Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the next to the last chapter.  Brian and Justin must deal with the uncertainty of their future together while Jennifer and Justin relive the past and mother plans her son's future.  The question for Brian and Justin is....how much do they expose to Jennifer and when?  But then fate solves the problem for them.  Read on.  Grammy

It had been a tough couple of weeks for Brian and Justin to get through, not to mention the stress that Jennifer and Mark Chambers were feeling. Everyone knew that the pleasantries hid the fact that some tough decisions would soon have to be made. There had been daily meetings for the two couples, sometimes with Brian and Mark excusing themselves from the conversations...sometimes not. When Jennifer began talking about the eighteen years that Justin was a part of her family before his disappearance the conversation flowed liked melted butter. It was a pleasure for her to remind Justin of the many happy times they had spent as a family when even Craig seemed content with his little group. She made it a point to avoid those times when her husband had been less than thrilled with his son's behavior, such as his fascination with all things artistic. That fact hadn't suited his vision of what his son would become. Rather, she concentrated on the many vacations they took together and how much Justin loved seeing new places, people, and cultures.

Little by little Justin was piecing together a past he had lost years before. Some memories seemed to pop into his brain as if by magic....fully formed and vivid. Others only came to him with much concentration on what his mother was telling him. Some memories still eluded him. Many of those involved his own father. For some reason the man's face and character wouldn't gel inside his mind. Jennifer no longer carried a photo of Craig, but she assured Justin that there were a number of them back home. Once Justin came back with her he would probably recognize his father without any trouble. When his mom mentioned going back home, Justin's heart sank. He knew she was expecting him to return with her right away even though it hadn't been spoken of out loud.

There were many occasions when Brian and Mark joined in the conversation between mother and son. Those times were quite pleasant since they seldom brought up the past during those exchanges. The conversations would revolve around the things that Brian and Justin had done and the places they had visited during the previous five years. Mark and Jennifer would talk about their courtship and marriage and the family they had formed with young Molly. It was obvious that the married couple shared a great deal of love and respect for each other. To the knowledgeable eye it would have also been obvious that that same devotion and love existed between Brian and Justin. To Jennifer's eye she simply saw the respect and admiration the two men shared. Mark, who was more a man of the world and had lived longer, saw something else. He was loathe to speculate, but there was definitely something going on between his newly found step-son and his benefactor. He began questioning himself as to whether he should say anything about his suspicions to his wife, but decided it was unnecessary to bring up something that he had no proof of anyway. The joy in his wife's face was too beautiful to witness for Mark to want to say anything to distress her.

Things probably would have continued on as they had but for one perfectly innocent encounter only a couple of days before Jennifer and Mark were scheduled to return home. Brian and Justin had visited the Liberty Hotel a number of times during the previous two weeks and introduced the employees there that were friends. Debbie, in particular, took an immediate liking to Jennifer. She found the fellow American a breath of fresh air with her sweet demeanor and obvious love for her son. Brian had given her the heads up that Jennifer did not know the full nature of his relationship with her son so Debbie uncharacteristically curbed her mouth when chatting with her new friends. There would have been no problem if not for one little slip of the tongue.

Brian and Justin had arrived early that afternoon and planned on waiting for Mark and Jennifer to arrive a couple of hours later. They had intended to simply visit with Debbie and the clan since it was a day off for most of them. A billiards table was set up in the back of the cafe and the men were in the mood for a game of two before the couple arrived. They hadn't even racked the balls when Ted casually mentioned that the suite that Brian had ordered for their special night when Justin graduated was now unoccupied. A light bulb went off over Brian's head. He knew that Justin was getting more and more tense as the time for his mother to leave fast approached. A special hour or two in a place that meant so much to them might help ease the tension a bit. It couldn't hurt that it might also remind Justin of why he should stay in Egypt. With that thought in mind, he apologized to their friends and informed Debbie that he'd be back in time to meet the Chambers. He left and made quick work of securing the room for the night, then returned to the cafe. Brian walked over to where Justin was chatting with a fellow American artist and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Do you have time to relive a golden moment, young man," he inquired coyly of his lover.

Justin looked back at Brian with interest. By now he had become accustomed to Brian's many surprises and adventures. They always turned out to be a lot of fun. He wondered what Brian had in mind this time. Whatever it was, he was certain Brian would make it worth his time to follow him. He bid a hasty good-bye to his friend and turned to join Brian at the entrance to the hotel lobby. Within minutes he had a sense of deja vu as they climbed the stairs to the second floor, and he certainly liked the feeling.

Sure enough, Brian led Justin to that same room they had visited not long before. He could still remember the way that Brian took possession of him that night and how delightfully sore he was afterwards, so much so that he had to sit gingerly on the car seat on the way to the gallery for his grand showing. As Brian opened the door to the familiar room, Justin could already feel his cock rising to the occasion. He wanted nothing more than to have Brian filling him up with his love again as he had done so many times by now. Brian turned to face Justin as he shut the door behind them. He could see Justin's hunger already darkening the blue of his eyes.

Brian stepped up to Justin and wrapped his arms lovingly around the young man's body, pulling him in as close as he could. He could feel Justin's desire for him as it brushed against his thigh. He captured Justin's mouth without a word. Words weren't necessary. They had performed this mating dance so many times over the last years and knew each others needs by heart. Brian sought out Justin's tongue with his own and the two dipped into one another with gusto. Their hands went to work pulling off articles of clothing until they finally stood as nature intended...two hungry men longing to become one with nothing standing between them.

The couple inched their way to the bed and lowered down to it, laying side by side. They continued to kiss and fondle, bringing forth sensations like live wires being touched. Brian's cock throbbed with desperate need. He knew he needed to feel the comforting warmth of Justin's walls surrounding and protecting him. He quietly asked Justin to turn around, which the blond did without hesitation. Brian scooted down and began massaging Justin's perineum and hole with his tongue, helping the muscles to relax. He slowly and methodically inserted his fingers one at a time inside Justin, increasing the young man's relaxation. He felt great pleasure at the soft mewling sounds of contentment coming from Justin. He soon knew that Justin was more than ready for him.

Brian spread saliva over his fully engorged cock and got back in place, wrapping his arms around Justin's body from behind. He reached down and placed his cock at Justin's entrance. Instinctively, Justin pushed back and engulfed the head of Brian's shaft. Brian pulled back just a tad as a playful tease, eliciting a small protest. Brian grinned and pushed forward again, this time embedding himself inside his lover. Justin moaned his pleasure and waited for Brian to commence their practiced rhythm. He didn't have to wait long. Soon the men were in perfect timing as always....Brian thrusting, Justin pushing, Justin's leg rising to cover Brian's, Brian's leg moving back and covering Justin's. Brian's fingers played a loving song as he tapped out a beat along Justin's chest and stomach until they reached the slightly darker blond hairs that framed Justin's beautiful cock. Brian grasping that cock as if it were the most perfect diamond ever found and cradling it in his hand reverently...all the while moving in and out of his sanctuary.

Brian recognized the sounds pouring from Justin and knew that he was on the edge, even without being stroked. Justin's hand flew down and covered Brian's as it held onto him. He began pumping their joined hands up and down his shaft as if giving instructions to a novice. Brian needed no instructions, but he loved the feel of Justin's fingers entwined with his. He gratefully accepted the help and the two men brought Justin's orgasm to fruition, followed closely on the heels of Brian's explosion inside his beloved. It took long minutes for them to ease back to earth from the incredible high they had experienced together.

Brian checked the wall clock in the room after the couple were finally able to breathe normally again. They had been laying closely spooned together for more than an hour without even realizing it. They loved the feel of their heartbeats...Justin's against Brian's palm and Brian's against Justin's back. For a brief time they had once again thrown the rest of the world away and lived only for each other. Slowly Justin accepted that it was time to clean up and get dressed again so that they could re-enter the real world...the one that didn't understand that they belonged together and were one soul. Justin began to feel the recognizable quiver in his stomach when he thought of how he should handle his mother and her desire for him to return home to America with her. He knew he couldn't do it...couldn't leave Brian behind. But how much should he tell his mother? That was what tortured him. He had no way of knowing, wrapped in his lover's arms, that the decision had already been made for him just one floor below where they lay.

*************************************************

Mark and Jennifer were running early. They had finished their last minute shopping for souvenirs sooner than planned. They didn't expect to meet with Justin and Brian for nearly another hour, but Jennifer was anxious to see her son. She and Mark had made subtle inquiries into Justin's old passport and whether it would still be good for use in leaving the Country to return home. She discovered that the passport was still good for ten years after issuance if the person was over sixteen when it was renewed. They had done that for Justin when he turned eighteen so the passport would be valid. Since he had been attending school while in Egypt, they would be able to explain why he had been in the Country for so long. It would not hurt that both Mark and Brian had plenty of strings they could pull to ease his exit without too many problems. Jennifer was excited at the prospect of bringing Justin home and helping him to finish putting the pieces of his past into the puzzle so that he could have the full picture of his old life. She was far too happy to see the hesitancy in her husband.

Mark's suspicions about Brian and Justin had grown ever stronger. He now had the distinct impression that the young man was not as eager to return to America as his wife was. Even though his wife didn't seem to notice, Mark did whenever she started rattling on about Justin's return to the young man himself. Justin seemed to shrink inside himself and grow very quiet. Mark had the sense that Justin didn't want to go any further into the conversation, but didn't want to hurt his mother either. Mark now feared that Jennifer would be hurt. It made him feel exceedingly sad, but he was prepared to do whatever it took to make things better.

The couple arrived at the hotel and walked briskly through the lobby, heading for the cafe. The place was far more crowded than usual. There were so many people standing around waiting for tables that the couple couldn't seem to locate either Justin or the taller Brian. Finally Jennifer spotted the very tall Emmett with his back turned while apparently talking to someone at the long bar in the back of the diner. They already knew that Emmett was a very close friend to Brian and Justin so Jennifer led the way through the throng, trying to cut a path to the bar. She was almost directly behind Emmett when she clearly heard a female voice saying...

"I'm glad Ted told them about the room, Em. Now Brian and Justin can have a second honeymoon just as good as the first, or at least I'm presuming they will."

Emmett responded with, "Oh I hope so. You know they need it. They're both so scared that they'll be separated soon. Justin wants so bad not to hurt his mother. He might feel pressured to leave with her instead of staying with Brian. It would kill them both. Don't you agree?"

By this time, Jennifer had gotten close enough to see that it was Debbie sitting on a stool in front of Emmett. She was also close enough to hear every word they spoke. She stopped dead in her tracks. A vice like grip took hold of her heart and squeezed mercilessly. She suddenly felt faint. She swayed slightly but Mark was right behind her to hold her up. He had heard the revealing words too. Just then Debbie spotted the couple standing only a few feet behind Emmett. She let out a gasp of surprise that caused Emmett to flip around. The looks on their faces made it clear that they knew they had said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Debbie started to stand up when Jennifer turned to Mark.

"Take me to our room, Darling. I...I don't feel well. Please."

Mark took Jennifer's arm and helped to guide her back through the crowd of people. When they reached the hotel lobby they took the stairs to the third floor. Mark pulled out his key and they entered the comfortably furnished room. He helped his wife over to the bed and sat her down. Jennifer looked like she had been knocked down by a car. Her face suddenly crumpled and tears began to flow. Mark held her tightly, waiting for the tears to subside. He had known in his heart that Jennifer would have to know the truth some day, but this was not the way it should have been. He prayed that she would be able to understand the special bond between her son and his lover. Mark had never told anyone, but he had a uncle that he adored while growing up who felt the same way as Brian and Justin. The family had turned their backs on Uncle Phillip when they discovered his secret. Mark never saw him again from the age of sixteen. It had broken Mark's young heart. He would do whatever it took to keep that family pain from invading his new family. Somehow he would help his wife to accept what was the reality of her son's life.

To be continued..................