Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

When Alice was released from the mental health hospital attorney Simon Radcliffe was waiting for her at the front door.     

“How are you feeling Alice?”    

“Where is my son?”     

“He’s in America with his guardians Alice. I have a letter for you from him he wanted you to have when you got out of the hospital. My car is over there to take you home.” Simon walked her across the parking lot and opened his car door for her, helping her get inside. He gave Alice the letter from Diamond and started the car beginning the drive to the Applebee home. As she rode to her house Alice read the letter.     

Dear Mum,     

The reason I never answered your letters is because all you did was demand I come back to England and live with you. I’m not going to do that. I’m legally adopted now and my name has changed to Kinney. I have a wonderful life and don’t want to leave it.      

One of my new fathers, Justin, is psychic and knows what you’re thinking and plotting. You think you can take your sad story to the media of the battered wife who was forced to give up her son by my real dad against your will when you were in no shape to make that agreement. You think because Justin is Sunshine the superstar, you can create an international scandal and make him give up and return me to you. You think you can somehow overcome the custody papers you and dad signed and get me back. You think because he’s gay and you’re straight you can win.     

Your plan will fail Mum. The world knows Justin is gay and doesn’t care. I’m gay too Mum. You were sane when you sign away your rights to me. Dad beat me because he hated that I’m gay and you did nothing to stop him. We have photographs of the house we lived in and how bad it was there. I can go before the public and describe how sick you are and how you neglected me for so many years and I had no life taking care of you.     

Mum, the only reason you are well enough to think of fighting for me is because they paid the money to get you treatment and get you well. They didn’t have to spend a pound helping you but because you’re my Mum they wanted to help you. They also paid all your bills and arranged for you to have money to live well. They paid to fix up your house so you would have a decent home. They would do anything to help you and it’s stupid for you to fight them over me. I’m living where I want to be.     

At my request, your option to live in America near me is off the table. I don’t want you here if you can’t accept my new parents. I won’t let you mess up the perfect life I have now by being here to cause trouble for me. You have to live in England and put your life together. I may come to visit you and you might come here to visit me but since your want to make trouble that’s as close as you can get to me. This is my decision, not Brian or Justin’s.     

I’m warning you ahead of time. If you try your media stunt to get me back I’ll go in front of the cameras and expose you as the worse mother in England. I’ll tell the world how sick you are and selfish you are to fight for me under these circumstances. I’ll tell everyone how bad dad was and you did nothing to protect me. Brian and Justin will stop supporting you and you will get nothing ever again. Even if you got attorneys to fight for me my new parents are so wealthy they will eat your lawyers alive and tie this up in the courts for years until I’m an adult. You won’t win and you’ll end up with nothing and you won’t have a son. You better forget about fighting to get me back if you ever want to see me again.     

We went through a lot of trouble to make your house very nice. I hope you like it. You can write me again giving the letters to Simon Radcliffe. He will handle all your needs.     

Your son (barely),     

Diamond Matthew Kinney     

Tears flowed down Alice’s face as she read her son’s words. She was shocked they knew about her plan to fight for Diamond. She had never mentioned it not even to her doctors. It was a carefully guarded secret. Now she wasn’t sure what to do. Minutes later they pulled into the Applebee house driveway. Alice looked up and stared at the perfectly beautiful house freshly repaired and painted outside. The lawn was landscaped and attractive. Alice walked into the house stunned at what she saw. It was a totally new home with fresh paint and new carpet. All the old torn furniture was gone and replaced with brand new furniture.  The kitchen was completely remodeled with new cabinets and appliances and flooring. The busted old back door was replaced with a new one. The bedroom was fit for a queen and the closet filled with a new wardrobe of dresses and pant suits all perfectly her size. A dozen new shoes were arranged on the closet floor.     

When she returned to the living room a large photo caught her eye hanging on the wall. It was a portrait of Brian, Justin, and Diamond holding a small baby and Justin holding a bigger baby boy and everyone was smiling. Even the babies had smiles on their faces. She felt great love coming off the photo of Diamond’s new family. Simon saw her reaction and knew it was positive. 

“There’ve very happy together Alice. Let’s sit down at the coffee table here and discuss some things.”     

“I feel terrible going against Diamond’s new family. I still don’t think I could live without him.” Alice admitted to the attorney.     

“The reason for that is you wish to have a co-dependent relationship with your son. Now you think you can’t live without him in your life. That’s not healthy for you and especially it wouldn’t be healthy for Diamond. I’ve made arrangements for you to get counseling three times a week at this location. They will help you to overcome these feelings of codependency and other matters. Everybody wants you to get well Alice and be a part of this wonderful family. All the bills are routed to my office and I’ll pay them. Your utilities, property insurance, medical costs, prescriptions, and a grocery account is open for you at the local market. You don’ have to pay for anything. Here’s a check for three thousand pounds for your personal use. If your personal cash gets low contact me for another check. Do you have any questions so far?”     

“When can I see my son?”     

“I first need for you to sign this statement promising to never fight for custody for Diamond. If you agree to allow him to live with his new parents in America without making trouble for them, I have a pair of round trip first class tickets to Pittsburgh for you to spend three days with him starting day after tomorrow. He would like to see you Alice if you don’t make trouble for him.” Simon took out the document and placed it in front of her and handed her a pen. “With this document Alice you support your original signature as valid giving custody of Diamond to the Kinney couple in America. You’re stating that now legally competent you agree to the guardianship of Diamond and you promise to support their guardianship for all time.” Alice read the document and found it stated what the attorney told her. She took the pen and signed it. Simon collected the document and placed it in his briefcase.     

“What time do I leave? I don’t have a car or drive.”     

“I’ve set up an account for you with the local taxi service. All you have to do call them when you wish to go anywhere. I’ll arrange for a car to pick you up Wednesday morning at 7 Am to get you to the airport for a 9 Am flight to London. There you’ll transfer to a direct flight to New York and transfer to a flight to Pittsburgh.”     

“I don’t know where my passport is.”     

“They found your passport when cleaning the house.” Simon handed her the passport. “There’s a new suitcase for you in the guest bedroom closet or Diamond’s old room.”     

“Do you know what Diamond wrote me in the letter?”     

“I was given a copy for my records. I read it so I do know what he said.”     

“How did they know I was planning to go to the media and make a scandal?”     

“My experiences have shown me that very wealthy people have mental powers we normal people couldn’t imagine. Justin’s able to know when someone’s plotting against him. His intuition told him what you were planning to do.”     

“How wealthy are these Kinneys?”     

“They’re among the richest people on earth. Justin supports tens of thousands of gay teenagers in his charity The Sunshine Foundation. In your third bedroom an office was created with a new computer for you. You have internet service already hooked up and running. On your desk is links to look at on line that will give you more information about Brian and Justin Kinney so you can learn about them. They want you to know who they are so you won’t worry about Diamond. He’s a very lucky boy to be with them. He’ll get the best education and want for nothing in his life.”     

“I don’t care how much money they have it’s still so hard not to have my son.”     

“Alice, you have to stop saying things like that. If you don’t, Diamond will put more distance between him and you and you could end up never seeing him. You need to stop thinking about what you want, and think about what’s best for your son which is to stay with the Kinneys. If they had not adopted him you wouldn’t have gotten their help, you would still be very sick living in a horrible house unable to pay your bills and soon you would have been homeless. Even if Diamond was with you how long could you survive without the financial help from his new parents? Be reasonable Alice. Speak positive of Diamond’s new life when you visit if you want the chance to visit again. He might even change his mind about you getting to live near him in America if you don’t say the wrong things.”

“It’s still so hard thinking I have to live without him.”     

“Research codependency online; that’s what you’re experiencing and need help getting over. It too is a form of mental illness. Here is three hundred pounds cash until you can get to the bank. I have to get back to my office now. Call if you need me for anything and be ready for your trip to America. Here’s your e-ticket for the airline. I hope you enjoy your visit.” Simon got up and left the house. Alice went to the office and read the online information about Brian and Justin Kinney. She then read about codependency and the information put tears in her eyes. For the first time she realized she wasn’t thinking what was best for Diamond; she was only thinking for herself. On her desk were her pills. She took her medication and went to bed early.     

The next morning she woke up hearing someone in the kitchen working. Although afraid she went to investigate and found a young lady cleaning dishes that were new.     

“I see you’re awake now Alice. Would you like some breakfast?”     

“Who are you and how do you get into my home?”    

“Oh my; Simon must have forgotten to tell you. I’m Mary a care nurse hired by your son in America to help you for a few months. I’m going to help you remember to take your pills, shop for you, make meals for you, clean the house, and generally be here for you as long as you need me dear. Simon gave me a key. I’m licensed and bonded to provide home health care.”     

“Well it’s very nice to see you Mary. I’ll be leaving for America tomorrow for three days.”     

“They I’ll return when you get back; now how about a nice breakfast Mum.” Alice agreed to eat something still surprised by this new turn of events. She realized she wasn’t at home alone now. Having Mary here was a blessing in disguise.

********************          

The jet touched down at Pittsburgh International. Alice navigated her way through security and got outside to find her son standing beside a long black limousine. He was dressed in remarkable clothes looking wealthy beyond words. He saw her and motion for the driver to come get her suitcase. He hugged her careful to not let his skin touch her.      

“Did you have a good flight Mum?”     

“It was long but very good. I’m just so happy to see you son.” They got into the limo and began the drive across Pittsburgh.     

“Thank you Mum for not fighting me. Mr. Radcliffe said you signed the document not to go against me living here. It was the right thing to do.”     

“Well I’m beginning to realize I was wrong and not thinking what was best for you.”     

“How do you like the house we redid?”    

 “It’s beautiful son. And the charge nurse is wonderful to have around. I don’t feel so lonely with her there. She makes a big difference with me adjusting to everything. I love the big photo of you with Brian, Justin and the babies. Whose babies are they?”     

“I told you Mum they belong to Justin. The bigger boy is Lee, and the small baby is Gus. They live in our home in New York. We spend two weeks here and two weeks there each month. We’re going to our house here in Pittsburgh now.”     

“Is it in the country?”     

“It’s on the edge of town Mum. It’s really a huge house and we have two houseboys who take care of everything. We have one houseboy in New York.” 

“I read that Brian Kinney owns an advertising agency here in Pittsburgh.”     

“Kinnetik; it’s very successful and has many major clients. They also own the skyscraper we live at in New York. It’s got 85 floors and we have a huge penthouse apartment on the top floor. Brian and Justin or jet pilots and own their own Learjet.”      

“What do you do for school Diamond?”     

“I’m homeschooled by excellent teachers. I’m taking a break during your visit though.”     

Soon the limo pulled into the Britin estate compound passed the guarded entry gate. When Alice saw the house she couldn’t breathe; it was a mansion, a palace of wealth and elegance standing three stories high with a manicured garden and lawn.     

“How can they have flowers this time of the year?”     

“They’re not real Mum; Justin has allergies so they planted fake flowers and colored rocks. I still think their pretty.” Tim and Bobby were standing outside and took Alice’s suitcase.     

“Mum, this it Tim and Bobby the houseboys here; they have a house in the back yard. Guys this is my mother Alice.”     

“Hello Alice, welcome to Wonderland.” Tim said smiling putting a smile on Alice’s face as the attractive blond boy greeted her. “Brian and Justin are waiting for you in the living room. Follow me please. Tim took Alice’s arm and led her into the house to find the lovers sitting on the sofa. When she walked into the room they got up to greet her. Justin walked over and hugged her as Brian stood behind him.     

“I’m glad you came to visit Alice. We wanted you to know that Diamond was living well. Are you hungry? Our boys can fix you anything you like to eat.” Justin said to her.     

“I can wait until dinner Justin, thank you for offering. Why do you have so many security men here?”     

“Sorry about that. They won’t bother you. My fame requires I take precautions against fans and nut cases getting to close to me. Oh course that means that Diamond is well protected constantly as well. Are there any special diet matters we should know about? What’s your favorite meal?”     

“I can eat anything. Actually I’m craving a steak; it’s been ages since I’ve had one.”     

“Tim, steaks tonight for everyone; Brian has to go out so he won’t be joining us.”     

“Ok Justin; I’ll got set them out now.” Tim said as he left the room.     

“I’m planning to fly you to New York tomorrow to see my other two sons and come back the same day. I want you to meet all my family.” Justin said to her. “We’ll take my jet; it’s much nicer than commercial airplanes. It can’t fly to England which is why we had to put you on one of the airlines to fly here. My mother will be joining us tonight to meet you too.”     

Soon Alice was comfortably set up in her guest room and was later sitting with Diamond in the piano room listening to Justin performing several songs for Alice.     

“I’ve heard you on the radio and seen you on TV. It’s amazing to hear you live.”     

“Here is something I think is amazing. Diamond, sing “Why I’m Yours” for your mother.” Justin played the music and Diamond sung the famous song which was one of the most successful for Sunshine’s career. His voice was angelic and perfect.

“I never heard you sing before Diamond. That was incredible.” Alice said in surprise.     

"I’m taking voice lessons and Justin’s teaching me how to play the piano. I sung in the church choir but you were to too sick to go hear me. It’s ok Mum, I understand.”     

“I believe Diamond has a lot of potential. I’m thinking of having him as a backup singer in my band for the next CD. We’re growing out his hair because the girls who buy the CDs love that. He might be the next teen idol before you know it.” Justin said smiling.     

“Excuse me for a few minutes Mum.” Diamond got up and left the room needing blood from Tim and Bobby.     

“I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me and for Diamond. You’ve saved his life and changed mine so much for the better. I’m very sorry for ever doubting you Justin.”     

“Don’t worry about it. We completely understood what you were going through. We only have Diamond’s best interest at heart and yours too since you’re his mother. We’re very big on family and take care of our own.”     

“Well I want you to know I support you raising my son now. You have my blessing and best wishes Justin.”     

“Thank you Alice; that means a lot to us; we love him very much and it would hurt him and all of us to be in any conflict about it. I’ll talk to him and see if I can get him to change his mind about you living in America if you want to. I don’t want to come between a mother and her son.”     

Soon they had dinner with steaks, potatoes, and fresh crisp vegetables steamed to perfection. Bobby was an excellent cook. Jennifer came over to meet Diamond’s mother. She was glad to see her in good mental health compared to how she was described to her by her conversations with Diamond.     

“Did we as parents make our boys gay in some way Jennifer?” Alice asked her. Diamond was shocked and Justin grinned.     

“Yes Mother; did you make my diapers too tight when I was a baby?” Justin started to laugh.     

“Alice people are born gay. It might be genetic or hormones in the womb; scientists really don’t know why some people are born that way. I’m certain parenting has nothing to do with it.” Jennifer told her with her best country club manners and demeanor.      

“I think the tight diaper theory’s a good one Justin.” Diamond said grinning.     

“Mom, would you join us for a short trip to New York tomorrow to see your grandsons again?”     

“I’d love to Justin.”     

“I’ll have the car pick you up at 8 in the morning if that’s not too early.”     

“That’s fine dear. Will Brian be joining us?”     

“He’s really busy with Kinnetik business right now. A big account has him tied up this week.”     

“Don’t you need a co-pilot with you?” 

“It’s not required for only an hour flight. Diamond can sit co-pilot.”      

“Heck yeah; I love the jet. It’s really fast and fun.”     

********************        

The next day they flew in Justin’s Learjet to New York and parked in Jordan’s private hanger. Then they rode in a limo to Uber Tower. Alice was surprised at the size of the city and especially surprised at the grand luxury of Uber Tower. When they entered the condo they could hear Frank practicing on the piano a classical piece. Soon Justin had everyone in the living room with the babies’ mothers. Diamond, Lee, and Gus played on the floor while the adults watched.     

“You’re so young to be a father Justin.”     

“I’m twenty Alice. Both boys were conceived by artificial insemination. They live next door to this unit on each side with a pass door between our respective condos. Diamond has been a big help babysitting from time to time. The boys love him and have bonded with him.     

“I can even change diapers Mum.” Now that Alice had a clear picture of the life her son was living she was certain he was in very good hands. Once the mothers and baby boys went home Diamond started a conversation with his mother.     

“Justin has talked to me about you living in America if you want to. What do you want to do Mum?”     

“I can stay in England but I hope to come and visit you often Diamond. I don’t want to be in the way. Everything is provided for me there. Since I have the lady coming to the house during the week I don’t feel alone. I think I’ll try to get out and make friends. I’m might even date now that I’m single. I would be more comfortable in England.”     

“Ok, I think that would be best Mum. Even if you were here you probably wouldn’t see much of me anyway with my school work and living in New York half the time and we travel a lot. They’ll make sure you’re well cared for. You can keep the companion nurse for as long as you want her around. That was Justin’s idea so you wouldn’t be alone at home all the time. You could go to school, and maybe attend a church and meet new people. You could find a nice man Mum who would treat you good. Brian and Justin don’t mind spending the money to make you happy.”     

“I have to count my blessings. You’re happy Diamond and that’s the most important thing.”     

The next day Justin arranged for Alice to spend the day at a luxury spa and that evening they took Alice out to a fine restaurant for dinner. Once they got home Justin presented her a painting of Diamond he did already framed. He said he would ship it to England so she didn’t have to deal with it at the airports.     

The morning after breakfast at Britin, Alice flew first class back to England. A limo was waiting for her at the Reading airport to take her home.  All thoughts about fighting for Diamond’s custody were now a distant memory.