Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian continues to minister to a young Justin but finds himself developing strange and unexpected feelings for the blond, which begin to frighten him.  Meanwhile, the Taylor family must make a very important decision. 

 

There was no question that young Justin had not been properly fed lately. He attacked the food on the many platters that Brian's cook had prepared just for him as if he hadn't eaten in years. Brian sat across the broad table from the freshly scrubbed young man and drank in the sight of his guest...or whatever the hell he should be called. The table was laden with dishes of all kinds...roasted lamb, duck, goose, kebabs of beef and mutton, soups and stews filled with fish, more lamb, and vegetables, fava beans and peas, and exotic desserts made with dates, figs, and pomegranates. There was wine and the national drink, barley beer, for Justin to wash all the goodies down.

Brian was surprised at how fascinated he had become by this young stranger. The boy was an enigma and Brian loved a mystery, but there was more to it than that. There was something so vulnerable about the young blond, while at the same time Brian could see the strength in the kid. There was something about Justin that told Brian that this kid was no pushover. He may have been in a weakened position when Brian met him, but he sensed that Justin had an inner core of steel that would take him a long way. Brian felt a sense of protectiveness for Justin...which alone was a miracle of great proportions...but he also had the feeling that Justin was a survivor and would come out on top of any situation without help. It was a dichotomy that intrigued the older man. Perhaps that was why he hadn't been able to get the blond off his mind from the instant he saw him.

As he sat across from Justin, he even caught himself daydreaming as he watched the young man biting into a juicy piece of fruit. Justin had the pearliest white teeth Brian had ever seen and he began to imagine those teeth nipping gently on his skin. When Justin began sucking the juices from that same piece of fruit, Brian imagined that the young man was sucking as enthusiastically on his cock. Without warning, Brian felt that familiar tingle in his balls that warned him he was becoming aroused. He gave his head a hard shake to clear his thoughts.

"What?" came the startled Justin, stopping in mid bite.

"It's nothing. I was just trying to keep awake. It's been a long day...probably for you too. Once you've finished with your meal, I'll show you to the guest room where you can stay until we figure out what to do with you."

"What to do with me?" Oddly the thought that his benefactor would discard him was very disturbing to Justin.

"Of course. I can't just let you loose on the streets, although you are free to leave if you choose to do so. I wouldn't advise it. With no money and no idea who you are and what your circumstances are, you could end up right back where you started from. And this time I might not be there to buy you again."

Brian had a small mischievous twinkle in his eye as he stated that last thought. Justin felt a sense of relief flood him, knowing Brian would not throw him out.

"Tomorrow, I'll go out and make some discreet inquiries...see if there are any reports of a missing man from a tourist group, etcetera. I'll be very cautious, just in case you're an escaped felon or something like that." He grinned again with his tongue planted firmly in the corner of his cheek.

Justin looked up shyly from his latest dish and gave a half smile of gratitude. Brian couldn't help thinking of how beautiful the young man was, even when only giving a hint of a smile. Brian knew that the chances of Justin having the same feelings about men as he did were very remote, but at the moment he would have given a great deal for it to be true. He knew he had never felt such a strong urge to wrap his body around anothers in all his life. He gave another hard shake to his head. He remembered to give a great yawn next to cover up the true meaning of his actions.

Justin hurriedly finished the last bite of his fruit dessert. He hated to see Brian so obviously exhausted. The moment he had his mouth wiped clean, he grinned at the older man.

"All done. That was truly wonderful. Will you please tell your cook how much I appreciated it. I would say it was the best meal I'd had in my life if I could remember what I've eaten before." Justin laughed out loud, sending a small jolt of pleasure straight to Brian's groin.

"I'll do that, Justin. Now let's get you to your room. A good night's sleep should make everything look a lot better in the morning."

The men pushed back from the table and Justin followed Brian dutifully to his next destination. Brian led the young man down a corridor and turned inward until the men reached a small opening that let out on a vast garden. It was literally an oasis in the middle of the home. There were a few fruit trees, a couple of small water fountains with a bench running around them for sitting, and flowers that filled the night air with heady fragrances. Brian moved off in the direction of the far side of the garden with Justin trailing behind, taking in the beauty around him. Without hesitation, he knew he had to draw this scenery.

"The sleeping quarters are on the other side of the garden. I hope you will like your room.," Brian threw over his shoulder.

A minute later, Brian opened a large wooden door in the stone wall that led into a roomy bed chamber. There was a large bed in the center of the room covered in pillows of various sizes and colors. Fine mosquito netting hung from the ceiling and encircled the entire bed frame. There were several small ottomans scattered about the room with a large double doored wardrobe in one corner. Justin could see fragrant tapers burning in an ornate bowl on a nearby table. The room had a comfortable feel to it that was world's apart from the only other place Justin had the memory of sleeping in. Once again, he thanked his lucky stars that Brian Kinney was the one to buy him off the auction block.

"Do you approve?"

"I'd be a fool not to," came Justin's reply. "It's hardly the room of a slave, or a servant for that matter. You must know that I intend to earn my keep while I'm here, Mr. K...I mean Brian. I can't let you spend all that money on me and not give you something in return."

Brian admonished himself for the thought that flashed through his mind as to how the young man could repay him.

"We'll discuss that later, Justin. In the meantime, is there anything else I can do for you..anything you might need before I bid you good night."

Justin thought for a moment. He pictured the beautiful garden just outside his door and the exotic warmth of his bed chamber. The images were so strong in his head, along with the image of Brian himself. He knew he had to get those images down on paper, even though he had not the least notion as to why. But he knew he had to find out.

"There is one little thing, if I'm not being too presumptuous to ask.'

"Ask away, young man."

"I could use some artist's supplies. You know, pencil or charcoal for drawing and paper. Something simple and inexpensive would do."

Brian paused, staring at the young man intently. "So you are an artist, Justin? I thought you couldn't remember anything about yourself."

"I don't know if I am one or not...truly. I just know that there are so many things here that I MUST put down on paper. It's like a calling. I can't ignore it. Perhaps I was an artist. I don't know, but I want to see if the images in my head will translate to paper."

"Well then, young man, you shall have what's needed tomorrow. Now I'll leave you to your privacy. I hope you will have a most pleasant evening. My room is right next to yours. I have a man-servant who sleeps in the corridor between our rooms. If you need anything during the night, just ring for him and he will come immediately." Brian pointed to a small bell next to the burning candles.

"I will, Brian, and thank you...for everything."

With that, Brian stepped to the door on the other side of the room that led to other parts of the house. He left Justin and made his way to the door next to the one he had just exited. He entered his own room, which was considerably larger than the one he had given Justin. His room had two sections...one for sleeping and another for private bathing. A massive bed stood in the center of the room. Large colorful pillows were scattered throughout the room including on a long ottoman large enough to hold two grown men. There were exotic paintings of desert oasis' with pools of crystal clear water where men lounged about in various states of dress while playing cards and listening to young men as they played their harps, flutes, and tiny cymbals. There was another painting of an excellent rendering of the Pyramids in the Valley of the Kings. It was a room made for a man of wealth and good taste.

Brian called his servant, Ahmose, into the room and prepared for bed. When the big man had completed his tasks in taking away Brian's dusty clothing and getting his master's bath ready, he stepped out of the room to allow the man his privacy. Brian sank gratefully into the steaming water, breathing deeply of the exotic oils that caressed his body. He laid back in the chest high water of the deep tub and let his mind wander back. The image of the beautiful young man in the room next to his flashed into his mind again, as it had kept on doing all evening.

Brian began to fantasize that Justin was laying in the tub with him, leaning over and letting his lips blend with Brian's. He could almost feel those soft lips parting to make room for Brian's tongue to begin its exploration of the unknown territory that would yield such delightful treasures. Brian's pulse began to race as he pictured Justin suddenly turning in the water and sitting astride the older man. Brian did not make a habit of living a fantasy life...he had never seen the necessity for it, but he couldn't stop thinking and feeling as if Justin was right there with him.

Completely without thought, Brian's hand had wandered down to his ample endowment. He had grasped hold of his manhood and begun stroking while imagining young Justin with his mouth firmly planted on his and the blond's engorged cock and balls pressed tightly between their stomachs as he lowered himself onto Brian's shaft. As Justin's movements increased in speed and intensity, Brian's hand pumped his cock with the same fierceness he imagined Justin was feeling. Suddenly Brian felt the tightening of his balls, matching the insistent tingle in his groin that announced his coming orgasm. Without warning, Brian spilled out into the water with an intensity he hadn't felt before. It shook him to his core.

Brian decided then and there that he would have no more of this. Hell, he thought, the real thing could never live up to what he had just felt. Besides, it was far too girly for him to be thinking this way about a guy he didn't even know was available or not. He hated to admit it, but he'd be far better off solving the Justin mystery as quickly as possible and getting on with his life. He grabbed his wash cloth and began scrubbing, determined to stick with his plans of making sure Justin was safe and sound, back where he belonged and then thinking about him no more.

*********************************************************

Jennifer Taylor knew she should stop crying. It was becoming an irritant to her husband. She was just glad that her young daughter, Molly, was not here to see her fall apart. Molly had opted to stay home with her grandmother rather than visiting some dusty old faraway country for her Summer break. At the moment, Jennifer wished to God she and her son had done the same. The authorities had still not located her son. They had convinced Craig that the boy was indeed dead since finding the car and driver that the family had hired as a guide. It had been miles away from the Great Pyramids, deserted off the main road leading through the desert from town. The young guide, Omar, had been dead at least three or more days when he had been found and had been gnawed on by creatures of some sort.

The police reminded Craig Taylor over and over that his son could never have survived out in the desert alone for any length of time and that they had discovered two different blood types on the vehicle itself. Blood typing was a fairly new science, but there was no denying that two different people had provided blood samples on the car. Omar was not the only one bleeding that day. The car had been stripped bare of anything of value and the police theorized that bandits had attacked the young men and killed them outright. They had finally convinced an angry Craig that Justin's body had probably been dragged deeper into the desert and consumed by wild animals.

Jennifer had refused to believe her beloved son had met such a gruesome fate. She had told her husband that she would have felt it in her heart if Justin was truly dead and Craig had tried to be patient with her, but he knew it was time to return home. He felt there was nothing more they could do. His son was gone. That was all there was to it. The boy had always been a bit rebellious and now his desire to have his own way and go off into the desert alone had cost him his life. Craig was furious at the loss of his future partner in the business, but he was a pragmatic man. If he was really lucky, Molly would grow up to marry a man who was worthy of taking on the Taylor business and making it grow bigger and better.

By the end of the day that Justin spent his first night under Brian's roof, Craig Taylor had finally convinced his wife it was time to use their return tickets home to America. Jennifer now knew that she would be spending the rest of her life crying silently inside for the fair haired angel who had been her most loved son for a brief eighteen years. A part of her still believed Justin was not gone forever, but she would keep that part of her buried to appease her husband. He could make her leave, but he could never destroy that tiny glimmer inside her that told her she would see her son again some day.

To be continued.......