Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Jordan’s Learjet touched down at Pittsburgh International airport at 1 pm on a Thursday afternoon under cloudy skies and taxied to the private VIP terminal at the side of the airport away from the commercial terminals. Brian, Justin, Ellen, Portia, Lee, Lindsay and Gus exited the jet and got into the waiting limo to ride to Britin for the beginning of their Pittsburgh visit; the first visit since Gus was born. So far Gus only transformed into a jaguar cub when one or both of his fathers were jaguars. Since they hoped to keep this skill a secret they hoped his behavior wouldn’t change in front of the Pittsburgh Coven and family members. After thinking about it they decided to show the gang the truth.

      

It has been a year since Sunshine released a CD so his fame was no longer huge and he wasn’t being stalked by photographers or reporters wanting an interview. That might change soon because Justin had a new group of songs ready and was close to deciding who would be his band members. Justin sent the audition tapes to Sonic telling him he was definitely in the band and asked him to review the others and set up appointments to play with them and decide who he thought was best for the band.

      

Sonic proved to be very valuable for he didn’t only play a master lead guitar he was an accomplished arranger of music and wrote scores for every instrument regarding the new group of songs to be on the third CD. Justin had an appointment to see Sonic at 3 Pm at Sunshine High to listen to the group of players he chose today. Following that there was a dinner gathering at Britin of the Pittsburgh Coven and Justin’s family coming over to see the new baby Gus and Lee.

      

Due to bad weather the construction for the new Sunshine Foundation campus outside of Pittsburgh was behind schedule but several dorms and the cafeteria was up and running with 4300 kids now living at the new campus. Temporary classroom trailers were brought in so high school classes could be going on during the remainder of the campus construction. Several contractors from around the state were brought in for the massive project and it was an economic boom for the Pittsburgh economy creating many jobs. Many boys and girls from the original campus got laborer and apprentice jobs at the construction site for the new massive campus.  The project was on budget for $775 million before staffing. Ted handled the financial end of things and Emmett did oversight and reported to Justin weekly on the progress or lack thereof. Since the rainy season was now over things should progress much faster and the entire campus should be up and ready before the fall semester begins. Emmett had a waiting list of nearly 6,000 gay orphans wanting to live and attend school there.

      

Emmett and Justin struggled with the question of gay kids living at home who want to attend Sunshine High. They had to be in less than ideal circumstances to be willing to leave home and be away from their families. When letters were sent out to the parents who had contacted Emmett asking if they would accept private school tuition most replied in a positive manner that tuition was acceptable. Since this was a tax free non-profit operation Emmett was working on determining the actual cost per student for a fair tuition rate to charge the parents with fees added on for special programs or training. They were seriously considering keeping the first campus and making it a private school for the kids paying tuition, and the new larger campus for the boys and girls who had no choice or came from rejection, homelessness, or orphanages. A name change would be a good idea for the new private high school once it was established. With private tuition it could be self sufficient and pay for its on operation.

      

Once at Britin Justin and Brian helped the mothers get the kids and bags into the house and into the guest rooms. The houseboys Tim and Bobby helped with the luggage and asked if anyone was hungry. Ellen joked to Tim he looked good enough to eat so he walked over and gave her his neck which he didn’t have to offer twice. Ellen drew two pints from the beautiful young blond man and commented how delicious he was.

      

“I get that from Brian too. I think it’s the main reason he hired me Ellen” Tim said smiling. “My lover and I are happy to provide for you if you should need us.”

       

“We were just about to start preparing dinner and I understand Portia is a vegetarian?” Bobby asked.

      

“Yes, no meat for me but I’m ok with milk products or things dairy in nature.” Portia told him. “I don’t want anything with egg or fish either; fruit, salads, beans or pasta is all good.”

      

“We’ll take good care of you Portia.” Bobby said.

      

“I have to go to the campus for a couple of hours Brian.” Justin told his lover.

      

“Take a security man with you, for me.” Brian answered him.

      

“I was planning to and use the limo. I’ll see you all later.” Justin grabbed the vampire guard at the house front entrance and they got into the limo and headed to Sunshine Foundation campus in Pittsburgh. Inside the auditorium Sonic had the new band all set up ready to play for Justin the new arrangements he created for the new songs; a piano was there for Justin to join them. A camera was set up to record the practice session on a DVD for viewing later. For the next two hours they played 15 songs and Justin was very impressed with the new group. Sonic chose the dyke girl for drums, a 17 year old red headed student played a genius bass guitar, a 16 year old blond boy played rhythm guitar and 12 string, and an 18 year old long brown haired teenager played electronic keyboard sound effects. The new sound was mysterious and haunting while at the same time very entertaining.

 

“Guys I think we got one hell of a band here.” Justin complimented the group. “Those of you who are underage will need an adult to sign your recording contracts. If I’m your guardian or Auntie Em is I’ll have to appoint you an attorney guardian for contracts with me to make it fair. I think the next CD will be a big hit and you will all make a ton of money with me.”

      

“Will we go on tour and do concerts Sunshine?” Sonic asked him.

      

“We might do one concert here in Pittsburgh but no tour or concert schedule while school’s in session. We might do something next summer if the CD’s a major hit because it always increases sales volume to promote a new CD. The contract will be for four years with a $250,000 retainer each. You will agree to make at least four CDs with me during that time. There’ll be the usual clauses for breaking the contract customary to these kinds of deals. I encourage you to have your attorney look it over before agreeing with it. If this new CD does what I expect you’ll all be millionaires soon. I’ll stipulate in the contract you have to finish your high school educations to stay in the band and stay drug free. Who’s not a familiar?” Justin decided to get right to the heart of the question.

      

“What’s a familiar Justin?” Sonic asked him. The other band members smiled.

      

“Well that answers my question; you’re all free to go and thanks for the excellent jam session. I’ll have the contracts to you within the week with Auntie Em. Sonic and I need to have a little talk.” Once the other band members left Justin took Sonic to sit down in the auditorium.

      

“I must have your word not to repeat what I’m about to tell you Sonic.”

      

“You have my word Justin.”

      

“A familiar is a friend of vampires and their embraced human lovers.” Sonic’s mouth flew wide open and his eyes were frozen staring at Justin.

      

“You’re not joking with me are you?”

      

“Not at all Sonic; I have to let you know about us so when you’re around me or at my home which will happen we don’t have to hide from you. I’m the embraced human lover of a vampire going on over two years now.

      

“You don’t look a day over 16; did he rob the cradle?”

      

“I was 17 when he took me as his. My aging is frozen Sonic and I won’t age at all. There are many benefits I’ve gained being a lover to a vampire.”

      

“Is it safe for me to be around you guys?”

      

“Completely safe Sonic; they’re not what you read or see in the movies. They’re very noble people who rarely kill and then they only kill dangerous criminals. There’re plenty of willing humans who’ll give them blood and my mate lives just on mine mostly.”

      

“Are you going to be a vampire Sunshine?”

      

“No; I do have the same powers and more from my union with a very power vampire. Let me show you something I can do but again you must never tell anyone you know this.” Justin took a sheet of blank paper from his bag and crumbled it up and threw it on the floor. “Watch my eyes and the paper. Sonic looked at Justin and saw his eyes glow white hot then the paper burst into flames and turned into a tiny pile of white gray ashes.

      

“HOLY SHIT!”

      

“That’s just one of the powers I have as an embraced lover with a vampire. I weight 130 pounds. What do you weigh?”

      

“I’m almost six tall and weigh about 165 pounds.

      

“Stand up” Justin said as he and Sonic stood up. Justin grabbed his waist and easily lifted him into the air over his head and gently sat him back down. “I can lift a car the same way.”

      

“That was fucking wicked Justin. Is that all you can do?”

      

“I have very powerful senses and incredible speed. It explains what I do on a piano no normal human can do even after a lifetime of practice.”

      

“In your lyrics when you refer to master; is that your lover?”

      

“Yes, he is my master, and I am his embraced slave. When I refer to turning it means when vampires and embraced lovers breakup; the vampire turns the human into a vampire to be free to embrace again otherwise the union is forever.”

      

“Why do the other band members know this?”

      

“That’s a private matter but I can say most of the kids in this school came from backgrounds that made them familiars to vampires before coming here. You’ve already met one vampire; Auntie Em is a vampire who runs the school. The public can never know the truth about us which is why you’re sworn to secrecy now.”

      

“I won’t let you down Justin; I can keep a friend’s secret even if we part company.”

      

“Trust me; you don’t want to break this confidence or they will deal with you quickly.” Sonic swallowed on that comment. “That’s all I needed to tell you and soon you and I will spend time at my home working on band matters and you’ll meet my lover. He’s a very beautiful man and very caring too. One more thing; you’re getting a $500,000 retainer for being the band's leader and double in contract pay for your work arraigning the songs. Keep that private between just us so the others won’t get jealous.”

 

“Thanks for trusting me Justin and the extra money; I don’t want our relationship to be awkward so it’s good you told me this vampire stuff.” They shook hands and Justin and his guard left in the limo to return to Britin Estate. Once inside Justin found all the guests had arrived. His mother was feeding Gus a bottle while sitting in the living room. She looked so happy with the child in her arms.

      

“Gus is so beautiful son; you’ve given me two perfect grandsons.”

      

“Well he’s half Brian and half me too Mother. Brian’s name isn’t on the birth certificate because he feared his record trail could complicate Gus’s future since so much of it is forged documents by vampire familiars in the government. However, Brian is just as much the father as I am.

      

“I can see both of you in him too and the combination is beautiful. He’s such a happy baby and hasn’t cried once since I got here just minutes after you left to go see your band. How was your practice?”

      

“Excellent! I’ve got a great group to create the next CD with and an entirely new sound to put out there. It’s like the Beatles, Pink Floyd and me all in one with more crazy lyrics to drive the public nuts trying to figure it all out.” Justin laughed as he pondered how his new sound would be accepted in the music world.

      

“Are you too big a super star to give me a hug Sunshine?” Debbie said walking up to him and grabbing him hard burying his face in her ample boobs. Once she let go Justin took a deep breath and look at his favorite female vampire.

      

“You’re looking pale, have a bite Debbie.” Justin pulled back his very long blond hair exposing his neck and Debbie gently bit in and drew out a good two pints of the sweetest blood on earth.

      

“Thank you sweetheart; I needed that.” Debbie said kissing his cheek smearing lipstick on it.

      

“You could use some more; I’ll get Bobby to feed you too.” Justin got up and headed for the kitchen and got Bobby to come and feed Debbie as well. Once she had his blood her color was much better. “You need to let Emmett keep you well fed Deb.”

      

“I hate to bother him; he’s so busy lately with the new school and all.”

      

“It’s no trouble and he needs to take a break now and then.” Justin told her.

      

“Vic, how have you been sir?” Justin asked the older vampire.

      

“I’m fine but I have a problem brewing against me right now. It seems several of the straight vampires of Pittsburgh are getting upset having a gay Victor for the city. I’ve been formally challenged to give up the title or fight for it.” This got Brian’s attention.

      

“Who challenges you Vic?” Brian asked him.

      

“Count David, head of the straight vampires in the city. I thought we were friends but in this new conservative climate they’re acting weird all of a sudden. Frankly I don’t think I can beat him Brian and I don’t think he would be a good leader for the city. I know of some bad things his people do but I’ve looked the other way all these years.”

      

“Is this challenge by old vampire code?” Brian wondered.

      

“Yes Brian; it’ll be a fight to the death.” Justin was shocked to hear this.

      

“So if it’s by the old code you are permitted to have a defender in your place.” Brian told him.

      

“Yes but I’ll not ask anyone to fight for me.” Vic told them.

      

“I’ll fight for you if Master will let me. There’s only one vampire alive who can stop me and he’s Dracula.” Justin said.

      

“Justin can take him Vic; I know he can.” Brian said practically allowing the substitution of Justin in the fight.

      

“I can torch him and end it very quickly.” Justin said. “Can I scare him to withdraw his challenge?”

      

“He is permitted to stop his challenge before the fight begins but once the fight starts only one will walk away from it alive.” Vic said. Brian grinned; he knew what Justin was thinking.

      

“What’s his position on shape shifters Vic?” Brian wondered.

      

“He hates them and wants to rid Pittsburgh of all known shape shifters including the werewolves that live here. He’s also spread rumors I’m of low morals for sharing an embraced human with my vampire lover. I’ve been getting constant calls and emails from vampires telling me the shit he’s spreading against me. He thinks he can shame me into resigning.”

      

“What are his powers?” Justin asked.

      

“He’s very strong and an accomplished martial artist in Karate.”

      

“Sounds like I can have some fun with him. Present me as your defender. I’ll demonstrate my powers and he’d be a fool to fight me after that.” Justin said.

 

“Are you ok with this Brian? There is risk for Justin to do this.”

      

“I have no doubt Justin can kick his ass on so many levels it’s not funny. I’m fine with it and I insist you present him as your defender.” Brian told him making Justin smile. Neither he nor Brian wanted to lose Vic who was deeply loved by all of them and he was a very wise and noble leader of Pittsburgh. Bobby came into the room and announced dinner was ready for the humans who all gathered in the dining room for a major feast prepared for this occasion. Following the meal everyone sat in the living room having drinks.

      

“If I can have your attention please; there’s something about me and Justin you don’t know so before we show you, I’m going to tell you. We have animal forms now caused by me drinking the blood of Dracula. We can turn into jaguars and are invincible. I’m telling you first so you won’t be shocked when you see us.” Brian told them.

      

“Well that’s a hoot; do you purr and shed fur everywhere?” Debbie cracked a joke.

      

“The first time we made love as jaguars Justin destroyed a very good mattress.” Justin blushed causing the group to laugh. “That’s not all; Gus can change into a jaguar cub.” You could hear a pin drop in the room it was so silent after that revelation was made.

      

“Are you saying my grandson can change into a cat?” Jennifer asked.

      

“Yes, and he’s totally cute as a kitten. When we are in our cat forms we are still us on the inside and are totally safe to be around. If you’re ready and not frightened, we can demonstrate it for you.” Brian saw no one alarmed and he and Justin took baby Gus and got on the floor. Brian and Justin transformed into cats to the oohs and ahhhhhs of the group. Baby Gus shook and transformed into a cub and climbed out of his diaper and pranced up to the black jaguar pawing at his face. Brian licked him and knocked him down playfully. Jennifer was speechless but fascinated by this new development. Justin read her mind and saw no fear. He picked up baby Gus the cub in his mouth and walked to his sitting mother and placed the cub in her lap. He was so adorable Jennifer fell in love with him at once; as she petted him he began to purr real loud. Brian and Justin changed back into their human forms.

      

“Well that went well; thank you all for being so understanding about us.” Justin said.

      

“I think this is remarkable and very special. What’s not to like?” Ted asked.

      

“I broke my embracement with Melanie because she couldn’t accept a monster like Gus for her child.” Lindsay told them. They didn’t know their relationship was over until now. “Dracula became my protector and I chose to stay a human.”

       

“Well that fucking witch! He’s just a baby boy with a special talent. You’re better off without her Lindsay.” Debbie said getting her thoughts out there right away.

      

“So far Gus only changes when we do but we had to tell you so if he does change you won’t be surprised or drop him.” Justin said.

      

“I love him as a kitten but how do you get him to change back now?” Jennifer said as she rubbed his stomach playfully.

      

“I’ve trained him this way.” Justin walked over and tapped on Gus’s nose and instantly he changed back to his human baby form.

      

“That is the most precious thing I’ve ever seen. He’s incredible Justin.” Emmett was so taken by this baby who was too amazing for words.

      

“Vic, when is the challenge to occur?” Brian asked the victor.

      

“Saturday night at midnight in the forest during the full moon; I was thinking about resigning however.”

      

“And spoil our fun? He hasn’t a clue what Justin can do Vic. Accept the challenge and tell him you have a human defender to face him.”

      

“He’s going to think this will be an easy fight now.”

      

“Good; I hope he brings all his friends to watch.” Brian said with a smirk.

      

Brian sent the Learjet back to New York to bring Dracula, Jordan, and the Cullen family to attend the challenge and to support Vic and Justin. Using four stretch limos the entire gang headed to the forest for this all important historic occasion. Every gay vampire in Pittsburgh was already there with over 200 straight vampires there to support Count David in his challenge. No one spoke as Vic approached David in the center of the gathering.

      

“So you accept my challenge with a puny human to be your defender? What do you hope to gain when I kill this human?” David asked.

      

“What are you planning to gain if you win David? I’ve looked the other way as you conducted your underage brothels around the city and sold drugs to kids. You’re not an ancient and you have no political contacts outside of Pittsburgh. What makes you a better leader for our people?” Vic asked him.

      

“I don’t suck cocks, or get fucked in the ass.” All the straight vampires laughed at that comment. “I don’t make my embraced wife a whore with another vampire. I’m no friend with the werewolves and shape shifters who are cursed among us. No good vampire can change his form. It’s an abomination just like all you fags are. Who is this mighty human who dares to challenge me?”

 

“It is I, Justin Kinney the embraced; all 130 pounds of me mighty David.” Justin said standing five foot four inches tall walking up to the man standing six foot seven inches and over 250 pounds.

      

“Are you the one who will take me down little boy?”

      

“If you’re wise you will decide not to fight me after I give you a demonstration of my abilities David but first you owe an apology to shape shifters or I’m calling a normal fight to defend their honor before the real thing where you will certainly die.” Justin demanded staring at the man.

      

“Fuck you Justin Kinney and fuck you shape shifters too.” David screamed out. This pissed off several people who all shifted. Soon David was surrounded by werewolves, two deadly looking jaguars, and a bat that kept attacking his face. The straight vampires began to approach to defend their friend. Dracula shifted back and froze the vampires in their place.

      

“I will permit no interference during this fight.” Dracula said as he released his spell on the crowd.

      

“Master Dracula! What brings you to this local situation? Surely you’re against cocksucking faggots leading us.”

       

“I’m rather fond of sucking dick David and you will regret those words said to us very soon.” Dracula told him. “I was the bat attacking you; what say you to a shape shifter now?”

      

“I’m sorry Master Dracula for I cannot speak ill of our vampire father but I stand firm on all other shape shifters and my insults stand. I will not ask forgiveness from them.” Dracula smiled.

      

“Then I permit the first fight challenged by Justin without it being to the death. Do you agree to these terms?” Dracula asked David staring into his eyes.

      

“I’ll do it so he learns what I can do to him and withdraws before I have to kill him.” David answered him. Dracula walked up to Justin and spoke loud enough for everyone to hear him.

      

“Fuck him up.”

      

In a flash Justin punched David sending him sailing backwards thirty feet against a tree breaking it at the trunk he hit it so hard. David’s jaw hurt from the powerful punch he wasn’t expecting and realized this little human boy was not to be underestimated. He got up and raced to Justin going into his Karate stance. Justin just stood there looking at him not taking a defensive position. David attempted a complex karate series of blows which Justin deflected swiftly not allowing one punch to reach him. When David attempted a spinning heel kick to Justin head he grabbed his foot and swung the huge vampire around and around and slammed him hard on the ground covering his face in dirt.

      

“How the fuck did you get so strong little man?” David asked in shocked realizing he was up against the most powerful human he had ever met. He walked up to Justin and stared into his eyes putting him into a vampire trance. Justin felt the trance in time to transform into his jaguar form and pounced on the shocked vampire biting his arm and making him bleed. He snapped at his face and got off him and transformed back to his human form.

      

“I haven’t begun to show you my power David. Now apologize or I will as Dracula asked me to; fuck you up.” Justin told him with confidence. “Say I’m sorry for insulting shape shifters or I’m going to hand you your arm.” David was shocked his skin was broken by the jaguar Justin and believed he could take off his arm.

      

“I’m sorry I insulted shape shifters.” David said. “Now we fight to the death.”

      

“Fine, if you still want to after this little demonstration.” Justin walked over and picked up a huge rock about 3 feet wide and set it down in front of David. “If you fight and refuse to end your challenge against Master Vic, you are this rock.” Justin looked at the rock; his eyes glowed white hot and the giant granite like bounder glowed bright red and melted down like lava into a puddle of molten rock. The heat was so intense David and his friends had to back away from it.

      

“VAMPIRE KILLER! You’re not a fair match for this challenge. I demand to fight Vic.”

      

“By our code you accepted the human defender and all powers are fair play in the fight. You have no choice David but to withdraw your challenge or face Justin to the death.” Dracula told him. David knew he was beat. No way could he defend himself against a fire starter. With Dracula here he couldn’t cheat or bring in his friends to help him takeover Pittsburgh and kill the gay vampires as they had planned to do. There were also other vampires; out of town witnesses who could make trouble for him later.

      

“I withdraw my challenge to be Victor of Pittsburgh.” David said.

      

“I order you to leave Pittsburgh within 24 hours or I’ll call a blood hunt on your life.” Vic told him. “You will close all your teenage brothels and free the young girls.”

 

“And put them in the streets? At least I get them medical care and feed them.”

      

“How many girls do you have David?” Justin asked.

      

“Over a hundred at least;” the defeated gangster straight vampire said.

      

“Take them to the Sunshine Foundation Campus; I’ll take them all in.” Justin said.

      

“Your school is for gays Justin; do you want to do this?” Vic asked.

      

“I guess we accept straights now. My gay kids need to learn how to live among straight people too.”

      

With all matters settled; everyone headed back to the city and Vic's position was never challenged again.