Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Jennifer, Molly, Kelly McDonald, and Charles Tucker were visiting Justin, Brian, Ellen, Portia and young Kiernan Ayden Lee Kinney in the New York condo at Uber Tower. Kelly and Charles were amazed at the vampire-safe windows allowing them to see direct sunlight again.

     

“I want to change some windows at home to have this feature.” Tucker told his wife.

     

“The glass is $25,000 per square foot plus installation Charles. Keep that in mind as you remodel.” Brian told him.

     

“It’s worth every penny Brian; this is amazing to see the sun like this.”

     

“There’s only one son I want to see today and it’s my grandson.” Jennifer said. Justin and Portia led her to the girl’s condo door and into the nursery room. Ayden Lee was sleeping peacefully when they entered the room however he realized they were there and woke up to see what was going on. Jennifer looked at the baby who looked so much like Justin did as an infant with natural blond hair, and the bluest of eyes you ever saw on a child. The baby looked at his grandmother for the first time and smiled an inherited sunshine smile that grabbed her heart.

     

“He looks just like you Justin when you were a baby. May I hold him?”

     

“Of course Mother” Justin motioned for her to pick him up. Jennifer took the infant into her arms and instantly fell in love with him. Portia gave her a fresh bottle of warm breast milk so she could feed him. Jennifer sat in a rocking chair in the nursery and fed the precious child gazing lovingly into his eyes the whole time. Ayden stared at his grandmother as he consumed the bottle completely.

     

“It seems he has your appetite Justin. I had no trouble feeding you when you were just born either.” Jennifer said smiling at her beautiful grandson. Justin got Portia’s camera and recorded this first moment between his mother and grandson. He planned to paint it and give it to his mother as a gift. The front door bell ranged and Portia wondered who that could be. She turned on the monitor of the camera outside and saw Jordan with another vampire and a blond boy she didn’t know. She opened the door trusting Jordan to only bring good company.

     

“Hello Jordan, come in everyone.” Portia motioned for the arriving guests to enter the condo.

     

“I present our new neighbors Count Dracula Vlad Tepes and his embraced Misha.” Jordan introduced them to the new mother. Portia was stunned as she only heard of Dracula mention by Ellen and that the boys met him; he was the oldest living vampire today and was considered the father of all vampires. Ellen walked in and instantly recognized the famous Count.

     

“Count Dracula; I’m honored you should visit us.” Ellen said with respect to the ancient one.

     

“Ms. Ellen, I’m very fond of your programs; you speak to us and the human world hasn’t a clue you do it. This is my embraced Misha whom I’ve been with over a thousand years. We’re here in hopes to see the newest member of your family and I have a gift for him. In a manner of speaking he’s a distant nephew as Brian is related to me.” Count Dracula told Ellen and Portia.

     

“Welcome to the neighborhood and the family Count; everyone is with the baby now; this way please.” Ellen and Portia led the guests to the nursery. Dracula walked up and shook Justin’s hand.

     

“You look like a very happy father Justin; here is a little gift for your boy. It’s safe for him to chew on and all that.” Dracula handed a box to Justin who opened it. Inside was the cutest vampire teddy bear he ever saw.

     

“HA! This is perfect Count. Thank you so much. He’s going to love it.” Justin said looking at the little teddy bear with fangs. “He might as well get use to vampires being around at a very young age.”  Justin placed the teddy bear in the crib. Everyone watch as Jennifer continued to feed the infant boy. The child never took his eyes off his grandmother gazing at him, smiling and cooing for him.

     

“Misha and I have moved in downstairs one floor from you. We’ll spend several months here in New York now. I’ve longed to get more acquainted with your modern ways and this city is perfect to explore them. We have friends who moved in also. A series of books were written about them in fiction of course. Have you heard of the Cullens?”

     

“Are you referring to the vampires in the Twilight series of books by Mrs. Myers?” Justin asked.

     

“Yes, they’re the family the story’s based on. They really do only eat animal blood. A most unusual group and very interesting people; I personally turned Dr. Cullen myself in the 1600s. Stephanie Myers is a familiar friend of theirs and got permission to tell their story. It makes for excellent fiction when in fact it’s mostly factual except for some parts.” Dracula told the new father. “We can’t give away our entire secrets son.”

     

“So there really is a group called the Volturi in Italy?” Justin asked.

     

“Oh yes and they do dominate vampire societies and covens with an iron fist. The difference is we don’t usually kill humans here in America where they have no care for human life in Europe. They’re very old country and consider humans to be like cattle and only a food source. They frown on embracement but they respect the embraced usually if it suits them.”

     

“Since all the vampires I know are so noble and kind I find it difficult to imagine them.”

     

“It would be best to have no dealings with the Volturi. Being embraced would buy you very little protection Justin.” Dracula warned him. “They would treasure your blood and drain you without a second thought about it.” Justin shivered at that comment.

     

“I’ve grown very powerful from Brian’s seed and blood Dracula; could I defend myself against the Volturi?”

     

“You would be a formidable foe for them. However many of them have special powers to render you helpless. It would be best not to seek them out on any level and to avoid them.”

     

Justin heard a tiny voice in his head say “gas” and it caught him by surprise. He looked at his son’s eyes and realized he sent the mental message.

     

“Justin I heard a child’s voice say gas in my head just now.” Portia said.

 

“I also heard it and I’m certain little Lee is the one who said it. He took the baby from his mother and placed a towel on his shoulder, he placed the infant on the towel and patted the baby until the little boy burped loudly and giggled.

     

“Four days old and he giggles?” Portia was amazed at this development. Justin placed the baby in his crib and gave him the vampire teddy bear.

     

“Mine!” Justin and Portia heard in their minds. There was no doubt this child could telepathically tell his thoughts and had a vocabulary obtained from the womb. “Love vampire teddy bear” the boy thought out loud.

     

“It’s true, I can hear him too Justin.” Dracula said. “Embraced parents often create the most amazing children on earth. Even now he’s learning more words.”

     

“I wonder what kind of range this telepathy has for us to hear.” Justin pondered.

     

“If it’s anything like the telepathy between Misha and I there is no range Justin. Ours developed over many centuries however so perhaps his power will grow with him.”

     

“Are the Cullens in the building now Dracula?” Justin asked him.

     

“Yes; they moved in today. They love the city despite having to travel so far to hunt in the New York western forest.”

     

“We should have everyone at our place tonight for a get together. Our houseboy can cook for the humans, and I’ll play for the new neighbors if they would like that.”

     

“That’s a marvelous idea Justin. What time should I bring them over?”

     

“Let’s start at seven Count. That’ll give our houseboy Frank time to prepare a meal for us humans first and get that out of the way. Are there any humans with the Cullens?”

     

“One, a teenage girl that hates human food but will eat because she has to; she a very rare child born from a vampire father, and a mortal mother.”

     

“I didn’t know such a birth was possible. I remember reading about her. I look forward to meeting them sir. I need to tell Frank to cook for seven people tonight; excuse me.” Justin left and went to his condo to tell Frank of the pending dinner guests and group coming over tonight.

   

Later in Brian and Justin’s condo…

 

“Everyone I’d like to introduce our new neighbors the Cullens. This is doctor Carlisle Cullen, a surgeon and head of the family, his wife Esme, and their adoptive children are Edward and his wife Bella with their daughter Reneesmee, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper and Alice. This is their friend Jacob who is imprinted for Reneesmee, a werewolf as you can smell but a most trusted friend. Cullens and Jacob this is Brian Kinney and his embraced lover Justin Kinney.”     

“I’m very familiar with your music Justin. I find your piano compositions challenging for me. I’ve had many hours of fun studying them.” Edward said shaking Sunshine’s hand.     

“Thank you Edward, and I’ve certainly enjoyed reading about your relationship with Bella; it’s an amazing love story.”     

“Most of it is true with some key vampire secrets left out or made misleading for the human public. Everything happened as written however.” Edward told Justin.     

“So Carlisle, what brings you to New York to live?” Brian asked the surgeon.     

“We love the city, the plays, the museums, the sites, and this building is most impressive. We have several homes and decided we wanted one here too. We won’t be here on a constant basis; we’ll live at other locations we like as well but will visit often. The vampire safety glass is very nice here.” The head of the Cullen clan explained. “I also believe a condominium in this building is an excellent investment.”     

“We have every luxury imaginable. Shopping, barber, beauty parlor, gym, indoor swimming pool, travel center, investment brokers; frankly I can’t remember all the extras that come with living here.” Brian said to the attractive doctor Cullen.     

“We still have concerns for the Volturi and like the heightened state of security of this building and the vampire floors with a private elevator is important.” Carlisle shared with Brian.     

“I thought you reached a state of peace with them.”     

“Some of the Volturi are not so accepting to have lost the battle and might seek revenge. They’ve never lost to a clan before until now. They’re still very interested in getting their hands on Reneesmee. My daughter Alice can see the future and watches them constantly; however, they’re aware of her gift and could plot around it. We feel very safe living here.”    

“You need to let me and Jordan know of any potential danger to this building or the city Carlisle. You’re our neighbors now and we’ll defend you but we must be kept informed.”     

“Likewise we shall ally with you in a time of need Brian. Should you need a doctor I’m next door to Dracula’s condo. I’ll also be working shifts at Bellevue Hospital with the surgical teams.”     

“Dinner is ready everyone.” Frank announced to the group. The seven humans headed to the dining room as the vampires stayed in the living room to chat. Soon the meal was over and everyone gathered in the piano room to listen to Sunshine perform several songs. Reneesmee could not help be see the similarity of imprinting and embracement for both ended the same way in a lifetime commitment with the love of your life. Following Justin performing, Edward played one of his favorite songs he created to everyone’s enjoyment. Then the party went back to the living room for more conversation.     

“It’s an old world custom for newly acquainted vampires to show each other their gifts or special talents. Let me start with my favorite one.” Dracula stood up and vanished in thin air. He then walked back into the room from the dining room area. “And this one comes in handy during rush hour traffic.” Dracula then transformed into a bat and flew around the room he landed on his chair, and transformed back to his human form.     

“I don’t have any special powers but I do use my enhanced vampire powers to be a better doctor and surgeon. Sometimes I can see injuries.” Carlisle Cullen told the group. 

“I also have no special powers but the love in my heart.”  Esme Cullen said.     

“I can read people’s minds except for Bella for some strange reason.” Edward Cullen shared. “Justin you’re wondering if you should share your special gift with us.”     

“That’s true; I was just thinking that.” Justin said shocked that Edward picked it up.     

“I can create a shield to protect me or others from any vampire powers. “ Bella Cullen said. “I’m shielding Justin now. Justin, think of something new and Edward try to see it.”     

“I’m drawing a total blank.” Edward said.     

“Good because what I was thinking would’ve been most embarrassing for me.” Justin grinned.     

“They say I’m a viewer; I can show you things I’ve seen.” Reneesmee the teenage girl walked up to Brian and touched his face and showed him her favorite place on the beach of Hawaii.     

“I see a beach and beautiful sundown.” Brian said.     

“It’s a home we have in Hawaii Brian.”      

“I have no special power but loving my Emmett.” Rosalie Cullen said.     

“I don’t have any special power except being very strong.” Emmett Cullen told them. Justin wondered how strong he was.     

“They call me an emotion controller. I can change a person’s emotions.” Jasper Cullen said. He looked at Justin and sent the suggestion to become giddy. Justin busted out laughing surprising everyone.     

“They call me a future viewer. I can sometimes see the future but it changes as people change their minds.” Alice Cullen said. “I see you creating a rock band soon Justin.”      

“That’s right; I’m meeting with musicians in two weeks when I go back to Pittsburgh.”     

“My only powers are normal vampire powers of strength, senses, and speed.” Brian said.     

“I have the ability to pick winning stocks but I’m not sure it’s a vampire power.” Charles Tucker said.     

“I can turn into a werewolf but you have probably seen that before.” Jacob said.     

“Sometimes I see the future but I don’t control the visions.” Cajsa said.     

“I have many tricks but this one is my favorite.” Jordan pointed at Justin and lifted him out of his chair into the air with his mental power of telekinesis then gently placed him back down again. “It makes for some interesting nights of lovemaking.”     

“Justin, go ahead and show them your power.” Brian said. Justin went and got a large pan and crumbled a piece of paper and placed it inside it. He said the Latin command and burned up the paper in one hot second.    

“That’s a very rare gift and very powerful.” Dr. Cullen said.      

“They call me a flame starter.” Justin said. I’m also very strong for an embraced human lover.     

“Well your house isn’t a wreck so your strength doesn’t happen when making love. I’ve destroyed three houses making out. That’s how strong I am.” Emmett said. This pissed Justin off.     

“You’re twice my size but that can fool you. Would you like to arm wrestle me?” Justin challenged the arrogant vampire.

“If you promise not to cry when I beat you;” Emmett said.     

“That goes both ways Emmett.” Justin grinned.     

“I’ll bet $1,000 on Emmett with anyone who wants it.” Rosalie offered. Cajsa, Jordan, Brian, Frank, Misha and Dracula all took her up on the bet. Everyone proceeded to the dining room and the contestants took their seats in the chairs and got locked in the start position.     

“On the count of three; one, two…” Emmett got the jump on Justin and tried to slam his arm on the table but Justin read his mind and saw it coming. He allowed Emmett to take his arm to an inch off the table but held him there. Justin was grinning and Emmett was straining. For a solid minute Justin just held the position; then he yawned and slowly began to move his arm up to center while Emmett was giving it all he had. Justin looked at the Cullen vampire, winked at him and slammed his arm on the table so hard it cracked.     

“I’ll have to go to the condo for more cash. I’ll be right back.” Rosalie told the group. Emmett was red in the face with embarrassment for losing to such a small human. Justin didn’t want to get off on a bad foot with his new neighbors so he changed the subject.     

“I’ve got a really great workout gym made for vampire and embraced power and strength and I’m on it constantly. Let me show it to you Emmett. He motioned for Emmett to follow him and the vampire appreciated the chance to leave the room for a change of scenery. They walked into the gym room and Justin set the bench press for 9,000 pounds. He got on the bench and pressed five times the thick solid bar. Justin got up and Emmett tried and couldn’t even budge it. Justin lowered it to 5,000 and Emmett was able to raise the bar one time but not twice.     

“You’re at 5000 pounds now. I was doing 9,000 first. Let me dropped it to 3,000 and you can do a training set.” Justin adjusted the machine and Emmett could with effort now bench press the bar over and over.    

“How high can this thing go?”     

“Eighteen thousand pounds of torque pressure so I can handle half the load. I’ve had it for a long time and I work out almost daily.”     

“I’ve got to get me one of these gyms; do you have the information on how to buy it?”     

“I have a brochure in my office. I’ll go get it for you.” Justin left the gym room smiling and happy not to have made an enemy of the new vampire.      

For the next several days everyone became good friends and the Cullens fit right into the Uber Tower crowd. When word got out that Dracula bought a condo there the value of the remaining units skyrocketed as bidding began for the final units. Uber Tower became the place to live for the uber rich and the richest of vampires for the top two floors with a private elevator only for them. There was a second elevator that could reach the floor too but a person had to enter a keycode to make the elevator stop at those floors. There was 24 hour security and a manned front desk screening guests coming and leaving the building. On the first floor were all the necessary places one could need: a bank, hair salon, investment office, grocery store, wine and liquor store, travel agency that also sold Broadway tickets, and even a car service. Residents didn’t have to leave the building and deliveries could be sent up to a condo from any store. Justin loved the convenience and found he wasn’t missing Pittsburgh at all except for his friends there.

“Well it’s about time you took me shopping for baby clothes Justin; it’s your duty as the father to take me there and help me choose outfits.” Portia said to Justin who was finishing giving Lee a new diaper and placing him back into his crib. Somehow everyone was more comfortable calling the new baby Lee as it was short and easy and it pleased Portia to no end.     

“Here’s my cell phone number if you have any problems and Dr. Cullen said he’d be home today if you need him for anything.” Justin told Bella and Reneesmee who agreed to baby sit the infant while mom and dad went shopping together. Ellen was filming a show, and Brian was out doing some business with Jordan considering another investment in the city. Justin and Portia left and entered the elevator to go to a waiting limo in the underground garage.     

Demetri, the powerful tracker with the Volturi and Jane, the vampire who could make someone feel like they were being electrocuted exited the top floor fire escape stairs following the scent of Bella’s blood. Jane was hell bent to revenge her defeat in Washington by the Cullen clan. Soon they were at the door to Ellen and Portia’s condo. Demetri found the door to be unlocked and slowly cracked it open. He was struck by the odor of pure purple blood inside the condo as well as the smell of Bella near.

 

“Well we both get a treat Jane; I smell a pure purple blooded snack for me inside and Bella’s in here. I can tell the half vampire girl is here too.” Slowly they opened the door not seeing anyone in the entry area and silently they entered the condo.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
JPEG Image