Consequences of Deception by Galesgal
Summary:

An Au to the aftermath of the birthday in season 1 i don't really like it so i'm posting this to see if u'd like more and then i might finish it if u don't i'll delete it.


Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 710 Read: 1377 Published: September 24, 2016 Updated: September 24, 2016

1. Chapter 1 by Galesgal

Chapter 1 by Galesgal

>

Author’s Notes:  I saw this as a prompt earlier and I thought why not.   It may not be the way that the person wanted it, so I’ll just make the note here that it’s the answer to the prompt if someone wants to make it longer.  This is a one shot.   Nice and sweet, may be a bit on the long side but still a one shot so maybe it’s safe to call it a long shot.    Okay on with the story.

 

Consequences of Deception

Debbie Novotny couldn’t believe the night that she had had.     How could something as simple as a birthday party turn into a drunken fist fight, someone being outed, and then end of a friendship that had existed for over fifteen years.    Oh yea, she knew how two words Brian Kinney.   She spent most of the night hating him, cursing the day he was even born, and then it dawned on her, and now here she was trying to make sure her son was alright.

Brian didn’t have the time or patience for one Debbie Novotny.   When she buzzed up he started to not let her in the building, but this was Debbie how could one simply say no to her?   They couldn’t, so he began to chew the inside of his mouth, and waited patiently for the onslaught that he was about to have endure.

“Justin get your ass out here!” Deb shouted as she entered the loft. 

Brian busied himself at the breakfast bar.   He had been drinking all night, he was hoping that Justin could give him some of his grandma’s remedy to make him feel better.     Now that she was here to get him he was sure that wouldn’t be happening.    He continued to busy himself and hope to god she didn’t say anything to him.    He wasn’t in the mood, and the truth hurt, she needed to remember that.

“I think I found my drink last night.   All night and I’m not even hung over.” Justin smiled coming down the stairs.”

“That’s youth, hurry your ass up Deb doesn’t have all day.” Brian scolded.

“I need to brush my teeth.” Justin added heading towards the bathroom.

“He uses your toothbrush?” Debbie asked shocked.

“I have spares.” He told her as he began cracking eggs.

“That’s different, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you cook anything.” She tried to make small talk.

“Deb, what do you have to say?” he asked awaiting.

“I was mad at you last night.   I was so mad, I thought to myself, how could you do this?   Why would you do this?     Then I realized that you can never do anything half assed, you have to do everything so final.”

“Isn’t that what you wanted?    You wanted him to move on with David, he never would.   Not as long as he thought there was a chance.   I made it so he wouldn’t care if there was.”

“Consequences though, that poor girl Tracey never did a thing to you.”

“I never did a thing to her!    Michael has been leading her own this whole time, because he cares what they think of him down at the The Fucking Big Q, but he shouldn’t.    He should look them all in the eye, and say hey my name is Michael Novotny and I like taking it up the ass!” Brian shouted losing his temper.

“It’s not the same as you Brian.    Do you realize that, Michael went to community college, and you went to state.   You have an established career, and Michael is working at a chain store.    Your back account for the past three months is what he makes in the whole year, he doesn’t have the same options as you.”

“Don’t.    You keep talking about Tracey’s feelings, but you are not thinking about them.   It’s all about Michael’s hurt ego.   I didn’t tell her, I didn’t lie to her, that was on Vic and Michael.   You need to talk to him.   He’s been parading her around town as his girlfriend, and he was not even thinking of her feelings.   I put that girl outta her misery, I pulled the trigger.”

“What do you mean parading her around town?” she asked in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

This story archived at https://midnightwhispers.net/viewstory.php?sid=3682