Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Without saying too much Brian let the businessmen on Liberty Avenue know the bomber was history. In a few days life was normal in the gay section of town again. The police had enough details to link both Fred Phillips Sr. and Jr. to the bombing and attempted bombing and to nail the pastor for the arson of his church. The assistant pastor attempted to keep the flock going in a rented church building. A gay vampire was attending services there to keep an eye on the group since he was hired by Brian to do so. The PI was doing in depth investigations of all the church members. Brian wouldn’t rest until every person involved was found and dealt with.     

The issue of what to do with Babylon weighed heavy on Brian. On one side he wanted to remodel and re-open the club to prove the haters didn’t win. On the other hand he wanted to honor those who died, and feared a club with death now in its history might not be popular anymore. A developer wanted the building for a shopping center and mall to go into that block but Brian held off selling it for now. Once the police investigation was over he had contractors come in and remove the damage but left the structure bare until he decided what to do with it.     

“You better mine Tim, Bobby and the agents now or this little home with friends and benefits can be ended.” Justin told Diamond as he placed his suitcase by the front door getting ready to fly back to New York.     

“We’ll be good Justin. When can we come with you to New York? I want the guys to see our home there too.” Diamond told him.     

“Let’s see how your home schooling goes first before we make any interruptions in it. We’ll only be gone a week I think this trip. I just want to spend some time with my sons and Brian has some business to attend to for Uber Tower.” Brian walked up and sat down his luggage.     

“Have you scared our child into obedience Justin?”      

“We’ll know if it works when we’re gone Master.”     

“Now that Babylon’s closed we got nowhere to go but the diner.” Diamond complained.     

“Auntie Em’s throwing rave dances each weekend at the campus and you can attend those. I insist the security men go with you too. Since you’re my boys you could be targets by some nutcase.”     

“They’re pretty cool Justin and don’t bother us. They sure knew what to do after the bomb.”     

“That’s their job Diamond; to protect you from any threat and to protect Joey and Louis. I know you can defend yourself as a vampire but for appearances we need security so you don’t have to reveal your powers. I have security men myself for the same reason. We don’t know yet if the bombing was only gay related or against me and Brian so for a few weeks we’re going to be extra cautious about how we conduct our lives. I even keep my jet guarded constantly.”     

“We understand Justin; it’ll be ok.” Justin kissed the boy goodbye, Brian hugged him and they left the house and got into the waiting limo to ride to the airport and fly to New York.     

********************         

“DADA!   .....  DADA BUYAN!” Lee ran across the floor followed by a slower but determined Gus to greet his fathers coming into the condo’s front door. Justin grabbed Lee and Brian picked up Gus.     

“How are my little monsters today?” Justin said as he kissed Lee’s cheek.     

“Me no monster; me Lee.”     

“Monsers, monsers” Gus tried to pronounce the new word he heard.     

“Frank let us in to properly greet the fathers Justin.” Portia said sitting on the sofa with Lindsay.

“Lee, you’re a big boy and big boy’s say daddy; dada is for babies. Say daddy for me.”     

“Daddy, daddy, daddy”     

“That’s my boy; you got it perfect now.” Justin sat Lee down on the white rug and sat beside Portia. “There at that age now; have they driven you crazy yet?”     

“We have our moments especially after a drink of sugar juices or a couple of cookies. Children will keep you young that’s for sure.”      

“Will you ladies join me for a nice dinner downstairs tonight? Brian and Frank can watch the kids while we’re gone.”     

“I’d love to; let me go change into something more appropriate for dining.” Lindsay said.     

“That makes two of us; I’ll be right back Justin.” Portia got up and left the room. Justin made sure the boys were ok and then he went and found Frank.     

“I’m taking the girls to dinner tonight downstairs and want you and Brian to watch the boys for us. They need to be fed and bathed. You can put on a movie and they’ll go right to sleep.”    

“I’ll take care of them Justin; Brian doesn’t have to help if he’s busy.”     

“Shit, I forgot to ask him. Go keep an eye on them in the living room.” Justin went to the office were Brian was on his computer.      

“My hearing tells me I’m on babysitting duty tonight.”     

“Sorry Master; I should have asked you first. Frank can handle them.”     

“I love my time with the boys; you go have a nice dinner so I can have a nice bite later.” Brian made a biting action with his mouth and grinned.     

“Thanks Brian; we won’t be gone long. I just don’t spend much time with the mothers and wanted to catch up with them.”     

“Go gossip with the hens while Frank and I raise the chicks.” Brian grabbed his laptop and charger and went to sit in the living room. Gus had transformed into his kitty jaguar body and was playing with Lee making the little boy laugh hard as the small cat keep knocking him down and play fighting with him. There were too adorable for words. Instead of working on the laptop Brian enjoyed watching the boys play. Justin went and got dressed for dinner.    

“Do you think that’s the end of the bombings in Pittsburgh Justin?” Lindsay asked him.    

“We got the guy who did it and his father; we’re looking for anyone else involved now. I feel pretty good it’s over with but Brian doesn’t want to relax about it. He’s not sure what to do with the club now after so many guys died there. The bartenders were old friends of his. We provided money for everyone hurt and for the survivors of those who died; I don’t know what else we can do.”     

“Well since they were going to attack Woody’s too that says it wasn’t personally attacking you guys. They just wanted to kill queers. Babylon is such a famous club it would be a shame to shut it down for good.” Portia told the worried looking blond.     

“I know Brian well enough not to mention it until he mentions it to me first. He’s not ready to talk about it yet. This really tore him up a lot.”      

“Well everything in New York is just fine Justin; you have nothing to worry about here. I found an excellent nursery school for the boys to spend time with other children not far away with excellent security there. Many wealthy people put their kids there every day.”      

“I still want my security men with them when they’re at the nursery school Portia. I want the boys constantly protected.”     

“I agree with Justin; we should error on the side of caution as far as the children are concerned.” Lindsay said. “I’d die if something happened to one of our boys.”     

“As the kids get older I’m thinking about no longer recording and letting my fame wade off to reduce the risk to my family. It’s not like we need the money or anything. The band members have made a fortune so they’re set now. I might do 1 or 2 more CDs and stop.”     

“That’s a pretty drastic step Justin.” Lindsay said.     

“I can still write songs and other people can record them. I want to spend more time with my art anyway and spend time raising the boys. I can’t do that going on concert tours and stuff. I could also spend more time on growing The Sunshine Foundation in other cities.”    

 “We’ll support you whatever you decide to do. So far you spend lots of time with the kids now.” Portia told him wondering if Justin was overreacting to the bombing in Pittsburgh.  Justin looked at her and realized what she was thinking.

“I might be freaking out a bit since the bombing. I don’t know if a bomb could end Diamond but the other two boys now living with us, and we’ve gotten close to, were in great danger. I try to tell myself it wasn’t personal and the bomber had no idea my kids were there.”     

“Do you have songs ready for another CD yet?” Lindsay tried to change the subject.     

“Yeah mostly; I need maybe three more songs. Then the band has to work them up.”     

“How are the campuses and schools doing?”     

“All of them are nearly full with students and doing very well. I have enough cash in reserves to operate on the interest earned without touching my principal money. Vampires can be very generous people for a good cause. All the ones who have embraced with one of my boys have donated strongly to the foundation. Add the money Brian and I’ve donated personally the Sunshine Foundation’s on a very solid financial base. I’m looking at putting a campus and school in Houston Texas. They have a huge gay run away; throw away population there of gay teenagers and it could service several cities in the south.” Justin and the moms enjoyed their conversation and meals and went back upstairs. Brian was still in the living room surrounded by two sleeping baby boys on the sofa as he watched a movie on HBO.     

“That movie better be G rated Brian or these girls might have a word with you.”     

“It’s rated generally boring and worked perfect putting them to sleep which was the plan.” Each mother grabbed her boy and said goodnight and left to go to their own condo.      

“So, does Master wish to have a bite of Sunshine?”     

“Right after a big slice of Sunshine’s ass I’d like a bite for desert.”     

“Well we know how to make that possible. I’m more than ready to take care of you lover boy.” And our lovers went to bed; slowly Brian made love to his Justin taking his mind off of the current events clouding his thinking lately. Brian knew he did his best creative thinking while plowing his boy’s giving ass which was so tight and hot it could race away all the bad memories of late giving Brian a reprieve from the recent tragedy that happened back in Pittsburgh. After about two hours of a lovely deep and meaningful fuck Brian shot a huge load in his boy but not so much to require plugging him. They he bit Justin’s neck drinking over five pints of hot honey sweet red blood from his trell’s embraced body knocking him out for the night. Brian covered his blond with the duvet and got up to shower and go work on the computer during the night.     

There were emails to catch up on with reports from his hired eyes and ears in Kansas. To the best of his spy and PI’s knowledge no one else was aware or took part in the bombing plot. The vampire attending the church said everyone was shocked about the pastor and his son’s involvement in killing the innocent lives albeit gay lives. No one condoned the actions. Attendance at the church was now half of what it once was and there was talk of changing the name and making it a totally different organization moving away for the harsh rhetoric of the previous pastor against gay people. This news relieved Brian hoping he really had finished off all the potential threats against him and his people. Brian pulled out his cell phone and called Dracula.     

“Hello Brian, are you in town?”     

“Yes, we got in today. I was wondering if I may have a chat with you.”     

“By all means; come to my place. Misha is now sleeping.”     

“I’ll be right down.” Brian closed his phone and left the apartment and took the stairs down one flight to Dracula’s level. The front door was open waiting for him.      

“You haven’t drink from me for a while, come and have my blood.” Dracula told his favorite protégé.  “I see you have much on your mind tonight.” Brian sat down and took the ancient’s wrist biting into it and he began to drink the rare wine tasting blood that was the oldest and most powerful vampire blood on earth. Once Brian had his fill he closed the marks he made and raised up.     

“Thank you Count. I feel much better now. Yes, I do have some things on my mind. I fear for my family being targeted by others. The bombing in Pittsburgh killed people I knew and almost hurt Diamond and his friends now living with us there. I wonder what I could do to better protect them.”     

“That would be a normal reaction following such an event; you’ve taken care of the bomber and the church. I don’t see that anymore threat exist for you. They don’t know who took them out or how. Like a good cat, you covered your shit. Outside of living alone stuck at home constantly there’s always some risk going out into the public for anyone. Do you believe your family’s at a greater risk than anyone else would be?”     

“On the surface no, but things always seem to happen to us. Mostly it’s been Justin’s fame causing us problems but this attack was just because the club is gay. I don’t know if I want to reopen it. I’m not sure what the right thing to do is.”     

“How would it look to the world if New York never rebuilt the site of 9/11?”     

“My first reaction is the terrorists would have won.”    

 “Exactly my thinking; we have to rebuild to show they didn’t win Brian. If I was you I’d remodel the club, maybe change the name if you want to, or be brave and keep the name. Reopen at the start of your busy season. When are your best months to operate?”     

“The spring and summer months are my most profitable but actually we do great year round.”    

“Then allow time for the shock of the bombing to pass and reopen the club bigger and better than ever. Step up the security so the patrons feel safe going there. You can do it in honor of the people who got hurt and died there. It would send a message to the fag-haters “Fuck you; we’re back and strong as ever.” That’s how I would respond to this situation.”

“And what if the people don’t come back to the club with the memory of the deaths there?”     

“Then you close the doors, sell the real estate and realize you tried to give them back their club but if they fail to support it that was not by fault of your own and you write off the loss.”     

“Well it’s costing me $12,000 a month just sitting there not operating. I might as well reopen and see what happens next. I’m glad we had this talk.”     

“Did you ask Justin for his opinion about this?”     

“Frankly, I haven’t wanted to talk about it until tonight.”     

“The boy’s very wise for his age Brian. I’d ask him his feelings about it. He might have a different way of looking at things for you.”     

“We’ll talk tomorrow. I’ve knocked him out for the night. How are you and Misha doing?”    

“I’ve finally been forgiven for bringing the demon child vampire of London into my home. I didn’t think he would ever get over that one. We haven’t fought about something that hard for four hundred years. He still insists Diamond never enters our condo again.”     

“He’s a totally different boy now. Justin has him straightened out mentally. He has two boys from the Pittsburgh campus living with us to be his friends so he doesn’t get lonely and everything is fine with him. Two human houseboys are the parents when we aren’t there and he listens to them without question. We also have vampire security men there. He’s just a normal teenager now who loves blood and sex.”     

“Has his fame helped him to settle down some?”    

“I would say it’s raised his self esteem and pride. He takes excellent care in his appearance and how he looks in public. He loves his new lifestyle with us and hasn’t been one bit of trouble at all.”     

“Misha takes a long time forgiving anyone. Tell Diamond not to take it personal. It has more to do with what happened to my boy before I embraced him and he lived on the streets dealing with very cruel people.”     

“I don’t think he even lets it bother him Dracula. He has other things on his mind like playing with his friends and learning the piano by which he’s getting pretty good at.”    

“It’s very nice to chat about the children instead of dealing with some vampire crisis in the world. I’ve created quite the network of leading vampires and Victor’s to keep control of their areas so we don’t have to go and put out forest fires somewhere like the rogue group in London. I may be the most powerful vampire in the world but I have no intention of ruling it or acting with my powers if I can avoid it. Politics is so fucking boring Brian.”     

“I’ve learned over time to stay out of the public eye for my own good. Let Justin have all the glory suits me just fine Count. I’m beginning to think he’s growing tired of it however. We haven’t talked about it but I sense a change in him about things that might put a distance between him and his family and what might put them at risk.”     

“His music’s as popular as ever. He could end it on a high note at anytime. That would avoid the questions of why he never ages in the future. It would be wise to take a low profile soon by him Brian.”     

“I’m going to talk with him about it tomorrow. This damn bombing has me reevaluating every aspect of my life now. I should get home now; thanks for the blood and chat Dracula.”      

“Anytime my boy; you come and see me whenever you wish. I’m always glad to see you.” Dracula walked Brian to the door. Soon Brian was lying down beside Justin holding him and listening to his beating heart. As he stared at the angelic blond boy sleeping in his arms he pondered what their future held for them. Brian wondered what he could do to improve the life they now have. For one point; Brian felt New York might not be the best place to raise two young boys in such a huge city which could be a major target should there be a war. Brian thought of buying a huge amount of land for his Justin and their extended family to live on. Money wasn’t an issue; deciding where they’d be happy is what needed to be determined.       

Brian removed his clothes, prepared his embraced trell, and gently made love to him for the rest of the night giving Justin his favorite dream of being loved while asleep.