About A Divorce by Teinisydan
FeatureSummary:

Almost a decade ago Brian and Justin got married so that Justin would get his green card and could stay in the USA. They haven’t seen each other after they got married and now Justin has found someone he wants to marry for love. There’s only one thing in the way. He’s married to Brian. Now his job is to get Brian sign the divorce papers, which might turn out to be harder than he thought.

 

This story is complete!

 

 


Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY, Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Friendship, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Jealousy, Justin/Other-Relationship Characters: Brian, Justin, Original Character(s)
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 30309 Read: 45743 Published: January 13, 2018 Updated: February 05, 2018

1. Prologue and Chapter 1 by Teinisydan

2. Chapter 2 by Teinisydan

3. Chapter 3 by Teinisydan

4. Chapter 4 by Teinisydan

5. Chapter 5 by Teinisydan

6. Chapter 6 by Teinisydan

7. Chapter 7 by Teinisydan

8. Chapter 8 by Teinisydan

9. Chapter 9 by Teinisydan

10. Chapter 10 by Teinisydan

11. Chapter 11 by Teinisydan

12. Chapter 12 by Teinisydan

13. Chapter 13 by Teinisydan

14. Chapter 14 and Epilogue by Teinisydan

Prologue and Chapter 1 by Teinisydan

Prologue

 

Brian stepped into the elevator and let his trick walk in before lowering the gate. For once the trick wasn’t all over Brian. Usually they wanted to start before they got into the loft. But Brian had gotten a restrained vibe from this one at Woody’s. They waited in silence as the elevator slowly went up. On the top floor Brian pulled the gate up and stepped out. But then he stopped with his hand still touching the gate. There was man sitting on the top stair. A familiar man he hadn’t seen in years. He had changed a lot from the photo they had taken on their wedding day. His hair wasn’t blond anymore but a warm, light brown. He didn’t look so much of a teenager but a real man. He had gorgeous cheekbones and lips that begged to be kissed. His eyes were still as blue as the sky. You could see it from afar.

 

Justin looked up, hair falling to his blue eyes and recognition shined from them. He looked from Brian to the trick and back before standing up. “Hi,” he said still eyeing the unfamiliar man.

 

“Hi,” Brian answered stunned to see his husband.

 

“Hi,” the trick smiled and both Brian and Justin looked at him not finding it amusing at all. But the trick didn’t seem to notice. “Who’s he?”

 

The question was directed to Brian but the brunet didn’t answer. So Justin saw that it was polite if he answered. “I’m Justin Kinney. Brian’s husband,” he had never said those words out loud and it felt weird. He had, after all, been married to the man for years but he didn’t really know anything about him.

 

The man’s eyes grew huge and they moved to watch Brian. “He’s your husband? You’re married?” the great Brian Kinney, the stud of Liberty Avenue, the one who was meant to run free for all eternity, was married.

 

“Um, yeah. He’s my husband,” Brian finally said quickly scratching the back of his neck, feeling kind of awkward.

 

“I should probably go,” the man radiated uncomfortable feelings.

 

Brian looked at him and nodded, giving him an apologetic smile. “Raincheck?”

 

“I don’t know,” was all the man said before walking past Justin and down the stairs.

 

Brian stared at Justin for a good five seconds before digging his keys from his pocket and opening the loft door. “You coming in?”

 

Justin followed him into the loft. He looked around the spacious and posh apartment he had never been in before. He liked it. He liked the huge windows that made the living room bathe in the sunlight. The high ceiling. He especially liked the kitchen island because he had always wanted one.

 

“So, what brings you to my doorstep?” Brian closed the door and walked past Justin.

 

“Can’t a man visit his husband, no questions asked?” Justin turned to Brian who was taking off his jacket and placing it on one of the barstools.

 

“Not in our case,” Brian looked up at him and shook his head.

 

“I have my summer holiday and decided to do something I’ve never done before,” Justin shrugged and looked back.

 

Brian nodded and ran his hand back and forth of the back of a barstool. Then he sighed, taking a deep breath. “Well, let’s sit down and you can tell me all there is to tell,” he motioned towards the white leather sofa in the living room.

 

Justin walked to it and sat down while Brian went to his liquor and poured himself a shot of Bourbon. He poured some for Justin too and the man accepted the glass as Brian walked past him, sitting down on the other end of the sofa.

 

“How’s Washington?” Brian asked and took a sip.

 

“I live in Denver nowadays,” Justin answered.

 

Brian nodded. “Job?”

 

“Yeah, that’s one of the reasons,” Justin nodded.

 

“How is the art world? You conquered it yet?” the older man raised his right leg on the sofa and bend it from the knee while leaning his side against the back of the sofa.

 

Justin looked at his glass and rolled it in the air. “Not quite,” he shook his head.

 

“No? Why not? What I can remember you were really good,” Brian pointed out. He would have thought that Justin had had his break through a long time ago by now. He remembered a younger Justin so full of life and big dreams. He wanted the life of a successful artist so bad he breathed and lived it. He remembered how the blue eyes shined when he talked about Monet or Warhol or Michelangelo. Surely there had to be some success in his life.

 

Justin sighed and looked up smiling. “That’s a story for another time.”

 

Brian rolled his lips into his mouth getting the message loud and clear. Do not ask.

 

“I see you still live in Pittsburgh,” Justin commented drinking half of his shot.

 

“Yeah, haven’t even moved. I lived here when we last saw each other,” Brian looked around his home.

 

“I can see why. This is a pretty amazing apartment,” Justin smiled a little.

 

“So, mind telling me what you are doing here?” Brian asked curious of why his husband, who he hasn’t seen or heard about after their wedding, was suddenly sitting on his white leather sofa.

 

“Brian,” he said and drank the rest of his drink before looking up, straight into the man’s eyes. “I want a divorce.”

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Brian stared at Justin. A divorce? That was a big surprise. He raised his glass of Bourbon to his lips and poured all of it’s content into his mouth before swallowing. “You want a divorce?” he asked.

 

Justin nodded. “Yeah, I do.”

 

“Why?” Brian asked. “You want to go back to Canada?”

 

“I, um, I’m getting married,” Justin said and placed his empty glass on the coffee table.

 

Brian got up and went to pour himself another shot. “You’re getting married,” he echoed as he came back and sat down again.

 

“Yeah,” Justin nodded and took a deep breath.

 

“To whom?” Brian drank half of his drink.

 

“His name is Alex,” Justin said. “He’s a bartender.”

 

Brian twisted his mouth and nodded. “A bartender?” he repeated.

 

Justin nodded again and waited for Brian to say something. But Brian didn’t say anything.

 

“We can’t even get engaged because I’m married to you. It’s not like our marriage is a big deal so look at it like you’ve fulfilled your promise and now we’re done and we can move on,” Justin explained.

 

Brian kept nodding and played with the liquor in his glass while staring at the man on his white leather sofa. “Is he good to you?” Brian asked suddenly.

 

“Of course!” Justin answered.

 

Brian didn’t like the tone in which Justin spoke. It was defensive and Brian sensed the hurt vibe. Brian twisted his mouth again, fighting not to say anything bad. “You love him?”

 

“…Yes,” Justin said but all Brian noticed was the hesitation before he answered.

 

“So shall I get the papers so that we can get this over with?” Justin asked.

 

Brian licked his lips and pushed his tongue against his cheek. “Nope,” he shook his head.

 

“You can’t be serious! Why not?” Justin asked and sat up straight, looking angry.

 

“I want to meet him first,” Brian sipped his drink.

 

Justin’s posture relaxed a little and he glanced around the room. “You want to meet him?” he looked back at Brian. “What’s that got to do with anything?” he was confused.

 

“I want to see if he’s worth you,” Brian smiled suddenly.

 

Justin looked at his husband and interpreted that smile as kidding. “He’s what now?” Justin smiled himself too. “You don’t know him. Christ, you don’t even know me. How do you know what’s good for me?”

 

“Don’t underestimate me. This man is dating my husband. I want to meet him before I make any kind of decisions. If you’ve forgotten, I’m in advertising and I know how to read people. I’ll know if he’s good for you,” Brian shrugged.

 

Justin’s shoulders dropped and he leaned back against the sofa. “You’re serious, aren’t you?”

 

“Like a heart attack,” Brian raised his glass at Justin before taking a sip.

 

This time Justin pushed his tongue in his cheek and stared at Brian. “So you want to meet him?”

 

“I do,” Brian nodded smiling.

 

“And after that, you’ll sign the papers?” Justin asked.

 

“We’ll see about that,” Brian drank the rest of his drink.

 

“You’ll sign the papers,” Justin said more strongly and confident.

 

“As I said. We’ll see,” Brian placed his empty glass on the coffee table as well.

 

Justin stared at Brian again. “Fine. I’ll tell him to fly here and we’ll have a dinner, all three of us.”

 

“Sounds excellent,” Brian agreed. That would give him time to interrogate this man who wanted to marry his husband. And finally get to know his husband as well.

 

*

 

Justin sighed as he got out of his car. He had actually driven all the way from Washington to Pittsburgh. He had wanted to take time for himself before the wedding and real married life. Coming to see Brian gave him the perfect opportunity to do that. The man had enjoyed his time alone in the car. He had blasted the music as loud as he wanted and sang along without any complaints from his boyfriend. He stop by to do some sightseeing and slept as much as he wanted to. Sometimes even in the back of his car.

 

Justin had just left Brian’s home and had called Alex to tell him the news. They decided that instead staying the week they had planned, they would stay a couple of days longer since Alex had to fly in. His work schedule didn’t allow taking a couple of days off until next week. So Justin took his suitcase and walked inside the hotel he had booked a room from. He explained his situation and asked for a bigger room and extended his stay with two nights.

 

When he got into his hotel room, he left his suitcase by the door and went to the bed. It looked inviting with it’s white sheets, fluffy pillows and soft cover. He turned around and fell on it on his back, with his arms stretched to his sides. A huge feeling of satisfaction took over him. The bed felt as good as it looked and the covers felt so nice and cool. It was really warm outside so the cool sheets were very welcome.

 

Justin wondered what it would feel like. What it would feel like to be married to a person he cared about. Would there be any difference to their normal life? At least in the beginning? That remained to be seen. Next week Brian would sign the divorce papers and he would go back to glorious Denver, to his job at waiting tables, to thinking about getting a dog. Alex didn’t really want a dog but Justin was sure he could turn the man around and soon they would have a puppy. Maybe a golden retriever or a terrier of some kind.

 

On his way to Pittsburgh, Justin had also contacted a lawyer to draw up the divorce papers. They should be ready this week. He had to make sure he visited the lawyer soon. But for now, he would sleep. He had been driving for days and he deserved a good night’s sleep.

 

*

 

Brian sat on his sofa as Justin had just left. He had fetched a water bottle from the fridge and drank some before turning the cap back on it’s place. His husband had changed. A lot. Most noticeable change had been the hair. He had loved it blond but now, for some reason, it was light brown. Not really the best color for him. The brunet got up and went to his closet in the bedroom. He pulled out a small box of old pictured and quickly went through them before he found two pictures of him and his husband.

 

They were wedding photos. They had wanted to make things seem real if anyone ever asked anything. They were traditional photos. In one of them they were standing in their suits, Justin had his arms around Brian and he was pressed against his side. Brian had his right arm around the blond’s shoulders and they both looked into the camera.

 

In the other photo Brian kissed Justin on the cheek. Brian had done it suddenly, out of blue so that was the reason why Justin’s laugh and smile looked real. This time Brian had his arms around Justin’s waist and Justin his arms loosely around Brian’s shoulders. They actually looked like a couple in the picture.

 

Justin had definitely grown. The years had done good for the man. He was more of a man than a teenager. Plus, if he thought back then that Justin was hot, now he was out of this world hot. If Brian hadn’t recognized him, he would have probably jumped his bones before Justin got a word out.

 

In some way, Brian was looking forward to the dinner. He wanted to see what kind of man Justin had managed to find. Maybe he would even get to be a little snarky.

Chapter 2 by Teinisydan

Brian waited outside the restaurant for Justin and his boyfriend. He didn’t know what to expect since he didn’t know Justin. He hoped the man wasn’t a complete troll so he had a little challenge to overthrow him. He had thought about his approach beforehand and had decided to ask as many questions as he could. Questions that couples should know about each other. He had spent too much time around his friends, so he knew exactly what to ask.

 

The brunet checked his watch and tapped his foot against the asphalt under his shoes. The couple was late. They had a reservation at 7pm and it was now ten past. Brian looked around and saw Justin taking hurried steps with a man by his side.

 

So this was Alex, Brian thought. The man was decent. His light brown hair was styled nicely. He wore a short black biker jacket. Brian grimaced at that. People who wore those were so pretentious. He had black worn out jeans and boots. The man was pretty good looking. He just couldn’t see him and Justin as a couple. That Justin who was probably the most beautiful person Brian had ever seen even if he wore cargo pants and sneakers.

 

“Sorry we’re late,” Justin smiled a little.

 

“Yeah, someone took a little too much time in front of the mirror,” Alex looked amused. Brian found this hilarious since Alex wore hair gel and Justin didn’t. “I’m Alex Wilson,” the man extended his hand.

 

Brian took it and gave him a firm handshake. “Brian Kinney.”

 

“Let’s go inside,” Justin walked by Brian and inside the building.

 

It was not a fancy restaurant but it was a popular one so they had made a reservation. A waiter led them to their table and gave them menus after they had sat down. Brian opened his as the waiter had left and took a look. He had never been in this restaurant. He usually preferred more expensive ones.

 

“So, Alex,” Brian didn’t take his eyes off his menu. “How do you like Pittsburgh so far?”

 

“Um, it’s okay I guess. You have nice bars and dance clubs. We visited one yesterday,” Alex answered and took hold of Justin’s wrist, rubbing his thumb against his boyfriend’s pale skin.

 

“Oh, which one did you go to?” Brian asked out of curiosity. Pittsburgh did have a wide range but only handful was worth visiting.

 

“Boytoy,” Alex answered shortly, looking over his menu.

 

Brian’s eyes stopped on the man. He tried so hard not to show what he was feeling. Boytoy was a place for drugged out twinkies. Not a place Brian would ever step into.  He just nodded and continued to check out his options.

 

“So, this divorce thing,” Alex closed his menu and placed it on the white table cloth. “How do we plan to do this?”

 

“Let’s just eat and see how this goes, shall we?” Brian lifted his hand to tell the waiter nearby that they were ready to order. “I’ll have the garlic chicken.”

 

“The Bolognese for me,” Alex said and handed his menu to the waiter.

 

“I’ll take the garlic chicken as well,” Justin smiled and gave his menu back too.

 

The waiter thanked and walked away.

 

“So, how did you two meet?” Brian asked looking from Justin to Alex and back.

 

The two men looked at each other before Justin answered. “It was my birthday. My friends took me out to a bar which happened to be the one he was working in. He was kind enough to see that we had drinks in our hands all evening,” Justin smiled a little and leaned his elbows on the table.

 

Brian nodded and seemed to think about it for a while. “So, Alex. Do you fuck all your customers?”

 

“Excuse me?” he asked looking shocked. Brian got satisfaction out of that reaction.

 

“Just a question,” the brunet held his hands up.

 

“No, I do not fuck all my customers!” Alex hissed.

 

“So the hot ones only, I hear you,” Brian nodded, looking casual. “I’m a little picky too.” Alex tried to say something to defend himself but Brian didn’t give him a chance. “What’s Justin’s mother’s name?” He didn’t ask parents’ names because already back when he had married Justin, his father had been out of the picture.

 

“Jennifer,” Alex grunted.

 

“Any siblings?” Brian took his water glass and sipped the water.

 

“A sister, yes. Her name is Molly,” Alex calmed down a little.

 

“How old is she?” The brunet inquired.

 

“Fourteen,” Alex answered confidently.

 

And as Alex answered Brian noticed Justin scrunch up his nose very fast. Also he squinted his eyes a little. So Mr. Wilson didn’t know Justin’s sister’s age. Nice to know, Brian thought.

 

“What’s with the third degree?” Alex asked not sure why he was asked so many questions.

 

“This is how it goes. I ask you questions and you’re going to answer every one of them. After we’re done, we’ll see if I feel like signing your papers,” Brian leaned back in his chair and stared straight into Alex’s green eyes. “What do you like to do together on your free time?” Brian went on with his questions.

 

“We exercise together, we go out together, we also like to spend evenings together just chilling at home,” Alex leaned back in his chair too.

 

At this point, Justin was just observing the two men. His eyes moved from Brian to Alex like a he was following a ping bong game. He sipped his water and actually enjoyed how his husband was grilling his boyfriend.

 

“You ever go to any art shows?” Brian asked. He was sure Justin loved to visit those. He was supposed to be an artist but as it had turned out, something had happened at some point. Brian just didn’t know what. But he got his answer sooner than later.

 

“God no,” Alex’s face suddenly turned disgusted. “Bunch of boring wannabes mingling around an empty room with macaroni art on the walls. No way,” he shook his head.

 

Brian moved his eyes slowly to Justin who looked down at his lap and seemed very fascinated by something. The way Brian saw this was that Alex had robbed Justin his future as a world famous artist. If someone forced Brian to give up advertising, he would commit a suicide.

 

Time to take things up a notch. “What is your favorite thing Justin does in bed?” Brian lost his smile. Who wouldn’t after that?

 

Alex clearly didn’t like the question. “He’s great in everything.”

 

Brian watched as Justin looked up again and at Alex. At this point anyone would have smiled appreciatively but for some reason Justin didn’t. He just watched his boyfriend with a blank expression.

 

“One more question. Why do you want to marry Justin?” no matter what Alex answered, Brian would be surprised because he had no idea why these two men were together. Brian watched as Alex took hold of Justin’s hand.

 

“Because he’s a sweetie and so adorable. I don’t know what I would do without him,” Alex answered and Brian was not sure but he thought he heard some kind of proudness in Alex’s words.

 

The brunet closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. Then he opened them and saw Justin looking at him ashamed.

 

The food hadn’t even arrived and things were not looking peachy.

 

“Excuse me. I’m going to the bathroom,” Alex got up, pushing his chair back a little with his legs.

 

Brian took a sip from his water glass again and looked Alex’s receding back. Then he moved his eyes to Justin. Brian didn’t even have to say anything to the man.

 

“He’s really not like this. He feels threatened by you and is in defensive mode,” Justin explained.

 

“Why do you want to marry him?” Brian asked.

 

“He has been good to me. So good. We have fun together and it just seems right somehow. He makes me laugh,” Justin answered.

 

Brian noticed that Justin didn’t include because I love him in the list. “You really mean that?”

 

Justin nodded.

 

“And after all this, you still want to marry him?” Brian asked placing his glass on the table and rolling it between his fingers.

 

Justin nodded again.

 

“Okay. I will sign the papers,” Brian looked at his glass but did see Justin sigh relieved. “But you have to ask me three times.”

 

Justin’s head snapped back to Brian and confusion was written all over that beautiful face.

 

“Ask me three times to divorce you and I will,” Brian explained.

 

“What?” Justin looked at the brunet over the table.

 

“You heard me,” Brian raised his brows a little and looked back into those sky blue eyes.

 

“Why?” Justin was really into short answers and questions today.

 

“Don’t worry about that. This is my condition, take it or leave it,” Brian explained and drank the rest of his water. “Tell Mr. Fancy Pants it was not pleasure to meet him,” the man suddenly stood up and walked away. He was not staying and having a dinner with a man who he hated.

 

*

 

Justin quietly slipped his feet into his shoes and grabbed his jacket in the darkness. He looked behind him and saw Alex’s sleeping form on the hotel bed on his side, back to Justin. He opened the door, careful not to make a sound and slipped outside. The man breathed more freely now that he was out the door. He couldn’t sleep. Not after what Brian had said.

 

Justin walked down the corridor, the soft, red carpet drowning his footsteps. He was heading to a bar. Just to cool himself off with one drink. No more, no less. He had ventured out a little the other day and found this gay friendly street, Liberty Avenue. Justin liked the name. It suited the place. He was sure he would find some kind of bar there.

 

Soon enough Justin stood outside a bar called Woody’s. A lot of people seemed to go in so it had to be a popular place. He walked up the stairs and stepped inside. He smiled. The place was colorful. Good music was playing. People were having good time. And definitely every single person was gay. This was the place for him.

 

Justin walked to the bar, rounding a few tables and people on the way. He sat down on a barstool and ordered a Heineken. The bar was surprisingly empty. Not a lot of people loitered there. They rather sat somewhere else. Justin looked around and saw a pool table. There were three men around it. One tall and flamboyant, a Cosmo in his hand. One was dark haired and Justin rolled his eyes at the superhero t-shirt. The third one was a short guy, dressed decently and talking about something.

 

Justin turned his attention back to his beer and poured his mouth full of the liquid. He listened to the music with slow, sexy beat. In Denver they played something faster. Justin liked this music. Made him want to fuck. Too bad Alex was asleep in his hotel room.

 

Suddenly someone sat on the barstool next to him and leaned his back against the edge of the bar. Justin was used to people hitting on him and being friendly but he was not the cheating kind. He raised his head to tell the guy he was not interested but stopped before he got even one word out of his mouth. Brian was sitting there, staring at him with those warm colored eyes.

 

“What brings you to my neck of woods?” the taller man asked.

 

Justin took in the appearance. Brian looked good. No, scratch that. He looked hot. He was wearing skin tight black jeans and skin tight black t-shirt. God, did Justin love a man dressed all in black. He shrugged a little. “Just wanted a moment for myself. The hotel room was starting to be a little small.”

 

“So you’re staying for a moment?” Brian turned in his seat so he was facing Justin.

 

“Yeah,” the younger man nodded.

 

“Well, then, you should let me buy you the next beer,” Brian smiled a little.

 

“I think I’d like that,” Justin nodded and smiled too.

Chapter 3 by Teinisydan

Justin balanced two flat card board boxes in his left hand and knocked on the loft door. He took a step back and waited for Brian to come open it. Alex had gone back to Denver but he would be back next weekend. Justin who still was on his summer vacation stayed behind and decided to soften his husband so that the man would sign the divorce papers. He decided to start with a classical evening with pizza and beer.

 

Brian came to open the door and Justin drew in breath quickly. The man that opened the door was shirtless and wet. Brian had clearly just come out of shower. He had light blue, worn out jeans on. Justin noticed very quickly that the top button was open. The bronze chest had droplets of water and his hair was wet and sticking out all directions. His feet were bare too.

 

It felt like Justin needed to clear his throat and moisten his mouth but he held back and lifted his eyes to Brian’s. “I got pizza. You got beer?”

 

“Unfortunately I don’t. Was supposed to get more today but something came up,” Brian grinned and it was clear to Justin what came up. The smaller man rolled his eyes. “I do have whiskey that cost a fortune though,” Brian added.

 

“Sounds great,” Justin smiled and walked past Brian who stepped aside to let him in. Justin made his way to the sofa and put the boxes on the glass coffee table. Brian smiled a little but closed the door and followed his husband.

 

“So did you just want to share a pizza or is there a bigger purpose to why you’re here?” Brian asked as he fetched a fancy bottle made out of crystal and two glasses. He placed them on the coffee table too and sat down.

 

“I’m here to tell you all the reasons why you should divorce me. Also Alex went back to Denver to work and I’m bored,” Justin looked at Brian as he flipped open one of the boxes.

 

“Mmh, daddy’s away. The possibilities are endless,” Brian chuckled but Justin just rolled his eyes again and shook his head. He took a hot slice of the pepperoni pizza and handed it to Brian and then took one for himself.

 

“I’m not some teenager who throws wild parties and does illegal things immediately when my parents look the other way,” Justin said and leaned back, taking a bite.

 

“Okay,” Brian nodded and poured them both a drink. He handed the shot of whiskey to Justin but left his own on the table. Pizza and whiskey was a weird combination. He had never done this before. “So my dear little friend, what’s number one on the list?”

 

Justin arched his brows at Brian. It took all five seconds for him to realize Brian meant the reasons why they should divorce. “Well you’d be free to marry whoever you’d like some day,” he started.

 

Brian smiled. “It’s sweet that you think I would marry someone else. I don’t want to. Never have, never will.”

 

“But you’re married to me,” Justin pointed out. “You decided to marry me.”

 

“That’s different. You needed it. I saw potential in you and thought that the United States of America would lose one fabulous artist if they threw your ass back to the north. Besides, you were hot, still are,” Brian grinned. “I thought if someone ever found out about us, at least I could say I did it in style.”

 

Justin blushed a little and took another bite.

 

“So give me another reason,” Brian motioned for Justin to go on and kind of challenging him a little.

 

“I’ll become a nuisance. I’ll turn up everywhere and bother you all the time. Just to annoy you,” Justin took a better position on the sofa and smirked a little bit.

 

This time Brian chuckled. “If your presence bothered me, I would have slammed the door on your face. But here we are, sharing a pepperoni pizza. Next.”

 

“I have a lot of annoying habits,” Justin said with his mouth full and smacking loudly.

 

“I doubt they’re anything I can’t live with,” Brian took his glass of whiskey and drank it. He watched as Justin did the same.

 

“I pick my nose,” Justin arched his brows.

 

“Everyone does,” Brian said and motioned for Justin to go on while he took the bottle from the table and poured Justin and himself another drink.

 

“I hog the covers,” Justin told.

 

“We’re not sleeping together,” Brian smiled.

 

“I leave my towel on the floor after a shower,” Justin drank and after that took another bite.

 

“We’re not living together,” Brian shook his head. He saw that Justin was starting to get a little frustrated. But Brian just kept smiling and denying everything.

 

“I’m a person who needs a lot of cuddling. You seem like a person who likes cold, distant relationships,” Justin turned his frustrated feeling into a smile.

 

“We’re married, not in a relationship,” Brian said without even blinking. It was true. He was not the cuddly kind but he wasn’t about to tell that to Justin.

 

“I’m like that with friends too,” Justin grinned.

 

“So what?” Brian shrugged.

 

“So it wouldn’t bother you if I scooped a little closer?” Justin grinned.

 

“No, but I have to warn you, I’m a groper,” Brian said back. He knew Justin’s threats was just the alcohol talking.

 

“Like I believe you,” the man rolled his eyes. He took another slice of pizza before moving closer to his husband, pressing against his side. He smiled widely and took a sip of his drink.

 

Brian decided to take this as a challenge. He looked down at the smirking, smaller man and pressed his tongue in his cheek. He had warned him he was a groper after all. Which was true. If he saw a nice ass and that particular nice ass was dancing with him in Babylon, sure he would cop a feel.

 

Brian started by placing the tip of his forefinger on Justin knee and slowly started to drag it up towards the other man’s crotch, feeling the rough fabric of jeans. “Anything else?”

 

Justin looked at the finger dubiously. He took hold of the finger with his thumb and forefinger and moved it to Brian’s knee while speaking. “I’m a needy person.”

 

“I don’t see it,” Brian moved his hand back on Justin’s leg and this time pressed his palm against it. He rubbed a little and smiled satisfied.

 

Justin twisted his mouth, first looking at the hand and then at Brian in his hazel eyes. He decided to make his move. He wrapped his hands around Brian’s middle and placed his cheek against the man’s shoulder. He rubbed his cheek against it a little and Brian couldn’t help making a face.

 

Brian knew all this must be because Justin was getting drunk. Justin reached and poured himself another glass of whiskey before drinking the whole shot. Justin felt the sweet burn in his throat as the liquid went down. Then he twisted his head to look Brian in his hazel eyes. “That’s it, that’s all I got. Otherwise I’m a delight,” he smiled widely.

 

“Well, then, we should drink to that,” Brian took the bottle of whiskey and poured them some more.

 

*

 

An hour later Justin was giggling while he laid his legs over Brian’s lap and rested his chin on the man’s shoulder. Brian smiled as he lazily run his hand up and down Justin’s thigh. The alcohol had done it’s purpose and made the two men move on to other topics than divorce.

 

“He said he wanted me to put him into leather panties and spank him,” Brian laughed so hard he shook. “I’m all for spanking but when it’s laid out like that, like a bad fetish, it’s a no go,” Brian smiled widely.

 

“The wildest thing that’s ever happened to me was when one of my exes wanted to try standing wheelbarrow. I couldn’t hold myself up on my hands for even five seconds. It turned out to be the worst sex of my life,” Justin smiled.

 

“Remind me to take you to Meat Hook. I’ll let some leather daddy make you his puppy. Then you’ll actually have a story that is worth telling,” Brian chuckled.

 

“Have you ever been there? I assume it’s a leather bar,” Justin asked.

 

Brian nodded. “And I made one young, hot, tasty morsel my lapdog. He was fantastic. He obeyed so well and he did everything,” the man grinned hard.

 

“So what happened to him? Why isn’t he here?” Justin smiled and rubbed the inner side of Brian’s arm.

 

“It was a one night stand. Not meant to be anything more. He was a little young at the time,” Brian shook his head.

 

“Wasn’t I a little too young when you married me?” Justin asked and nuzzled Brian’s cheek a little.

 

Brian turned his head towards Justin and found his lips only one inch away from his. “You were twenty. A lot of people get married at that age.”

 

“Thank you for that,” Justin whispered and noticed how Brian’s eyes slowly moved down to his lips. A moment went by and neither one said anything. Brian just kept staring at Justin’s lips.

 

“I’m a taken man, Brian. You can’t kiss me,” Justin whispered.

 

“So was the man I fucked earlier today,” Brian whispered back grinning a little.

 

“You’re so rebel,” Justin grinned back.

 

“I’ll show you rebel,” Brian moved his head towards Justin and pressed his lips against his. He was positively surprised as Justin didn’t pull away. He didn’t even flinch. He kissed back. A second later Brian pulled away. “What are you going to do about that,” the brunet looked smug.

 

“Not tell Alex,” Justin smiled.

 

“So who’s better? Me or Alex?” Brian asked.

 

“Not telling,” Justin shook his head.

 

“Come on, just between you and me. I’m better, aren’t I?” Brian wanted to hear Justin say he was better than that asshole.

 

“Maybe a little,” Justin raised his hand and held his thumb and forefinger apart an inch.

 

“I knew it,” Brian turned his head back forward very pleased with himself. “Just in case you’re interested, I have a bigger cock too.”

 

Justin laughed hard at that. “You haven’t seen his cock. You don’t know that!”

 

“Please, I know men and I can guess everyone’s size just by their body,” Brian rolled his lower lip into his mouth.

 

“So what’s mine?” Justin challenged the man a little glint in his eyes.

 

Brian turned his head back towards Justin. Then he looked up and down Justin body. He even took his hand to Justin’s t-shirt and lifted the hem up, looking at those abs.

 

“You’re eight inches hard,” Brian said, sure of himself. The look Justin gave him told Brian he was right.

 

“So how big are you?” Justin cleared his throat and smiled a little.

 

“Why don’t you find out?” Brian grinned.

 

“I’m still a taken man, Brian,” the younger one shook his head.

 

“Yeah, you are. You’re married after all,” Brian chuckled and deserved a slap against his chest with that comment.

 

“I should go before things go further,” Justin shook his head and pulled away from Brian.

 

“You don’t have to. We could keep it a secret. Alex doesn’t have to know,” Brian took hold of Justin’s wrist and pulled him back against himself.

 

“Sorry, can’t,” Justin shook his head again.

 

“Aren’t you even a little bit curious about how big I am?” Brian asked arching his other brow.

 

Justin smiled and rolled his lips into his mouth. “I’m going to go now,” he said and pulled his legs from Brian’s lap. Justin stood up and found his legs a little unsteady. Partly because he had sat in the same position for so long and partly because he was drunk.

 

“You sure you don’t want to go lay down in my bed?” Brian looked at the bubble but. This was the first time he got a really good look at it. The whole package that was standing there got Brian curious and he wished Justin would say. But maybe it was the alcohol impacting him too.

 

“You sure you can get to your hotel?” Brian asked and resisted the urge to reach and touch Justin.

 

Justin turned around and nodded. “I’ll call a cab.”

 

Brian watched as the husband walked a little unsteady to the door turning his body. He crossed his fingers over the back of the couch and leaned his chin on his fingers. He licked his lips and really wished Justin would stay as he closed the door. 

Chapter 4 by Teinisydan

Justin walked down the street with a smile on his face. He had a plan and his plan was good. He had checked from the internet where Kinnetik was located and now he was on his way there. Actually, the place should be right around the corner.

 

Twenty steps later Justin stopped in front of a pair of frosted glass doors. There was Kinnetik written on it with simple black, bold letters. This was definitely the place. Justin pushed the door open and as he could tell from the website, he stepped inside a very glamorous lobby. He liked the color theme of black, wine red and bright white. There was a young girl behind a desk and Justin decided to ask directions from her.

 

“Hi there… Pauline,” Justin read from her name tag. “I’m looking for the art department. Could you be a lamb and tell me how do I get there,” he smiled his most charming smile girls always fell for.

 

The blond, ponytailed girl smiled back and nodded. “It’s right down that hallway. May I ask with whom do you have an appointment?”

 

But Justin was already on his way and waved his hand at the girl. “Thank you!” 

 

The art department was at the end of the hallway and Justin looked around in awe. The room was busy. There were a lot of people. Most of them were working on computers but some walked around and some were working on boards. The room was colorful because there were loads of pictures and color maps all over the walls.

 

“Excuse me,” a middle aged man walked by Justin with a huge board and out of the room.

 

Justin watched after him for a second before venturing further into the room. He felt like he was home. Which was weird since he had never been to Kinnetik. But something called out for him here. Justin actually found his fingers itching to get his hands on one of those computers. He wanted to take a closer look at all those pictures and sketches on the walls. He wanted to let his creativity out after suppressing it for so long. Why on earth had he stopped in the first place? He didn’t remember anymore.

 

“Hi, can I help you?” a thirty-something man came to Justin and put out his hand.

 

“Hi, I’m Justin. I’m Brian’s husband and I just wanted to see Kinnetik. I’ve never been here and finally found some time,” Justin flashed his smile at the man.

 

“Excuse me?” the man furrowed his brows. “Did you say, you’re Mr. Kinney’s husband?”

 

Justin nodded eagerly.

 

“Um, we weren’t aware that he’s married,” the man said clearly confused.

 

“Yeah, well, he doesn’t like to talk about his private life. I thought it’s time you guys finally get to know him a little,” Justin explained. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

 

“Andrew,” the man said.

 

“That’s great, now do you mind giving me a tour, Andrew?” Justin asked politely.

 

“Okay,” Andrew scratched the back of his head. “Um, well the art department is pretty much this,” he waved his hand around. “We got our interns,” he pointed at one corner to a group of four people. “The Graphic Designers,” Andrew indicated to the three people and then one at the other side of the room. “There we have a couple of Art Directors,” two people were standing in front of a wall of pictures on the opposite side of the room. “And I’m the head of art department.”

 

“Wow, that’s amazing,” Justin said as he started to wander around the room. He saw a lot of different books lying around on desks and some unfinished boards and sketches. “What are you working on here?” Justin picked up one board that had a picture of a dog.

 

“Um, I’m sorry but I don’t think you should be here. Do you have a permission to be here?” Andrew seemed a little nervous but Justin ignored it.

 

“Of course I do. I’m Brian’s husband,” Justin nodded.

 

“Excuse me. Could I have my board back?” Justin heard a voice from behind the board and lowered it a little. It was one of the interns.

 

“Of course you can, sweetie. Hi, I’m Justin, Brian’s husband,” Justin gave the board back and reached out his hand.

 

The girl smiled a little. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Sarah.”

 

“You too,” the young man smiled even wider.

 

“Did you just say, you’re Mr. Kinney’s husband?” Justin heard from behind himself.

 

The man turned around and came face to face with a one of the Art Directors. “Yes I did,” Justin nodded. “Justin Kinney,” he extended his hand once again.

 

“Rick Moran. Are you sure? I’ve never seen him wearing a ring,” Rick commented.

 

“Yeah, we’ve been married for almost a decade actually. He doesn’t wear a ring because he thinks it’s better for the business. You know the ladies. There’s actually a research paper somewhere on the internet about that. Apparently women sign contracts far more often if the other party isn’t married,” Justin explained, remembering one of his friends back in Denver reading about it from a paper.

 

“That’s an interesting fact,” Rick nodded.

 

“I thought so,” Justin smiled.

 

*

 

There was a knock on Brian’s office door. “Come in,” he said in thought as he was in the middle of reading an article about Gardner Vance. That asshole had found a way to sign a contract with local food chain. Well, Brian wouldn’t have wanted to do business with the old geezer who owned the chain anyway.

 

Cynthia poked her head in and looked a little uncomfortable. “Hi, um, the word is that someone is down at the art department and says he’s your husband.”

 

Brian snapped his head up from the paper. He stared at the woman a second. “I’ll be right out,” he said folding the paper. Cynthia opened the door more and let Brian walk past her.

 

“I have no idea who it is but maybe it’s better to let Bill deal with this,” Cynthia suggested as she took quick steps in her black high heels, a step behind Brian.

 

“It’s Justin,” Brian muttered annoyed.

 

“Um, Justin?” the blond woman asked curious.

 

“Don’t ask,” Brian muttered again.

 

Brian arrived at the art department and surely enough he saw a familiar man leaning on a table, ass pushed out towards him and bunch of people gathered around him. He was clearly in the middle of a story. Brian walked behind him and cleared his throat.

 

Justin turned around knowing from that noise it was Brian. He smiled widely. “Hi honey.”

 

“What the fuck?” Brian restrained himself but did indicate with the tone of his voice that he was not happy.

 

“I just wanted to finally see where you work. I think I’ve been a bad husband by not supporting you enough and coming to see this place. I think it’s exquisite. You never told me about these wonderful employees you have here,” Justin indicated to the people behind him. There were at least five pairs of eyes glued to the two men at the moment.

 

“Can I have a word with you, honey,” Brian didn’t give him time to answer. He grabbed Justin’s upper arm and dragged him out.

 

On the way Justin looked back and winked at the people. “I love it when you get rough.” He saw a few smiles as the crowd dissipated and then Brian shut the door putting a barrier between them and the people in the other room so they couldn’t hear.

 

“And what exactly are you doing?” Brian crossed his arms over his chest and was that a foot tapping the floor Justin saw from the corner of his eye.

 

“I think it’s quite clear,” Justin smiled.

 

Brian arched his brows. “If you’re trying to get a quickie divorce by spreading details about my private life and invading my life, you’ve just done the opposite.”

 

Justin face fell and he started pouting. “You’re the meanest husband ever. If you had any decency you would let me go and be happy with it.”

 

“Not with that man. Anyone else, yes, but not with that man,” Brian shook his head.

 

Justin crossed his own arms too over his chest. “There’s nothing wrong with Alex and you know it.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that but it’s not going to change the truth,” Brian took hold of Justin’s arm again and led him down the hall to the lobby. “Now go annoy other people. I don’t have time for this crap,” he led the man past the front desk.

 

Justin saw a bowl of candy on the edge of that desk and grabbed a few as Brian dragged him. He smiled at Pauline and winked his eye a little making the girl smile.

 

Then the door opened and Justin found himself on the other side of it again. The black bold letters that formed the name Kinnetik was slammed to his face. They stopped only five inches from the tip of his nose, making Justin blink and pull his head slightly back.

 

Justin sighed and looked away, trying to decide what he would do next to annoy his husband.

 

*

 

Later that week Brian wanted to let some steam out after a hard day at work. He did now realize that Justin may pull other stunts too, to make him sign the divorce papers. But the man had decided that there would be nothing that would make him sign them before the little lad asked him three times.

 

Brian walked to the bar at the Woody’s. It wasn’t late yet. Actually, it was only six. Not his usual time to be out and about. But today he wanted to just spend a quiet night with the pool balls.

 

“Can I have a double Jim Beam?” Brian asked the bartender. He was new and Brian had fucked him on his second day at the job. He couldn’t resist. The man had worn these amazing worn out, low cut boot jeans. Turned out those jeans were the only good thing in the man.

 

The brunet looked around and tapped his fingers against the edge of the bar table. His eyes stopped to two people that hadn’t been there before. Well, one of them hadn’t been there before. They were sitting on bar stools around a small, black high table. Brian grinned. He could have some fun.

 

The Jim Beam appeared in front of him and Brian made his way towards those two. He sipped his drink and walked around the bar. But as he got closer, he stopped. He saw from afar that Justin was fiddling with a long necklace he had around his neck. When he got closer, he saw that it wasn’t just a necklace. There was a ring hanging from the chain. The brunet furrowed his brows. He moved behind them and when he got close enough, he did recognize the ring. He recognized it because he had bought it. Almost a decade ago.

 

“What are you two love birds up to?” Brian smiled and put his arms around both of the men’s shoulders. He noticed Justin quickly pushing the ring under his shirt.

 

“Do you mind, we’re trying to have a nice night here,” Alex immediately got annoyed.

 

“Then you shouldn’t have picked out a bar where I’m a regular,” Brian grinned. “You’re in my playground now, buddy,” he patted the man’s shoulder a couple of times.  

 

“Hi Brian,” Justin sighed and took his bottle of beer, drinking from it.

 

“Hi there beautiful,” Brian kissed him on the cheek. He did not miss the look Justin gave his boyfriend.

 

“I’ll be right back. Need to pee,” Justin pushed Brian’s arm off his shoulders and got up. “You, behave,” he gave his husband a stern look and pointed his finger at him.

 

Brian let go of Alex and held his hands up like surrendering. He watched Justin go and sat on his husband’s stool. He leaned his elbow on the table and looked at the man who he did not like. “Nice that ring on Justin’s neck,” Brian pointed his own neck.

 

“Yeah, it’s his grandpa’s wedding ring,” Alex seemed to calm down a little.

 

“His grandpa’s?” this was just too perfect for Brian.

 

“Yeah, I think he might want to use it when we get married,” Alex said a little proudly.

 

“That thing?” the brunet pointed at the way Justin had gone to.

 

Alex nodded.

 

“That ring that looks like it’s made in the 2000’s,” Brian arched his other brow. “How young is his grandpa?” the brunet chuckled.

 

Alex didn’t know what to say to that and Brian noticed.

 

“Maybe you should dig a little deeper,” Brian grinned and threw his Jim Beam down his throat before taking a sip from Justin’s half empty beer bottle. “Oh, here he comes,” he smiled widely at Justin who found his way back.

 

“Did you behave?” Justin looked at Brian amused.

 

“I was a perfect angel. Oops, took your seat,” Brian hopped off the barstool and let Justin sit back down. “I must be going now. It seems like someone is eyeing my pool table. Have fun you two,” Brian smiled and took Alex’s beer bottle before walking away while drinking the rest of it.

 

“What an asshole,” Alex muttered and looked after the older man.

 

“Did he say something,” Justin asked, placing his hand on Alex’s thigh.

 

“Nah, not really,” the man said. He looked at Justin’s neck and reached for the necklace. It was a very simple chain. The ring that dangled from it was golden. The surface was a little rough and sparkly and in the middle, around the ring, went a very simple pattern of diamonds. The ring did not look like it was old. Alex doubted if it really was his grandpa’s wedding ring.

 

“You want to use this ring when we get married?” Alex asked moving his eyes to the blue ones.

 

Justin looked back at Alex and shook his head. “No, we’ll get our own.”

 

“But you said it’s your grandpa’s,” Alex said.

 

Justin didn’t answer. He just took the ring from Alex’s fingers and dropped it inside his collar.

 

Alex turned his head and looked at Brian. The man was leaning against the pool table and watching them. He looked like a cat who just ate the cream. Alex turned his head back to Justin who played with his beer bottle. The pieces had just clicked into their own places but he decided not to say anything.

 

*

 

Justin approached Brian as the man was leaned over the pool table. He aimed and hit a ball, sinking a red ball. Justin stopped at the other side of the green and brown table and waited for Brian to straighten his back.

 

“We meet again,” Brian nodded his head a little.

 

“What did you say to Alex?” Justin’s tone was not so nice.

 

“What are you talking about?” Brian arched his brows and took the little blue cube, rubbing it at the tip of his pool cue.

 

“He’s been weird since you talked to him,” Justin looked at the man angrily.

 

Brian looked at his pool table from different angles and walked around it. “Would you mind,” he pushed Justin aside a little and leaned over the table. Justin held in his groan and rolled his eyes. Brian took a shot but missed and got up again.

 

“I just pointed out that you have such a lovely ring dangling from that chain of yours. Your grandpa was very nice giving it to you,” Brian smirked, lowering the end of his pool cue on the floor and leaning on it. “He’s got the impression that you two are going to use it at your wedding. Such a sentimental kid that Alex of yours,” Brian babbled like he was talking about the weather.

 

“Stay out of it,” Justin grunted.

 

“It’s not me who’s wearing my wedding ring on my neck. I think it’s bad leading him on like that, when you’re still holding on to me,” Brian looked into those blue, angry peepers.

 

“Stay. Out. Of. It,” Justin repeated angrily and walked away.

 

Brian smiled as he watched Justin retreat and it felt like his day had just turned a lot better.

Chapter 5 by Teinisydan
Author's Notes:

This chapter is about how on earth did our boys get married.

Brian was in a bad mood and that was an understandment. Last night he had lost his ID. Not a good thing considering he was on a business trip in Washington. Ryder had ordered him to come here to lure a company that builds beds, over to Ryder Advertising.

 

He yanked a door open to a bar he had been to last night. Maybe one of the bartenders had gotten hands on his ID. The place was only slightly dimly light since it was only two o’clock in the afternoon. There were only a handful of people. All seemed to be alone, enjoying their own company. Some were eating and some were wasting their life day drinking.

 

“Hi,” Brian walked to the bar. “I seem to have lost my ID last night. I was thinking maybe someone here might have seen it.”

 

The bartender put a wine glass upside down up to it’s holder, above the bar table and dropped the kitchen towel on the counter. “I didn’t work last night but Bobby did. He’s in the back. I could go ask him,” she offered.

 

Brian bit his lower lip and nodded. “That would be great, thank you.”

 

She walked away and Brian leaned against the bar, glancing around. His eyes found this beautiful creature at the end of the bar. He was blond, he was young and he had shots in front of him in a neat line. The man lifted one small glass of brown liquid up to his eyelevel and stared at it. Then he placed it against his bottom lip and tilted his head back. The glass ended up upside down on top of two other shot glasses that were upside down on the bar.

 

“Are you Brian Kinney?” Brian suddenly heard and looked away from the blond.

 

“Yeah, I am,” Brian nodded.

 

“You’re in luck,” the bartender smiled and handed over a small ID card.

 

Brian sighed in relief as he saw the familiar card. “Thank you so much,” he said and pulled out a couple of bills from his pocket. “Make sure Bob gets my thank you,” he pushed the bills across the bar.

 

“Will do,” she nodded.

 

Brian looked at the man who was still sitting at the end of the bar and made his way to him. He sat on the stool next to him, leaning against the bar.

 

“I can only wonder what a man like you is doing here this time of the day,” Brian started.

 

The man turned his head and Brian saw the sky blue eyes, so clear and devastated. “Would you mind, I’m trying to get drunk,” he was clearly not happy that Brian had interrupted him.

 

“Alone? Isn’t that kind of pathetic?” Brian asked.

 

“If you want to get into my pants, fuck off. I ain’t interested,” the man turned his head back to the shots and took the next victim into his hand.

 

“It just got me wondering what happened to get a man like you wanting to get drunk this time of the day,” Brian wondered out loud.

 

The man was quiet for a second and stared at his drink. “They’re deporting me.”

 

“To where? Saudi Arabia?” Brian tried to throw some light humor into the conversation.

 

“Canada. I fucking hate Canada,” the man drank the shot.

 

“Why?” Brian asked.

 

“They won’t renew my visa. According to them I don’t have a good reason to stay here because I’m an artist and I only paint pretty pictures. They say I can paint in Canada as well as here but they don’t know jack shit,” he placed the empty glass next to the three empty glasses.

 

“They don’t understand that it suppresses your inspiration when you’re forced to stay somewhere you don’t want to be,” Brian knew exactly what the problem was. He had to come up with ideas to ads all the time. No way in hell was he going to come up with a good punch line if he was forced to go back to his childhood home.

 

The man turned his head back to Brian and looked at him. He had something in his eyes that Brian could not read. “Right,” he said slowly.

 

“They said the only option if I wanted to stay in the States was to marry,” the man explained and Brian could see the look in the blue eyes turn into glazed.

 

“That’s too bad,” Brian rolled his lips into his mouth. He knew this man was way too pissed to be interested in him. So he was really wasting his time.

 

“Yeah,” he nodded.

 

“Well, try not to drink too much. It ain’t worth it,” Brian said as he pushed off the bar and stood up. He turned around and walked out the bar.

 

*

 

A day later Brian got out of his rental car and straightened his suit jacket from wrinkles. It was a little over seven in the evening and he had promised to meet Ms. McLachlan, his potential new client, at this local art gallery. Apparently they had this new hot shot artist that everyone wanted to see. The place was packed so Ms. McLachlan was not wrong.

 

Brian saw her standing at the steps of the building as promised. “Good evening,” he smiled.

 

“Brian,” she said glad. “Ready to go inside?”

 

Brian nodded and motioned for her to go inside first. “So who is this artist?” he asked as they got inside.

 

“Justin Taylor. He’s really good. I’ve been eyeing him for some time now. He’s young but absolutely genius. I’m looking forward to buying one of his paintings this evening,” Ms. McLachlan explained.

 

“Really, that’s interesting,” Brian commented and took two champagne glasses from a waitress that walked by them. He gave one to his companion.

 

“Yes, I would appreciate your opinion. I imagine you probably know something about art,” she assumed and sipped her drink.

 

“I do know something. Perks of working in this field,” Brian smiled a little as they arrived at the first painting.

 

The painting took Brian’s breath away and he just had to stop and stare. There was a nude person, nothing else really. But the emotions that radiated from this painting were just too real. There was sadness, there was desperation, some loss and a hint of rage. “Wow,” Brian said quietly.

 

Ms. McLachlan smiled at his side. “Told you so,” she seemed smug.

 

They moved to the next painting and Brian decided he had to meet the artist. “Do you think this Justin Taylor is here?” Brian asked.

 

“Yes he is,” Brian heard an answer but that was not Ms. McLachlan’s voice. It was a male voice and for some reason it sounded slightly familiar. Brian turned 180 degrees and found himself face to face with the blond beauty from the bar he had had the pleasure meeting the yesterday.

 

“You,” Brian simply said.

 

“Sorry you had to see me in that condition yesterday,” Justin said and extended his hand. “Let’s try this again. I’m Justin Taylor, the artist.”

 

“Brian Kinney and don’t worry about it,” Brian took the hand. “This is Ms. McLachlan, a big fan of yours,” he made sure not to forget the woman.

 

Justin shook her hand as well and told it was a pleasure to meet such a big fan. He offered to give them a tour and told detailed stories about every painting in the show. Brian listened to every word and could only wonder why on earth someone would want to kick this man out of this country. This was where he belonged. Here was where he was meant to be if the outcome was this on the walls. The passion this man had for art was impeccable.

 

They stayed for a couple of hours and when it was time to leave, Brian walked Ms. McLachlan back to her car before making his way back inside. An idea had popped into his mind during the show and he had pondered it over the whole evening. The idea was absolutely crazy. But hell, he lived only once.

 

He found Justin talking to his manager but interrupted anyway. “Hi,” Brian cleared his throat. “Can I talk to you?”

 

Justin looked up at him and the manager scurried off right away.

 

“Can you come outside?” the room was packed full even if the show did show signs of ending.

 

“Okay,” Justin nodded and Brian beckoned Justin to follow him with his finger.

 

They found a place where there wasn’t really anyone close enough to hear them. Brian rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the smaller man.

 

“Something you need to say?” Justin looked at the man in front of him, slightly suspicious about his intentions.

 

“Where do I start,” Brian mumbled and took a couple of steps back and forth before stopping again. “This is going to sound really crazy,” he started.

 

“Okay,” Justin nodded, not really knowing what else to say.

 

“Marry me,” Brian blurted out.

 

Silence landed around them in the dark. Brian stared at Justin waiting him to react and Justin looked at Brian not believing what he was hearing.

 

“Excuse me?” Justin asked maybe a little offended.

 

“I mean, it would be strictly business. You would get to stay here and continue painting. Get your millions you deserve,” Brian explained.

 

“No, Brian, just no,” Justin shook his head thinking it was clearly out of the question.

 

“Why not?” the hazel eyes looked at the blond.

 

“I’m not going to rob someone their future. I’m not that selfish,” the blond shook his head, huffing a laugh because to him, it was obvious.

 

“You wouldn’t be robbing my future. I’m a person who loathes relationships. I will never, ever want into one. You need marriage to stay in the country. I think it’s important you stay here. You’re young, you have your future ahead of you and if you get kicked back to Canada, that might not be the case. Who knows where you end up,” the words just came out of Brian without even thinking. “United States of America will lose one hell of an artist if they force you to leave.”

 

“I don’t get it. We don’t know each other,” Justin pointed out.

 

“Doesn’t matter. After the wedding we would go our separate ways, maybe send Christmas cards once a year to know the other is still alive,” Brian shrugged.

 

“You’re unbelievable,” Justin shook his head but smiled a little.

 

“It’s true. I am,” Brian smiled back.

 

“Just answer one question,” Justin said.

 

Brian nodded and waited.

 

“Why?” came the simple question.

 

“I haven’t been the best person in my life. I could have done a lot of things better. Look at this like my good deed to the world, especially to you,” the brunet said his simple answer.

 

Then they stared at each other for a moment before Justin whispered. “Okay.”

 

“Okay?” Brian echoed not sure he heard right.

 

“Let’s do it,” Justin smiled.

 

Brian smiled back. “Say it.”

 

“Yes,” Justin chuckled a little.

 

Brian chuckled a little himself but then just to tease the man he had to say. “Yes what?”

 

“Yes, I will marry you.”

 

*

 

It took a week to arrange everything while Brian stayed in Washington. They signed a prenup, booked a little chapel and Brian bought them rings. Justin tried to say no, that he could buy his own ring but the brunet insisted that it was a wedding gift to his husband-to-be. Otherwise Justin worked on his art, occasionally they ate together and tried to get to know each other as well as they were able to in a week.

 

It was a Saturday when Brian stepped into the chapel with Justin, dressed in the suits they both had worn to Justin’s art opening.

 

“You still sure about this?” Justin asked looking up at Brian because the man was so tall.

 

Brian nodded. “Absolutely.”

 

The ceremony was short. They only had two witnesses, the priest’s wife and a man who cleaned the chapel. Brian absolutely loved how the whole situation lacked romance. This was the right kind of wedding for him. The priest asked if Brian would take Justin to be his lawfully wedded husband. Brian answered “sure” which made Justin giggle and when it was Justin’s time he nodded and said “yep.”

 

And that was the first time Brian Kinney kissed Justin Taylor… No, make that Justin Kinney.

 

*

 

Brian’s flight left early Sunday morning. He had returned his rental car the day before so Justin had offered to give him a ride to the airport.

 

A woman’s voice said it was last call for Brian’s flight and the brunet looked down at his husband. “You know, I do read art magazines so I better hear about you, blondie,” he smiled.

 

“You will, I promise that,” Justin smiled widely.

 

Brian nodded and wrapped his left arm around the shorter man, pulling him against himself.

 

“You behave yourself,” Justin rubbed Brian’s back and felt the man nod against his head. “And stop by if you ever decide to come back.”

 

“Of course,” Brian let go of the blond. “I better go or they’re going to leave without me.”

 

Justin took a step back, pushing his hands into his black jean’s pockets. He nodded. “Thank you for everything again.”

 

“No problem,” Brian winked his eye and walked through security.

 

Then Brian boarded the plane. He sat on his window seat and looked down at his ring finger. The new golden ring was still shining around it. He pulled it off and slipped it into his pocket, not knowing that the next time he would hear from his husband, the blond would want a divorce.

Chapter 6 by Teinisydan

Brian was in the middle of picking up red, delicious looking apples when a certain someone appeared next to him, out of thin air. Brian sighed, looked at him for a second and grabbed one more apple, slipping it into a small plastic bag. “And what have I done to deserve the sweet pleasure of your company?” he turned towards Justin. It seemed that lately the man spontaneously found his way to where ever Brian was.

 

“I just missed you so much I couldn’t stay away,” Justin shrugged smiling and grabbed some green grapes, putting them into another small plastic bag and dropping them into Brian’s shopping basket.

 

Brian stared at the grapes but didn’t say anything. He actually had those on his list. He moved past Justin and checked out if the tomatoes looked good. They did but eventually he decided not to take them. “You missed me?”

 

“Yep,” Justin followed him, nodding his head once. “I thought I’d come and delight you with my shiny presence. I know how much you like it when I surprise you,” the man looked smug, holding his hands behind his back.

 

“Well, when you put it that way,” the brunet smiled and grabbed the other man’s arm, pulling him closer. He pressed his lips against Justin’s making the man jump and pull back all shocked. Brian couldn’t resist laughing at that spooked expression.

 

“Brian! I’m a taken man!” Justin’s face turned angry. He clearly wanted to exclaim but managed to keep his voice low.

 

That made Brian grin hard. “Yeah, you are,” he said mockingly as he laughed and took one cucumber.

 

“By Alex, Brian. By Alex!” Justin pointed out arching his brows.

 

Brian turned towards Justin and put his hand down the collar of his t-shirt, making the man jump a little. He dug the chain out and took Justin’s wedding ring between his fingers. “This tells me otherwise,” he waved the ring in front of his husband’s face.

 

Justin quickly grabbed it and pushed it back inside his shirt. “Well, you’re stubborn and won’t write your name on certain papers,” he looked sour.

 

“Until then, you’re mine. So deal with it,” Brian took one whole pineapple and dropped it into the shopping basket. “So what would you like to eat today,” he was so content because he knew Justin had showed up only to annoy him. Now things were turned around and Justin was the annoyed one.

 

“I want mashed potatoes. I haven’t had those in ages,” Justin sighed letting Brian change the subject.

 

“I don’t know how to make mashed potatoes,” Brian looked at his husband like he was crazy even thinking about him making mashed potatoes.

 

Justin tolled his eyes. “Just buy the damn potatoes and I’ll make it. But I want chicken with it,” he pointed at the brunet, making it clear he had no saying in the matter.

 

“I don’t know,” Brian seemed to think about it, shaking his head slightly.

 

“You’re having chicken and that’s it!” Justin stubbornly turned around and headed for the meat isle.

 

Brian rolled his lips into his mouth as he watched after the man. A few weeks ago, he would have never believed that he, Brian Kinney, would be grocery shopping with his husband. But here he was, about to follow his husband to get the chicken. Well, at least he would get a home cooked meal actually at home.

 

The chicken found it’s way to Brian’s basket but he drew the line at Oreos and ice cream for dessert. Justin just rolled his eyes again and put them back. After they left the store, Brian took a look at the receipt. For some reason, in the middle of the list he noticed the words Oreos and vanilla ice cream. The brunet squinted his eyes at Justin who looked cool as a cucumber. “You’re so doing the dishes.”

 

*

 

Brian had to admit, the dinner had been amazing. He could so get used to eating Justin’s cooking every day. But now Justin decided it was time for dessert. Brian kept his brows furrowed as he stared at his husband. Justin was going through his cabinets opening one after another.

 

“What are you looking for?” the brunet asked.

 

But at that point Justin pulled out a small plastic bag and held it up for Brian to see. “Found it,” he walked back to the table where he already had ice cream in a bowl and the packet of Oreos.

 

“What are you doing?” Brian kept his brows furrowed but Justin didn’t answer. Instead the man took the bag, put a couple of Oreos in it and started crushing them with his fingers. Brian looked, fascinated with his husband.

 

Then Justin opened the bad and poured the black crumbles on top of his ice cream. Then he simply took his spoon and started eating.

 

Brian shook his head as he watched Justin.

 

“Try it,” Justin pushed his grey bowl across the kitchen table.

 

Brian did taste a spoonful and liked it very much. Of course he wouldn’t admit that. “Way too many calories,” he said and pushed the bowl back.

 

Justin rolled his lips into his mouth and tried not to grin. He saw it very clearly from Brian’s face that he liked it. “You seriously haven’t seen anybody do his before?”

 

Brian shook his head. “No.”

 

Justin just shrugged his shoulders a little bit and pushed another spoonful into his mouth.

 

Brian got up and took his plate and glass into the sink. “Remember to do the dishes,” he reminded smirking as he passed the man and made his way to the living room.

 

*

 

“When will you leave?” Brian sighed annoyed and looked at the man sitting on his floor.

 

Justin pushed his tongue against his cheek in concentration as he tried to balance two cards on top of an almost finished card pyramid. He gently set two cards against each other and slowly let go, pulling his hands away. “When you divorce me,” he said with a voice that told he was only half listening to the brunet and more concentrating on his project.

 

“Well you’re going to be here a long… Long time then,” Brian had his laptop in his lap and tried to go through the day’s news but his husband was annoying him by not leaving. He didn’t really even pay attention to Brian. He just did what he wanted to pass the time.

 

When the last two cards were carefully set on their place. Justin smiled and leaned back, satisfied that he had actually build a six layer card pyramid. “Look at that,” he said proudly.

 

Then Brian just had to accidentally bump the table with his foot as he lifted his feet up and crossed his legs. Everything came tumbling down.

 

Justin face immediately turned to show his disappointment. “Why did you have to do that?” he asked upset that his work had just like that been ruined.

 

“Sorry, it was an accident. My leg was cramping,” Brian smiled over the laptop.

 

“Asshole,” Justin mumbled. He sighed and collected the cards into a neat pile before getting up. “I’m going to take a shower.”

 

Brian watched him go to the bathroom and then he heard the lock turn in the door. The brunet sighed and pushed the laptop off his lap on the sofa and stretched his body. It was exhausting having someone over. For his whole life he had lived alone if you didn’t count the time he was in college and had a roommate. He rubbed his face and got up to put the TV on. Nothing good was probably on, but he didn’t care.

 

Brian was halfway through watching an episode of CSI. He had never actually watched this TV series because he was not into criminal TV shows. But it had to do until something better came along. Then Justin opened the bathroom door and patted out, dressed only in Brian’s dark blue, silky bathrobe. Brian followed the pale body with his eyes and watched the fabric move against that skin.

 

“Your shower is great. Especially when you’ve been living so long in a hotel room,” Justin’s voice dripped satisfaction. “And love the shampoo. It smelled so good. Where do you get it?” he babbled on as he slumped on the sofa, not so sexily.

 

Brian bit his lower lip and looked at the partly exposed thigh. Oh how he wanted to reach out and touch it. Blue was definitely Justin’s color, Brian decided. He looked absolutely inviting. He could just slide closer and get between those, tasty looking, firm, pair of…

 

“Brian? Are you listening to me?” Justin’s annoyed voice suddenly brought Brian out of his thoughts.

 

“Uhum?” Brian lifted his eyes up into Justin’s blue eyes.

 

“Oh god, grow up,” Justin roughly pushed Brian on his shoulder, knowing exactly what the older man was thinking.

 

“But those thighs. Can I just… Once…” Brian almost begged and his left hand moved forward but then he pulled it away.

 

Justin pulled the robe so his thighs were covered and pointed his finger at the man. “You come any closer and I will call the cops,” he said sternly.

 

“Go ahead. Give my regards to Horvath,” Brian grinned, still eyeing the amazing body.

 

Justin grunted and looked away. “Well, you ain’t touching my thighs.”

 

*

 

When Brian finally managed to kick his husband out, it was late and he was tired. But he didn’t let that stop him from making a beeline to the freezer and pulling out the vanilla ice cream. He took some into a bowl and crumbled two Oreos on top of it, like Justin had done, before taking a spoon and digging in.  

Chapter 7 by Teinisydan

Justin knew that the last time he had visited Kinnetik, Brian had not been happy with his behavior. So he decided to try that again. He had a basket full of fresh muffins he had bought from a bakery three blocks down from the brunet’s office. After all, he was the perfect wife who wanted to devote his life pampering his husband. Or so he would make the employees think.

 

Justin walked into Kinnetik’s lobby and saw Pauline right where he saw her the last time. Justin smiled and walked up to her desk, lifting the basket to the counter. “Hi, remember me, the boss’s hubby?”

 

Pauline giggled. “Sure I do,” she nodded.

 

“Great. Muffin? Freshly baked,” he lifted the corner of the classic red and white cloth, revealing the muffins.

 

“Thank you. I had to skip my breakfast this morning. This will be perfect,” she took one and Justin gave her wide smile.

 

“Now would you please tell me where my husband’s lair is?” the man hid the muffins again.

 

“Take the elevator to third floor. His name is on the door, can’t miss it,” Pauline answered and took a bite from her muffin.

 

“Thank you. You’re the best, Pauline,” Justin winked his eye and made his way to the elevators. He tapped the handle of the basket as the elevator slowly climbed upwards. When the doors opened, he immediately saw his husband in a very neat, simple, black suit and a white shirt under. He was missing a tie so the top buttons were open.

 

“Christ, what are you doing here?” Brian stopped with papers in his both hands and looked quite annoyed with Justin.

 

“Is that the way you’re going to greet your loving husband?” Justin scolded him and walked past the man to Cynthia, who was sitting on the edge of her desk.

 

“Hi, I’m Justin, Brian’s husband. Muffin?” he lifted the corner of the cloth again.

 

Cynthia laughed and took one. “I remember you.”

 

“That’s always nice to hear,” Justin let his smile brake out again.

 

“What are you doing here?” Brian walked around Justin and checked what the man had in his basket.

 

“I am here to show my support to you,” the younger man got on his toes and kissed Brian’s cheek. “Plus, I missed you.”

 

“I bet,” Brian rolled his eyes.

 

“So what’s the story behind this?” Cynthia asked pointing her muffin from Justin to Brian and back.

 

“Almost ten years ago, we fell madly in love and got married. Not really anything else to tell,” Justin shrugged.

 

“Liar,” Brian muttered.

 

Justin just smiled and took hold of Brian’s arm spinning him around. “Now, show me that fancy office of yours you have been talking so much about, darling” he pushed the man into his office and closed the door behind them.

 

Brian threw his papers on his desk and watched as Justin placed his basket on it too. “What the fuck, Justin?”

 

“I am here to annoy you until you beg me to divorce you,” Justin smiled a very innocent fake smile.

 

Brian rolled his lips into his mouth feeling it already. “No you’re not. I have a busy day today. I can’t have you rolling around here. Besides, as you should know, we do a lot of things here that no one else should know about.”

 

“Well, you just have to be careful then and not say a peep,” Justin sat down on the small sofa, bouncing a little and taking a magazine.

 

Brian watched him lift his left leg over right and turning the first page of Art Forum. He decided not to let the man ruin his day and turned around, walking out of the room. He saw Cynthia still sitting on the edge of her desk and made sure Justin heard him. “Keep an eye on him.”

 

*

 

The next time Brian stepped into his office he saw Justin half lying in his expensive leather chair. Dirty sneakers were leaving dirt on his even more expensive desk. His brown eye twitched as he saw that the man was speaking on his phone. Brian told his heart to calm down. Justin was probably just talking to a friend or his mother. But what made it jump to his throat was when he heard Justin say. “No, orange is really the new blue. It opposite of cold and cold is so last season. It’s hot. Especially when we’re talking about sunglasses.” Then the lad had a nerve to smile and wave his hand at Brian. “Oh, Brian just walked in. I got to go but it was so nice to talk to you Mrs. McQuaid. We’ll see you next Friday at one. Great. Thank you. Can’t wait to meet you too. Say hi to your husband from me. Great. Bye,” and with that he put down the phone before writing something o Brian’s calendar.

 

“What the fuck?” Brian yelled and slammed the door.

 

“Oh, your phone rung. I thought I’d answer. Mrs. McQuaid told me to say hi to you,” Justin let his feet down on the floor and this time he leaned his elbows on the desk.

 

“Are you crazy? Giving advice to my clients when you don’t even know what you’re talking about,” Brian was outright furious.

 

“Well she said she wasn’t really happy with the ad you last presented her and I thought I’d find out if you have it on your computer and it turns out you do. So I thought that I’d give some pointers how you could improve it. She liked my suggestions,” Justin smiled very satisfied.

 

Brian could not describe the feelings he was going through at the moment. They were very mixed up and every shade of angry there was. “You have no right going through my computer. You know I could report you to the police. How the hell did you get through the password anyway?”

 

“You could but you won’t. And 1 2 3 4 isn’t a secure password Brian. You should already know that,” Justin leaned back and took a pen, clicking it several times.

 

The brunet had to bite his cheeks. He walked around his table and pulled the annoying nuisance from his chair, sitting on it himself. “Go away,” he muttered.

 

“Not before you answer one question,” Justin leaned his hand on the desk and looked at his husband.

 

“And what would that be?” Brian intentionally pulled the chair close to his desk and moved his head close to Justin’s face, trying to be intimidating.

 

“Divorce me?” Justin simply said.

 

“No,” Brian shook his head. “That was your first time.”

 

Justin sighed and looked away. Then he walked to the sofa, fell on it and moved one sofa cushion under his head. He took another magazine and started to read.

 

“Just leave already,” Brian rubbed his eyes with his fingers.

 

Justin lifted his head and looked like he was about to say something. “No,” he said shortly and continued reading.

 

*

 

Time passed and lunchtime arrived. Brian had not gotten up from his chair, afraid that Justin would sabotage something. He held his eye on the husband but all he did was offer those damn muffins to everyone who would step into the room.

 

“It’s lunchtime,” Brian said finally when he couldn’t handle his hunger anymore.

 

“I’ve noticed,” Justin nodded as he laid on his stomach and stared at the crossword puzzle, fiddling with Brian’s custom made pen.

 

“Would you like to get something to eat?” Brian asked.

 

“Sure, as long as it’s not Chinese,” Justin muttered and wrote a word down. “Hey, 6 letter word, third letter is D, it’s an air traffic control device,” he looked up.

 

“Radars,” Brian said and picked up his phone, pressing number one. “Get us some lunch, no Chinese,” and then he put the phone down.

 

Half an hour later Cynthia brought in a bag that had two cup salads and two small sandwiches. Brian took them out and pushed Justin’s legs out of the way so he could sit down. Justin sat up too and started to eat his salad with a plastic fork.

 

Justin looked at Brian as he nibbled on a piece of cucumber. A little of the dressing got on the older man’s lower lip and he tried to wipe it away but he did poor job. Justin felt it was his duty to finish it so he reached over and wiped his thumb over the lip.  

 

“Why are you here really?” Brian asked and licked his lip again.

 

“Alex went back home and I feel lonely so I thought I’d seek the comfort of my husband,” Justin grinned.

 

“You’re not letting go are you?” Brian huffed a little and looked down at his salad.

 

Justin just shook his head.

 

“Why did you dye your hair?” Brian asked suddenly.

 

“What?” Justin asked surprised.

 

“You were blond when we met,” Brian pointed out.

 

Justin placed his almost eaten salad down and grabbed his sandwich. “Alex doesn’t like blonds.”

 

Brian held in his groan. He just found one more reason to hate that man.

 

“The first time I saw you,” Brian munched on his salad and pushed his fork through a piece of tomato. “The blond hair was the first thing I noticed about you.”

 

Justin looked up but didn’t say anything.

 

“You were fucking beautiful,” Brian said quietly looking straight into those blue eyes. The playful, snarky look in those eyes turned into something sad. “You should stop doing what he wants you to do. Stop being what he wants you to be and be yourself.”

 

“I am myself,” Justin insisted, trying to keep his voice calm.

 

Brian shook his head. “No you’re not.”

 

Justin looked down at his sandwich and took a bite, not looking at the man.

 

*

 

Justin sighed as he got back to his hotel room. He kicked off his shoes and enjoyed the soft carpet under his feet. He had always wanted a house with carpeting but they were so hard to keep clean. The man threw his keys on the night stand and sat on the edge of the bed. He pulled his phone from his pocket and decided to call Alex. The man answered on third ring.

 

“Hey you,” came the happy voice.

 

“Hey,” Justin smiled a little.

 

“What’s up?” Alex asked like he always did.

 

“Nothing much. Just missing you,” the light brown haired man said. He didn’t really know why he said that because it was not really true. It was more like he was used to having Alex around and he noticed when he wasn’t. Also this was his first time being apart from him for so long. “You?”

 

“Inventory is keeping me busy. I’m counting bottles of Heineken at the moment,” came the answer.

 

“That’s great,” Justin nodded and looked at the green carpet.

 

“So what did you do today?” Alex asked.

 

“Mhh,” Justin mumbled and sighed. “Not much. Walked around,” he did not really know why he lied. Maybe because Alex and Brian didn’t get along and he was not in the mood to hear Alex complain about his husband.

 

“I’ll be there Friday. I got a late flight so I should arrive around midnight,” Justin heard from the man’s voice that he smiled.

 

“Great. Can’t wait to see you,” Justin nodded.

 

“Okay. I got to go. Have a fun evening,” and after that Alex cut the line and Justin heard beeping coming from his phone. He dropped it on the bed and walked to the bathroom to quickly wash his face, since it had been a hot summer day and he had been sweaty all day. Then he dried his face into a white, fluffy towel before looking himself from the mirror and running his fingers through his hair that should be blond.

 

End Notes:

 

And the converting has begun.

Chapter 8 by Teinisydan

 

Justin forcefully knocked on the loft door. He was in the mood to set things straight and talk some sense into Brian’s tiny, little brain. But he hadn’t prepared himself seeing his husband in a black wife beater that showed off the man’s gorgeous arms. So when Brian opened the door, instead of saying a few chosen words, Justin just let out a vague noise from his throat.

 

Brian looked smug. “I got a pizza and a movie, want to come in?”

 

“I like pizza,” Justin nodded and walked past Brian. “And put on a shirt. You look ridiculous.”

 

“Nope, I’m hot,” Brian shook his head and closed the door. He walked to the kitchen and took the cardboard box, bringing it to the living room. Justin sat on the sofa and Brian grabbed the remote control before sitting next to him. He gave the box to Justin and pressed play.

 

“What do we have here?” Justin opened the lid and was a little disappointed that there was no meat in sight. He loved meat in his pizza. “You serious?” he looked over at Brian.

 

“Shut up,” Brian took a slice and concentrated at the beginning of the movie.

 

“What are we watching?” Justin decided to let it go and grabbed one slice before putting the box on the coffee table.

 

“Robin Hood,” Brian answered.

 

“The one with Russell Crowe?” Justin asked and Brian nodded. “Great. I’ve been meaning to watch it.”

 

After two slices of pizza, Justin found himself thirsty so he decided to go look for something to drink. He got up and went to check Brian’s fridge. There was a carton of guava juice. He liked guava juice. So Justin took it and walked back to the sofa, falling next to Brian. The weird thing was, Brian started to look at him funny. He didn’t say anything, he just stared. Justin decided to ignore him and opened the carton, drinking straight from it. At that point Justin could have sworn Brian’s face twitched.

 

When Justin lowered the carton he looked at Brian who quickly moved his eyes back to the TV. Justin briefly rolled his lips into his mouth and licked them. Justin had just found something, he was sure of it. He just didn’t know what.

 

“Have you seen this movie before?” Justin asked.

 

“No,” Brian shook his head.

 

“You want some?” Justin offered the carton to Brian and was surprised how quickly it was snatched from his hand. The younger man fought against a smile and moved his head forward again.

 

*

 

There was about 30 minutes of the movie left when Brian felt something touch his shoulder. He saw a mop of light brown hair on his right shoulder and leaned his head forward to see if the blue eyes were closed. They were. It was late already so Brian let the younger man sleep for the rest of the movie.

 

When the end credits started rolling, Brian pressed pause and scooped his husband up to his arms partially waking him up.

 

“Brian?” Justin mumbled sleepily.

 

“Just getting you to bed. You’ll be much more comfortable there,” Brian whispered and walked to the bedroom. He settled the man down on the mattress and immediately he fell back asleep. Brian looked down at Justin and his jeans. No one slept in his bed with pants on. That was a fact. So Brian opened the belt, button and zipper before taking hold of the waistband and pulling the pants off, revealing a pair of dark blue underwear.

 

“Umh, what are you doing?” Justin mumbled but Brian didn’t have time to answer when he yet again had fell asleep.

 

Brian pulled the jeans off and covered Justin with a blue blanket. Then he went to take the DVD out and turn off the TV. He also checked that the door was locked and turned off the lights before brushing his teeth and getting into bed himself too.

 

*

 

A loud thundering noise woke up Brian. The noise was not new to him. It had woken him up a couple of times during the night. It was raining and blowing really hard and sometimes the wind made the rain hit the windows loudly. The brunet stretched under the warm, blue blanket and then turned his head to see the other person in his bed. Justin was lying on his stomach, arms wrapped around his pillow.

 

It was quiet if you didn’t count the rain so when Brian started hearing buzzing, he furrowed his brows. That was not a familiar sound in his loft. He sat up and listened. The buzzing was coming from somewhere near. The brunet got up and walked to Justin’s pants, picking them up. Now it was clear that it was the man’s phone that was vibrating. Brian pulled it out from the front pocket and looked at the small screen. Alex. Oh this is just too perfect, Brian thought.

 

He pressed the answer button and walked to the kitchen. “What a nice surprise, Alex.” Brian tried to put the lights on but even though Brian flipped the switch, the room stayed dim. The power was obviously out. The line was quiet for a few seconds until Brian heard an unsure voice.

 

“Brian?” Alex said.

 

“Recognized,” Brian smiled widely.

 

“Where’s Justin?” suddenly the unsure voice turned into hostile.

 

“Shh, he’s still sleeping. We had a late night,” Brian leaned on the kitchen island wearing only his underwear.

 

“Put him on the phone right now!” the brunet had to pull the phone from his ear since the man yelled so loudly it hurt his ear.

 

“Sorry, no can do but it was nice talking to you. Bye now,” Brian smiled and pressed the end button. Then he turned the phone off and went to put it back into Justin’s pocket.

 

Brian climbed back into his bed dipping the mattress a little. He noticed that Justin almost woke up because of it and moved under the blanket. As the brunet laid down, Justin moved closer and cuddled to him. This morning just keeps getting better, Brian chuckled in his mind. He turned to his side and put his arm around the other man. Justin just snuggled tighter against Brian’s chest and moved his leg over Brian’s. The older man knew Justin was partially wake but obviously not enough, so he took advantage of the situation and moved his hand lower, over the perky bubble butt.

 

Justin hummed in his hazy condition and kissed the warm, nice skin in front of him. He somehow felt safe in the strong arms and the smell was overwhelmingly good. He sighed and felt a palm run over his backside.

 

“Mmh, just give me a few more minutes Alex and I’ll be ready,” Justin muttered, not ready to open his eyes yet but definitely up for some glorious morning sex.

 

“Guess again,” Brian sing sang into Justin’s hair.

 

Justin snapped his eyes open, the nice morning feeling totally gone. He pulled his head back and saw Brian’s grinning face looking down at him.

 

“What the fuck, Brian!” the man scurried to the other side of the bed, away from Brian.

 

“What? You started it,” the brunet shrugged.

 

“I thought you were Alex!” Justin defended himself.

 

“Nope, not Alex. Brian, much better than Alex, way better than Alex,” Brian moved on his back and crossed his fingers behind his head, flexing his muscles a little. That worked immediately as he noticed Justin’s eyes wondering down his almost naked body. He chuckled as he noticed Justin shake his head and rub his eyes.

 

“I got to go,” Justin got up from the bed.

 

“Don’t think you’re going anywhere,” Brian shook his head.

 

“What, so now I’m a prisoner here?” Justin’s voice was bored as he picked up his pants and started pulling them on.

 

“Nope, the weather is horrible and the power is out,” Brian pointed out.

 

“I think I’ll manage,” Justin sighed and patted his pocket to make sure his phone was still there.

 

“You can’t get out of this loft without power. The alarm is on and you need power to remove it. You’re stuck,” Brian sat up and sat legs crossed on the soft mattress. That wasn’t the case. He had just lied brilliantly through his teeth. All that was needed was a key and Justin would be able to get out. Happily, Brian knew his keys were in his jacket’s pocket and the jacket was in his closet.

 

“What?” Justin’s voice rose and octave.

 

“Maximum security, what did you think?” Brian got up, not bothering with clothes even though it was a little chilly. “Breakfast?”

 

“Are you really saying that I can’t get out until the power comes back?” Justin run after Brian as the man patted barefooted to the kitchen.

 

“Yep,” Brian turned his upper body towards Justin a little.

 

“You’re lying,” Justin squinted his eyes at the man.

 

“Go ahead. Try to get out. You’re only going to alert the police. You wouldn’t want the whole squad knocking the door down now, would you?” Brian took two bowls out of his cupboard. “Granola?”

 

“How long will the power be out?” Justin sat on the closest barstool, slightly devastated.

 

“Might be out the whole day. Maybe they will be back tomorrow, who knows,” Brian shrugged and took a box of granola out, pouring some into the two bowls. Then he took the milk out and poured some of it too. He picked up a spoon, pushed it into the mix and moved the bowl in front of Justin. “Eat, it might help,” Brian took his own bowl and sat next to Justin to eat.

 

Justin stared ahead for a second before taking the spoon and then he started eating. If he only could have seen the satisfied grin on Brian’s face.

 

*

 

Three hours later they were sitting on both sides of the coffee table in the living room. They both had cards in their hands, Brian more than Justin. They were playing Rummy. Justin already had three queens, three fours and row of spades on the table, leaving three cards he was still holding in his hand. Brian on the other hand still had all the cards in his hand but he only needed one ace and he would win the round.

 

He looked at Justin over the table and picked up a card from the deck. And what do you know. It was the ace of spades. The brunet threw away the one card he didn’t need and laid all his cards on the table.

 

“Admit it, you’re screwed,” Brian grinned and leaned back on his hands. “I win, again.”

 

“That’s because you’re cheating,” Justin grunted and pushed his cards in the middle of the table. “I’m bored.”

 

Brian smiled as he tidied the table and arranged the cards into a pile. “There’s not really much you can do here without the electricity.”

 

Justin stayed quiet for a moment before he asked a question. “Then what do you do?”

 

“Fuck, jerk off, go through my porn magazines,” Brian grinned.

 

“Should have guessed,” Justin rolled his eyes.

 

“Now that we’re on the topic of sex. How good is Alex in bed?” Brian crossed his arms on the table and leaned his chin on his forearms, waiting for Justin to answer.

 

The blond eyes grew huge and moved back on Brian. “I’m not telling you that.”

 

“Oh come on. We’re two adults here,” Brian arched his brows. “Does he give good blowjobs? What about rimjobs? A rimjob tells a lot about a man,” he pointed Justin with his finger as he said matter of factly.

 

Justin stared at Brian before bursting into laughter. “What the fuck, Brian?”

 

“What, they’re just questions!” Brian smiled.

 

“I’m the master of blowjobs and rimjobs so I will say he’s a good second,” Justin pushed his tongue into his cheek.

 

“Interesting,” Brian said with a voice that told he was interested. “What else are you good at? I love a man who can ride. How’s that?”

 

“Maybe,” Justin looked smug.

 

“What about kissing? Good quality kissers are hard to find these days. It feels like they’re almost extinct nowadays,” Brian inquired.

 

“Alex says I’m the best he’s ever had,” Justin admitted and moved his legs from under him, crossing them.

 

“And how good is Alex?” Brian got curious.

 

“He’s decent,” Justin shrugged a little and that made Brian gasp. For some reason it felt like they’ve had this conversation before.

 

“You’re willing to marry someone who is only decent? What is going on in that little head of yours?” Brian straightened his back not believing what he was hearing.

 

“There are other things, Brian,” Justin pointed out.

 

“Yeah, one of those things is you should know what a real kiss is before you settle down,” Brian got up and walked around the coffee table. He pulled his husband up.

 

“Brian,” was all Justin could manage to say before he felt dominating lips against his own. They devoured him, they took his breath away, they made Justin’s body fly an inch above the floor. No, Alex did not kiss like this. This kiss made Justin feel something. He got butterflies in his stomach, which he hadn’t felt since he met Alex. His heart skipped a beat and yeah, everyone should be kissed like this before making any final decisions.

 

“You still want to marry Alex?” Brian asked as he pulled away.

 

“…Yeah?” the voice was not assured. Not even close.

 

End Notes:

 

Next time we get to see Brian torment Alex some more.

 

Chapter 9 by Teinisydan

 

Brian paid for his tall Starbucks latte and stepped out. It was Friday and he had the whole weekend free. There were so many possibilities and Brian thought at some point he had to include his little husband in a plan or two. The opportunity rose sooner than later when he stepped outside and saw Alex walking down the sidewalk towards him.

 

“Well, if it isn’t Mr. Taylor wannabe,” Brian smirked, using the last name Justin had been born with.

 

Alex looked at Brian and he seemed really annoyed. “What do you want?” he grunted.

 

“Nothing. I’m just enjoying the day. The weather is so nice, don’t you think?” Brian looked as Alex walked by him and started walking next to him just to annoy the man. It would make the start of his weekend so much better.

 

“I’m on my way to see Justin, so would you mind,” Alex stopped and turned towards Brian.

 

“Justin? And how has our little lad been lately? Haven’t seen him in a couple of days,” Brian put on his best thinking face.

 

“Still wants to divorce you,” Alex seemed a little smug after he said that comment.

 

Brian twisted his mouth and seemed to be thinking about it. Then he shook his head. “See, I’m not so sure about that,” he held his cup of latte in his hand and pointed at Alex with one of his fingers. “The other day I caught him staring at me like he wanted to make out with me. I don’t think that’s something someone would do if they wanted a divorce.”

 

“If you thought that, you don’t know Justin at all,” Alex turned and started to walk again but then he saw Justin walking towards them. “I thought I was supposed to meet you at… What have you done?” he suddenly gasped as he really looked at the man. The blond man.

 

Brian’s jaw dropped. He watched this new blond Justin and couldn’t help thinking how beautiful he looked with blond hair. He took a step forward and started to walk around Justin, looking at him from different angles. “You look hot,” Brian said quietly, wedging himself between Alex and Justin and staring at the shorter man.

 

“Excuse me?” Alex rounded Brian. Brian could hear from his voice how offended he was right now.

 

Brian just looked at him briefly with his other brow raised and then looked at Justin again. He raised his hand to push a lock of blond hair behind his ear. It didn’t really stay there because it was too short but Brian got a good excuse to touch him.

 

Justin looked shy. He looked at Brian but glanced at Alex a couple of timed. “You really think so?”

 

Brian nodded. “I wouldn’t lie to you. You’re my husband,” he gave him a genuine smile.  

 

“Well, I don’t like it. Justin, why did you dye your hair? You know how much I liked it brown,” Alex complained and placed a hand on Brian’s chest pushing him away from Justin. He didn’t want this man standing only a couple of inches from his boyfriend. Brian took a step back but kept smiling at Justin.

 

“I wanted it. I missed my blond hair and I don’t want to wait for it to grow back,” Justin brushed his hair out of his eyes as he looked at Alex.

 

Alex shook his head. “I don’t like it. Let me call someone and get it fixed. We might have to wait for a couple of weeks but don’t worry.”

 

Brian was surprised to see the man pull out his phone and start dialing. “What the fuck are you doing?”

 

“I’m fixing his mess, what do think?” he glared at Brian and then turned back to his phone.

 

“Alex,” Justin begged. “No,” he tried but Alex just waived his arm to shush him.

 

Brian huffed a sarcastic laugh. He looked around not believing what he was witnessing. Was he really supposed to let this man marry Justin? Did Justin really want to marry this guy? Then Brian looked back at Alex who put the phone against his ear. Justin seemed really upset by Alex’s reaction. Brian squinted his eyes at the man and then suddenly grabbed the phone, yanking it out of Alex’s hand. Then he threw the phone away as hard as he could.

 

Alex stared at him surprised and a little bit in horror. His eyes were huge and his mouth was wide open. Justin looked as surprised as Alex did.

 

“Here, let me close that for you,” Brian put his fingers on Alex’s jaw and pushed up.

 

“That was my phone!” Alex yelled angrily, first roughly pushing Brian’s hand away and then pointing at the direction the man had thrown the phone.

 

“Not anymore,” Brian smirked.

 

Alex grunted and walked away to the direction Brian had thrown the phone. When the man was far enough he saw him crouch down to pick up the phone that was no doubt smashed to pieces.

 

Brian turned to watch Justin who by the look on his face had mixed feelings. “Don’t listen to him. You look so much better with blond hair,” he said.

 

Justin bit his lip but smiled. “Thanks.”

 

“I got to go. I’m going to Babylon tonight. Have to start getting ready if I want to be there on time,” Brian grinned a little and sipped his latte.

 

Justin smiled and glanced behind him to see where Alex was and saw him standing and cursing at the broken phone. “Have fun then,” he turned back to Brian.

 

“You should stop by,” Brian suggested.

 

“I don’t know. He’s probably going to be mad at me for some time and won’t let me go,” Justin smiled awkwardly a little.

 

“Do what you want. Not what he tells you to,” Brian sipped his coffee again. “But I really got to go now. It was good to see you,” he nodded at the blond, turned around and walked away.

 

*

 

Alex sighed very loudly as he grabbed the cheapest phone from the store and headed to the checkout counter. Justin tried to keep up with him and took hurried steps.

 

“He’s lucky if the SIM card still works,” Alex grunted and slammed the small box on the counter before paying for it.

 

“Just let me talk to him. I’m sure he’s just upset about something that happened to him. It’s not you…” Justin tried saying for the tenth time.

 

“No, it’s not me. It’s you,” Alex said angrily without looking at his boyfriend. “You had to go and dye your hair. Why the hell did you have to do that? You look disgusting.”

 

Justin squeezed his eyes shut and forced himself to think this had nothing to do with his hair color as they walked out of the shop. Alex was just upset about his phone. “It’s just hair, Alex.”

 

“I’ve told you, blonds turn me off,” Alex opened the box with force and threw it away, not caring if he was leaving scrap behind.

 

“Well I am one, whether you liked it or not,” Justin pointed out. “A hair dye is not going to change that.”

 

“Your hair color was perfect before. I could live with that,” Alex stopped and put his old SIM card in the phone. Then he turned it on seeing that it only had a little battery. “Great, six new messages and no battery.”

 

“You can use my phone and call them back,” Justin offered but it didn’t seem to please Alex.

 

“Well you probably threw away the phone I bought you as a birthday present and bought something that Brian liked,” Alex noticed a café nearby and decided to go and see if he could charge the battery there.

 

“Alex, you can’t do this,” Justin said with clear desperation.

 

“Your job was very clear. Get a divorce. That’s it. Look where we are now?” Alex stopped and turned to look.

 

Justin sighed and looked away for a moment. “He gave me conditions.”

 

“Conditions?” Alex echoed.

 

“I have to ask him three times and he will sign the papers,” Justin explained.

 

“Any why haven’t you asked him yet if that was all you needed to do,” Alex asked looking at the blond.

 

But Justin didn’t really have an answer to that. “It’s not that simple.”

 

“No? Will you sign the divorce papers? Will you sign the divorce papers? Will you sign the divorce papers? See, even I could do that,” Alex pointed at himself.

 

“You don’t understand,” Justin said impatiently.

 

“Then tell me. Tell me what I don’t understand,” Alex threw his hands in the air and looked expectantly at his boyfriend.

 

But Justin didn’t know how to tell. He didn’t even know what to tell.

 

*

 

Brian smiled as he stood in the middle of the dance floor. There was a mass of sweaty bodies dancing around him but all he saw was this newly blond man walking towards him. Justin was dressed in a black and blue wife beater and black jeans. He hadn’t expected Justin to actually come. The blond made his way through the half-naked bodies and both he and Brian smiled as one young man suddenly placed his hand on the front of his pants and squeezed. Justin just politely smiled at the man and gently pushed his hand away.

 

“Didn’t think you would actually come,” Brian smiled as Justin stepped in front of him.

 

Justin shrugged a little. “Alex was bitching too much about his phone even though he already bought a new one. It was getting old.”

 

“Well, I’m happy you’re here,” Brian smiled. Then he stepped closer and slipped his left arm around the man. “Dance with me,” he pressed his forehead against Justin and felt hands come in contact with his arms.

 

Then Justin started moving and everything else and everyone else disappeared.  

 

Chapter 10 by Teinisydan

 

It turned out that when Justin got his first taste of Babylon, the lights, the atmosphere, the half-naked strangers, the thumpa thumpa, he loved it. There was nothing quite like Babylon in Denver. Not even in Washington and definitely not in Canada. He called Brian over and over again, telling him he should take him back. No matter if it was a weekday or weekend, whether Alex was in Pittsburg or not. He spend night after night in the packed room, losing himself, losing the reality he was living. And for some reason, when Brian was next to him, everything felt better.

 

*

 

Alex slammed a porcelain mug unnecessary hard back on the chart, making all the forks, knifes and spoons clatter in the small hotel room. Justin pressed his fingertips on the sides of his head, rubbing the sore head. “Would you mind,” the blond grunted feeling the withdrawal of the alcohol in his stomach.

 

“Not at all,” Alex said lauder than necessary and dropped a spoon into his coffee mug making it do high pitched noises.

 

Justin sighed and looked at his boyfriend with begging eyes. “What is your problem?”

 

“My problem? My problem is that you stay up all hours with a man you promised you were going to divorce because you haven’t seen him in for how many years it was? But here we are, you’re still married and we’re no closer to getting married ourselves than we were when we met. My problem is that I come all the way from the other side of this country to support you because I thought this was hard time for you, or so you let me believe when I called you about a thousand times. My problem is you seem to enjoy behaving like a spoiled teenager with Brian Kinney,” Alex went on and on, his tone angry and disappointed. He looked at the man who was supposed to be his husband by now, furious by his behavior.

 

“Alex, I’ve told you this so many times. I have to convince him. I can’t do that if I don’t spend time with him. Usually I’m being rather mean to him,” Justin tried to keep his voice calm because he was in no condition to really fight. He wasn’t even in the mood to defend himself. All he wanted was to fall back in the bed and pull the cover over his head.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I know. I’ve heard that bullshit before,” Alex pushed the cart in front of the door.

 

“It’s not bullshit,” Justin closed his eyes whishing it wasn’t so bright outside.

 

“Well your tactic doesn’t seem to be working since he obviously likes you,” Alex opened the door and pushed the cart out in the hall before closing the door.

 

“What are you talking about?” Alex didn’t make any sense to Justin.

 

“I’m talking about your hubby being smitten with you. I’m talking about your little idea to spend time with him to irritate him. Can’t you see that is exactly what he wants? You around because he wants you,” Alex took his cargo shorts and pulled them on.

 

“Brian doesn’t want me. When we first met he told me he doesn’t want into a relationship. He’s not that kind of person,” Justin now got up from the bed.

 

“And you think people don’t change in ten years?” Alex straightened his back and looked at Justin with a very hostile stare before grabbing a clean, dark blue t-shirt.

 

“Not him. People here talk about him,” Justin shook his head.

 

“So you believe total strangers over your boyfriend for five years?” Alex roughly pulled the shirt on and patted his pockets. “Where the hell is my wallet?”

 

“It’s on the night stand,” Justin did everything not to start yelling at the man.

 

“And what about you?” Alex went to get his wallet and pushed it into his left pocket before taking his phone too, slipping it into the right one.

 

“What about me?” Justin asked confused.

 

“Since when do you go out clubbing until five in the morning? You’re not a party boy. Never have been. And when do you not check your phone for a whole day? You know I call you at least once a day when we’re apart and suddenly you’re not reachable? You don’t come home, you don’t tell me what you’ve been up to. You don’t even tell me what you’ve done with Brian. You even let him treat me like a scumbag and just stand there watching!” Alex bellowed.

 

“I.. I just...” Justin tried to say something but those things were true. He knew it.

 

“Save it. If you can’t come up with a reasonable lie, it ain’t worth it,” Alex shook his head and looked at his boyfriend. Then he turned around and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

 

Justin closed his eyes and leaned back against a closet door, sighing loudly. He was sure Alex was just stressed because of this whole situation and it was making him seeing things. Things would get better for sure when he just gave some time to the man and when he finally got Brian to sign the divorce papers.

 

*

 

Justin had one serious head ache but he didn’t let it be in his way. He had already popped a couple of painkillers and they should start working any minute now. So he endured it as he slammed his hand loudly against the metal door three times and yelled Brian, then he repeated it a couple of times.

 

The door opened. “What’s the matter with you? Trying to break down my door or something?” Brian asked confused as Justin pushed Brian out of the way so he could get in.

 

“What is wrong with you?!” Justin started yelling.

 

“Well, we could argue about that all night long but I think we’d save time if you would just get to the point,” Brian closed the door.

 

“Alex is mad at me because of you. You should just sign the papers and get over yourself. We don’t really know each other anyway. Why is it so damn hard for you to write your name on one paper?” Justin put his hands on his hips.

 

“I’ve told you, I don’t like the guy. He is not good for you,” Brian explained like it was the easiest thing in the world.

 

“Not good for me? You don’t know anything about us. You have no right to accuse things like that,” Justin pointed his finger at Brian’s chest.

 

“Why did you dye your hair brown for so long when you didn’t like it?” Brian asked his voice suddenly irritated.

 

“It’s just hair!” Justin grunted, not liking this. What did his hair have to do with anything?

 

“Why do you keep the wedding ring I bought you on your necklace?” it was Brian’s turn to point at Justin’s chest.

 

“Because I like it. I can’t wear it so I decided to put it on a chain,” Justin said like it was self-explanatory.

 

“And lied about it to Alex,” Brian continued, pointing out the fact that Justin had lied about it for years.

 

“He would never understand,” Justin said angrily, already done with the conversation.

 

“Why do you work as a waiter?” Brian asked letting the matter of the ring go.

 

“To get money so I can buy food and keep a roof over my head,” Justin grunted with a voice that told Brian he was asking stupid questions.

 

“Why don’t you paint anymore?” Brian was eager to hear the answer from Justin’s mouth. But it didn’t come. The blond stayed quiet and looked at his husband so Brian asked again. “Why don’t you paint anymore?”

 

“Shut up,” Justin whispered. His heart was beating fast in his chest and suddenly he felt like he was out of breath. It beat so strongly that the blond could hear it in his ears. A sudden adrenaline rush run down his arms, making everything sting with small pain. He felt like he had just jumped off a cliff. He had never thought about this question. He had never allowed himself to. He knew he didn’t have any kind of answer, not even a lie to that question.

 

“You don’t paint because Alex doesn’t want you to. Because Alex doesn’t give a crap about pictures on walls. You dropped all your dreams because Alex told you to. And for what? What did you get in return? A job as a waiter?” Brian knew. He knew why Justin wasn’t a world known artist. He knew Alex thought only of himself and there really wasn’t room for the real Justin in his life. Only for the Justin who Alex wanted him to be. “So say it.”

 

Justin shook his head but didn’t turn his head away.

 

“Say it, say I don’t paint anymore because…” Brian waited Justin to say it.

 

Justin stayed quiet and kept staring at the hazel eyes. He felt his eyes get stingy and told it was only because he wasn’t blinking. He took a couple of deep breaths. “I don’t paint because Alex forced me to stop,” he whispered very quietly.

 

Brian had every intention to say told you so but when he heard the blond’s voice and saw his face, he couldn’t. Instead he found himself feeling for the man. “Yeah he did,” he sighed finally

 

And after that everything fell silent. They could hear the cars driving by the building. The clock on the wall ticking. Water drops dripping from the tap in the kitchen. Time ticked by for what felt like an eternity. Then Brian took a step closer and grabbed Justin’s upper arm. He pulled the blond to the sofa and made him sit down. He went to his work desk and pulled out some paper and a pencil. Then he walked back to Justin, taking a magazine with him on the way. He placed the paper on the magazine before giving all the items to Justin.

 

“Draw,” he commanded.

 

Justin was forced to take the pencil and the paper and found himself staring at the blank, clean surface of the white paper.

 

“Draw,” Brian echoed.

 

“What?” Justin looked up.

 

“Me, you’re going to draw me,” Brian dragged a chair closer. He pushed the coffee table aside before moving the chair in front of Justin and sat on it.

 

Justin squeezed the pen in his hand and looked at Brian. He swallowed loudly and moved his eyes to the paper again. Brian stared at him so intensely it was overwhelming. But then he pushed the tip of the pen against the paper and he never knew his whole world could explode like this. All the feelings came back. He remembered why he started painting in the first place. Why he chose to be an artist. Why he loved spending twelve hours straight in front of a canvas. He also felt the pain and the sting in his heart when Alex said he couldn’t paint anymore. When he spoke all the mean things about Justin’s profession. So he started drawing and he didn’t stop until his wrist hurt. The mind blowing state took over his body and he fell into a zone.

 

Brian looked at the change in Justin’s whole body. He saw the same Justin he had seen at that art show where he had proposed. The one who was devastated if he couldn’t paint in the States. The blond who was so proud of his work and was sure he would someday have millions because of his talent.

 

This was what Brian wanted to see.

 

Chapter 11 by Teinisydan

 

The floor was full of paper. So was the bed, the night stand and the table. Justin didn’t care about the money. He didn’t care how much he had spent on the quality paper and quality pens. He had to draw. He couldn’t stop. He had pushed his urge to draw so deep down inside he had almost forgotten what it felt like to transfer a picture from his head to actual paper. His inspiration was enormous. It felt like he couldn’t draw as fast as he wanted to. His brain was already coming up with a new idea when he was half way done with the current. When one drawing was finished, he ripped it off from the sketch book and threw it, not caring where it landed. All that mattered was that he wouldn’t have to stop.

 

Justin was so concentrated in his own world that when his phone started ringing, it made the blond startle so hard he drew an extra line on the paper. He lifted his head up and saw light coming through the papers on the night stand. Pushing the papers off the table on the floor he saw his cell phone and Alex’s name on it.

 

“What’s up?” Justin put the phone between his shoulder and his ear and kept drawing.

 

“I’m in Pittsburgh,” Alex said with cheery voice.

 

“You’re what?” Justin raised his head and nearly dropped the phone but caught it just in time and pressed it back against his ear.

 

“I know I was supposed to come on later flight but I found a cheaper one. I didn’t have time to call you before I got on the plane so I’m calling you now,” Alex said.

 

“And when will I see you,” Justin swallowed loudly, looking around the messy room from the bed.

 

“In ten minutes. I thought we could go grab something to eat. I’m starving,” Justin heard Alex’s voice as he got up.

 

“Aha,” the blond started panicking. He had to get rid of all the drawings before Alex saw them. “Great news but I got to go, someone’s on the door. Bye!” Justin quickly hung up and dropped the phone on the bed. He jumped up and started to collect the papers into his lap. He pushed some into drawers. They were empty so Alex wouldn’t look there for any reason. He pushed some into his suitcase under his clothes he still had there. He hid them under the bed and the rest he collected into a messy pile. Justin took the pile into his hands and pushed his head into the hall, looking in both directions. He was very happy to see a cleaning lady.

 

“Hi,” he run to the woman. “Here, throw them away or keep them. I don’t care. Just don’t show them to anyone here,” Justin smiled, pushed the pile into the confused woman’s arms and run back to his room.

 

Justin sighed from relief as the room looked somewhat normal. Then he noticed he had forgotten his pens on the bed. He grunted and pushed them under the bed too just in time as he heard a knock on the door.

 

Justin took hurried steps to the door and looked through the peephole. Yep, there stood Alex in his biker jacket. He opened the door and smiled, trying to contain his breathing. All the running and the adrenaline had raised his pulse to at least 200.

 

“Hey you,” Justin smiled and let Alex hug him.

 

“Hi, I missed you,” Alex said into Justin’s neck.

 

“You too,” Justin said as always when Alex said he missed him.

 

Justin walked back in the middle of their hotel room and let Alex drag his small black suitcase to the bed. But that was when he saw one drawing next to the bed, on the floor. The blond started to curse in his mind.

 

“So do you have any restaurant in your mind?” Alex looked at Justin just standing there.

 

“Um, no,” Justin shook his head and glanced at the paper. “But you should wash your hands. Airplane germs and all,” he pointed out.

 

Alex didn’t think twice about it and made his way to the bathroom. In the meanwhile Justin run to the paper and started to open the window. He pulled it up and threw the drawing out before slamming the window down and turning around again, just in time as Alex exited the bathroom.

 

“So, shall we go?” Justin smiled and went to the door.

 

*

 

Justin’s brain felt fuzzy. It was full of beautiful sounds and lights. All he cared about was dancing. He was only slightly aware that there were other people and occasionally they touched him, trying to get his attention. But Justin only had eyes for Brian. Brian was the only person he was willing to give attention to. He was the only person Justin wanted to dance with and the only person Justin trusted.

 

When strong arms wrapped around him, Justin didn’t have to open his eyes to recognize them as Brian’s. He had danced with the man so many times by now. A forehead touched his, making Justin open his eyes. He smiled a little lopsided smile at Brian and wrapped his arms tightly around his neck. Dancing became hard, but he didn’t care. He was having fun.

 

“It’s after two,” Brian yelled over the music.

 

“I don’t care,” Justin shook his head.

 

“We should head home,” Brian ignored Justin’s words.

 

“We should get a drink,” Justin slurred heavily.

 

Brian shook his head and started taking steps backwards while keeping his hold of the hyperactive blond. “You’ve had enough. We both have had enough,” Brian pressed his face next to Justin so he would hear him more clearly.

 

Justin didn’t have strength in his body as Brian pulled him out of Babylon, into the alley. They took their time, walking to the road and got a cab. Brian pushed Justin in first and got in after words. He gave his address to the driver and then felt Justin lean on him.

 

“I love Pittsburgh. You have Babylon. We don’t have a Babylon in Denver. We have a Devil’s Nest that is literally a devil’s nest. There are a lot of these annoying little teenagers who think so much of themselves. They get half naked, thinking they have good bodies but really they just look like these scrawny little twelve-year-olds. You have real men here. Those that you actually want to see naked,” Justin babbled on.

 

Brian didn’t really understand every word since Justin was slurring and he was trying to keep an eye on where they were so they wouldn’t end up somewhere where they weren’t supposed to be.

 

“And sometimes my mom would visit me and she would want to go too. I mean, can you imagine it, going clubbing with your own mother,” Justin tilted his head and looked at the brunet.

 

Brian furrowed his brows. Where they still talking about Babylon and what was it’s name in Denver? Brian decided to shake his head and luckily that seemed to satisfy the blond.

 

They arrived at the loft and Brian paid for their ride. When they got out of the car and it drove away, Justin looked around confused. “I was supposed to get off at my hotel. Where did it go?”

 

“Forget the hotel,” Brian waved his hand at the blond.

 

“But Alex is waiting for me,” Justin was unsteady on his feet as Brian let go of him and went to open the door.

 

“He’s asleep,” Brian rolled his eyes, not in the mood to hear that guy’s name. “He won’t notice a thing.”

 

“If you say so,” Justin shrugged and swayed after Brian who managed to open the door.

 

Justin giggled in the elevator when it started climbing upwards. The movement made him lose his balance and he fell against the wall. Brian chuckled too and pulled him upwards. They managed to get inside the loft while Justin leaned against Brian’s back and babbled something into the man’s t-shirt.

 

“Come on,” Brian tugged on the front of Justin’s white t-shirt. “Time for bed.”

 

“Where is it?” Justin asked, furrowing his brows.

 

“There,” Brian pointed towards the bedroom while walking there.

 

Justin followed, almost falling in the stairs so Brian had to once again keep him from landing on his face. Then Brian took off his shirt and pulled Justin closer so he could take off his shirt too. Brian saw the long chain around the blond’s neck and the ring that dangled from it. The color matched perfectly with the pale skin.

 

Justin stopped and stared at Brian, swallowing loudly. They were standing so close that Justin felt the heat radiating from the taller man’s body. His eyes slowly lowered to the man’s chest and suddenly his mouth was really dry.

 

“You have a really beautiful body,” Justin whispered, raising his hand and setting it down on Brian’s bare chest. It felt warm under his hand and everything suddenly seemed like they were out of control.

 

“I know,” Brian grinned a little and felt the other hand on his chest too. They moved down slowly, until they touched his abs. Justin was breathing quickly and then the blue peepers looked up at him. And those parted, plump lips looked so good, so inviting.

 

Brian lowered his head and slowly pressed his lips against Justin’s like testing it, seeing what Justin would do. But the blond didn’t pull away. He was still, waiting for Brian to move on, anticipating to feel those lips against his own. Noses pressed against each other, breaths mixed. Brian felt euphoric as he kissed his husband. He had kissed the blond before but not in this context. This context was good. Brian liked it.

 

Justin was not sure whether he understood what was happening or not. All he knew was that Brian made him feel things he had never experienced before. His brain felt all sorts of fuzzy. These feelings were exciting and new and it turned him on. He hummed against Brian’s lips and then there were determined hands on his pants. His pants got looser around the waist and then they were around his ankles. Justin kicked them off and somehow Brian’s pants disappeared too. He didn’t notice when they got off. Then the strong hands were on his hips and they moved him over to the bed.

 

Justin fell on his back in the middle of the soft mattress, the need to feel Brian on top of him grew larger. He spread his legs, pulled the brunet closer and finally felt the weight on top of him. And then he was kissing like there was no tomorrow. No more gentle, shy kisses. Brian’s lips were better than the alcohol he had consumed tonight, better than whatever it was Brian made him smoke.

 

Justin felt a pair of warm hands between them and he knew Brian was putting on a condom. His heart started to beat faster as he waited for what was about to happen. The blond lifted his legs over Brian’s hips and slowly, so slowly, Brian pushed inside. Justin dropped his head on the pillow. He hadn’t even noticed he had lifted it up. The stretch pinched a little. It had been a while since the last time with Alex on the other side of the country most of the time. But Brian was gentle and careful and more than Justin could ever hope for. The brunet slowly pushed inside and then he stopped to wait until Justin was ready. The blond squeezed Brian’s hips with his thighs and wished the man on top of him would move already.

 

And that was all Justin remembered. The next thing Justin knew, he woke up when a ray of sunshine hit his face. He quickly sat up, looking around, trying to understand where he was. Everything was hazy and weird. He saw the dark blue sheets and when he lifted his hand over his eyes to block the sun, he saw a familiar living room. That’s when he knew where he was and that made him look to his right.

 

Justin held in a groan as he saw Brian sleeping. The man didn’t have the cover fully on so he could see the brunet’s naked body. Justin lifted his hands to his face and rubbed hard, feeling the regret surge to surface.

 

The hungover feeling told him to run to the bathroom but the regret told him to grab his clothes and run. The regret won and Justin got up from the bed, dipping the mattress so that Brian woke up. Justin decided he’d rather throw up in the middle of the street than stay where he was.

 

“Justin,” Brian mumbled and reached his hand to the other side of the bed but he only felt warm sheets, no warm body.

 

Justin didn’t answer. Instead, he pulled on his jeans, not bothering with the zipper nor the button and yanked on his white t-shirt inside out.

 

“Justin,” this time Brian opened his eyes.

 

“I have to go,” Justin mumbled and looked as Brian sat up and rubbed his right eye with his palm.

 

Brian sighed and watched the blond. His eyes hit the ring even though it wasn’t very visible against the white t-shirt. He knew Justin always made sure it was under his shirt but this time, it was hanging out in the open. Brian nodded, understanding where the blond was coming from. “If it matters at all, I don’t regret it,” he said.

 

Justin rolled his lips into his mouth but didn’t say anything. Then he turned and walked out.

 

 

Chapter 12 by Teinisydan

 

Justin turned the key in the lock and quietly opened the door to his hotel room. He wished Alex had gone somewhere or at least was still asleep. Sometimes he did sleep late because he worked late. But the odds weren’t in his favor. Alex stood there, fully clothed, next to the bed.

 

“Where have you been?” was the first words Alex said and Justin didn’t like the tone.

 

“Babylon,” Justin answered quietly as he pushed the door closed. He was feeling sick and all he wanted to do was fall on the bathroom floor.

 

“It’s 9am,” Alex’s tone was angry. “In the morning if you didn’t notice.”

 

Justin bit the insides of his cheeks and felt the shame. “I shared a cab with Brian and I was really drunk. I didn’t notice we didn’t come here until we were already at Brian’s and he offered his couch. I thought it would be wise to take it,” Justin put his keys down on a table and twisted his fingers. He didn’t really want to look at Alex but he forced himself to. If he looked away, Alex might get suspicious.  

 

“Let it be the last time you do this. This can’t go on. You can’t go around having fun all night and come back whenever you feel like it,” Alex almost yelled but still the volume was hurting Justin’s eardrums and he fought the urge to cover his ears.

 

Justin nodded. “I promise. Let me just grab a shower and we can get some breakfast,” the blond started to go to the bathroom but Alex hurried past him and Justin held his breath as he came close.

 

“Let me just grab someth…” Alex started to say but as he passed his boyfriend, he turned back around and sniffed.

 

Justin watched him furrow his brows and knew he was caught. His heart started to beat faster as fear took over his body.

 

Alex squeezed the handle of the bathroom door and stared at Justin. “Did you sleep with him?” he asked and Justin knew from experience when Alex’s voice got quiet, he was extremely angry.

 

“Alex,” Justin tried to say with a voice that would give the other man a hunch nothing had happened.

 

“Did you two fuck?” and again Alex raised his voice and this time Justin was forced to cover his ears but only for a second.

 

Justin bit his lips and looked miserable. “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to,” he shook his head.  

 

Alex drew in breath and looked at the blond. “You know that is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard.”

 

“But we were drunk. I was drunk and I didn’t really know what I was doing,” Justin tried but Alex slammed the bathroom door closed so hard Justin jumped.

 

“You always know what you’re doing. No matter how drunk you are,” Alex walked past Justin again.

 

“I’m sorry,” Justin’s voice shook and he felt pressure behind his eyes.

 

“We came… You came here to get a divorce. Do you even know what that is?” Alex yelled.

 

Justin didn’t know what to say. He knew no matter what he said, nothing would make things better.

 

“Should I look it up for you or something? It means you get rid of the other person, not fucking!” Alex yelled so loud the tears finally started falling from the corners of Justin’s eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I really am. It shouldn’t have happened and I feel horrible,” Justin tried and came closer but Alex held his hand up.

 

“Don’t come any closer. You reek,” he warned before going to the closet and grabbing his small, black suitcase.

 

“Alex, what are you doing?” Justin said, his heart climbing up to his throat. He watched as Alex threw the suitcase on the bed and it bounced a little.

 

“What does it look like?” The other man yelled. He put two of his shirts, he had taken out of it back into the suitcase and zipped it up. He didn’t bother with his toiletries.

 

“Alex, don’t leave. Let’s figure this out,” Justin begged and tried to pull the suitcase away from the man.

 

“You’ve had this whole summer to figure this out. Times out,” Alex yanked the suitcase from the blond and marched to the door, pushing it open.

 

“Alex, don’t go,” Justin ran after him but Alex turned in the hallway and pointed his finger at the blond.

 

Don’t follow me. Don’t come back to Denver. Don’t call me. Don’t try to contact me in any way. We’re through,” Alex said before turning back around and walking down the hall.

 

Justin gasped air into his lungs and felt tears come down his face. His eyes got blurry as he watched Alex’s retreating back until it disappeared behind a corner. Then he started feeling dizzy, swaying a little bit and eventually he leaned his back against the door, closing it. The blond slid down on the floor not noticing that the keys were inside the hotel room.

 

*

 

“No you can’t!” Brian suddenly heard Cynthia’s voice. He furrowed his brows and looked up from his computer. The door opened and if Brian didn’t lie to himself, he was not really surprised to see Alex at the door.

 

“Thank you Cynthia,” Brian got up from his chair and walked around his desk. “I’ll handle this from here.”

 

Cynthia looked pointedly at Brian and the man nodded to make sure she knew it was fine. She backed away and closed the door.

 

“I can’t believe you! What the fuck where you thinking?” Alex yelled furiously.

 

Brian found it rather amusing how the man’s face was becoming red. “That he was hot,” he chuckled. “Phew, the lad’s talented. Remind me to ask him from who he learned all those moves,” Brian said because he knew that would make Alex even angrier.

 

“How dare you?! He is my boyfriend. Don’t you have any kind of common sense? You don’t go around fucking other people’s partners!” Alex seemed like he was one tick away from temper tantrum.

 

But at that point Brian took a step closer looking very dominant over Alex. “And Justin is my husband.” Then the man let his body relax a little again. “Besides, you should ask your boyfriend why does he enjoy being in my bed more than the one you two have at home… Or at the hotel,” he smiled a little. Then he walked back around his table and sat down in his very comfortable and expensive leather chair. He pressed a button on his phone, on the table. “Cynthia, dear, Mr. Wilson needs an escort to find his way out of the building. Would you please fetch Bill?”

 

“Gladly,” came Cynthia’s voice from the intercom.

 

“Just sign the goddamn papers and let us be. Let Justin be happy,” Alex asked. “I won’t ask anything else from you.”

 

“It was nice to see you again Alex, but I have work to do,” Brian ignored Alex, waving his hand at him and picked up the phone before tapping the buttons. He heard Alex groan out loud before the door slammed and then it became quiet.

 

Brian had noticed the suitcase the other man had been dragging. He put his fingers into a fist and pressed them against his lips thinking. Was Justin okay? He knew Alex should have stayed till Friday night and it was Thursday now.

 

The brunet pulled out his cellphone and searched for Justin’s number. When he found it, he hovered his thumb over it, hesitating. Should he call? Justin had not been happy when he left his bed this morning and obviously he had fought with Alex. Maybe it would be best to give him time.

 

But just as he was about to put the phone away, it started buzzing. Justin’s name appeared on the screen. Brian bit his lower lip. Justin would definitely not call to ask him for lunch or something. This wouldn’t be a pleasant call. But he had to answer. He was sure Justin was upset and he just couldn’t do it to the blond.

 

“Justin?” Brian pressed a button and put the phone against his ear. But all he heard were just sounds of crying and ragged breathing.

 

“Justin, you there?” Brian asked gently, trying not to get alarmed.

 

“I want a divorce,” came a weak sound from the other end of the line.

 

Brian sighed. He really didn’t want to do this. He really didn’t even have to do this. But Justin was so upset and clearly not in his right mind. He drew in his breath and answered “no.” Brian leaned back in his chair.

 

“You serious? How big of an asshole are you?” this time it seemed that Justin had found his voice since Brian has to pull the phone away from his ear.

 

“That was your second time. As I said, you have to ask three times and I’ll say yes,” Brian tried to keep his voice calm. He didn’t want to fight and make the blond feel even more miserable.

 

It was quiet after that. Brian could only hear Justin’s ragged breathing through the phone. He stared at the clock on his wall and watched as a little over one minute passed and then the line went dead. He heard the steady beeping coming from the phone before lowering it and pressing a button. The brunet placed the phone on the desk and leaned his head against his chair. The only noises that could be heard were the heels of Cynthia’s shoes as he walked on the other side of the door and the distant sound of a siren from the car passing the building.

 

Chapter 13 by Teinisydan

 

A week passed and Brian didn’t hear anything from Justin. He knew the blond’s summer vacation was about to end or maybe it already had. Maybe Justin had gone back to Denver, to his life, to his job. But without saying anything to Brian? Brian didn’t feel like Justin would do that.

 

There were so many times when Brian thought about calling his husband. He even had the phone in his hand several times and he stared at Justin’s number. All he had to do was press a button and put the phone against his ear but he never did.

 

So he went on with his life. He went to work, came home, ate and went out to have some fun. You know, the normal. Then one night he sat on the sofa with a beer in his hand and went through the stack of magazines on his coffee table. He tried to do anything to forget. Something so he wouldn’t call the blond. He tried his all so he wouldn’t go knocking on his door. Brian pushed aside the magazines on top of the pile and came across one of Justin’s drawings from the night he had forced the man to draw.

 

Brian took it and leaned back against the sofa, staring at his own body from the paper. Then he drank his beer while staring at it in silence.

 

*

 

It was late. It was past 1am on a Monday morning. Brian had just brushed his teeth and was turning off the lights so he could go to bed and get some sleep. But he only managed to turn off the lights from the living room when he heard banging. The banging clearly came from his door. It wasn’t like a knocking. Knocking was a steady rhythm. This wasn’t.

 

Brian rubbed his eyes and wondered what the hell was going on now. He went to his door and unlocked it, yanking it open. The second he opened it, a blond mess fell into his arms, literally. Brian couldn’t help as his arms automatically game up to catch Justin. The man mumbled something uncoherent, Brian had no idea what. Then he took in Justin condition.

 

The blond reeked of alcohol. He clearly hadn’t showered lately. Justin wasn’t really dirty but you could tell it has been two or three days when the blond had last showered. He was drunk, really drunk. So drunk he had trouble standing on his own. Brian helped him on his legs and Justin leaned against the door before focusing his eyes on Brian.

 

“Hate you!” Justin exclaimed angrily.

 

Brian’s brows shot up. He hadn’t really expected this. He knew the blond wasn’t happy with him, but not this. “Is that so?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” Justin nodded. “I should just force you to sign the papers and get it over with,” he slurred as he spoke.

 

Brian nodded, smiling a little, not denying it.

 

“But instead I let you waltz around stupidly hot and…” Justin waved his right hand while steading himself with the left. “And, and you’re really not that smart either and you’ve got stupid hair and I hate you. You think you’re smarter than me! You smoke pot for Christ sake! That’ll kill you. But not tomorrow. I need you to sign the divorce papers before you die because I don’t want to be a widow. That’s just stupid. And you wear those ridiculous fashion clothes that don’t even look good on you. You look fugly in the long Armani jacket. I don’t want to fuck you every time I see you in it. Nope,” Justin shook his head. “Not at all. I don’t want you because you’re so stupid and ugly and,” at this point Justin took a wobbly step forward and Brian put his hands out ready to catch him.

 

“I hate you,” The blond fell back against Brian and looked up. “I hate you!”

 

Brian looked down at him and saw clear eyes turn red. The lower lip shook and he saw hurt in those sky blue eyes.

 

“I hate you,” Justin repeated and got on his toes.

 

Then suddenly Brian felt lips against his and arms come around his neck. It was probably the worst kiss Brian had ever experienced but he didn’t care. He wrapped his arms around the smaller man and pulled him against himself, helping him stand. The kiss was sloppy and when it turned wet Brian knew it wasn’t saliva. He kissed the man back, closing his eyes. The lips felt good, even if it was a drunken kiss or a mess was more like it.

 

Then Justin pulled from the kiss and buried his face into Brian’s neck. Brian felt his neck become wet but he didn’t care.

 

“You broke me,” he heard Justin mumble. “You broke me,” he repeated. “I was perfectly happy with Alex until you came and pointed out all the things that are wrong with him,” he cried. “I could have lived a perfectly happy life with him before you came and ruined it.”

 

Brian rubbed Justin’s back and sighed. “You were never happy with Alex. You will never be happy with him.”

 

Justin was quiet for a moment before he sniffed. “I know,” he admitted with a shaky voice.

 

Then a few quiet moments went by and slowly Justin somehow got heavier in Brian’s arms. The brunet looked down at the man and wrapped his arms tighter around the blond. “Justin?” Brian asked but then his body went limp and Brian had to really hold him up. “Justin?” he panicked for a second before he heard the deep breaths.

 

Justin had passed out in his arms.

 

Brian groaned and struggled to get the man in his arms. He wrapped one hand under Justin’s arm and quickly moved the other hand to his legs. Then Brian lifted him up into his arms and walked to the bedroom. He placed the sleeping blond on the mattress and let out a deep breath. He looked down at the blond who was lying in an awkward position in his bed. Then Brian proceeded to take off Justin’s shoes and put him into more comfortable position. He didn’t even try to get the man out of his clothes. But he still covered his legs with the cover. He didn’t want Justin to overheat.

 

After that episode, Brian went to turn off the rest of the lights and got in bed next to Justin. He laid down on his side and looked at the blond. He didn’t want to think what would happen the next morning. Whatever happened when Justin would wake up, they would deal with it then. Until then, Brian wanted to sleep. He would sleep as long as he wanted and get late to work tomorrow, if he even decided to go at all.

 

*

 

Brian woke up in the middle of the night as the mattress dipped rather hard. It shook his body and he flashed his eyes open only to realize there was someone running in his bedroom. The brunet lifted his head and looked around all groggy. Then he heard the familiar sound as someone lift up the toilet lid, smacking it against the porcelain. And that was followed by the sound of someone puking.

 

Right. Justin. Justin was in the loft.

 

Brian threw the cover off and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He got up and patted to the bathroom, rubbing his right eye with the heel of his palm. There was a blond on his bathroom floor, on his knees. The man hung his head over Brian’s toilet for a moment before flushing the toilet. Then he sat back on his ass on the white tile floor.

 

Brian licked his lips as he watched Justin cover his face with his hands and lean against his knees. Brian rubbed his own face and knew he had to do some soulful talking. He hated serious talks. “You okay?”

 

Justin just buried his head deeper between his knees.

 

Brian walked closer and sat down next to the man. He gently rubbed the blond’s back.

 

“My life’s a mess,” Justin mumbled and Brian winced as he heard the shaking voice. Shaking voice always meant tears.

 

“Nah, it’s not so bad. It’s just a little bit of a fixer upper. Everything feels like the end of the world when you’re hung over,” Brian tried to make things look a little lighter.

 

Justin shook his head. “Alex broke up with me,” and just then the tears really spilled.

 

Brian raised his brows at that sentence. He had not expected to hear that. Not from what Alex had said at his office. He knew Justin and Alex were not meant to be but that they would break up so suddenly without a warning, he didn’t see that coming.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Brian said as he had no idea what else to say. People did say sorry in moments like these, didn’t they?

 

“What the fuck am I going to do? I can’t go home, I can’t stay here,” Brian felt the back shake under.

 

“We’ll figure it out but in the meanwhile, you can stay here,” the older man offered and took his hand off.

 

Justin turned his head and Brian saw the teary eyes. He shook his head and first he was quiet but then he spoke. “I want a divorce.”

 

Brian parted his lips a little. This night was definitely full of surprises. This was the third time Justin was asking for it. He had told he would sign the papers if Justin asked three times. Brian rolled his lips into his mouth and nodded his head a little. What other choice did he have?

 

“Good,” Justin said quietly. Almost so quiet Brian didn’t hear it. Then Justin buried his face back into his hands and Brian looked away. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly and felt like everything was over.

 

 

End Notes:

 

One more chapter to go guys. Will they get a divorce or will they not? Ah the suspense :D.

 

Chapter 14 and Epilogue by Teinisydan
Author's Notes:

 

This chapter continues hours later, where we left off in the last chapter.

 

 

Justin woke up in Brian’s warm bed. He run his palm up his face and through his hair, sighing. The sheets rustled on his right and the blond glanced at his side to see Brian awake. Justin pushed the sheets down his chest as he felt a little overheated.

 

“Morning,” Brian said with a quiet voice.

 

“Mhmm,” Justin hummed a little.

 

“So, I guess you can get your lawyer to draw up the divorce papers,” Brian turned his head and looked at Justin.

 

The blond nodded and stared at the white roof while Brian sat up. But Brian didn’t have to sit long when he suddenly felt a hand on his upper arm. He turned to see what Justin wanted and felt him gently tuck him down.

 

“Probably tomorrow,” Justin whispered and slipped his hand behind Brian’s neck. He pulled the brunet closer and then their lips met. Brian gave him a gentle kiss before pulling back a little.

 

“Justin, you just broke up with who you thought was the love of your life,” Brian rolled his lips into his mouth and looked into those clear, sky blue eyes.

 

“We were drunk the last time. I don’t really recall everything about that night. I’ve also heard that you’re one amazing fuck and I’m determined to experience that. We are, after all, still married,” Justin moved his hand to touch Brian’s cheek and rubbed his thumb against the rough, unshaved chin.

 

Brian huffed a little and smiled. Then he leaned back down and captured Justin’s lips into a gentle kiss. He felt Justin’s hand on his side and that was his sign to let more of his body lay down on top of the blond. But Justin pushed the brunet on his back and laid down on top of him. Brian understood clearly that Justin wanted to drive.

 

They kept kissing while Justin pushed the covers away from between them. Brian let his fingertips gently glide up and down the smooth, velvety skin feeling the heat radiating from the smaller body. Justin on the other hand, decided to dive a little and left a trail of pecks from Brian’s cheek to under his chin, over the Adam’s apple and all over the chest. Brian dared to press his hand against the blond’s back as the man kissed Brian’s left nipple. That left a nice tingling sensation running through Brian’s body.

 

But Brian didn’t want that, he wanted kisses. “Come here,” he said and looked as Justin lifted his head up. The blond looked at him for a couple of seconds before moving back up and kissing his husband on the mouth. This time Brian felt a hand come over his boxers and fingers slip around his cock. Brian wrapped his arms around the blond to lock him in place and enjoyed as the fabric moved against his cock, making it wake up. It wasn’t a hard task considering it was a morning.

 

“You up for bottoming?” Brian asked just to be sure.

 

“Yeah,” Justin nodded and then Brian slid his hands down the blond’s sides to push the white underwear off. Justin helped him and finally kicked the little piece of clothing off the bed. Then he got on his knees and helped the older man out of his.

 

Brian reached for the night stand and took out a condom and a tube of lube from the top drawer. Justin found his way on top of Brian again and gave a couple gentle kisses to the man’s cheek.

 

Brian opened the lube, taking some of the contents on his fingers. He warmed it up a little before feeling his way down Justin’s back to his irresistible bubble but. The small sounds Justin let out as Brian’s fingertip found his hole sounded heaven in Brian’s ear. Brian slowly slipped on finger in and immediately Justin started to move his hips against Brian’s hand. It also meant the blond rubbed his cock against the brunet’s and it didn’t take long for Brian to get fully hard.

 

“Two fingers, Brian,” Justin moaned and stilled his hips for a second so the man could slip in another finger next to the first one. “Mmh, so good.”

 

Brian felt Justin’s hot breath against his skin and lifted his head so he could kiss the pale shoulder while Justin dropped his forehead on the pillow under Brian’s head.

 

“Fuck me,” finally came the command even though there hadn’t been a lot of foreplay.

 

Brian grabbed the condom and opened the little foil packet. Justin got on his knees let Brian put it on as he took the lube and lubed Brian up. The blond moved over the cock and took a hold of it while lowering himself down.

 

Brian ate the sight with his eyes and bit his lower lip as the blond on top of him sat on his cock. The heat and the tightness was overwhelming. This was definitely a man who did not bottom as often as someone with an ass like that should. Justin leaned forward and placed his palm on the mattress next to Brian’s shoulders. He started with slow movements and looked down at his husband’s face to see what he was feeling. There was definitely an expression of desire in his brown eyes and those parted lips and the shallow breathing told the blond that he was definitely into this.

 

Brian moved up to his elbows and captured Justin’s lips into another kiss. After that they just stared into each other’s eyes as Justin moved up and down Brian’s cock with steady movements. No words were needed to say out loud. Eyes told them both everything they needed. It was not just some fuck, it was more than that. It was good, really good. And most of all, it did form an unspoken connection between those two men.

 

*

 

Justin lay all ten minutes in Brian’s huge platform bed before getting up and grabbing his clothes.

 

“Did you just use me?” Brian asked as he propped his head on his palm and looked at his last night’s sleeping buddy as he pulled on clothes.

 

“You’re probably used to it,” Justin didn’t look at the brunet laying on the messed up bed.

 

“Not really. I’m usually the one who uses others,” Brian shook his head. “But I guess I’m okay with this.”

 

Justin stopped and lifted his head to look at his husband. “Well, thank you for that. It was amazing,” he pulled on his jacket and checked that he still had his wallet and keys in his pockets.

 

Brian nodded and smiled a little.

 

“I’ll probably see you in a couple of days,” Justin cleared his throat a little and Brian nodded his head again.

 

“Text me the time and place and I’ll be there,” Brian told him.

 

Now it was Justin’s turn to nod. “Later.”

 

“Later.”

 

And with that Justin turned around, walking to the door and quietly slipped out.

 

*

 

The text came three days later, on a windy Thursday. Brian made his way to Justin’s lawyer after work. He left his brief case in the Vette and got out of the dark green car. The building was tall and the brunet looked up as he buttoned his suit jacket. Justin had told him something about fifth floor.

 

When Brian found the right room, the door was already open. He saw a balding man, maybe in his fifties in a grey suit, sitting behind a massive mahogany desk and Justin slumped into a chair on the other side.

 

“Hi, Anthony Smith,” the balding man got up and reached his hand over the table.

 

“Brian Kinney,” Brian took a firm handgrip and shook it before sitting down. He looked over at Justin who was fascinated with a pen in his hand. Definitely avoiding eye contact. “So, how does this work?” Brian turned his head back to Mr. Smith.

 

“You only need to sign these papers and we’re done,” Mr. Smith gave Brian some papers that were tied together by a paperclip. “Take your time and read it though.”

 

“That was quick,” Brian arched his brows as he looked at the first page.

 

“Yes, well, I heard your marriage is a special case,” Mr. Smith told.

 

“Mhm,” Brian hummed a little and started reading.

 

Justin still sat in his chair, moving the pen between his thumb and forefinger. He refused to look up. Brian was very aware of this. What had happened between Tuesday when they had fucked and now?

 

It took Brian a while to read everything but it seemed that everything was in order. They would just sign the papers and be on their own ways. Money wasn’t an issue because they had never lived together in any way and they did have a prenup.

 

Finally Brian lifted his head and nodded. “Sounds good.”

 

“Okay. If you would sign your name at the bottom of the last page,” Mr. Smith gave Brian a pen.

 

Brian took it and quickly wrote his name on the white paper before giving the pen back. Mr. Smith reached over the table and moved the paper in front of Justin, sliding it against the glossy surface.

 

“Here you go, Mr. Kinney,” Mr. Smith said.

 

Justin lifted his head and looked at the stack of papers in front of him. Brian observed him as he rolled his lips into his mouth and straightened his back. The blond looked miserable. There were dark areas under his blue eyes.

 

Justin clicked the pen a few times before lifting his hand up on the table. He balanced his wrist against the paper and pressed the tip over the neat, thin line that had the name Justin Kinney under it.

 

But he didn’t write his name.

 

“Justin?” Brian asked as he looked at the man that was still as a statue.

 

“I can’t do this,” the blond suddenly said very quietly.

 

Brian didn’t even have time to get confused before the blond got up, pushing the chair behind him back and storming out of the room.

 

Brian looked over at Mr. Smith who stared back, obviously as surprised as Brian was. Brian moved his eyes back on the divorce papers and looked at the small, blue dot on the paper. Yeah, he was not letting Justin leave without an explanation.

 

“Excuse me,” Brian said getting up.

 

“Of course,” Mr. Smith nodded and with that Brian hurried out of the building, hoping Justin hadn’t left all together.

 

It didn’t take a lot for Brian to find the blond since he was standing at the front steps, the wind messing up his blond locks. The brunet walked next to Justin on the top step and looked at him. “What’s up?”

 

Justin scrunched his nose up and looked away from Brian. So Brian stepped down one step and walked in front of the man. “Justin,” he touched Justin’s arm.

 

“I can’t do it,” Justin mumbled and pushed a few locks of hair away from his eyes but the wind blew them right back.

 

“Why not?” Brian tried to be careful just so Justin wouldn’t run again.

 

The blue eyes finally looked at the hazel ones. “Because you fucking made me fall in love with you,” he suddenly pushed Brian on his chest so that the brunet was forced to go down one step.

 

Brian opened his mouth but he didn’t have time to say anything.

 

“I came here with my partner,” Justin pointed at his own chest with his forefinger. “To divorce you! To get rid of you! Now I’m broken up with Alex, I can’t go home, I have literally nothing else than the clothes in my suitcase and a car. And on top of it I fucking love you! This was not how it was supposed to end!” the blond yelled. “I should be at Denver, back at work and planning my wedding. I should be fucking Alex, not you!” pushed Brian again on his chest.

 

Brian took a deep breath and looked at the blond. The way he saw it, Justin now had a better life. Alex was not good for him. Maybe now he could do what he really wanted with his life and maybe Brian could encourage him to do it. It just would take time to heal.

 

“You can stay at my place for as long as you need to. I’ll get you a job at Kinnetik. I’ll buy you everything you need…” Brian started but Justin cut him off.

 

“So now you want to be my sugar daddy?” Justin huffed.

 

“Hey, I am not that old, so watch your mouth,” Brian pointed at the blond and looked at him sternly. “I’m offering you a new start.”

 

“Here?” Justin asked mockingly.

 

“It may not be Washington or even Denver, but it’s the next best thing,” Brian said shortly.

 

“I just confessed I’m in love with you. I can’t live with you. It just…” Justin shook his head but then, suddenly, he was kissed. Brian pressed his closed lips against his and placed his hands on both sides of Justin’s head.

 

“Shut up you idiot,” Brian mumbled against Justin’s lips. “Can’t you see? You got a pot of gold right in front of you. Just fucking take it,” he took Justin’s upper lip between his.

 

It took about five seconds for Justin to answer. “Mhmm, okay,” he agreed and wrapped his arms around his husband.

 

Epilogue

 

Weeks later

 

Brian felt like he was waking up, but he couldn’t be sure since he was actually sleeping. Even though he wasn’t really conscious he could still tell something was happening. Something was happening to him. Something made his whole body move a little and then something touched his hand. More precisely, his fingers.

 

Brian opened one hazel colored eye that wasn’t pressed into the pillow and saw Justin sitting on the mattress next to him. He had a small, devious smile on his lips. Brian focused his eye to his hand and saw that the blond was slipping a ring on his finger. He also saw a familiar golden ring shining in the blond’s ring finger.

 

“Don’t tell me you have some weird finger fetish,” Brian closed his eye and tried not to smile.

 

Justin chuckled but didn’t answer. He just leaned closer and kissed his husband on the lips.

 

“How’d you find it anyway?” Brian asked, indicating to his own ring.

 

“Did I ever tell you I’m nosy?” Justin chuckled and pulled away. He laid down in front of Brian, cuddling up close.

 

“No, you forgot to mention that,” Brian finally opened his both eyes and looked at the blond accusingly.

 

Justin giggled. “Well you should have divorced me when you had the chance. There’s no way you’re going to get rid of me now.”

 

Brian grunted but suddenly wrapped his arm around to blond, pinning his hand to his side. He squeezed him tight so it was impossible for Justin to get away. “Oh, I can make you want a divorce,” Brian threatened.

 

Justin continued chuckling. “I doubt that.”

 

“I will annoy you until you do,” Brian pushed Justin on his back and moved on top of him, still pinning him down.

 

“Well, that’s interesting. How do you think you’re going to manage that?” Justin couldn’t help smiling and let his husband have his fun.

 

“I’m going to kiss you,” he kissed the warm, pale skin on Justin’s neck. “Bite you,” he took the earlobe between his teeth. Then Brian was quiet for way too many seconds and Justin wondered if the man had ran out of things to do and arched his brows. “I’m going to take off your underwear and prohibit you to wear them,” the brunet suddenly took his hands down and pushed Justin’s black boxers down.

 

Justin was giggling again as he helped Brian by using his legs to get his underwear off and finally kicking them on the floor. Brian settled back on top of now completely naked Justin.

 

“Then I’m going to tease those perky little nipples,” Brian run his thumb over Justin’s left nipple.

 

Justin hummed and smiled, liking where this was heading.

 

“Then I’m going to concentrate on these very attractive thighs of yours,” Brian run his hand all over Justin’s body until he reached Justin’s left thigh. He moved his hand slowly up and down, giving a couple of kisses on Justin’s cheek.

 

“And then, I’m going to slip between those thighs and tease you, until you beg me to take you,” Brian pushed Justin’s legs apart so his lower body dropped on the soft mattress.

 

“And make wild, passionate love to me?” Justin asked smiling.

 

“Mhh, I think a convenient fuck will do,” Brian looked a little nonchalant.

 

“Convenient fucks are not annoying. You wouldn’t reach your goal that way,” Justin pointed out.

 

“Hmm, you might be right,” Brian nodded, thinking about it.

 

“How about making sweet love to your husband? That would drive me nuts,” Justin hinted.

 

Brian bit his lip and looked down at Justin. “I could settle for making love.”

 

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s shoulders and gave him a peck on the lips. “Maybe you should get to it then,” the blond lifted his legs and wrapped them around Brian’s hips. “Preferably do all those annoying thing at once. I would totally start hating you.”

 

“You’re right. Better start right away,” Brian smiled and started his project divorce.

 

 

End Notes:

 

That’s it for this story :). Did I surprise you even a little bit? Well, whether or not I did I still want to thank you all for reading and a huge hug to those who were kind and left me a review. Each and every one of them mean so much to me. Thank you :).

 

This story archived at https://midnightwhispers.net/viewstory.php?sid=3995