 1st, they lost the property taxes to his vast land holdings. Next Brian titled the property to Kinneyville Inc. He sold Uber Tower and opened the Kinneyville budget base with $5 billion dollars using the money from the co-founders, Uber Tower, and some of his and Justin’s money. Realizing the potential for future profit, he got Diamond to invest strongly in the new community as well.     

Offers to move to Kinneyville poured in: lawyers, doctors, teachers, a familiar grocery chain owner, artists, musicians, and dozens of very wealthy vampires wanted to live in a vampire safe community. When Brian set out form letters to all interested requiring a deposit of $5 million to be joining the forming association and gain the right to buy a lot, 99 percent sent him the checks within two weeks. In no time he realized he needed to plan for over 1,000 home lots to be created at least. He hired a community engineering firm in Atlanta to work full time designing the community. They determined to make most of the lots 5, 10, 20, and 40 acres parcels. Using computer software quickly they had the design for a basic community matching the topographical area of his land.      

Now heavy equipment was all over the property building roads, putting in underground utilities, creating a community water service with a huge modern tall water tower, a sewer plant, and a downtown section of several blocks. Justin took a major interest in helping design the downtown area. It would be artistry and trendy. Ted wanted to open an investment and accounting firm downtown. Emmett wanted to own a clothing store and a restaurant. A lawyer wanted an office and so did a doctor and dentist. Dracula and Misha planned to open a bank in partnership with Jordan and Cajsa.     

“Give me 100 acres Brian; I’m going to build a Sunshine campus here and fill it with only familiar boys and a few girls. It’ll also be our local school system.”     

“Excellent Justin; that covers the blood we need and the school in one swipe. That’s a perfect idea. Is 100 acres going to be enough?”     

“Well if you would like a hot bubble butt to fuck all night give me 200 acres and I’ll rock your world old man.” Justin said grinning his best let’s make a sex deal smile. “Also Brian, we need to create a large lake on the property. It’ll raise property values for lake front lots, create recreation, and provide our community a water supply saving us hundreds of millions of dollars not buying water from our neighbors. Fuck! We need more land.”     

"I’ll get engineers on it right away. I’m naming the airport Sunshine Municipal Airport. What do you want to call the lake?”     

“Diamond Lake sounds nice. It’ll be clean and pure like a diamond. Do we have enough money for all this shit?”    

“We got plenty and the checks keep coming in. They have to pay me 5 million just to join the association. And that only gives them the right to buy a lot and live here. Only the co-founders have voting rights. That might change later when we have a real community. It’s only fair to give everyone an equal voice once it’s all created.”     

“I need a good idea on how many professionals want to operate here for how big to make the downtown area. Brian, this is the biggest thing we’ve ever done.”     

“The first phase of the community development is going to be finished in about 3 months. Then all our friends and families can build their homes here. They’re all working on designs now. We’re going to have our own private gated community of just our closest people. We’ll be the elite of the elite.  Our property values will soar once this is created. I’ll make room for a few new friends who have the bucks to live among us.”     

“Get your school started and plan on a private water supply for it. I have a feeling you’re going to want thousands of kids here and many will stay after graduating school. Are you going to add a junior college?”     

“That’ll be phase two of the campus. Yes, we need a college. And I think a vampire/familiar friendly hospital is on the horizon as well.”      

“We might want to create an upper middle class section of town for the working folks. Many medical people and teachers and such won’t be able to afford multi-million dollar homes and lots here.”     

“We could build a condo high rise downtown for them to lease from us. We would structure it to match their budgets. Fuck Brian; we’re going to make a ton of money with this project.”     

“Not counting your school population, I foresee already over 4,000 moving in within 2 years. And I’m still trying to acquire more land around us for more expansion.”     

“I’m going to bring in 12,000 kids to Kinneyville Academy. It’ll have a new name to match the town. There is no shortage of kids needing my campuses Brian.”

“When I let the vampire world know we’ll have a gay campus here of fresh familiar boys, the single vampires will be moving in like crazy. I see us selling out all our lots in no time Justin.     

********************           

A year later the basic infrastructure was completed. The dorms of the new campus were built and being stocked with kids who helped with construction. The houses for all of Brian and Justin’s family and friends were nearly completed. Contractors brought in hundreds of trailers to house the men and women building the town. The irony was none of the thousands of workers had any idea it was a future town of vampires and their lovers and friends. It was an economic boom for the workers in the area. Reluctantly the neighboring communities had to admit the jobs helped their communities very much. The secrecy of the town however was a great mystery. Word leaked out a major private school for gay boys was being built there which created some controversy. Brian and Justin ignored request from reporters wanting to write about the new city. 

Brian acquired 11,400 more acres and with careful engineering they design a 8,000 acre lake for maximum lake front footage for ultra-expensive home sites. Environmental studies showed not enough rain to fill the lake so Brian ordered 10 high voltage deep well pumps to draw water from the underground natural aqueduct to fill the lake and keep it full in the future. The crews were working fast to create the 60 foot deep lake. Sunshine’s new campus was going up in record time as well.  Hundreds of millions of dollars was being spent building dozens of buildings, expanding roads, lighting, and drainage; creating more fencing for the thousands of more acres, and too much going on to mention. Many nights Brian stayed up and worked non-stop managing the new city’s birth. Justin had to demand sex on more than one occasion.      

In no time the first homes were finished and the friends and family members began moving in. No sooner than they got settled in Brian and Justin delegated jobs to everyone to help with the creation of the city. A police and fire station was built first manned by their security people. The downtown section was coming to life quickly as buildings were built and businesses set up shop. Soon the volume of activity that was so secret started the most outrageous rumors of a cult moving in planning to wall off from the world and sexually abuse children. They were calling the new city “Cult-Ville” in the news. Justin decided he had to face that shit head on. He called a press conference and invited the state’s media to attend. He required it not to be broadcasted live; however, but they were allowed to film his interview for later.     

“Hello everyone; thank you for coming today. First I’ll answer many questions you may have with my initial statement and then I’ll take questions from you. I’m Justin Cole Kinney, or you might remember me as Sunshine the recording artist. I’m one of the founders, with my lover Brian Kinney, creating this community. It started out as a small idea moving our friends and families to this location so we could all be together. Once we agreed, that should someone want to recommend a friend or family member to move in, the idea of our city grew rapidly. Legally this is not a public community open to the general public to buy a lot and live here. You have to have a recommendation letter from someone already in the Association of Kinneyville. Those who have such a letter then must pay $5 million to join the association and gain the right to buy a lot and build here. There’ll be some apartments and condos for people who will be hired and brought here to work in our businesses, school, and hospital but they are moving in by invitation only.      

That’s how Kinneyville came to existence and why it’s a private community not open to the general public. Those who qualify can be of any race or nationality. I’ll say up front, the majority of our citizens will be gay. We also have families. I’m a father with three sons and two grandchildren who will live here. I have a newborn nephew here. Others have children by surrogate mothers who may or may not be moving in. That is a matter for each family here to decide. I’m creating one of my Sunshine Foundation campuses here called Kinneyville Academy. It’ll be a live-in facility for 12,000 disadvantaged gay young people both boys and some girls. I have an perfect record conducting excellent schools for many years now in New York, Pittsburgh, Dublin, London, San Francisco and Houston. There has never been one accusation of child abuse of any form in any of my schools and with tens of thousands of young people under my responsibility. I’m the most careful you can imagine who I hire to work with my kids. The rumor this is a cult planning to abuse children is ridiculous and insulting with no historical basis against me. That’s all I have to say about that rubbish.     

My lover and I have bought every acre of land we could around us and we want to buy more and we’re willing to pay excellent prices for the land if in large quantities. This’ll be a one of a kind community of diversity and I’ll admit wealthy unlike any other community in the country. My private jet airport will be available to our association members. If you can get a letter of recommendation from a member of the association, and you can afford to live and build here, you stand a great chance of moving in. Well if that’s the definition of a cult, we’re a very different rich cult. Now I’m ready for your questions. And just call me Justin please.”     

“Who is also planning to live here Justin?”     

“We don’t reveal the members of our association; if they wish to expose their identity that’s their business.”     

“How much money are you spending to build this mini-city?”     

“We have a $5 billion dollar budget and haven’t scratched the principal much.”     

“Will movie stars and sports stars be living here?”     

“They could if they qualify but to my knowledge none have yet applied I can speak of.”     

“Some people already live here; where are they from Justin?”     

“The first residents are our friends and family members from Pittsburgh and New York.”      

“You have a son with Ellen DeGeneres and her lover Portia; are they living here?”     

“I am able to say yes they are.”    

 “Did they each pay $5 million to join the association?”     

“No, they did pay a million each as co-founders and hold the voting rights for our community at this time. When the community grows we intend to expand voting rights to all our property owners.”     

“Do you intend to compensate the local communities devastated by the millions of lost tax revenue your community has caused?”     

“Kinneyville has our own infrastructure, police, fire department, schools, and utilities to pay for. Our money legally stays in our community. We of course will pay property taxes to the counties of our city and those others affected might have legal recourse for funds from their county. We will not be asking the counties for monies or the state, or the government to operate our city. I regret the harm temporarily felt by the changes we’ve caused but it was unavoidable as we grew. I can say we’ll be bringing so much money to the area the pain should be reduced by our presence nearby just as the thousands of jobs we created has been a very positive impact for neighboring communities putting millions of dollars into their economies.”     

“Will you permit the state legal authorities to inspect your very private community?”     

“We will obey all laws of the county, state, and national government and will always open our gates to the legal authorities on demand at anytime and I welcome their presence should they feel the need to come here. We’ll have our own certified police department performing their duties here and will not require the assistance of the Sheriff’s in our area unless it’s a special circumstance and law enforcement needs to work together.”     

“Will the general public be allowed to come and visit your community Justin?”     

“No.”

“Are you saying people from neighboring towns can’t come here to shop, tourists can’t come here to see your very unusual town?”     

“That’s right. We are a gated, fenced, private city legally chartered and incorporated. The security and privacy of our community is the main reasons our residents pay the high dollars to live here. To open our gates to the public defeats that purpose.”     

“What will you do with 12,000 kids living on your campus? How will they live?”     

“They’ll attend school; after the basic campus and school is created I’m building a college. If they aren’t in school they can work for Kinneyville doing landscaping and other projects or get jobs with other businesses in town. I’m real good at helping my kids work and pay a fair wage over the table to do it. My other campuses are non-profit and my records are publicly available. My kids are the best behaved on any campus in the nation.”     

“Why are most of the residents going to be homosexuals Justin?”     

“Perhaps because most of my friends are gay and so are their friends, and their friends, etc. We have straight people too; being gay is not a requirement; if it was, two of my sons couldn’t live here.” Justin laughed and got a few chuckles from the reporters.     

“Who will decide what children get to attend your school here?”     

“They’ll be carefully selected from excellent students with no discipline issues and for their potential to be positive members of our community.  Most will come from campuses I already have to make room for more kids; I get calls from orphanages, parents, and child protection services constantly wanting an opening in those cities I already have campuses located. The ones who I bring here create a bed and opportunity for a child in the city they come from.”     

“Aren’t you discriminating by not allowing straight disadvantaged children in your schools?”     

“I have in fact taken in straight children in special circumstances. The discrimination gay kid’s face is the reason my schools and my foundation are necessary to exist. It they weren’t getting beaten and sexually assaulted by other kids in your institutions I wouldn’t be getting calls to take them in.  I don’t just put them through high school; I stay with my kids giving them college if they desire it and qualify; or vocational training. My success rate is beyond any other school in the nation. For example; I know for a fact not one of my kids over all the many years the Sunshine Foundation has existed, has spend one day in a prison cell. Show me a straight campus in America who can claim that.”     

“What’s your secret for such a fantastic success Justin?”     

“Love; every child on one of my campuses knows he or she is loved. They don’t doubt our support for them. They know they have a bright future.”     

“How do you provide love to so many children in one location like that?”     

“The staffs I hire have to be capable of showing love for every kid fairly. And I spend a lot of money on education, medical and dental, college and vocational training programs, and the basics of food, shelter, and good clean new clothing. The kids do chores and get a good allowance. Smarter kids get paid to tutor more challenged kids in all subject areas. They have loads of activities to get into from music to martial arts, to sports and dance; if enough kids want a program we create it for them. That is some of the ways they know they’re loved.”     

“Are you going to make a profit with Kinneyville?”     

“Certainly; I’m not stupid. There’re initial investors who deserve a return on their investment making this town possible. The 5 billion dollar budget I have is not all my money. If others want to live in a community like ours; you’re free to go and create one just like we did.”     

“Would you allow us to come back and film your community for public information?”     

“I’ll have to let the Association vote on that request. Our security is our main priority and we don’t want to give information to potential problem makers. We are a city of very rich people who don’t want to be afraid to walk our streets at night. We don’t want to fear for our children’s safety. We’re not going to have the crap you have going on in your towns and cities.  The best I can say for a future documentary of our town is a maybe. Let’s rap up with some final questions.”     

“How big is your projected population?”     

“Three months ago we thought about 5,000; now it’s looking more like twice that.”    

“What are you going to do after today’s press conference Justin?”     

“Go home and play with my grandchildren.”

“How do you look like a teenager yourself Justin? You haven’t age a day since you first made a CD.”     

“It’s a private medical thing; I don’t like talking about it. I have a very rare condition with a very slow aging process. Right now it seems to be nonexistent. The fear is all these years can happen to me suddenly with unknown medical results. This is so rare doctors know nothing about it or what will happen to me. I’m not aging normally and it could result badly in the future. It’s one of reasons I left the lime light of fame to avoid that question which is painful for me. My sons show no symptoms like me fortunately. For all that was discussed today; the national sound bite will probably be my answer to this question. So now you know and I ask everyone to leave me alone about it. That’s the end of our press conference. Thank you for being here.” Justin left the podium and headed out the door of the Community Center were the press conference was held. No cameras were allowed as the reporters were escorted to the private bus provided for them by the City of Kinneyville taking them off the property to their vehicles outside the city gates.      

Justin walked into his villa home to the noise of tiny children in the living room. Diamond was on the big white rug playing with all the new babies. There was Molly, Kelly and Frank playing with his namesake; Justin Dublin McDonald. He loved his grandkids but this boy was also the apple of his eye. Next to little Justin was Daphne’s daughter: Melody Gay Marcus since Marcus took the legal American name of Roberto Marcus. Gus and Sally were changing diapers for little Jon Ayden Kinney; named after Sally’s dad and Lee. James Maloney, the embraced lover of Vic and Rodney, was visiting with his son Victor Maloney and his hired nanny, the surrogate teenage mother Helen they carefully selected from dozens of possible mothers who were familiars. The Kinney clan had started a new vampire fad; they wanted to breed their embraced boys and get children. Dozens of new babies living in Kinneyville would soon be the reality. Justin and Brian were so proud and happy of what they had and what was to become for their community.  Justin got down beside Diamond and enjoyed his grandkids.