Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian has brought his newest purchase home.  Now he must get the young man cleaned up and figure out what to do next with the boy who knows only his name, and nothing else.

Brian watched the young blond as the boy peeled off his filthy clothes. Brian could tell the clothing was of good quality, so he probably came from a comfortable background. There were no other clues to the lads identity. He had no possessions at all, save the watch he had tucked in his pants pocket. Brian was surprised that the boys captors hadn't removed that from him. The boy had shown Brian where the name Justin was engraved on the watch. The rest of the engraving sounded suspiciously like a phrase used for a graduate student. Brian felt oddly relieved that the boy was probably at least eighteen or maybe even older although he could have passed for slightly younger.

Brian surprised himself by his reaction to the boys undressing. Justin, or so he had decided he would call the young man unless he learned differently, was certainly a nice looking male specimen. His body was in desperate need of a good cleaning but his innate attractiveness could not be hidden by the sand and dirt encrusted on him. On top of that, he had a slender build that begged hugging and protecting. His eyes, a clear bright blue, were full of feeling. Brian could tell that the young man had strong feelings inside him. There was a liveliness to the boys eyes, even under these dire circumstances. He looked wary and on guard, and yet there was nothing timid or cowardly about the look in his eyes. He looked Brian directly in the face whenever they chanced to glance at each other, which happened frequently.

For some reason, Brian was curious as to what the young man was thinking about him. This was odd since everyone knew that Brian Kinney simply didn't care what others thought about him. He was comfortable in himself and did not need the opinion of other people to validate who or what he was. It surprised him greatly that this young stranger brought out such curiosity in him. But for now, it didn't really matter that much what the boy was thinking. What mattered was what to do about the lad.

Brian had decided that he would start making subtle inquiries into whether any of the white families with some wealth that made their home in the region had any young sons missing. He had decided he should tread carefully into his investigations because there was no way to know where this thing would lead. For all he knew, the young man was a runaway who had escaped an abusive family. Not surprisingly, that thought was extremely disturbing to Brian who had suffered such poor treatment from his own father when very young. If that was the case with this beautiful creature, then Brian would be damned if he would return the boy to such circumstances.

In the meantime, he needed to reassure Justin that he was safe within these walls that housed Brian's private life. He wanted to make sure that Justin knew that nothing was expected of him. He was certainly not a slave in Brian's eyes. But he needed to make sure the young man knew that he was safer under Brian's protective custody than roaming freely through the streets with no real destination in mind. Brian has already checked and found that Justin had no money on him at all.

The first thing Brian did when arriving home was to direct the young man into the vast bathing chamber of his home. There was a large tub that had been filled with hot water scented with oils of indeterminate fragrances. The odor was intoxicating and helped Justin to relax as he slid his slender body slowly into the caressing warmth. Once he had immersed himself fully and felt himself calming completely for the first time since waking up a stranger to himself, he looked over at the tall man who had become his savior. Justin had no way of knowing what this man wanted from him, but he had been kind and gentle from the very moment he had obviously purchased him and that was enough to ease some of the overwhelming fear he had felt for so long.

There was something about this man....he had said his name was Brian....there was something about Brian that made Justin feel safe. For one thing, if he was interested in men in 'that' way, he certainly would not have to purchase one to get what he wanted. Justin unknowingly was checking Brian out with the innate artistic eye he had been born with. Brian Kinney was certainly an artist's dream. He was tall and slender, yet firmly built, with well defined features. His face drew Justin's eyes over and over to him. There was a proud lift to the man's chin and a strong aquiline nose that stood above full lips that covered rows of glistening white teeth. His hair was smooth, clean looking, and a mixture of a variety of brown shades that hung to just above his collar. But it was his eyes that Justin admired most. The color was not distinctive...a fairly common hazel color...but there was a spark in his eyes that Justin found quite appealing. He could imagine putting that pair of eyes down on paper, though he had no way of knowing if he actually had the talent to do so successfully. The urge to draw those eyes was, however, very strong indeed.

Justin glanced over, for the hundredth time, to the man as he sat braced against the wall on the wide stone bench set up in the corner of the room. The opposite walls were lined with shelves that held bottles of oils and salves to keep the skin moistened in the dry heat of the city. Large thick towels lay out on a marbled table, waiting to be wrapped around clean bodies. There were two large mirrors, one on opposing walls, that extended from floor to ceiling giving full views of anyone standing between them. Justin was duly impressed. This room, and the parts of the expansive house he'd seen thus far, gave evidence to the wealth of his new owner.

As he began to scrub away the grime that had accumulated on his skin while locked away, Justin ruminated on that term....owner. It felt strange to his mind. How in the world did he become a piece of owned property? While he scrubbed, the frustration of not having any answers to his history began to build in him. The questions swirled away inside his head with no solutions to them. The more he thought about them, the more his head hurt. He didn't realize that he had begun scrubbing harder and harder with each unanswered question that popped up. Suddenly he felt strong fingers wrapped around his wrist and yanking his hand away from his chest. He looked up with startled eyes.

Brian was leaning down frowning at the blond in his tub. Justin looked down in the direction that Brian was staring at. A sharp sting in his chest accompanied his gaze as he saw the red streak his fevered scrubbing had created along the length of his upper torso. Brian had stopped him just short of drawing blood. Tears began to well in the corners of Justin's eyes. Brian took the cloth from Justin's fingers and moved behind the young man. He crouched down and began slowly moving the cloth along the blond's neck and shoulders. He used the fingers of his other hand to massage the tense muscles he felt bunched up tighter than a drum under the skin. He gently rubbed the arms and back clean. Once he had completed that task, he leaned forward and handed the cloth back to Justin. He sat back on his heels again and began massaging the young man's back muscles. Justin leaned forward as far as he could so that Brian would have full access to his back.

Brian could now see how pale Justin's skin was under all the grime. His skin felt like silk under Brian's fingertips. He worked away at each muscle group, being careful not to put too much pressure in any one spot that might bring about pain. He was finally able to feel the young man relaxing under his ministrations. Brian felt an overwhelming desire to take his hands lower, but he resisted. He had no desire to scare this kid, who obviously was already frightened enough in his uncertain world. But damned if the kid didn't have the most perfectly shaped round buttocks that begged to be caressed and massaged, almost as much as his back and shoulders. It took a strong effort on Brian's part not to lean over the blond's shoulder and take a peek at the manhood he knew would be floating in the water in front of his stomach. Brian admonished himself for having such voyeuristic thoughts. Not that he didn't enjoy a bit of voyeurism now and then, but only with willing subjects and Brian had no way of knowing where this particular young man stood.

Brian suddenly realized that thinking of Justin this way had caused a swelling in his pants. They were certainly too form fitting to hide such a sight so Brian forced himself to turn away from such thoughts and concentrate on other things. He spoke to Justin for the first time since entering the bathing room and instructing the young man to undress.

"Are you feeling better?" he inquired of Justin, making sure to grab a towel for his lap as he scooted back to the bench.

Justin looked back at his new owner. "Yes sir, I am. Thank you."

"You must have had some pretty dark thoughts there Justin, to rub yourself raw like that. And please don't call me sir. It's Brian. I told you, I don't consider you my slave. I had to make the purchase or I would never have been allowed to take you out of that place. Do you understand me?"

"Yes sir....I mean Brian. But I still don't understand why you did it. It obviously cost you a large sum of money. The bidding went on longer than any of the others, so I have no doubt the amount skyrocketed. Why would you spend so much for something you don't intend to use?"

"First of all, Justin, It is obvious to me that you didn't belong on that auction block. Whatever put you there had to be illegal at best. Secondly, I can certainly afford it. And lastly, I love an adventure and mystery. That's one of the reasons I'm in the business I am. There are always new things to see and learn about. I'm an exporter of antiquities and art. You are probably the most fascinating mystery I've ever seen and I fully intend to explore the answers to you. I'm sure you would like to know those answers too, if I'm not mistaken."

"Oh yes, si...Brian. More than anything. I just want to know who I am and is there anybody out there that cares that I'm not with them any more."

Justin's eyes had lit up with the thought of finding out his past. Brian couldn't help thinking that they made the young man truly beautiful to look at. The thought of people missing him had dimmed the brightness just as suddenly as it had come, making Brian even more determined to find out the mystery behind the fair haired slave.

"Well, young man, I suggest you finish with your bath before the water turns cold and I'll go to the kitchen and have the cook fix you up something to eat. Are you hungry?"

Brian's words reminded Justin that he hadn't had a decent meal since waking in his cell. "Oh yes," he answered enthusiastically.

"So, what would you like?"

Justin's brow furrowed as he tried to think of something. "I..I don't know," he responded quietly.

"That's alright. I'll just have the cook fix up a platter with plenty of variety. I'm sure there will be some things that will appeal to you," he reassured the young man.

Brian laid a man sized towel on the stand next to the large tub and turned to leave. The sound of Justin's voice behind him slowed his exit. He turned to Justin.

"I just want you to know how grateful I am...Brian. You saved my life. I don't know if I would have survived if one of those other men had purchased me."

"You're welcome Justin. Now get ready and I'll be right back for you. There are some clothes for you to change into over on the table next to the towels. They belong to my housekeepers son. He is in his early teens and much more your size." With that Brian turned and exited the room.

Justin finished scrubbing his lower torso and privates and climbed out of the tub, which was more than roomy enough for two grown men. He wrapped the thick white towel around himself and scrubbed his hair dry. He rubbed his body down, making sure to avoid the sensitive part of his chest that he had rubbed raw earlier. The feeling of the towel was a luxury that made Justin want to cry for joy. He had been honest with his benefactor. He truly did not know if he could have survived being bought by some leering man who would want to use him for God knows what purpose. The thought of Brian using him for some such purpose brought a surprising tingle to Justin's groin, causing a sudden flush to his cheeks. He felt like he should be ashamed of the thought, but for some reason he wasn't...just embarrassed.

Justin hurried over to the table where the clothes had been laid out. The housekeeper had provided a simple white caftan with a high collar and long loose sleeves with a pair of underwear that looked more western in style. It was a quick job in donning the clothing and buttoning the front up. Justin felt quite comfortable now and clean in his new garments. He sat on the bench that Brian had recently vacated and let his mind wander. Brian had stated that he loved a mystery, but Justin was not loving this one. He longed to know the answers to his life. As he sat waiting for the return of his rescuer, his eyes swept the room and the urge to put the images he saw down on paper tugged at the edges of his brain. The thought crossed his mind that he would need to ask Brian if he could have some drawing supplies. Well, he decided, he may not know much of anything about himself outside of his name but there was certainly one clue. Justin wondered if he might perhaps be an artist of some kind. He longed to find out. He looked to the door leading from the bathing room. Where was Brian? He wanted to get started on discovering some things, starting with whether he could actually put the sights he saw onto paper in a recognizble way.

To be continued.......