Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

“Daniel, what just happened?”

“Justin changed his mind. He doesn’t want to hire you to surrogate the child.”

“What did I do wrong?”

“I think when you brought up marriage he freaked out. I can see his side of it; they’re like my parents and how does it look for me to get married and promise my first born to them in the process? That might be too strange even for my family. Legally it’s a nightmare for them; your parents could have more rights to our child then they would even with an agreement. We didn’t think this through well enough. The question remains; how does this affect us now?”

“I’m feeling upset. I better go home.”

“Are we going to date Angela?”

“Call me next weekend. Let me get over the shock of Justin changing his mind. I have to get my head wrapped around this somehow.”

“I’ll be free next Saturday night after I study all day. See you then hopefully.”

“Yeah, see you then Daniel.” Angela left the house without as much as a handshake, hug or peck on the cheek with Daniel. The gesture was not unnoticed by him. After she left Justin walked downstairs.

“I suppose you want an explanation for why I changed my mind.”

“I have a pretty good idea already Daddy Justin.”

“Are you two going to still see each other?”

“My gut feeling is no; I don’t think she’s still interested in me now.”

“My primary concern is for you Daniel. If I had gone alone with this plan of you getting married to make us a baby; I’d be supporting you getting married without being in love. I wouldn’t be buying us a surrogate; I’d be buying you a wife whose intentions go beyond having a child. Love doesn’t work that way and it would be a doomed marriage. I won’t help you enter a doomed relationship if I can see it coming in advance. I realized tonight both of you are too young to make such an agreement for marriage. I couldn’t be a good parent and put you in that situation.”

“It was pretty crazy now that I think about it. I don’t know why I agreed to it.”

“We’re better off if you deposit your sperm at the hospital and we freeze it for now. I’ll find another surrogate who is more mature and amendable to our agreement without her being immature and wanting more than what we offer. I’m not going to be looking at high school seniors anymore. We got lucky with Misty being a perfect choice as Jon’s fag hag who loved him enough to do this for us but she wasn’t in love with him or trying to be.”

“So you still want a baby but not with Angela now?”

“That’s correct. She was putting us in a bad position for trouble down the road. She wasn’t doing it intentionally; she wasn’t aware how bad it was for us in that kind of an arrangement and how toxic such a marriage would be for you. I’m not going to encourage you to marry when I’m almost certain of divorce in the near future. Then when she divorces you the fight over the child happens and the mother has the upper hand in court unless you can prove her unfit. We would have lost the child and the money paid to her. I’m not saying that’s what she was going to do; I’m saying that’s what she could do. Plus, I don’t think a married couple can conceive naturally and by being a surrogate give up a child in this state. It doesn’t meet the definition of surrogate mother here legally.”

“What does daddy Brian say about all this?”

“He told me if I hadn’t stopped it he was going to. We both foresaw trouble with that arrangement.”

“Well when I asked if we would still go out she gave me a “call me” brush off I think. I thought she liked me Justin.”

“She’s probably just shocked I ended the agreement. I think she does like you, but I changed the game pulling the surrogate agreement off the table. If she wants to see you now it won’t be for the baby or the money.”

“I’m not so sure I want to see her now. What was I thinking agreeing with her?”

“In all your genius you’re still a horny 16 year old boy curious to explore your sexuality. This is all quite normal for you but it won’t be done this way with her under those surrogate terms.”

“You may have saved my first heart break.”

“I probably saved us all a heart break Daniel. I just came down to make sure you’re ok. This has not been an easy night for you. Are you going to call Angela next weekend?”

“I don’t think so; my intuition says she’s not interested in me anymore. I don’t want to be rejected by her so it might be best to avoid her.” Justin hugged his son and left for bed. Daniel stayed up and drank a beer then retired himself. Surprisingly he was able to go right to sleep without any stress or worry.

The next morning was a Sunday and it was common for a Sunday brunch to follow waking up a bit later than usual at the Kinney household. Justin, Daniel and the houseboys ate a hearty meal rich with conversation having nothing to do with Angela or having a baby. As they were talking Justin realized how much Daniel was still a young teenager despite his genius status. The thought of being a father at his age was too much to place on him. There was so much for him to learn and so much more growing up for him to do. As Justin studied his son closely he recalled his conversation with Brian in bed last night:

“Why do you want another child Justin?”

“Perhaps I like how it stops the boredom of immortality for me. I’m beginning to understand what you meant about how the years staying alive at the same age has its drawbacks. We’re frozen in time and life become so predictable and common; somehow living becomes so boring and plain. When we have a child we focus on that new life and forget our immortality and the boredom it causes. We can watch the child grow up and get involved in that life to pass the time with a good reason to exist.”

“Ok, what do we do when after a couple of hundred years of raising kids and you get bored with that?”

“Let’s worry about that when we get there Brian.”

As Justin watched Daniel and listened to him at the brunch table he pondered how different each of his children has been. Since each child was so unique he didn’t think he would ever get tired of raising kids; he didn’t think he would get bored with immortality either and now he realizes he has to a degree started to see what Brian meant when he said living forever isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. Yet Justin felt his destiny was raising more children.

“Daniel, before you head back to Atlanta today I’d like for you to go to the hospital first. Go make a deposit for the family’s future.”

“Can I get a million bucks and visitation rights?”

“You can keep your credit card and I’ll continue to pay your bills; deal?”

“Deal; I’m only joking. I already agreed to do it for you. Maybe you should find a surrogate and leave my identity out of it. It shouldn’t be too hard to do it that way.”

“I’m not in any hurry to do it; I just want to have it on hand sort of like insurance for the future. I mean God forbid you have an accident and we have to turn you or something and we never collected it.”

“Is someone going to meet me there for this duty?”

“I have a friend in the fertility clinic that’ll come in on Sunday and set you up and store it.  Is two this afternoon ok for you?”

“Yeah, that’s good. I usually don’t leave Kinneyville until after five anyway. That way I don’t get into Atlanta too late to be comfortable.” Justin finished his meal and left the room to make the phone call setting up an appointment with his friend and Daniel at the hospital clinic for two that afternoon. He told Daniel the arrangements were made. Brian overheard Justin and Daniel talking and figured out what Justin was doing. Quietly he was excited at the prospect of another baby in the house. Fatherhood was the best thing Brian had experienced next to loving Justin in all his many years alive both human and born into darkness. It was never a dull moment with a kid in the house. Both Justin and Brian enjoyed the weekend visits of Daniel from medical school even if they don’t see much of him studying in his room most of the weekend.

Justin got the phone call that the sperm harvest was successful and now safely stored and frozen. His next job was to find a suitable surrogate for their situation. He decided to take a different approach. After getting the ok from Brian, Justin set up to fly to Pittsburgh Monday afternoon and stay at the loft for a few days. He packed three suits of clothes and Brian drove him to their plane. Justin was flying solo to Pittsburgh since it was such a short hop of a flight.

Justin landed at Pittsburgh and taxied to the private jet area. He had made arrangements for a rental car to be waiting for him and soon he was in the loft putting away his clothes. For nostalgia sake he ate at the Liberty Diner that night and listened to the local gossip. Despite the decades of time the gossip was still the same on Liberty Avenue with only new names to fill in the gaps of who was making out with whom. After eating, Justin headed to the most popular dyke bar in Pittsburgh. Surprisingly he wasn’t the only man in the bar. He was amused when the bouncer carded him and saw his birth date. The guy wasn’t going to let him in until another bouncer recognized him as once owning Babylon with Brian. Justin surveyed the bar and noticed one young lady of interest sitting alone. She was blond, with blue eyes and very attractive. After deciding how to approach her Justin walked over and got her attention.

“Excuse me for intruding; my name’s Justin and I’m an artist. I couldn’t help but notice that you would be an excellent model for a painting. Could I ask your name?”

“I’m Terri Justin and I could use a job about now. I just got laid off and broke up with my long term partner so I’m very much in transition right now.”

“Tell me more about yourself Terri.”

“I was born in San Diego California, I’m 23, college grad with a degree in business administration and I could use a job yesterday if that’s soon enough for you.”

“Are you willing to relocate?”

“Hopefully somewhere warmer than Pittsburgh; I hate snow with a passion.”

“My location is much warmer and very nice. I’m going to be really forward and admit to you I also have another reason for talking to you.”

“You’re in the wrong bar to pick up a girl but I have to admit you’re pretty damn cute kid.”

“Actually I’m much older than I look but that’s of no matter for you. I’m gay and not trying to pick you up. I want to find the right woman to be a surrogate mother for a child for me.”

“And you think I could be that woman?”

“You have the right physical features, beauty, intelligence, and I get a good vibe from you.” Justin read her mind and saw see was genuinely interested in the idea.

“I take it there’s good money for me to do this?”

“Yes”

“And I would have to relocate to have the child?”

“I would like that; yes.”

“Would I live with you and help you raise the child?”

“That’s a possibility depending if you get along with me and my long term lover.  It won’t be the first time a surrogate lived with us and helped us raise a child.”

“What did you pay her?”

“Besides supporting her for many years, $500,000 clear; I can make it worth your while.”

“You look very familiar to me. Did you live in Pittsburgh before?”

“Yes but that’s probably not how you know me. Do you remember Sunshine the singer?”

“Yeah, you look just like him. You must be his grandson are something.”

“Actually I am Sunshine.”

“Get out of town! You don’t look a day over 18 now.”

“It’s a long story. What are your living arrangements right now?”

“I’m in a motel off Liberty Avenue and the rents due tomorrow; I don’t have it.”

“If I help you would you be interested in helping me with a child?  I would need to check out your story and all, but I think you’re perfect for us. I can also help you get a job on top of what you make with me and our agreement to further your career.”

“Do I get to know my kid?”

“We prefer the child knows its mother from day one. We have sole custody by agreement but that doesn’t mean we aren’t willing to share the child in the child’s best interest. I have a very big home you can live with us in and help us raise the child. In the past it was like a mother/nanny arrangement. I promised Brian, that’s my lover; I’d get a night nanny for the next child.”

“One second I was facing living in a homeless shelter and now I’m looking at the prospect of moving to a fine home with lots of money and soon to be with child. Justin, may I buy you a drink?”

“Allow me; what are you having?”

“Just a cold beer; I don’t drink much but this calls for some sort of celebration just meeting you.” Justin went to the bar and got Terri a beer and him a Cosmo. He knew there was one sensitive item to discuss with Terri before going any further. Justin carefully clued into her mind to read her as he approached the topic.

“Terri, what do you know about vampires?”

“Besides the usual shit in movies and books; I’ve heard rumors they really exist and that they’re really cool people. I had a friend who said she was friends to vampires but she would never introduce me to one. I didn’t know what to make of her. She wasn’t the type of person to lie. What do you know about them Justin?”

“A lot more than your friend ever could; I’ll agree they exist and they are very good people mostly. She would be known as a familiar; that’s what you call someone who is a friend to vampires. She wasn’t supposed to tell you about them however.”

“Oh really? I never met the guy but she said a male vampire was interested in me for a relationship or something. She was questioning me to see if I would freak out or something was how I took it at the time. I didn’t care about the vampire part; I just said I wasn’t interested in a man. I guess that ended his exploratory mission to get to know me.”

“That makes sense; one of the reasons they might expose themselves is searching for a mate. Since all you got was hearsay you really got no proof they exist. Could you keep it a secret if you found out about them?” Justin read her mind very closely. “Your life would depend on it.”

“Sure I can keep a secret; I don’t rat on anybody who doesn’t hurt me or somebody I care about.”

“We need to talk more but in a place more private. I have a loft not far from here. I suggest we might go there if you’re comfortable with that idea.”

“I remember Sunshine’s real name is Justin Kinney; can I see some ID kid?” Justin opened his wallet and showed her his driver’s license and his jet pilot license both with pictures.

“According to this you’re about 49 years old.”

“I am 49 years old. I told you I look younger than I am. The whole V issue will answer your questions about why I look so young but not here. I’ll explain it to you at the loft. You’re welcome to tell a friend or a bartender where we’re going if you’d feel safer.”

“I trust you Justin; I just had to make sure it was really you. I also read you’re very rich.”

“We don’t miss a meal at home.” Justin said with his mega-watt Sunshine smile. They finished their drinks and walked to the loft just a few blocks away. Once inside Justin made fruit drinks for both of them.

“What I’m going to tell you must be a carefully guarded secret. When vampires take a human lover they can freeze you at the age you become their lover forever. That’s how I’m always 17 years old in appearance. I haven’t age since I became the lover to a vampire. I can’t get sick either and I have special powers from being with my vampire. Are you with me so far?”

“So I would be living with you and a vampire in your home?”

“We also have four human houseboys who take care of the place for us. It would be totally safe for you there. Brian only feeds from me mostly. He’s very much a gentleman and would respect your privacy and place as the child’s mother in our home. Usually the girls are very fond of him. He’s quite the charmer but completely gay and devoted to me.”

“If I agree to this how will you get me to your new location?”

“I have a private jet waiting at the airport which I fly myself. We have a landing strip in my city in Georgia. We built a very special city full of vampires, embraced lovers and familiars. I also have a school there for gay teenagers which is huge. In fact I have several of them now all over the place. The one here is called Sunshine’s House.”

“I’ve heard of it. I was told that I was too old to try to live there so I didn’t try.”

“If the surrogate mother deal doesn’t work out I can get you a job there should you like to stay in Pittsburgh.”

“Why wouldn’t it work out?”

“Brian has to meet you; we need to get a physical done and see if you’re safe to conceive; we need to research your family’s medical history; we need to agree to the terms of surrogate arrangement between us. Barring no complications unforeseen and provided you’re serious about doing it I feel we can make it happen. I flew to Pittsburgh seeking a lesbian to help me with the next child in my family.”

“Will you be the father?”

“I’ve gone through too many changes to safely be the father again since becoming the lover of a vampire. My great grandson will be the father. I have his sperm stored now.”

“Is there a special reason you wanted a lesbian?”

“I had a surrogate picked out who was perfect until she wanted to conceive naturally with my boy and marry him. It was way too complicated and frankly just felt wrong. This way I don’t expect you to want to hop in bed with my great grandson or get married.”

“A lesbian would get around that problem; so why me Justin?”

“Like I said before; your looks, your hair color, your eyes, and your intelligence. You match my boy so the likelihood of a child with the same features is very high.” They discussed Terri’s family medical history, and her upbringing. She was an only daughter of three children from an upper middle class family with both parents still alive and very much in love. The more Justin learned about Terri the more he liked her.

“It’s starting to get late.”

“We can take my rental car and go pick up your belongings at the motel. You’re welcome to stay here tonight. I’ll take the couch and give you the bed. It may be better than a lonely motel room.” Terri agreed and they went and got her things and she checked out of the motel. They left most of her things in the car and brought up enough for the night and tomorrow morning. Justin planned to fly home to Kinneyville tomorrow morning with Terri. When she was asleep Justin called Brian.

“I was wondering when you might call me.”

“I’ve been busy interviewing who may be our next mother.”

“Tell me about her.”

“Her name is Terri Watson, 23, business degree, available for relocation, interested in earning the funds to be a surrogate and being a nanny and mother for a while, and she’s a lesbian. She has real blond hair, blue eyes, and she's very beautiful and smart.”

“I wonder how purple her blood might be. She sounds like a good match.”

“I’m sending you a cell phone photo now. We’re flying home to Georgia tomorrow morning if you feel good about it.”

“She doesn’t’ look like a lesbian; she reminds me of Lindsay at that age. I think you might have found a winner Justin.”

“We’ll see you tomorrow Master.”

“Was that an invitation for some phone sex?”

“I better not; she’s asleep in the loft bed right now. It could be embarrassing should she wake up with me moaning and playing with myself.”

“You can make it up to me tomorrow night.”

“You mean tonight; it’s already passed midnight.”

“Later”

“Later” Justin closed his phone smiling. The next morning Justin showered before Terri woke up and then she showered after him. They headed to the diner for breakfast and went to the airport.

“Man this is some jet you got here.”

“It’s brand new; we traded in our other one which was getting old with low hours on it.  Your welcome to sit in the co-pilot chair; just don’t touch anything.” Justin disabled the co-pilot controls anyway as a safety precaution should she bump into something. Terri was very impressed with Justin’s flying skills and in no time they were at the Kinneyville landing strip with two houseboys waiting and a van for Terri’s belongings. Within minutes they were in the villa.

“Terri, this is Brian my lover; Brian, this is Terri Watson from San Diego and Pittsburgh.”

“How did you end up in Pittsburgh?”

“I had a lover who was transferred there working for U.S. Steel and assigned to the corporate headquarters. We split up two months ago. I was working at an investment office until the recession got me laid off recently.”

“So your degree's in business?”

“That’s right with an emphasis in accounting.”

“Would you like to keep working rather than just be keep by a couple of rich faggots?”

“I love to work so that would be a yes Brian.”

“Do you like to swim?”

“If the water’s warm I sure do; I miss the ocean something terrible.”

“Justin, perhaps she would like Jon and Rio’s old room by the pool. It’s on the first floor too for when she gets pregnant later.”

“Excellent choice Brian, come with me Terri so I can show you the room we’re talking about.” Terri loved the house and the room was amazing. She had never seen such wealth much less lived in it. The houseboys brought in her things and she unpacked them.

“Would you be willing to undergo a physical exam this afternoon Terri?”

“Certainly Justin; I’m in excellent health.” Justin drove her to the hospital where they did a complete exam including a full body MRI, blood work, gynecological exam, and CAT scan. She was in perfect health. Her family medical history came back excellent too. Next he introduced her to Ted and Steve at their office and Ted was very happy to get professionally trained help to hire. With a whisper from Justin she was given a great starting salary to boot with benefits. They made arrangements for her to start the next day.

That night with Terri’s permission, Brian and Vic both tasted her blood. She was a fairly rich purple blood and a perfect surrogate for Justin’s blood line.  Soon Terri fitted right into the Kinney household, her job, and the new city. There were few lesbians in Kinneyville but she didn’t seem to be bothered by it at the time. She wasn’t ready for another relationship. Justin drew up the surrogate agreement and Terri agreed to it. In two weeks she should be ready to conceive a child. When the time came they did the in-virto procedure twice and 16 days later Terri tested positive with child. She got to met the father, Daniel, and found his to be a very cute boy with an incredible mind for his age. Terri had an instinct she was creating a very special child who was growing rapidly.

After six months Terri took off work to stay at home and rest while the baby grew inside her. It was a textbook pregnancy until an ultrasound found something out of the ordinary: two beating hearts inside her instead of just one; a baby boy and girl.