Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Just before getting into the limo Justin felt his hip pocket and noticed something.

     

“I forgot my wallet; I’ll be right back.” Justin told Portia now waiting in the limo downstairs in the garage. Justin got back on the elevator and headed to the top floor. He entered his apartment and looked in his bedroom finding no wallet. Then he checked the pants he wore last night in the dirty clothes hamper and still the wallet was missing. He checked the tables, the bathroom, the living room, the sofa cushions; finally he remembered sitting in the rocker with baby Lee this morning and wondered if it fell out of his pants in the nursery. Justin went and opened the door to Ellen and Portia’s condo and heard a voice that wasn’t familiar.

     

“Well we both get a treat Jane; I smell a pure purple blooded snack for me inside and Bella’s in here. I can tell the half vampire girl is here too.” Justin remembered reading about a Jane member of the Volturi in the novels. He closed the door and pulled out his cell phone and speed dialed Dr. Cullen.

     

“Hello Justin”

 

“Carlisle I just heard a man with an accent talk to a Jane in the entryway of Ellen and Portia’s condo. He wants to drink my baby and they want Bella and Reneesmee. I don’t know how many are here.”     

“Watch the situation and try not to engage them alone; Jane can incapacitate you. We’ll be right up and come in your unit.” Carlisle ended the call, called Dracula and got the family members headed to Brian and Justin’s condo. Justin ran over and opened the door for them. The Cullens raced up the fire escape but not the one with four guards of the Volturi were standing by awaiting orders from Jane telepathically. Justin used his mind to look inside the condo and see the man and woman very slowly walk toward the back of the apartment were the nursery was located. Then he got an idea and speed dialed Bella.     

“Close and lock your door now! Jane’s in the house.” With vampire speed Bella closed and locked the nursery door. She knew if would only buy seconds but if Justin knew they were here, he would tell others to help them. Jane showing up was Bella’s greatest fear. She was by far the most dangerous of the Volturi. When he saw in his mind Demetri kick in the nursery room door he raced to the scene. He stood in the doorway and watched Demetri reach into the crib.     

“I’m the father and my blood is more pure and purple too. Spare my baby and you can have me.” Justin said in a pleading voice.     

“Sunshine! You’re on my kill list too; you’ve gone too far exposing the vampire world in your songs.” Demetri said as he slowing approached Justin in the door way. Justin stepped back slowly but didn’t run. He wanted to get Demetri as far as possible from his baby.     

“Justin, don’t do it. He’ll still kill us and the baby.” Bella yelled to him. Once Justin figured enough distance was made from the crib he hollered out:     

“Terminus per incendia mother fucker!” Justin’s eyes glowed white and Demetri burst into flames screaming. Jane was horrified and instantly made Justin feel great pain by her gift and he fell down and was shaking on the floor in overwhelming agony. Jane called for the four Volturi guards to join her in the potential combat. After seeing a flame starter in action she didn’t know what to expect. Bella raised her shield around Justin ending Jane’s torture spell; just as Jane noticed Bella was distracted she ran to the crib grabbing up the baby boy in her arms. Justin stood up in horror staring at the vampire Volturi now holding his infant son in her arms tightly.     

“Burn me and you burn your child, Sunshine.” Just as the four Volturi guards came in the front door the Cullens came in through the condo’s middle door and all hell broke loose. Emmett and Jasper raced up and engaged the guards in hand to hand combat. Alice and Rosalie joined in the fight buying time for Dracula to arrive. In a sudden flash of light Dracula appeared just outside the nursery behind Justin. He calmly walked around the worried father and stared Jane in the eyes.     

“COUNT DRACULA! What have you to do with these humans? This is not your concern.” Jane shouted at the father of vampires who she feared deeply.     

“That is my great nephew in your arms and you will hand him to me if you wish to live.” Dracula told her in a calm deadly voice of certainty.      

“Not until we are outside in our cars will I give over the child.” Jane said defiantly.     

“Be ready to catch the baby Justin.” Dracula whispered just loud enough for Justin to hear him. Dracula raised his hand and gripped a fist. Jane released the baby and grabbed her throat as Justin raced vampire speed over and caught his baby boy mid-air before he hit the carpeted floor. Although gripped at the neck by the power of Dracula Jane attempted to spell the most ancient vampire with pain.

“That tickles Jane; is that the best you got?” Dracula dragged her outside to the living room where the Cullens had subdued the Volturi guards now sitting on the marble floor. “She meant to harm your child which gives you the right Justin. Justin looked at her, pointed his finger for certainty and gave the Latin command again:     

“Terminus per incendia!” Jane screamed as she burst into flames and seconds later was a pile of crematory ashes on the stone floor. The Volturi guards were horrified they would be next.     

“Count Dracula, we had no idea these people were your family. We were only obeying Jane’s orders. We would never come against your family great one.” The leader of the guards told Dracula hoping to save their lives.    

“Did these men harm any of you?” Dracula asked the Cullens.     

“These pussies were easy. Alice even kicked one of their asses. They didn’t lay a glove on us.” Emmett said.     

“You Volturi guards will live to witness to your superiors what you saw today; tell Aro to disband the Volturi or I’ll declare a global blood honor mission to rid the world of all Volturi. If my sources tell me this is not done in 30 days I will attack Volterra, Italy and end you all.” Dracula said. “Frank, can you save the ashes of Jane and Demetri in plastic bags?”     

“Sure Count; I’ll grab the bags and my portable dust buster to pick them up.” The houseboy said. Minutes later he had the bags with black marker labels saying what ashes are who and handed them to the guard’s leader.     

“By attacking the peaceful Cullens again, and putting Sunshine on a death contract has gone too far. By my word the Volturi or finished one way or another. Here is my card and phone number should Aro wish to talk to me but my decision is final. You may let them go Emmett. Leave this city at once and do not return or it will be your last act as a vampire.” Emmett and Jasper stood back and allowed the guards to stand up and walk out of the condo front door.     

“Aro will not stand for this. You have started a global blood war Dracula.” Carlisle said after the men left the room.     

“There is something you’re not aware of; the end of the Volturi has been planned for some time and we were only waiting for the right moment to set things into motion.  I have an army of vampires ready to attack the Volturi in Volterra, Italy on my command and many are part of their organization. Within 24 hours every vampire in the world will learn of the attack on Justin’s baby and the Cullens; this will finish once and for all the reputation of the Volturi in the world. By losing Jane and  Demetri they are greatly  weakened.      

“Brian’s going to have a shit fit when he finds out what happened. He’ll go after them his self for putting a hit on me.” Justin said.     

“I’ll talk to Brian and make him see reason. The Volturi must be taken down by large numbers attacking for there are far too many of them otherwise. I know what Aro will do; he’ll gather all the vampires he can to Volterra, Italy for a major battle attempting to draw me to him. The number of vampires will make it impossible to keep them hidden from the humans causing a massive witch hunt for vampires giving him a great headache. While he expects a major assault from me and my forces, he’ll be distracted by the humans hunting vampires and my secret forces within the Volturi will systematically take them out very methodically. Once their army is weakened I’ll put such a contract on Aro’s head every vampire in Europe will be after him. It should be great fun for me. Members of Aro’s personal guard will be tempted by my contract amount.  Once Aro is dead, there’ll be no more Volturi or contracts on us. This isn’t the frist time I’ve had to change vampire politics in history. Excuse me but I have some important phone calls to make now. If my best plans work out this will all be over very soon.” Dracula then quietly stepped to a corner of the room to set his plans into motion.     

“I  would not want to get him on my bad side.” Emmett said smiling. “Who’s going to govern the vampires once the Volturi are taken down?”     

“Another governing body will be created by another major clan or group of clans. For centuries we governed our own without the Volturi needed. They have no reason to come to America for just that reason. We take care of our own here.” Jordan said just walking into the conversation.     

“My people who will take down the Volturi will establish a new government of vampires worldwide based with morals and principles we have drifted from under the Italian royality. Eventually we can establish it a crime to kill innocent humans again in Europe.” Dracula said as he pondered the possible future for vampires without the Volturi in charge.     

“Does anyone have a clue how they got in here; the building and the condo?” Justin asked.     

“The fire escapes are open and access is easy. We can’t lock them due to the fire code.” Jordan said. “As for the front door, was it locked?” Justin walked over and looked for forced entry evidence finding none.     

“We may have left it unlocked. We don’t worry about our neighbors here so locking the doors didn’t seem necessary. Not that it would stop a vampire who wanted to get in  anyway.” Justin realized and spoke his thoughts outloud. “I’m ordering new doors that are vampire proof solid steel with steel frames that can’t be broken into. My child will be safe.”

“I’ve taken the interest off of you and the Cullens and made me the target of the Volturi now. They have to end me to stop the blood honor mission against them. I’m not worried because the Volturi are cowards and won’t return to this city except in great numbers and that’s very unlikely for our numbers here are great as well. They’ll be too concerned how I’ll attack them in Italy.” Dracula assured the new father. “I made it a point to say I’m coming to them in 30 days.”     

“I want the doors anyway Count. A lone kidnapper could try to take my child for ransom. Any possible cases of possibilities could happen and I want to prepare for them.” Portia came into the room seeing everyone there wondering what was keeping Justin so long looking for his wallet.     

“You just left me waiting in the limo without a word Justin? What’s going on?”      

“The Volturi paid us a visit and things got a little dicey here for a while until Dracula and the Cullens came to help me.”    

“My baby!” Portia ran to the nursery to see the boy sleeping in his crib like nothing had happened holding his vampire teddy bear next to him. She gently brushed back his baby hair while watching him sleep.     

“Because you killed Jane and Demetri I believe Aro might still try to harm you Justin in revenge for their lives. Jane was a favorite of Aro; he won’t take the news of her ending by fire very well. You need to be very careful until I’ve eliminated him.” Dracula said.  “Perhaps those doors are a good idea after all. Do you have excellent protection in Pittsburgh?”     

“I only have human guards for fans and such. This is the first time I’ve faced this level of a threat. I’ll probably stay here in my condo fortress until Aro is taken care of. How long can that be?”     

“If my killers are lucky he’ll be gone in a matter of hours.” Dracula informed him.     

“I’m going to hire ten powerful vampires to protect us Justin. They’ll be on duty within the hour.” Jordan said pulling out his cell phone and making a call.

“I have a contractor to call and get here right now.” Justin went toward his condo to use the house phone and find the number he needed.      

“We should stand by until the reenforcements show up and the doors are installed.” Emmett told his family members. They all agreed with him not to leave the new friends alone now.     

“Some of us are going to have to hunt soon.”     

“These are special times. You  can partially feed off the humans here; my servants and Justin’s Frank the houseboy is most delicious.” Jordan said.     

“We would rather not if we can avoid it Jordan.” Carlisle said for his family. “It would especially be difficult for Jasper to taste human blood and have to stop drinking it all over again. He had a very difficult time stopping before.” Dracula finished his call just as Brian walked into the room sensing something was wrong.     

“I heard Justin on the phone orderning vampire proof doors, what happened here?” Draculat took Brian into the dining room for a private conversation not to let his alarm effect everyone else who were just beginning to calm down from the ordeal. Minutes later Brian and Dracula came back into the room.     

“Jordon, may we borrow your jet for a few days.” Brian asked.    

 “Of course; I hope you don’t plan to go alone after the Volturi.” Jordan warned him.     

“He won’t be alone; how many seats does your jet have?” Dracula asked.     

“Thrity can be seated Count.”

 

 

 

  “Then I’ll gather thenty eight more vampires to join us. I know some with very interesting gifts to join this party and with my forces in Italy we’ll be unstoppable. I agree with Brian the element of surprise can be in our favor and we can stop Aro before he can mount a defensive posture. I don’t have to honor 30 days.” Dracula said.    

“You’re taking a flame starter with you if you plan on going at all.” Justin demanded.