Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

After the first trimester Misty moved into the villa with Brian, Justin, Jon and Rio. She had a room on the same floor as Brian and Justin next to the nursery room. Justin took care of all the pre-natal arrangements for doctor’s visits, diet, etc. Misty was very happy to be living with her best friend and his granddads. It was a fun household full of life and laughter. The houseboys took care of everyone and the family members got to enjoy their time together planning for the baby and shopping for basic things they would need. After the second trimester they decided to have an ultrasound and see if they could learn the sex of the child. Everyone was present when the technician announced it was a boy. Now the shopping had a color scheme to follow. This gave Justin an idea to go with painting murals in the nursery for a boy’s room.

 Misty grew bigger as see approached the delivery date. Since she was so young and strong she carried the child well and was active right up to the time of birth. Misty had finished high school and Jon and Rio were in their senior year. Justin got a used Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan for Jon with only 16,000 miles on it. It was already fitted with a child seat before the birth of the baby. Two days before the predicted delivery date, Daniel Lance Kinney entered the world at 16 inches and 6 pounds, 4 ounces. The baby boy was in perfect health. The first nights at the villa surprised Justin how quiet the baby was. Rarely did he cry except if hungry or needing a change. The child excelled in the talents of sleeping and eating. Brian and Justin recalled this baby was very easy to care for compared to how Gus and Lee were as infants.

In no time at all the biological and adoptive parents enjoyed Daniel’s first steps, first words, and first successes of potty training. By three years old the boy was very well adjusted and a real chatter box full of new words and questions which the parents always tried to answer for him. The kid had an appetite for knowledge. By four he was reading and counting to 100. He was granted a waiver and attended the first grade a year early. The boy was so bright he passed the first two grades the first year. At the ripe old age of six he was a third grader. All of Daniel’s teachers said he was a genius and instructed them to challenge him with all the knowledge he wanted to attempt to learn. Much to everyone’s surprise Daniel continued to tackle two years of school in a year. At the age of 12 the boy graduated high school and had enough college credits for an Associate of Science degree from the local college. Daniel also completed 3 years of German and Honors AP classes in Math, Chemistry, Biology, and German. The following year Daniel attended the college for a double major in Biology and Chemistry for a Pre-med program. Daniel took his time in college and absorbed all the knowledge he could graduating at the age of 15 with both degrees and a 4.0 average. Daniel wanted to attend medical school which would require him living on campus somewhere at such a young age or for them to create a home for the family to live in while he attended med school, or let him live alone.

 “Daniel, I’ve never heard you say anything about wanting to date anyone. Do you know if you like boys or girls yet? You’re almost 16 years old and I have to wonder.” Justin asked the boy.

 “I haven’t had time to date anyone and I haven’t given it any thought Daddy Justin.”

 “Are you avoiding my question?”

 “Oh that; I like girls I’m sure. I just don’t plan on dating until I’m a doctor past my specialty residency.  That could be six or more years from now. Does that make me a freak or something?”

 “Not at all; if you’re ok with it. I just don’t want you to feel lonely son. What do you want to specialize in?” Justin realized what a strikingly good looking young man Daniel was. He was going to be a real catch for some lucky girl without a doubt.

 “I’ll decide in med school. Right now I’m torn between general practice with an office in Kinneyville or viral research but that would take me away from the family so I’m not so sure about that. I like living in Kinneyville with everyone there.”

 “Well you have the summer off and your choice of med schools to accept. I was planning for us to spend some time in Germany this summer and you can be our interpreter for German.”

 “That’d be cool. I get to practice the language and see the sights.”

 “Have you decided on which med school you want to attend?”

 “I’ve accepted the Medical College of Georgia in Atlanta. I can come home on weekends since it’s less than 100 miles away. During the week I can live in a dorm room on campus.”

“Brian was uncomfortable with you living on your own so young but I got him to change his mind. You’re very mature for your age and will be 16 when you start. I’ll leave it to you to plan our two weeks in Germany. We’ll leave right after July 4th weekend.”

 “Are we using your jet or commercial travel?”

 “We can use our jet. It has the range to flight there nonstop. I’m very familiar with European flight protocol. I’ll need runways of at least 6,000 ft in length to land and take off from.”

 “Will Dad and Rio be joining us on the trip?”

 “I haven’t asked yet but I think they will.”

 “Ok, I’ll go online tonight and come up with a plan for two fun weeks in Deutschland. Would you like to see Austria and Switzerland while we’re there?”

 “Sure”

 “I’ll look for gay friendly accommodations too. Since I’m the only straight guy on the trip I’ll just have to put up with men kissing in front of me and all that.”

 “Like you didn’t grow up seeing it here.”

 “Yeah, I won’t be too shocked by it. I could use a vacation.”

 “That’s what we thought. You’ve worked very hard to get this far in your education. You’re also a pretty amazing kid you know that?”

“I have a gift for learning; I don’t have a better way to describe it. I really love what I do. It’s no work for me at all; I’d be lost without a book in my hand.”

 “Whatever floats your boat. I’ll go see if Jon and Rio want to go with us.” Justin left Daniel’s room as he got on the computer and started to research possible sites in Germany and Europe to see and where to stay.

 “I need to know if you guys what to go with Brian, me and Daniel to Germany and other places this summer for two weeks.” Justin asked his grandson and his embraced lover.

 “Sure; when do we leave?” Jon answered him.

 “I want to go after July 4th weekend. It’s mainly a trip for your son who needs a vacation before he starts med school which by the way is in Atlanta. He’ll be coming home on weekends most of the time.”

 “He’s not even old enough to drive and he’s accepted to medical school. If I can make a kid that smart you should have another one.” Jon said smiling.

 “Well, Misty’s married now and I doubt she would want to surrogate again. Besides I think we just got lucky with Daniel being such a special boy. Do you realize he could be a doctor by the time he’s 22 or 23 years old?”

 “I’m blown away Justin; I’ve been so amazed by that kid from the beginning. Rio, can you get away from work in July?”

 “I have some vacation time built up. Ted will let me off I’m sure.” Rio got an accounting degree and Jon majored in English Literature and doesn’t work. Rio wanted to work so he got hired by Ted at the downtown investment office.

July 4th weekend Brian and Justin hosted a huge party at the villa for the extended family and friends of Kinneyville. Over a 100 people attended the affair. Debbie insisted on helping in the kitchen and to the houseboys delight she really knew what she was doing and was a big help. Jennifer and Molly also assisted there. The other guests assembled in the living room or were at the pool area swimming or sunning if human although nobody bothered to tell them the indoor sun would not tan them in that home. They had plenty of boys from the campus for the vampires to feed from and the humans had lots of food to eat and the bar was open for those wanting drinks complete with a bartender to make things go smoothly. There were so many new kids in Kinneyville, Brian and Justin couldn’t keep up with all of them. One thing was sure; this was the liveliest party bunch to be in the villa for many years.  Just for fun, Brian and Justin turned into jaguars and walked into the pool area full of mostly kids and in a matter of seconds every kid was in the pool to get away from the giant cats that now walked around the pool scaring the shit out of them. When the adults came to see what was going on some of them called 911. Diamond got the call and he was at the party and knew what his dads were doing and told them to cancel the call as it wasn’t a problem.

“Justin, parents are calling for the police. Time you guys end this shit.” Diamond said as he walked up to his dad in jaguar form and petted him to the horror of all the kids watching. Justin changed back and then Brian did. Once everyone realized it wasn’t real jaguars per say; then the humor of the moment was accepted and everyone calmed down. Other than some unexpected pee in the pool, there wasn’t any damage. Kids climbed out the pool and attacked Brian and Justin shoving them in the water. They allowed it in good nature since they knew they deserved some revenge for their little stunt. Once the party wound down the houseboys went about cleaning up the mess that over 100 people can make; however, they didn’t complain for they were paid very well and also had a lot of fun at the party.

****************************   

Justin made a perfect touch down at Berlin Brandenburg International Airport after flying mostly in the morning darkness and arranging to arrive over Europe in the daylight. He taxied the Gulfstream jet which by now was a vintage model but with relatively low miles on it and still very good for flying. He and Brian discussed trading it in for a new model perhaps after this trip. Daniel had arranged for a limo to be waiting for them at the private jet area and soon their luggage was put away and they were on their way to the first place to stay in Germany. Their destination was the Art-Hotel Connection situated in the middle of Berlin, in the heart of the West Berlin gay scene. Three minutes walk from famous Kurfürstendamm and KaDeWe this well-known place is located right in the middle of all gay life. Bars, clubs and shopping next door. Gay owned and operated medical practices, a pharmacy and a chiropractic service is located in the same building.  It was a middle class hotel but because of the art in the building and the rooms, and its location to gay Berlin, Daniel thought it to be perfect for his adoptive parents to enjoy, especially Justin. The night life was incredible; Brian and Justin were like kids again exploring the German gay scene. They had more fun than Jon and Rio for some reason. The younger boys didn’t have the energy to party late or perhaps the experience of Brian and Justin when it came to enjoying the night life of a new city. Justin was surprised to be recognized by several men as Sunshine; which he politely said was his grandfather. Nobody questioned his answer as it matched the many years since Sunshine was so young.

During the day after a good nap for the humans they went shopping for clothes and jewelry in Berlin. Most items were sent home so they could avoid the hassle of customs and handling. The trip then went to Munich and then on to Austria. The music of Austria was of great interest to Brian and Justin. Next was Zurich Switzerland. Diverse and friendly, Zurich is exceptionally welcoming to gay visitors, and there has long been a strong gay presence in the heart of the Old Town. With the revitalization of industrial Zurich West, the gay scene continues to grow, making it the indisputable gay capital of Switzerland. All too soon the two weeks were over and the boys flew home; Brian flew most of the way over the water but permitted Captain Justin to take off and land the bird. Brian hadn’t flown much over the years whereas Justin flew often sometimes just of fun.


The next problem for the boys to work out was arranging for Daniel to live on campus in Atlanta. When they saw the accommodations of the campus dorms they decided to splurge on a nice one bedroom condo two blocks from the campus. There were several nice cafes nearby for the students who don’t have time to cook much less eat sometimes. They went into Atlanta and bought furniture and accessories to create a home. Brian’s attempt to hire Daniel a nice young female house girl to “keep him company” was a constant source of laughter with the boys and a huge annoyance to Daniel.

“I don’t care how much he denies it Justin; my gaydar is pinging when I look at Daniel.”

“He says he likes girls Brian; why don’t you accept that?”

“I like girls too; I just don’t fuck them. I say he’s not ready to come out yet.”

“Usually I can read somebody’s mind and tell but not with Daniel. It’s like he doesn’t think about sex at all.”

“He’s young, beautiful, brilliant, rich, and available. Now he’s going to be living on his own in the big city at 16 years old and barely able to drive. Fuck; he’s going to need a car too.”

“Let’s give him our Lexus and we can get another one.”

“Sounds like a plan. His vampire boyfriends will like the sun safety glass it has.”

“I forgot about that. Let’s go buy him a car.”

“New or used?”

“I say we spring for a new one. He’s going to be putting a lot of miles on it coming home every Friday and going back on Sunday. I want it to be dependable for him for the next six years.” Brian and Justin walked back into the apartment and confronted Daniel.

“What kind of car do you want?”

“I hadn’t given it any thought.”

“You’re a teenager with your license and you don’t know what kind of car you want?”

“Automatic?”

“Let’s go buy the boy a car. You can stay here and set up house. Decide what hair color you want your house girl to have and if you  prefer big tits or not.” Brian smirked and left the apartment. Daniel just shook his head knowing Brian was fucking with him. They went out and bought Daniel a new Lexus IS 250 C convertible. It was not cheap but very good and a sexy car to boot. Knowing Daniel’s favorite color they picked out the red one. Brian rode back in their Lexus and Justin drove the new Lexus back to Daniel’s apartment.

“What the hell is that?” Daniel said looking at the sleek red convertible Lexus.

“It’s an automatic; that’s what you asked for. Consider it your graduation gift for college, again.” Justin said.

“It’s a fuckmoblie and you better get laid driving it or we just wasted $55,000 for nothing.” Brian added. “Go take her for a spin and see how you like it. It has all the toys and options. The top is automatic and comes up out of the trunk area. But don’t raise it when you’re driving.”

“Thanks guys; this is way too much for my first car.”

“We might have to miss a few nights out for a couple of years to buy it for you but we feel you’re worth it.” Justin said grinning.

“I’ll remember how you sacrificed your dinner dates just for me.” Daniel hugged Justin and then Brian.  “It’s a beautiful car; thank you both very much.”

“The insurance is in the glove box; and here is a credit card for you to use. Buy what you need including your gas. You already have your ATM card for cash. Did we forget anything?”

“I think I want a GPS for the car to help me around the city and to learn the best way to get home from here.” So they rode with Daniel driving his new car to a local auto store and bought the best GPS system they had. It worked perfectly and would be a big help to someone who didn’t know his way around the big city of Atlanta. It even had traffic updates to route you around problem areas. Next they went with Daniel to buy his text books and it was just as well for they were huge and heavy and he could use the help loading them in and out of the car.

“You think this is something; this is only the first semester of books.” Daniel told them. 

“How many classes are you taking?”

“Six; or the maximum they would allow. I also have labs in three of them to do. When I come home I’ll mostly be studying and letting the houseboys catch up on my laundry. I’m also going to attend all summer classes so I can to get through the program quicker.”

“Are you in a hurry to pay off your student loans?” Brian joked with him. Daniel was funded by his dads for med school and the money was a standing  joke with them. “I’m only charging you 37% interest; what’s the rush?”

“Go ahead and make it at a loan. I’ll just get Daddy Justin to pay it for me.”

“We should be heading back soon. Do you have everything you need? Do you want to go shopping for groceries before we go?” Justin asked him.

“I can handle it. I’ll be eating out mostly. I’m going to check out my textbooks tonight. I’ll come home in a couple of days until school starts after I get settled in.”

“We’ll keep a light on for you.” Brian said as he bear hugged Daniel from the back. Then Brian whispered in his ear: “If you go our side to play remember to wear your rubbers.”

“I’ll remember.” Daniel said grinning. Justin’s acute hearing picked up on the conversation and for the first time realized that Daniel might be gay or bi. He knew Brian’s gaydar was never wrong. He had the uncanny ability to spot a gay man. Everybody said goodbye and soon the Kinneyville crowd was on the highway headed north to their city. A steady new routine came about with Daniel coming home every Friday night and leaving Sunday afternoon. He rarely left his room except to eat or visit briefly. He was cracking the books hard and taking his studies very seriously.

The efforts showed when his end of semester grades came out and he aced every course which for Daniel wasn’t that unusual anyway; however, med school was notoriously brutal the first two years to weed out anyone who couldn’t handle the demanding load of learning they threw at the students. He seemed to accept the challenge and just dug in without ever complaining. The parents had no doubt he would finish the program and become the family’s first doctor.