Camp Moonlight by Neverbreeze
Summary:

stories/1980/images/camp.jpg

After a promise to Mikey, Brian and the gang goes to camp. Brian could think of many things to do for a week better than going to an adult summer camp.


Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, Alternate Universe, Abuse, Anti-Ethan, Brian/Justin Characters: Ben, Brian, Carl, Daphne, David Cameron, Ethan Gold, Justin, Lindsay, Melanie, Michael, Rodney, Ted
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 10057 Read: 7275 Published: June 02, 2020 Updated: June 16, 2020
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. What Fresh Hell Is This? by Neverbreeze

2. Rock of Ages by Neverbreeze

3. Princess by Neverbreeze

4. Sunday by Neverbreeze

5. Monday by Neverbreeze

6. Tuesday by Neverbreeze

What Fresh Hell Is This? by Neverbreeze
Author's Notes:

I've trying to finish this story. I'll add a chapter a day until it's caught up to where I am now. Trigger warning, there is non-con mentioned but not in detail. Also domestic violance but not very graphic, none of that is in this chapter though. But besides those things it's not as dark as it seems, you get Brian putting up with summer camp after all.

 

 

Brian grumbled as he parked his jeep in the parking lot. Nobody had better touch it while he was doing this idiotic favor for Mikey. Summer camp for adults. Was there anything more stupid? Not only had Mikey talked him into it, he also convinced Mel, Linz, Ted and Emmett. It was just by miracle that Deb had to work, making her not being able to come. Even worse Doctor Dick aka David, was joining them.

He grabbed the one duffle bag he was allowed and locked up his jeep. A bus was scheduled to pick them up…a goddamned bus. He hated Mikey so much right now. When he told Michael, he would get him whatever he wanted for his thirtieth birthday, a week in hell was not what he expected. He had thought he lucked out because Mikey’s birthday is not in the summer. But no, the fucker was fine with waiting.

So now here he was with his own thirtieth birthday in his rearview mirror going to fucking summer camp. At one time in his life he would have loved to go to summer camp. If only to get away from his old man for a summer. It never happened, so he spent time hiding all summer.

“You’re early,” Lindsay said, giving him a hug. “I was sure you wouldn’t come at all.”

He smirked at her. “When do I ever not come?” Lindsay laughed but Mel glared at him. “How did Sonny boy take you two abandoning him?”

“It’s only a week, I’m actually looking forward to this,” Lindsay said with a forced smile.

“That’s not what you said earlier. You said you weren’t leaving, and that your baby needed you.,” Mel added.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Deb is trying to reattach Mikey’s umbilical cord as we speak,” Brian said, trying to make Lindsay laugh again.  

Just then Ted’s grey sedan pulled up. Everything about Ted was grey though. Emmett jumped out of the passenger’s side, wearing ugly hot pink denim jeans and a black mesh top.

“Where do you think, you’re going, Honeycutt?” Brian asked, grinning.

All he packed was jeans, t-shirts and a pair of swim trunks. He also had socks, underwear and most importantly, lube and condoms. Who knew, maybe there would be some buff stud just waiting for him.

“Don’t call me Honeycutt.” He sighed dramatically. “Anyway, can you believe it’s time already? This will be fabulous. I always wanted to go to camp. But too many kids and not enough money.” He suddenly squealed and grabbed Ted, who was schlepping both his and Emmett’s bags over to them.

Brian just shook his head and looked at Lindsay, “Who did you pawn our sprog onto?”

“Hush, Brian. He’s with our friend Dusty and her wife.”

“Poor kid can’t escape from munchers even when he’s abandoned.”

Lindsay frowned, he was just trying to get on Mel’s nerves, not really upset Linz.

“You deserve a break, Wendy,” he said tugging on her hair.

“When is the bus supposed to get here?” Emmett asked.

“About thirty minutes. I thought Michael and David would be here first,” Ted said

“They’re probably trying to tie Deb to a chair, just so they can get away. You know she has trouble letting her baby go,” Brian sneered. He loved Michael and Debbie but it still confused him how his best friend could be such a mama’s boy.

It was five minutes until the bus was to arrive by the time Michael and David got there.

“I didn’t know there was a Captain Astro duffle bag,” Ted said blandly.

“Hey, guys, are you excited?” Michael asked.

Brain rolled his eyes, this was going to be one long week.

“Thrilled,” he said, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

A mostly white old school bus turned into the lot. Beautifully painted animals were throughout both sides of the bus. A tall, buff man stepped down out of the bus. He looked vaguely familiar, it took him a moment to place him as a trick he had at the white party a few years back.

His eyes showed that he recognized Brian, but thankfully didn’t say anything. He smiled broadly at them, then looked at his clipboard. Was this really fucking happening?

“You guys are my first pick up. We have two more stops along the way. It will be late by the time we reach camp, so please use the restroom when we stop for lunch. I have some rules to read off before we go. Rule one: staff of Camp Moonlight are in charge Rule two: you can only bring what’s on the accepted list, it should have already been sent to you. No money or personal electronics. Rule three: no sex. Rule Four: people in couples will not be sharing cabins. If you are in a same sex marriage or relationship, then you will not be sharing a cabin either. This is to be as close to a children’s summer camp as possible sans the children. Are there any questions?”

“Yeah, do we commit suicide here or there?” Brian asked.

“Funny, Mr.” He looked down at his clipboard. But Brain knew he had remembered him. “Kinney.”

After they loaded their bags the man, Ben, called roll. Finally, they were off to pick up the other loser’s whole thought this was a good idea. Ben spoke with them a little, he was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He apparently worked at the camp during the summer to reduce stress. The camp was a regular kids camp for six weeks. But the last two weeks of summer it was adults. They were the first week, there would be another group next week.

The have and don’t have paper said to only bring medication and their license along with clothes. They were allowed small personal items if it wasn’t electronics or money of any type.

Michael sat by him for the whole ride. The camp was in North Carolina, so it was a bit of a ride. David sat in front of them, occasionally shooting Brian dirty looks. At their last stop a stone-faced woman sat beside David, it all seemed to piss him off more. That made Brian feel a little better.

It was early afternoon when they arrived. He was surprised he see they weren’t the only bus, there was two other buses, all painted similarly.

An older, portly man greeted them as they exited the bus.

“Welcome to Camp Moonlight, I’m the owner. You can call me Uncle Dan. Follow me and we will have assigned cabins.

They joined the three other busloads of idiotic adults.

“When I call, your name step up here. I’ll assign you to your cabin and introduce you to your camp counselor. “

“Hey, Em, they have your job,” Brian said. Emmett just rolled his eyes.

“Settle, children. I hope everyone was honest while filling out the paperwork because the cabins and cabinmates have already been picked out. I’ll start with cabin A, otherwise known as the Cypress: Mike Rhodes, Carlos Martez, Gene Abbott and Lewis Jenkins.”

It went on and on. Ted was put in the Elm cabin. Emmett and Michael were put in the Dogwood cabin. Michael bitched about not being in a cabin with Brian, Brian kind of had to agree because the whole reason he was there was for Mikey.  Lindsay was put in the Juniper cabin, Mel was in the Maple cabin. Then David and Brian were sorted into the Oak cabin.

Once they were all sorted they were lead to their cabins. The Oak counselor was a greasy haired kid with a sole patch.

“How old are you?” a middle-aged man asked the boy. The kids badge identified him as Ethan.

“Twenty. Everyone here is over eighteen. Legal reasons.”

That made sense to Brian, with this many adults there was going to be fucking. No matter what the rules said. Best to make sure everyone’s of age.

As they passed the Dogwood cabin he got to see Mikey and Emmett’s counselor. Uncle Dan said that their counselor was helping set up the dining hall and he would meet them at the cabin.

Brain stopped in his tracks, he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the blonde. Usually Brian went from for bigger, older and brawnier than this kid. But as the kid stood there, sunlight shining down on his blonde hair, Brian was entranced.

“Wait, are you a fag?” a thin, balding man suddenly asked the blonde kid.

Whatever the kid was saying before stopped. Brian listened in, leaving his own group by moving closer.

“Yes, if you have a problem with that; I can find a volunteer from another cabin to switch with you.”

“I’ll volunteer,” Brian said, with a smirk.

The boy smiled at him, a smile that could match the sun.

“What cabin are you in?”

“Oak.”

The boy grimaced for a split second before looking at the homophobe.

“If you grab your bag and follow me, I’ll let Ethan know about the switch.” He then looked at Brian. “What’s your name?”

“Brian Kinney.” The kid jotted it down on his clipboard before leading the homophobe away.

“Brian, this is great, we’re in the same cabin now,” Michael said excitedly.

Brian smiled for a whole different reason. He would have to blonde before the night was over, then he would move on to the next. Maybe this week wouldn’t be so bad. One possible problem was the kid was young, he would have to make sure he knew this was a one-time thing.

 

Rock of Ages by Neverbreeze
Author's Notes:

Trigger warning

 

 

“Hey, Ethan,” Justin called. The older boy turned around, smiling at Justin.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise?” Ethan said, his smile making Justin sick.

“I have a camper for you. This is Paul Denbigh, I’ll be taking Brian Kinney into my cabin. Mr. Denbigh has asked not to be in my cabin.”

After saying what he needed to, he turned and left. To get away from Ethan; just looking at the man made his skin crawl.

He had met Ethan Gold went he went to visit PIFA campus his senior year. There was something about the guy that make him feel uncomfortable, but he pushed those thoughts away. He seemed nice enough in the beginning. When Ethan asked him out on a date, he accepted; the last ‘date’ he’d been on was with Laurie Pentecost in the eighth grade.

The first half of the date with Ethan was fun. He didn’t even mind that he was the one that paid most of it, he thought the one that asked the other out should pay or maybe go Dutch. But when Justin agreed to go back to Ethan’s, it turned out for the worst.

They sat down on Ethan’s shabby lawn chairs and talked. When Ethan offered him a drink, he accepted. Why wouldn’t he? It wasn’t until a little while later that he started to feel woozy. That was the last thing he remembered until he woke up the next morning. He was on a dingy mattress that was just sitting on the floor. When he went to get up, he felt a shooting pain that shouldn’t be there. His clothes had been discarded on the floor. Try as he might he couldn’t remember anything past coming back to Ethan’s the night before. He dressed and ran home to his parents.

He made the mistake of telling them what had happened. So in one go, he told them he was gay and was raped. His mother cried and told him that he needed to go to the hospital, but his father had stopped that. He said that he deserved whatever happened to him, because all homosexuals were perverts, if he wanted to be one…he should get used to what had happened to him.

Justin couldn’t stay there anymore, even if he wanted because his father had kicked him out. He never did go to the hospital. He went the Gay and Lesbian Center, hoping they could help him. Surprisingly, they did. A large donor to the GLC was looking for an assistant. That was when he met Uncle Dan. Uncle Dan was a widower who was trying to make a wrong into something good for people. After months, Justin started to feel like himself again. Even going as far as going on a few dates, though he watched his drink like a hawk now…and he didn’t trust as easily anymore.

After he moved in with Dan, the man talked to him about his son. When his son was fourteen he was so scared to tell his father who he was, he ran away only leaving a letter. The letter said that he’s son wasn’t like other boys, he liked to wear woman’s clothes and felt like on the inside was a woman. So for fifteen years Dan’s been looking for his son, although he doesn’t know if he’s his son any longer. Dan didn’t care, he just wanted his child back, woman or man.

When Dan asked him to work at the summer camp, Justin was excited. He had gone to summer camp every year from ages eight to sixteen. That’s why he asked Daphne if she wanted to be a counselor with him, if felt wrong to be at camp without her there.

Just when he felt he was moving on with his life, Ethan had showed up on the day the counselors were supposed to be there. Dan knew what had happened to Justin, but he had never told him who had done it. He couldn’t tell Dan about Ethan, it had been hard enough when Dan didn’t have a face to go with the crime. At first, he worried about Ethan being near the kids, but on the first day, Ethan made it clear who he wanted…again.

Justin had done his best to keep away from him. What also calmed Justin down was during the six weeks the kids were there; the kids were never alone. Even in the cabins there were two counselors. They were junior counselors, they were sixteen or seventeen. The junior counselor who was paired up with Ethan looked like a tank. Well over six-feet tall and pushing three hundred pounds. The boy was also the nicest boy Justin had ever met. So, he told the boy to always get his own drinks and never let one out of his sight. He did end up telling Jake what had happened to him early on. Something about him just made him open up. Jake wanted Justin to tell Dan but he just couldn’t…it was too embarrassing to be scared. He was a grown man now.

Jake also kept his eyes on Ethan after that, he was always following him. But Jake had to leave the day before with all the other underage campers. Now Justin was here with Ethan, only the two of them knowing their secret.

Jake had rummaged through Ethan’s things the first week, ended up flushing every powder and pill in his bag. What Justin also liked about Jake, was that while he was straight and a year younger than Justin, he didn’t care Justin was gay. Justin hoped Jake got accepted to Carnegie Mellon, then they could be friends.

As he walked into his cabin he heard yelling. Brian Kinney was yelling at another one of the campers. A short, dark haired man.

“I can’t even sleep here, Mikey. I’m too fucking tall,” Brian sneered. “Not only that, but there’s probably more spunk on those bunkbeds than on the floor of the Baths.”

“Did you even look at the mattress?” Justin questioned.

That seemed to make the man stop. He looked over to the beds. They were all covered with rubber sheets.

“Why are they covered with rubber sheets?”

“Nocturnal emissions,” Justin said with a smile.

“Gross,” the shorter man said.

Justin shrugged. “Everyone gets a set of clean sheets and a light blanket. You should have brought your own pillow. I’ve washed the bedclothes myself, and bleached the rubber sheets. If you want your sheets washed every day, then you must do that after dinner. Speaking of which, dinner will be in three hours. You will be able to relax tonight. Our cabin schedule is posted up on my door.” He pointed to his room. It was barely bigger than a walk-in closet but at least private. “As you can tell there is not bathroom here. Down the hill to the left is your shower and restroom, to the right is the girls, don’t mix them up. Up the hill to the left is the dining hall. It’s where we will eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. You don’t have to sit with your cabin, sit wherever you like.”

“Can we have a grownup counselor,” a stern looking man said.

“Umm…the oldest counselor here is Ben. But he won’t take any new campers. He’s all about working out your own problems.”

“Great, I have some kid younger than my daughter telling me what to do. My kids are going to laugh their asses off.”

Justin smiled at the man. At first, he thought the man was complaining about him in particular. But now it just seemed he felt foolish for coming. This was Justin’s first year working at the camp so he hadn’t had this problem yet.

“Just think of all the stories you’ll get to tell them. Did your wife come too?” He could have kicked himself when the man’s stern face turned sad.

“No, my wife passed away a few years back. My son, he’s stationed in Germany, thought this would be good for me. I’ve been working since I was twelve. He said that I need this, whatever that means.”

“What’s your name?” Justin looked down at his clipboard. The man was either Carl Horvath, Emmett Honeycutt or Michael Novotny. Though he suspected Michael Novotny was the short, dark haired man that Brian called Mikey.

“Carl,” he said a little stiffly.

“These beds are actually bigger than a standard twin. Uncle Dan wanted something that grownups could fit it.” He blushed. He sounded like a kid saying grownups. “Let’s do a roll-call. Say present when I say your name. Emmett Honeycutt.”

“Present and accounted for, hottie,” a tall, colorfully dressed man said wiggling his fingers at him. Justin blushed deeper.

“Carl Horvath.”

“Present,” the older, stern looking man said, looking uncomfortably at Emmett.  

“Michael Novotny.”

“Here,” the short, dark haired man said. Him and Emmett looked like the only ones that wanted to be there.

“Brian Kinney.”

Silence. Justin looked up to see the gorgeous man smirking at him. “Great, we’re all here. I’ll leave you here to get to know each other. You are free to roam around camp, just stay to the trails and remember dinner is at six-thirty.”

Justin left his campers to go in the search of Daphne. He just had to tell her about the god that was in his cabin at that very moment.

 

Princess by Neverbreeze

 

 

After the blonde left the cabin, Brian threw his bag on the top bunk by the window. Fuck if someone was going to sleep over him, and given the chance that was where Mikey would.

“Well, what the fuck do you want to do now?” he asked Michael. “You better believe this is your fucking present until your old and grey in a nursing home.”

“Let’s go find the others,” Michael said.

They found David first, who was coming to find Michael. Ted next, then the munchers. It was decided by those who gave a fuck, that they would go to the entertainment lounge. Since his ‘counselor’ didn’t tell his group where it was, he had to follow the rest. 

There were already quite a few others there. This must be what hell feels like. He was sure of it. Who in their right mind thought this sounded fun? The whole point of being an adult was being able to sleep, eat and piss when you wanted to, not be bossed around by some baby-faced twink.

Inside the entertainment lounge there was a few pool tables, three chess tables, an old as dirt tv with a vcr hooked up to it. A couple of couches and lot of empty space. How the hell was this entertainment? Where was the alcohol and porn?

Just as he was about to yell at Michael again, someone caught his eye. The man was maybe twenty-five. Surfer body with brown hair streaked with blonde. Leaving the others, he made his way to the stud.

“Wanna get out of here?” His voice husky in the man’s ear.

The stud turned around, his eyes devouring Brian. If there was a hot gay man in the area, Brian had a talent for locating them. The stud nodded and they headed out the door. Thankfully, Brian had a condom and a packet of lube in his pocket. They found a quiet area out by the front of the hiking trail, just behind the tree line.

“My name’s Lucas,” the trick said as he dropped to his knees in front of Brian.

“I didn’t ask.”

“Fuck, you’re hung,” the trick grunted as he pulled Brian’s cock out.

“Less talk,” Brian growled. He would be damned if he went all week without getting his needs met.

The trick took him down his throat like a pro. Brian bucked his hips, the trick grabbed his hips. When he pulled the trick into the woods his plan was to fuck him. But passing up a mouth like his would be a crime. Brian came with a roar, down the stud’s throat. He quickly shoved his spent cock back into his pants, buttoning them.

“When do you want to do this again?” the trick asked.

“Sorry, no repeats.”

He thought he heard the guy call him asshole before he got back to the trail. Heading back to the entertainment lounge his legs were suddenly hit from behind. After barely able to catch himself from falling, he spun around glaring at the offender.

“What the fuck!” he yelled, looking at the thing.

“Princess, no!”

Brian looked up to see Justin, the camp counselor, jogging towards him and the creature in front of him.

“Princess?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, sorry. This is Princess, don’t worry; she stays in Uncle Dan’s cabin at night.”

“Why the hell is there a pot-bellied pig here?”

The thing had to be at least one-hundred and fifty pounds. It was ugly…kind of reminded him of his cousin Louise.

“Princess is our mascot. She’s also Uncle Dan’s companion. He’s allergic to cats and dogs. So he got Princess a few years ago.”

The blonde grabbed the pig by its pink collar, snapping a leash to it. For crying out loud, he was treating the thing like it was a dog.

Just before Brian went to walk away the pig charged at him, head-butting his shins. She had just enough room to do it while still on the leash.

“That thing is rabid,” Brian snarled.

“No, she’s not; I don’t understand, she loves everyone. I’ve never seen her react like this to anyone. Come on, Princess, you’re being such a naughty girl,” Justin said to the pig.

Brian shook his head before rubbing his shin. Animals never had liked him, when they were teenager’s Michael had a pet hamster. He swore the thing planned his death. When it died a few months later, Brian told the thing he won before helping Mikey bury it.

He watched as Justin led the pig way, this time a little more firmly.

“Brian, there you are. I’ve been looking for you,” Michael said, coming up behind him.

“I went for a walk,” he told him.

“Well, come on, let’s look around before dinner.”

Brian rolled his eyes, but there was nothing else to do. “Fine,” he agreed begrudgingly.

When dinner was called in the dining hall. The Liberty gang all sat together and surprisingly enough, Carl. All Brian had to do was make it to Saturday, then he could escape. He was never going to let Mikey forget this.

“Brian, what do you do for a living?” Carl asked.

They had been chatting about how much the placed sucked a few minutes ago. Brian thought about bringing up his trick, who really could suck. But decided to play nice, at least until the older man pissed him off.

“I’m a Junior Partner at Ryder Advertising. You?”

“Detective with the Pittsburgh PD.”

Great, just what they needed, Johnny Law. The good detective asked the rest of them the same question. Poor Mikey had to answer he was a house husband. Him and David were supposed to move to Portland, Oregon in a few months. Lindsay showed Carl pictures of Gus, gushing about the baby. She was a little misty in the eyes after she finished.

Before dinner was over, David asked Michael to go on a walk with him. Brian did his best not to vomit in his mouth.

“This place is so nice. I couldn’t believe Brian actually agreed to come,” Michael said.

He was walking with David on a dark hiking path. It was a little creepy but he had his big, strong partner with him.

“Can we not talk about Brian, for once?!” David snapped.

He was squeezing Michael’s arm…hard. “David, you’re hurting me,” he said, trying to pull his arm out of David’s grip.

“What do you think you always going on about Brian does to me?” David snapped. For the first time in their relationship Michael feared him.

“Is there a problem here?”

Michael looked behind him and saw his camp counselor, even if he was a young kid, David wouldn’t behave like he was in front of him.

“No, no problem here,” David said, letting go of him.

“I was about to have a cabin meeting. Are you ready, Michael?”

“Oh, yeah, sure.” He turned to David, who was glaring at the blonde kid. “Hey, I’ll see you in the morning. Alright?”

“Of course. See you in the morning.”

David turned and headed off in the opposite direction. Michael turned around back at Justin.

“Are you alright?” the boy asked.

Feeling a little exposed he just wanted to go back to the cabin. “Yeah, perfectly. Let’s go.”

The blonde looked at him wearily but finally nodded. He followed him to the cabin, hoping that he would let the incident drop. He didn’t want any of his friends to find out about how rough David had been. He was sometimes aggressive but Michael was never scared until today. He was sure it was because he was a fish out of water here.

 

Sunday by Neverbreeze
Author's Notes:

 

 

 

                                   Sunday Morning

 

“My fucking back hurts,” Brian bitched for the ninth time since waking up on that piece of plywood they call a mattress. He was going to have to get his spine realigned by the end of this. He should sue Mikey and the camp.

“Would you just shut up, it’s not like everyone else slept great,” Mel bitched back.

He didn’t know what was going on but from the looks between her and Lindsay, he would guess there was trouble in Muncherland.

“I have to side with Brian, those beds are going to put me in an earlier grave,” Carl said.

Carl wasn’t one for meeting new people, so he just stuck with them. A few times he looked uncomfortable with their jokes or affection to one another but that was getting less and less. For being an old, straight cop, Brian kind of liked him. He was grumpy and Brian had that in common with him.

“They’re not that bad, I feel fresh as a daisy,” Emmett said, smiling widely at them.

Brian rolled his eyes, he was dead, and this was hell, he knew it. He let his eyes wander around the dining hall. They landed on the blonde counselor. He was sitting with a dark-skinned girl and a tall, built man with a shaved head and a rainbow-colored necklace. Brian had found his next target for the day; he would wait on the twink.

“Did you see what your first activity this morning is?” Ted asked, pushing his gruel around his plate.

Brian did his best not to groan, he forgot they had scheduled activities.

“I have arts and crafts; we’re paired with Cedar and Hawthorn.” Mel said.

“Nature studies with Ash and Birch,” Lindsay said, looking less than pleased.

“Don’t fucking look at me, I don’t have a clue,” Brian said as eyes turned to him.

“We have music appreciation with Elm and Oak,” Michael added. 

“Kill me now,” Brian groaned.

After breakfast he followed his cabin to a clearing far away from all the other activities areas. There was a stump in dead center and surrounding the stump were 12 musical instruments. They weren’t normal instruments that he was used to seeing though.

“I’m glad everyone could make it here. This is musical appreciation and I’m Ethan. Please take a spot behind an instrument but don’t pick it up yet.”

Brian stepped behind a drum looking thing. Michael was next to him behind a box looking thing. This was going to suck and not in the good way.

“Alright, when I point at you, say your name and what you think your instrument is,” the rat faced boy said.

He pointed at Michael and Michael looked down at his instrument before looking back up. “My name is Michael, and this looks like a box.”

Ethan smiled condescendingly at Michael, making Brian want to wipe the smug smile off his face. Only he could make fun of Michael’s stupidity, he had earned it.

“That’s a Chemnitzer concertina, it’s from the hand-held bellows-driven free-reed category. But you are right, because sometimes they are called squeezeboxes. It’s an amazing history but we don’t have time to get into it now. This one is German though.” He then pointed to Brian and Brian saw how the boy’s eyes devoured him.

“Brian. No idea.”

“In front of Brian is a Tan-tan, they are from Brazil and are in the percussion family.”

It was the longest hour of Brian’s life. That was saying something since he remembered never ending church services with his mother. Next, they had an hour free time before arts and crafts. They all met back up in the entertainment lounge, mostly because it had air conditioning.

“How was music appreciation?” Lindsay asked.

“I wanted to gauge my eyes and ears out,” Brian said.

“We didn’t even get to play any of the instruments,” Michael pouted.

“That’s stupid,” Mel said.

Brian hated to agree with Mel, but it was, all they got to do was look at the damned things while Ethan talked. It was mind-numbingly boring.

“How was Arts and Crafts?” Lindsay asked Mel.

“You’re going to love it, Linz. Our instructor was a sweet blonde boy who couldn’t be older than eighteen. He’s so talented but made sure the class was about the students, not himself.”

“Oh, I don’t have arts and crafts today,” Lindsay said a little sadly.

“I only have one question,” Brian said. Everyone looked at him. “Did they at least drain and bleach the pool after the rugrats left? I don’t want to swim around in piss, that’s not my kink.”

“And what is your kink?”

Brian looked up and saw the buff, bald man from earlier. His voice was smooth, and he looked even better up close. He was wearing the Camp Moonlight t-shirt that was at least two sizes too small, showing every muscle on him.

Brian was just about to say something, but the man looked up and his whole face changed. One second it was full of lust then it was full of something else, wonderment if he had to guess. Brian looked to where the man was looking now. He saw his cabin counselor walking in with the young woman he ate with earlier. At first, he thought the man was looking at the girl, after all he could be bi. But the girl split off and Baldy’s eyes followed Blondie.

Baldy’s left without even giving Brian a backward glance.

“Blondie needs to watch out, that’s obsession level there,” Brian said.

“He came into our class too. It was a bit weird. It took Justin a little get him to leave. But it didn’t look like he was uncomfortable with him,” Mel said.

Brian shrugged; it wasn’t his business. Maybe fucking the stalker wouldn’t be a good idea. Bunny boilers weren’t really his type.

 

 


 

Justin smiled as Blue headed his way. He really liked Blue; he was a true friend.

“Hey, is the pool ready to open yet? I’ve had several inquiries,” he asked Blue.

“Yeah, it’s ready for the gate to open. I’ve got the lifeguard schedule. You’re on it evenings from six to seven.”

“Thanks, I’ll put it down on my notebook. So…have you asked this mystery man out yet?” Justin asked.

Blue had a crush on someone, and it was driving Justin crazy. Blue also worked with Uncle Dan in Pittsburgh like Justin. He was in school to be a Registered Nurse. Blue was one of the most caring and decent people he knew, whoever this mystery man was, he was incredibly lucky.

“No, haven’t gotten up the nerve yet. But the stud at the pool table might be a welcomed distraction.”

Justin turned slightly to see the pool tables. Once he saw Brian there, lining up to take a shot there was no doubt who Blue was talking about.

“No sex,” Justin said, laughing.

Blue laughed with him. The no sex rule was Uncle Dan’s overly hopeful idea to have this closest to a child’s summer camp as possible. He remembered his summer camp though; he was sure that his counselors were hooking up right and left.

“Oh, I’ve heard something that is a little distressing and was wondering what you think,” Blue said.

“Sure, what is it?”

“You know I don’t like to speak bad about people, but I’ve had a complaint about Ethan. I was wondering if I should tell Uncle Dan.”

Justin tensed up, just like he did every time Ethan’s name was said. “What’s going on? Who complained?”

“Well, I don’t feel right sharing who it was, I hope you understand.”

“Of course.”

“He just said that last night after dinner Ethan approached him and hit on him. The guy turned him down and didn’t think much of it until this morning, he said that he came back after breakfast to grab something out of his duffle bag and Ethan was there in the room messing with his stuff. It’s not Ethan’s cabin, he had no reason to be in there.”

The unease in Justin’s stomach began to grow. He was now aware what a sick bastard Ethan was but there were others not in the know. “That does sound like something that you need to report to Uncle Dan,” he said honestly.

Blue nodded. “Yeah, that’s what I thought. I just hate ratting on Ethan, makes me feel like a tattletale.”

“You’re not, you’re doing your job to keep everyone safe, just remember that.”

 

 


 

Justin had just gotten done with his shift as lifeguard and didn’t have anything else to do for the night until head count at lights out. The six to seven lifeguard shift was the best because dinner was at a half past six. That meant as soon as the last person left the pool, he could shut the gate and lock it up. Daphne would have his dinner waiting for him when he got to the dining hall.

As he was taking the short cut behind the cabins, he heard a noise. It was moaning, loud moaning. At first, he thought someone was in pain, so he slowly made his way from where the sounds were coming from.

It was still pretty light out because sundown didn’t usually happen until after eight around this time of year. Because of that he was able to see the show that was being put on for anyone to see. There was Brian Kinney in all his glory fully dressed except for his cock that was out, not that Justin could see it. That was because it was buried in Blue who was moaning loudly.

He had known that Blue wanted Brian but deep down he kind of hoped Brian wasn’t that easy. It looked like he had been wrong to assume that. Feeling stupid for his little crush on Brian, he turned and headed quickly back to his cabin, not feeling like dinner anymore. There were more than enough counselors in the dining hall already.

He buried his face in his pillow as he screamed into it. It would figure the first guy he felt attracted to since that night and that man got around. There was also the issue with Blue, he hoped he didn’t get his heart broke; he was so tenderhearted. He wasn’t Justin’s type, but Justin had wished he were when he got to know him. But you can’t make someone have feelings for another. Just like you couldn’t choose who your attracted too, if he could it wouldn’t be the gorgeous man fucking his friend up against a tree that Justin had drawn under before. He would no longer be doing that.

A little while later he felt a hand on his back, rubbing circles. He figured it was Daphne, she always knew when he needed her.

“It’s alright, just let it out,” a familiar, kind voice said.

For a split second he tensed up when he realized it wasn’t Daphne but calmed instantly when he realized it was Uncle Dan.

Turning around to see him, Justin wiped the tears away from his face. “Sorry,” Justin mumbled.

“It’s fine. Tell me, what’s wrong? Has someone hurt you?” Uncle Dan asked, his protective mode intact.

“Nothing, no one hurt me. I did this to myself.”

“Hmm…”

“Really, I’m fine. I just got a stupid crush on one of our campers, he’s gorgeous. It just turns out the fantasy I was running through my head was just that…a fantasy.”

“Oh, Justin, one day you will find someone to treat you like the prince you are. Until then, you just concentrate on yourself. You are still so young and have been through so much. Pain makes art meaningful, or so I’ve heard.”

Justin smiled; he had told that to Uncle Dan once. “Thanks.”

“So, tell me about who this young man is who’s turned your head.”

“It’s stupid, he’s way out of my league.”

“Impossible. Well, have your secrets. Ms. Chanders has informed me that you haven’t eaten. I’ve instructed Rodney to keep the kitchen open for you. Go on now, you know how he gets about being late watching his stories.”

Rodney the camp cook was the only one in the camp, besides Uncle Dan, that was allowed electronics. His cabin was next to Uncle Dan’s and he had a television and old vcr hooked up to it. He recorded soap operas during the week and would binge them on the weekend.

“Fine, I wouldn’t want Rodney to go after me the with the rolling pin again.” He had accidently cut the power to Rodney’s cabin at the conclusion of an excessively big cliff hanger.

 

 

Monday by Neverbreeze

 

 

 

                                         MONDAY

 

Brian looked at Michael suspiciously. Michael had come back to the cabin late last night and had been unusually quiet. He had been moving slowly. Brian was waiting for Michael’s childlike wonder to start but as the day wore on it hadn’t. After their boating excursion with a tall, thin female counselor named Cindy, he asked Michael if he wanted to swim.

“Um…not today. I think I’ll just read.”

“You can read anytime; the whole point of this trip is to do whatever the hell campers do.”

“Just leave it, Brian,” Michael snapped before stomping off.

Brian watched him go into their cabin, after a minute he decided to leave him be. Instead of worrying about Michael, he went off to find Lindsay to see if she wanted to swim. If they wanted to make him feel like a child, they succeeded. The pool had a rule about having a “buddy” when you swam. He was a fucking adult and swam better than any of the twats playing lifeguard.

He couldn’t find Lindsay, but he saw Ted walking towards him, he was already in his swim trunks.

“Hey, Bri, I was just going to the pool. What to come? Emmett’s drooling over one of the counselors.”

“Sure, why not,” he said, thankful that he hadn’t had to ask.

“Which counselor has Emmett all hot and bothered?”

“Our driver…Ben. He’s counselor of Cypress. He also teaches meditation.”

“God, meditation, we are in hell, you know that, right?”

Ted just laughed.

It was an hour until dinner, and he was going to get sun while he could. He swam a while but then laid out on one of the beach chairs, hoping to tan. It was annoying that he had to keep his suit on, he would have preferred an all over tan.

As he was sunbathing, he noticed his counselor, Justin coming into the gate. He watched at Justin let the current lifeguard get down taking her place. The boy was covered in sunblock, he must burn with his pale skin.

Brian let his eyes roam over the young man’s body. He wasn’t muscular or built. But he was young and tight looking, Brian wanted to taste him.

He was jerked out of his fantasy by the twink’s change in expression. One minute he was smiling and laughing at the antics of some of the campers, then his expression turned sour. Brian followed his line of sight and saw his original cabin counselor. He was just outside the pool fence talking to the camper that gave Brian a blowjob the first night. The camper looked uncomfortable with whatever they were talking about.

Luckily, the trick from last night seemed to come out of nowhere, whisking the camper off, leaving a scowling counselor. Brian looked back to Justin, he looked better, more relaxed. What was going on there?

Brian decided to shower before dinner, so he left, telling Ted as he went. He had to go to his cabin to get some clothes and his toiletry bag. As he entered the cabin, he heard a faint noise. It was crying. Muffled crying. Slowly he turned the corner that separated their bunk area and the front door. That was when he saw Michael, face buried in his pillow, crying. Brian had never seen Michael cry, just like Michael had never seen him cry. Michael wasn’t a butch, tough guy but didn’t like to show his emotions, he was scared he would look like his mom when she went off the handle.

“Michael, what the hell is wrong?” he asked, his voice brasher than he planned.

Michael jumped, turning around in the bottom bunk, his eyes red. He looked like he would speak but shook his head.

“Come on, Michael, talk to me.” Sensitive really wasn’t his wheelhouse but he would try for Michael.

“David broke up with me,” he said, his voice rough.

“And?” This was very unlike Michael to be losing it over a guy.

“There’s something else.”

“What?”

Michael got off the bed, he moved slowly like he was in pain. He hesitantly lifted his shirt up. That’s when Brian saw bruises on his stomach and his ribs.

“Christ, Michael, what the hell happened?”

“David didn’t want to come here. I knew that and I still pushed, it was my fault.”

“David did this? I’ll fucking kill him,” Brian said, turning to get out the door.

“He called a cab from Uncle Dan’s cabin earlier. He’s gone. Just let it go.”

“Are you going to call the cops?”

“I just want to forget all about this.”

“You need to be looked at.”

“I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not. You can either let me take you to the doctor or I call Deb.”

Michael shivered and relented. “Fine.”

“Stay here, I need to go see about getting a ride out of here. Then we can go home.”

“NO! I want to stay, please don’t let him ruin this too.”

God, Brian couldn’t say no to that, fuck David again.

 

 


 

Justin was talking to Uncle Dan in his cabin about the next day’s activities when someone started banging on the door. Dan opened it and was greeted with the angry face of one Brian Kinney.

“Can I help you, son?” Uncle Dan asked.

Brian scoffed. “The camper you let leave beat his boyfriend black and blue before he left. Michael doesn’t want cops involved but he needs to be seen by a doctor.”

“What? I don’t understand. Someone was hurt while at my camp?” Uncle Dan asked, getting himself worked up.

“Listen, no one’s blaming you for David being a tool. I just need to use a car and directions to the closest ER. I just need to get Michael looked at.”

“Closest hospital is an hour away,” Dan said before looking at Justin. “Call Gloria and have her come over and check the boy out.”

“He needs a doctor not some old woman,” Brian said.

Justin laughed. Gloria Fielding was many things but describing her as just an old woman was laughable.

“Gloria is a doctor. She has a small medical office a few miles away. If she thinks he needs an x-ray or something she’ll take him. She’s a very respected doctor.”

Uncle Dan was also sweet on her, but he didn’t think he deserved happiness. That made Justin said, he just wanted the old man happy.

 

 


 

Hours later Brian watched a sleeping Michael. The doctor said that she suspected Michael’s ribs were just bruised, a trip to the clinic confirmed that. Michael had some pain killers and something to help him sleep. Brian wasn’t having any luck falling asleep, so he decided to go for a walk. The camp was dark, the only light was the lit walkway to the restrooms.

He just walked, letting his mind go. There had been so many emotions when he found out David hurt Michael. It happened right under his nose and he didn’t see. Why didn’t he see it? He watched his father beat his mom and sister; he remembered his father’s fists laying into him. Why couldn’t he see that Michael was slipping away?

“God, you are so fucking hot,” a voice said.

Brian looked around, thinking someone was talking to him but no one was there.

“Very lame,” a female voice said.

“Cut it out, Daphne,” the male voice said, it was familiar.

“Hey, you told me to help you with your pickup lines. I’m just saying, that’s lame. No way will someone like Brian fall for it.”

“I told you, it’s not Brian,” the male voice said, he know knew who it belonged to, Justin…his counselor.

“Oh, come on, you’ve been gaga for him since he arrived.”

“Well, maybe but he’s not very discriminating on who he sleeps with. You know that I can’t do that.”

“Yeah, I know. I know who does want to have a happily ever after with you.”

“Who?”

“Blue. You have to see it; he’s is head over heels for you.”

“You’re crazy, Blue and I are just friends.”

Brian didn’t want to hear anymore. It was worse than kids in high school. But he had guessed the bald counselor was enthralled with the blond boy earlier. Sadly, it only made Brian want him more. He was sure it was because the blond wouldn’t easily fall into bed with him. Of course, he hadn’t truly been up against the Stud of Liberty Avenue before. That’s what he would do, Brian needed something to focus on. He would get the blond twink to sleep with him, he would be honest because he didn’t want the kid following him around after. This week just started to look up.

 

Tuesday by Neverbreeze

 

 

 

                  Tuesday

 

“What is that noise?” Justin bitched to himself. The sun wasn’t even up yet but he could hear banging on one of the cabins’ external doors. It wasn’t his cabin but close enough for him to hear voices. He opened his bedroom door and walked out, finding most of his campers gathered around a window looking out.

“Oh god, what is she doing here?” Michael groaned. Justin could see how stiff he was standing.

“It’s obvious isn’t it. Someone called her and told her little Mikey needed his mommy,” sneered Brian.

They were all still looking out the window and no one had noticed him yet.

“Oh no, I think this might be my fault. Rodney let me use the camp’s phone, I thought she should know,” Emmett said. Justin couldn’t see his face, but he saw him raise his hand to cover his mouth.

“How could you? You know what she’s like,” Michael whined.

Justin couldn’t stand not knowing what they were talking about, so he stepped further into the room.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“Little Mikey’s mommy is here to kiss his booboo’s,” Brian said with a smirk. At first Justin thought Brian’s nonchalant attitude about Michael’s injuries and how he received them when they got back was cold, but he had figured it out. Brian was trying to make everything as normal for Michael as possible. Michael wanted everything to be the same and Brian was doing just what he asked.

“I THINK IT’S THIS ONE!” a female voice yelled just before there was rapid banging on their cabin door.

“Don’t let her in,” Michael pleaded.

“She’ll wake the whole camp if I don’t,” Justin said.

Justin opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a panicked woman in brightly colored clothes and red hair.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“I was told my baby was in here from that cabin over there,” she said pointing at Ash Cabin.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry but we don’t allow uninvited people on campgrounds,” he said, hearing a snicker from behind him, probably from Brian.

“Son, you really don’t want to get in between her and her cub,” a male voice said.

Justin looked over and saw a tired looking older man smile wanly at him. Next to him was a woman clearly in middle of her transition. She had hair similar to the woman in front of him.

A sigh came from behind him. “Just let them in,” Michael said.

Justin knew he was beat, so he opened the door wider and let the three outsiders in. When he turned around, she saw his oldest camper quickly putting on his pants over his boxers he had been sleeping in.

“Ma, why did you come out here? And why is Kiki here?” Michael asked.

“You know my car wouldn’t make this trip; it’s already overheating. Kiki was nice enough to offer to bring us.”

Kiki snorted. “I wasn’t given much of a choice. She threatened to give me the midnight to eight am shift for the next month if I didn’t.”

“Baby let me look at you. That animal, I can’t believe he hit you. When I get my hands on him, I’ll kill him.”

“Ma just leave it alone. David is out of my life now.”

“What about your stuff?” she asked.

“He said that he’s going to be out of town for the week I get back, I can ‘pick my shit up’ then.”

“Animal,” the older woman said again.

“Just drop it, Ma. As you can see, I’m perfectly fine.”

Justin went to shut the door but saw Uncle Dan headed their way. This wasn’t going to be good. Uncle Dan was a stickler for the rules.

“Justin, what in the hell is going on? Morris came and told me some insane woman was banging on cabin doors looking for one of our campers.”

“Well, it seems one of our campers’ mother is here.”

Uncle Dan stepped inside the cabin and looked at the intruders. “I’m sorry but unauthorized people can’t be in the cabins.”

Justin noticed the younger woman stop scowling at the older woman and look wide-eyed at Uncle Dan.

“Dad?”

The whole room grew quiet and Uncle Dan looked as though he might pass out.

“Kenny,” Uncle Dan said with so much emotion its broke Justin’s heart.

“It’s Kiki now, Dad,” the woman said. Justin could tell this was the moment of truth for both of them. He knew how much Uncle Dan wanted his child back, but Kiki didn’t know that.

“Kiki? I like it, it’s pretty, suits you.”

And just like that the invisible wall was gone and Kiki was hugging Uncle Dan. Everyone else stood awkwardly around while the estranged family reunited.

Uncle Dan seemed to notice everyone around them. He coughed. “Alright, it’s almost dawn. Why don’t our guests stay for breakfast and maybe a little longer, if that’s alright with our guests.”

“That’s fine, we all took the day off. Eddy can handle the diner without me for one day,” the older woman said.

“And this was already my day off, which is how Debbie bullied me into driving her here,” Kiki said.

“Oh hush, thank you for letting us stay,” the woman, Debbie said.

Kiki and Uncle Dan left, probably to talk and hopefully work things out. Justin watched, trying not to laugh when Debbie started to wash Michael’s face with her own spit and her finger. Even his mother before the great kicking out wouldn’t have tried that.

“Ma, quit it.”

“Maybe we should leave these men be and let them get ready for the day. I can see the sun rising,” the older man with her said.

“Yeah, Ma, listen to Uncle Vic. The cafeteria opens in a few minutes, breakfast won’t be ready for another half an hour, but we’ll meet you there,” Michael said.

“I don’t know where it is,” Debbie said.

“I can show you, miss,” Carl said.

“Oh, well thank you,” Debbie said, smiling at Carl like a teenager.

Justin snorted by the narrowed gaze by Michael while Emmett looked like it was greatest love story every unfolding in front of him. After their visitors and Carl left, Justin went back to his room, leaving Michael bitching about his mother and uncle coming to the camp.

He quickly got dressed for the day and posted the day’s activities on the activity board. When he left the cabin, Michael was still bitching about his mother. Once he was clear of the cabin, he went in search of Daphne. She was usually up this early doing yoga with Ben. He found them right where he thought they would be.

“Yoga my ass,” he said, making them both jump. They were in the entertainment lounge on one of the couches stuffing their faces with doughnuts and coffee.

“Busted,” Daphne said after she swallowed a bit of her sugary treat.

“Is this what you two do every morning? I knew you two lied.”

“We didn’t lie. This is only for Tuesdays and Fridays,” Ben said, looking offended at being called a liar.

“Why didn’t you ever invite me? I like doughnuts and coffee.”

Daphne and Ben gave each other a meaningful look, it was pissing him off.

“Justin, you are my best friend in the world, you know, that right?”

He looked at Daphne with narrowed eyes. “Yeah.”

“Well, you’re a little bit of a drama queen in the mornings.”

“How dare you. I’m up every morning with a smile on my face with campers.”

“Are you, really?” Ben asked.

“Meaning?”

“Wasn’t it you just yesterday who told one of your campers that if they didn’t stop making noise you would set the cabin on fire?”

Justin looked down guiltily. “I might’ve.”

“And wasn’t that camper a police officer?” Daphne asked.

“Maybe.”

Carl had been less than pleased but he had gotten his things for the day and left. Before he did, he said that Justin was lucky his daughter wasn’t an early riser either. He knew he had to do better but sue him, he wasn’t a morning person.

“But maybe I would be better in the morning if someone offered me coffee and doughnuts.”

Ben sighed. “It’s wasn’t a slight against you, Justin. We just decided to go to Beth’s over by the highway one morning in the beginning of the summer. We just didn’t think it was someone that you would enjoy.”

“Why not?” he demanded. He knew he sounded childish but didn’t understand why they wouldn’t involve him.

“Justin, this is just supposed to be a relaxing time where Ben and I talk. We talk about university, he gives me tips about what classes to take, I help him with things that bother him. It’s just when you’re in the room, it’s like the ‘All about Justin’ show.”

Pain from the stab in the back settled over him, but then his temper got the better of him. “Fine, I didn’t know. Well, you’ll be happy to know the show just got canceled. Have a great Tuesday and Friday morning.” He turned on his heel and left. He knew it was his hurt feelings that took over, but he was too upset to turn back.

 

 


 

Brian smirked at Debbie started to seriously cut up Michael’s waffles at breakfast. It was something she never even did at the diner. Brian guessed it was her being worried about him. Brian thoughts ran to his mother. If he were in Michael’s position, she would probably say it was God’s wrath. Not that his mother knew he was gay. His father had died knowing because Brian had told him. It didn’t go over well and that was one of his last memories of the old man. His sister was the only one that knew about him, not that she cared one way or the other.

“Ma, don’t you think you should be going back home now?” Michael asked.

“Kiki wants to spend the rest of the morning and lunch with her dad. It’s no trouble for me and Vic. Vic’s going to get some sun in the pool, and I’ll go with you during your classes.”

“Oh god,” Michael muttered.

Brian laughed and got up and left. He was looking for the blond counselor who had disappeared after Debbie showed up before sunrise.

It didn’t take long to find him; he was back in their cabin. Justin was pacing the area between his own room and the bunk room.

“Something wrong?” Brian asked.

Justin jumped a little but covered it after a moment. “I’m fine, just realized my friends don’t want to spend time with me.”

“Oh, I guess I’ll leave you alone to cry.”

“I wasn’t crying,” Justin said, looking highly offended.

“Sure,” he said shrugging, it wasn’t his problem.

“You fucked Blue right?”

“Blue?” He didn’t remember fucking anyone blue.

“He’s a counselor here, he’s got a shaved head.”

“Oh, yeah.”

“So, is that something you do? Have sex with people and not care who?”

“I always care who. They have to be hot.”

“What about me?” he asked.

Brian saw so many red flags in this. This twink was not a hit it and quit it type, there would be problems. But his dick was doing the thinking for him at the moment. “You’re hot.”

That was all he said before Justin launched himself at him, kissing him roughly. It was a kiss that Brian easily took control over. Brian walked Justin into the counselor’s bedroom without breaking the kiss. He know he would probably regret this, so he was determined to make it one of his top ten fucks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at https://midnightwhispers.net/viewstory.php?sid=4291