Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this chapter, Brian stands by while Justin and his mother reconnect.  He is a gracious host while quaking with fear over the thought of losing his lover to his long lost family.  Is that fear a valid one?  Time will tell.

The stress of having to face his mother for the first time in years and re-learn so many things about himself had been much harder to deal with than Justin had expected. He was certain he never would have gotten through the whole ordeal if it hadn't been for Brian's reassuring presence. If Brian was disturbed by anything that was revealed, his face certainly didn't show it. He remained calm and passive during the entire time that Jennifer and Justin sat together and talked, as if they were two old friends who had just rediscovered each other after years apart. Brian sat with Mark Chambers, slightly apart from mother and son, and observed their interchange of information as if it had no real significance to his own life. No one would have known that he was shaking inside with fear that Justin would feel compelled to return to his old life.

Jennifer and Justin talked for what seemed hours. After a while, Brian felt his stomach grumbling. He had been so fixated on what was going on with Justin that he hadn't noticed the time at all. He suddenly realized that it was the dinner hour. He had already informed Ahmose that they didn't wish to be disturbed, but it was obvious that mother and son had much more to talk about. Brian finally decided it was time to step in and interrupt the flow of conversation. He excused himself to Mr. Chambers and approached the couple.

"Ahem," he began. "I'm sorry to interrupt you two but it is getting rather late and I thought you might be hungry. My cook is really quite excellent and I would be honored if you would join us...me for dinner tonight. I have no doubt the meal is already prepared."

Jennifer glanced at her husband with a question in her eyes. He briefly nodded his assent. She turned back to her host. Before she could reply, Justin spoke up.

"Honestly Mom, Cook is so skilled. She can prepare a feast that will melt your heart. We can talk more after we eat. I have so many more questions. I can vaguely picture a younger sister, but I can't really remember too much about her...well at least not yet. Maybe if you tell me some more about her, the memories will grow stronger."

Jennifer's heart beat more rapidly when she heard her beloved son call her Mom. She had forced herself to accept that she would never hear that from anyone but Molly ever again, despite the pain it caused, and now the word sounded like music to her ears coming from Justin. The best part was how easily he said it. She hurried to answer her host.

"Yes, Mr. Kinney, I...we would be honored to sit down to dinner with you...and with Justin. Thank you so much for asking us."

"My pleasure Mrs. Chambers. And please do call me Brian."

"I certainly will...Brian, if you'll call me Jennifer."

"Jennifer it is," Brian returned.

Brian rang for Ahmose and the foursome were soon sitting at the ornate dinner table in Brian's dining room and enjoying a splendid repast of meats and pureed peas and beans stuffed in grape leaves, fresh fish with a currant sauce, and warm flat bread with spiced butter. By the time the dessert of poached fruits with candied honeycombs was served everyone felt much more comfortable with each other. The conversation flowed naturally, with an emphasis on the Egyptian nation and its progress in the twentieth century and its splendor from the past. Eventually the conversation turned to some of the exciting things that Justin had seen and experienced thanks to Brian's generosity. Jennifer felt her heart overflowing with gratitude to her son's benefactor even more than before. She could clearly see the affection her son felt for Brian and the equal of it that Brian felt for her son. She had always known that Justin had great potential but Brian's providing of an education had brought out all the talent that Justin possessed. She would never be able to repay Brian for that.

After dinner, the two couples retired back to the living room and mother and son continued talking about the past. A couple more hours sped by before exhaustion began to set in. Brian waited for the moment when he sensed a lag in their exchanges and suggested that everyone take a break and get some rest. Mark, who had been chatting off and on with Brian about world events and their businesses while carefully avoiding the topic of Jennifer and Justin, gratefully agreed that a good night's sleep would be refreshing. Brian invited the Chambers to return to the house for a luncheon in the garden. Justin quickly added that it was a favorite place to enjoy a relaxing meal, something he and Brian did often (making no mention of how some of those lunches had ended in the past). Justin also suggested that his mom might enjoy a tour through his private studio that Brian had set up in the garden. Jennifer happily agreed.

Brian and Justin walked the couple to their rented car. Before stepping into the vehicle, Jennifer gave Brian a thankful kiss for all he had done for her son. She turned to Justin and waited to see if he would hug her as he did so often in the years before. He didn't hesitate. Justin put his arms around his mom and gave her a loving squeeze. They kissed each other softly on the cheek. Mark shook both men's hands and got behind the steering wheel. Jennifer announced that they were staying at the Liberty Hotel, a favorite for Americans, and that they would not be leaving for at least two weeks. Brian gave a short laugh and then explained that they were quite familiar with the Hotel since they had friends who worked there. No mention was made of the special night he had spent there with Justin after the young man's graduation. Brian and Justin waited until the car had departed through the gates and disappeared from sight, then turned into each others arms. It had been miserable for them to avoid touching for so long in their very own home.

They walked back into the house arm in arm, stopping only long enough to request from the ever present Ahmose that evening cocktails be brought to their room. They stepped into their garden and walked across to their bedroom. It felt oddly empty with no sign of Justin's things laying about. Brian hurried in to the bathroom and began running water in their sunken tub. By the time it was filled and oils had been added to the steamy water, the knock on their heavy door signaled that the drinks had arrived. Justin accepted the tray with thanks and added an extra mention of gratitude for the thorough job of transferring his things to the guest bedroom. Ahmose accepted the praise and bid the couple good night.

Justin joined Brian in the bathtub. The men were dead tired. It had been tremendously tiring for Justin to absorb all the new information about who he was. Brian hadn't fared any better from the tension he felt under. Brian didn't like prevaricating, especially in his own domain, but he knew it was necessary. It didn't make it any easier. Justin could feel the knotted muscles in Brian's neck when he wrapped his arms around his lover as they sat face to face on the built in bench. He gently turned Brian around and began to massage the man's neck, shoulders, and back. His hands, which had a great deal of strength in them despite their delicate nature, began kneading each muscle group. He loved the wet, silken feel of the water on Brian's skin.

Justin continued his muscle and skin manipulations until he could finally feel Brian's upper body relaxing. Brian finally leaned back and rested his head on Justin's collarbone. Justin's hands snaked around to the front of Brian's body. He used his nimble fingers to begin massaging Brian's chest. He ran his palms all along the older man's chest, stopping when he encountered the buds of Brian's nipples. He pinched the flat skin between his fingers until he heard short gasps from Brian and could feel the buds blooming. Once they stood erect, Justin used his palms to slowly massage each nipple, causing a fluttering in Brian's stomach.

Justin sat back further so that he could reach even lower from behind. His hands traveled lazily down Brian's abs to his belly button. He swirled the warm scented water in and out of the naval, as if diving for treasure. His hands traveled further south. Soon he could feel the curly hair of Brian's pubes. He held onto Brian's chest with one hand while using the other to twirl the curly hairs between his fingers. By this time, Brian was fully relaxed, but his magnificent cock was far from the same state. It was rigid with tension and brushed against Justin's fingers as they played with the hairs. Justin could hear the throaty sighs that poured from Brian every few minutes. The sound was like music to his ears. He reveled in the noises he could bring out of Brian, as he knew Brian enjoyed doing for him.

Justin began placing little kisses and tiny nips to Brian's throat when the brunet turned to seek out Justin's mouth. He desperately needed to feel the man's lips on his. Justin moved quickly to Brian's mouth. They locked in for a deep kiss despite the awkward positioning. It didn't deter their passion for each other as it built higher and higher. Their tongues danced with each other. Justin's hand had moved from Brian's pubes to his slick hard on. The oiled water made it easy to stroke Brian over and over. The tongues danced more feverishly...the lips crushed each other...the hand stroked more rapidly...the other hand palmed the nipple more firmly. Brian's body began to twitch as if in the throes of a seizure. He moaned deep into Justin's throat and released his orgasm into the perfumed water with an uncontrollable force.

Justin took pity on his depleted lover and began stroking gently, easing off with his movements as he felt Brian's entire body yielding to the relief from pent up emotions released. Brian turned around to face Justin. He pulled the young man into his arms and placed his lips against Justin's ear.

"I love you Justin. I want you to know, no matter what...I love you."

Justin's heart skipped a beat. He felt a stinging behind his eyes. He never doubted Brian's feelings and he had heard those words before from his lover, but there was something different in the tone this time. It was made to sound like a declaration before God. He could feel the intensity and sincerity behind the words and it warmed him in every fiber of his being. He pulled back and placed his hands lovingly on Brian's face. He couldn't speak at first, his heart overwhelming his tongue. He gave himself a mental shake and poured his heart into his next words.

"I know you do Brian, but not one ounce more than I love you. Never doubt me...I beg you. I love my family. I can remember the love so clearly now. But that love is nothing compared to what I feel for you. You are my heart, my soul Brian. It has nothing to do with gratitude for saving me. If someone else had done the same thing, I wouldn't have felt the same way about them. I know that with every thing in me. It has to do with you as a man. You are the other half of me. I don't know what miracle brought us to the same place at the same time and I don't care. I'm just eternally grateful that whatever fate there is did do the right thing for us both. Now I've said enough. Shut me up the way th....."

He got no further. Brian grabbed onto Justin and pulled him in for a searing kiss that sealed the unspoken commitment between the lovers once and for all. They finished their baths, stepped out, rubbed each other down, walked naked into their bedroom, drank a toast to each other, and settled down together on their welcoming bed. Before falling asleep, Brian drank his fill of Justin's sweet life juices after bringing his lover to a heady orgasm of his own. They shared a last embrace before falling asleep in each others arms as they had so many times before. On this night, there were no scary dreams of hidden monsters or forced separations. They dreamed of what they lived...a life as lovers entwined together forever. Somewhere deep inside they knew they would have to resolve Justin's future in a way that was fair to all, but for tonight no one else existed but one another. It was as it should be.

To be continued.................................