Flight Plan B by Flossee
FeatureSummary:

stories/1226/images/Flight_Plan.jpg

Once Brian and Justin meet their heads are permanently in the clouds.


Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY, Alternate Universe, Anti-Michael, Brian/Justin, Drama, Humor, Jealousy Characters: Brian, Justin, Other Canon Characters
Challenges: None
Series: Come Fly with B
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 8068 Read: 28913 Published: October 26, 2013 Updated: November 04, 2013
Story Notes:

This is an AU as Brian and Justin meet in a very different way.  The whole fic takes place on flights between Pittsburgh and New York. 

Kudos to any flight attendant that may have uttered any of these words.

No Copyright infringement intended

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by Flossee

2. Chapter 2 by Flossee

3. Chapter 3 by Flossee

4. Chapter 4 by Flossee

5. Chapter 5 by Flossee

Chapter 1 by Flossee

Flight: Pittsburgh to New York

 

Brian enters the main cabin to take his seat in first class.  He stays in the club's lounge area as long as he possibly can while economy or cattle class, as he likes to call them, fight to lodge their bags in the overhead compartments.  He always travels light and the flight attendants are always willing to help him with his one small bag and then they courtesy hang his suit jacket in the forward situated cupboard for him.  He sits immediately and buckles his seat belt as the flight attendant completes these tasks.  He doesn't have to wait very long now for the flight to depart as he is the last passenger to board.  He has become an expert at timing his arrival, which allows him to use every available waiting minute productively.

 

He doesn't look up as the female flight attendant Anita, who greeted him at the door, positions herself to begin the safety spiel.  Anita and Brian have known each other for many years and they are friends as well as loosely described business associates.  Anita is Brian's supplier and she frequents his club, Babylon, regularly.   It's an arrangement that suits Brian, the club, and the other dealers; as it gives the other suppliers that work the club the chance to conduct business on the nights she isn't in Pittsburgh.  Thus, they are not consistently competing with Brian's favourite dealer.  As the mandatory safety announcement begins Brian's ears prick up.  A male voice, a person not normally on this flight and one Brian hadn't seen as he entered the plane, is making the announcement while the staff follow along with the appropriate actions. 

 

The announcement starts off like any other.  "Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven't already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin.  Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt and also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position."  Then the seemingly fun loving voice shares some humor.  "Passengers there may be fifty ways to leave your lover, but there are only four ways out of this aeroplane."  This seems to get the attention of Brian, along with the other passengers who are regular flyers that thought they didn't need to watch the demonstration.  "To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.  In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling.  Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face.  If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs.  If you are traveling with two small children, decide now which one you love more."

 

The whole plane bursts into laughter at the conclusion of the demonstration.  Brian's attempts to see the man who made the announcement fail, as he is obscured from his sight because the curtain between the galley part of the cabin and first class hadn't been secured correctly.  Unfortunately Brian will now have to wait even longer to see this person as the curtain has just been adjusted and pulled closed.  According to Brian, flight attendants are always up for a good time if he pays them the right amount of attention.  Just by listening to this funny, articulate and hopefully at least average looking man, he has deduced he is gay and fuckable; thus allowing his mind to wonder just how satisfying this flight could be.

 

He is pulled from his thoughts as Anita rushes passed his seat and goes directly through to attend to cattle class.  He ponders why, as she is the manager of the cabin crew and always dealt with first class only, unless there was a particular problem.  Brian turns to watch her rush down the aisle and as he straightens in his seat his face almost makes contact with the most beautiful sight he has ever seen.  Right in front of his face is a wiggling bubble butt which would have a person attached, however at this very moment that seems insignificant.   As the ass shook and rose up ever so slightly Brian closes his eyes.   There is no way he is ejaculating at the mere sight of what is in front of him.  So concentrating on anything else, apart from this butt made for pleasure, he opens his eyes and looks upwards.   That is another mistake, as the flight attendant who is trying to close the stubborn overhead locker directly above his seat, has a face which has the same effect as his ass, as it is also made for fucking.

 

The face.  Beautiful blue eyes, beautiful smile and a beautiful wide mouth.  Brian's reaction is one of his fall back pickup lines.  "Toilet; now."

 

"I'm sorry sir do you think you can hold it until we take off as we are taxiing right now."

 

"Oh, I can hold it alright, but I'd rather you did that."

 

"Sorry sir; I don't quite follow what you're saying."  The flight attendant knew exactly what Brian had implied.

 

Brian didn't buy the innocent act.  Nevertheless, he thought the more direct approach was needed.  "As soon as the seat belt sign is turned off you can help me keep my membership to the mile high club active."

 

"I respectfully decline B2."  Without missing a beat the flight attendant turns to help the person in the opposite seat that has been trying to get his attention.

 

As soon as the seat belt light goes out Brian rushes to the toilet to take care of himself.  His hand is working at lightning speed thinking of what is just on the other side of the door from him.   He returns to his seat thinking he could now endure the fifty two minute flight to New York.  However, now that he is thinking with his brain and not his male appendage he becomes a little perturbed.  He is perturbed about being rejected.  He is perturbed he won't get to slide into the bubble butt.  Yet, he is mostly perturbed about being called a banana.

 

Since it is such a short flight only a light snack and drinks are offered to first class.  As these are offered to Brian he decides he wants an apology for being called a banana.  Normally he thought apologies were meaningless, but he felt he had been humiliate in front of others, even though he knew their conversation had been barely above a whisper.  "I understand your probably one of those virginal idealist saving themself for the right man and the stepford fag dream, nevertheless, your rudeness doesn't become you."

 

"Excuse me.  When was I rude to you B2?"

 

"There.  Just then.  Why do you insist on calling me a banana?"

 

A hearty laugh that sounded like beautiful violin music to Brian's ears filled the cabin.  "I'm sorry sir; I was referring to your seat number.

 

So how many children do you have?"

 

"How do you know I have a child?"

 

"Really sir; B1 and B2 have only been around since nineteen ninety two and I'm sure you weren't watching them when you were fifteen."

 

"Screw you.  How old do you think I am?"

 

"Thirty three."

 

"I'm twenty n...okay I'm thirty."  Brian smirks, his age has always been a sore point for discussion, yet right now it just doesn't seem to matter.  He is enjoying the lively discussion with the feisty flight attendant and he actually admired the fact the man hadn't just submitted to his earlier request.   Brian decides a little flirting is in order.  He gestures for the flight attendant to lean over to hear what he is about to say, however, what he really wants is to make sure his breath brushes the flight attendant's cheek.  "So what can I call you then?  Sunshine, or maybe B1?"

 

The reply is given in the most seductive voice Brian has ever heard.  "I suppose I could B1."

 

"I'm sure you already are?"  Once again the cabin is filled with the flight attendant's laughter.  Brian likes this man and is intrigued to the point that he really wants to spend at least one evening with him.

 

"How about you join me tonight and we go clubbing?"  Brian has pulled out his card which promptly displays his number.   

 

The sarcastic reply is accompanied with an eye roll.  "Let me think about it.  Um, no thank you."  He didn't even pause for effect.  He is rejecting Brian for the second time.

 

"What's wrong with you?  I'm hot."  Brian states in a jovial manner.

 

"And modest."  This time he did pause for effect as he felt he wanted to be clear where he stands with the passengers.   "I do agree, you are hot, but I like my job."

 

"What does that have to do with your own time?"

 

"We have a contract clause stating no fraternisation with the passengers and I have worked so hard to get where I am today."

 

"So this is your dream job?"

 

"No.  However it is a well-paid, enjoyable career for now."

 

"Are you taking over Anita's route?"

 

"For the next two months I am."

 

"Why?"

 

"You will need to ask her that."  He is then called away to assist another passenger. 

 

The flight attendant wraps up his speech after landing.  "Thank you for flying with us today.  We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."  Brian laughs heartily as he ponders that this is most enjoyable flight he has ever taken, even if he didn't get to take anyone for a ride. 

 

 

End Notes:

B1 and B2 is a reference to “Bananas in Pyjamas” an Australian children’s television show.  Basically they are two anthropomorphic Bananas that live on Cuddles Avenue and wear pyjamas.  I know what you’re thinking; yes the show is aptly names.  LOL  

stories/1226/images/BIP.jpg

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better. 

Chapter 2 by Flossee

Flight: Pittsburgh to New York

 

Brian has just entered the plane's cabin after having been paged for the second time.  Today his timing has been a little off and he had to move quickly to make his flight.  He is greeted at the door by what he can only assume is one of the most fuckable body parts of his favourite flight attendant.   "Good morning B2. Welcome aboard."  Is the greeting given with a smile that lights up the whole cabin. 

 

"Good morning Justin."  Brian had kicked himself when he realized he had exited the plane after their first flight together and hadn't learnt the man's name.  Since their paths first crossed Justin has haunted Brian's every dream and sexual encounter, which are the same thing to Brian since all his dreams are of a sexual nature.  It frustrated him that he hadn't been able to secure his ever present flight plan; Plan A, a quick fuck in the toilet cubicle, because he is sure that is the one and only reason this man continuously occupies his thoughts.  He told himself he needed a Plan B, and once the contingency plan was implemented he would have Justin's contact details from Anita.  This would allow him to stalk Justin until they fucked.  Then Justin would go back to being just another flight attendant to him.  However, this plan had a flaw.  Anita could no longer be reached by phone.  So his only hope of seeing the feisty flight attendant again is to frequent the flights on Anita's route, since Justin is covering for her, and try to seduce him with the Kinney charm. 

 

Anita had confided in Brian that she was forced to take a leave of absence to enter rehab.  Her manager would be taking over her route for the next two months, or until such time as she is capable of returning to work.  Several customers had complained about a batch of Special K Anita had cooked up in her bathtub so she had decided to try the product before distribution.  It didn't take long and she was hooked on her own creations.  Apparently Justin is her manager and the first day they were on the plane together, when Brian met Justin, he was there to observe her work.  Anita's downfall had been the result of her being high and offering her special supply to the wrong commuter.  However, with Justin's persistence, the company said if she admitted to having a problem and would go to rehab, then they would hold her position for her.  Normally she would have been dismissed, but Justin went in to bat for her, as they are friends. 

 

Justin helped Brian with his suit jacket and his small carry-on luggage, while Brian took his seat and buckled up.  Once they were safely in the air the Fasten Seat Belt sign was switched off and Justin's voice came over the speakers.   "Folks, the seat belt signs have been switched off.  Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land.  It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern."

 

"Oh ha ha, very funny, we're not stupid you know.  You're not allowed to open the doors during flight."

 

Brian would know that voice anywhere and today it is coming from the seat behind him on the other side of the aisle.  His first thought is to shrink down in his seat so the man that voice belongs to doesn't see him, as he doesn't want to spend the entire flight listening to his inane chatter. 

 

Justin began dispensing the light snacks and drinks.  "What's this?  I expected a meal, not a snack."  The previously not amused passenger's voice once again pollutes the cabin air.

 

"Since this flight is only fifty two minutes in duration Sir we do not serve meals." 

 

"Well there better be proper food on the next flight.  I would ask for my money back, but since I won these two tickets I suppose I can't.  At least give me more than one drink."   Justin is the consummate professional.  However, his thoughts of swatting the man while yelling ‘mosquito' may have been a little unprofessional.

 

"I can do that for you Sir."  Justin gave him a second drink.  If a third drink is requested Justin has decided he will fetch it from the galley.  He will make sure the beer is warm and he will shake vigorously before giving it to the obnoxious man to open.

 

"And I expect you to keep the drinks coming; you hear me."  Justin couldn't wait for this piece of self-loading cargo to exit the plane. 

 

Brian had heard enough.  Although he is still a little reluctant to reveal his presences, he does, as he has taken offence on Justin's behalf.  He believes Justin will remain professional and will not outwardly retaliate as he tries to appease the insufferable man's every whim.   "Michael Novotny..."  Is all Brian manages to say as he stands to confront the man.  Just as they come face to face Michael receives a slap over the head with a not so gentle hand.  There to the side of both men is Debbie Novotny, still chastising her son like he is a child.  Brian is cursing as he has revealed himself and it hasn't been at all necessary thanks to Debbie.  Now he will have to endure this man for the rest of the flight. 

 

The day Brian meet Michael was the day he had saved him from a beating at high school.  Brian didn't really know the guy; nonetheless, he knew the beating was because Michael is gay and unable to physically stand up for himself, so he stepped in.  He only had to do it once as Brian Kinney was not someone you messed with, and once the information had circulated around the school the bullies just moved on.   Brian never regretted sticking up for Michael, however, he did regret the by-product, which was a whiny, clingy, constant companion.  He was gratefully Michael wasn't college material and he hadn't seen him since their high school graduation day.

 

Michael quickly launches out of his seat trying to reach Brian to give him a kiss and a hug.  Brian sits quickly which makes the Novotny greeting impossible.  Unfortunately though, the seat next to Brian is vacant on this flight and Michael takes up occupancy.  Then the inherent chatter begins and Brian tries his best to block it out.  He nods his head regularly like he is listening and throws in the occasional word hoping it fits the conversation.  Eventually he is able to block out Michael's voice completely and he hears the voices behind him.  He knows there is only one person occupying those two seats this morning and the voice he is hearing, yet again, belongs to someone he recognizes.   

 

Debbie Novotny has obviously moved to the seat directly behind the one Michael is now occupying and she is talking to the gentleman traveller.  She isn't someone Brian knows on a personal level.  He has heard of the wonderful things she has done for the people of Liberty Avenue, and therefore he admires her.  Debbie talks to the unknown man about Vic Grassi, her brother, and how he dedicates his life to raising money for a hospice, which now, through an anonymous donation bears his name.   Brian notes she is very careful not to reveal out loud the type of hospice, as they are in an aeroplane and it is easy to overhear conversations.  Brian knows Vic's work well and has met the man a couple of times.  He knows he is Michael's uncle and that was part of the reason he made his large donation anonymously, as he didn't really want to reconnect with Michael.  Brian is now taking an interest in what is going on in the row behind him.  Debbie obviously knows this man and although she is being very discreet Brian has deduced that the man doesn't have any family he can turn to, and he is suffering through the aids virus alone.  As Brian rises from his seat, feigning his need for a toilet break to get a respite from Michael, he sees Debbie write a phone number on the paper serviette that had been handed out with the snacks.  He likes this woman and he makes a mental note to himself that he will see if there is any way he can help more with of the causes she champions.

 

As soon as Brian returns to his seat an announcement is made requiring everyone to return to their allotted seats and buckle up as they are expecting turbulence.    Brian is ever so grateful.  Just as the announcement finishes the phone alongside Justin's chair, which is used for take-off and landing, lit up.   Justin whispers into the phone and then laughter is heard from him and the person on the other end of the call.  Brian later found out it had been the pilot who had called, querying Justin about where he obtained the information about turbulence as the forecast was for clear skies.  Justin had made the announcement to relieve Brian of Michael's company.   

 

The pilot plays along with Justin's deception by creating a decent amount of turbulence.  Then he announces.  "We apologise for the turbulence.  The weather at our destination is 56 degrees with broken cloud.  We were hoping to have them fixed by the time we arrived."  He completes the deception with a few kangaroo hops along the tarmac before coming to a complete stop at the terminal.   

 

Justin makes one of the final announcements, increasing the pretence.  "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because after a landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."  The passengers erupted into laughter.  Justin continues with the announcement.  "I know what you're thinking and I'm here to tell you, it wasn't the airlines fault, it wasn't the pilots fault, it wasn't the flight attendants fault, it was the asphalt."  Another round of laughter emanates from the passengers.

 

As everyone stands to depart the aircraft Justin couldn't resist one more jovial remark to the disembarking passengers.  "As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings as anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants.  Please do not leave children or spouses." 

 

As Justin departs the aircraft he does a quick scan of the plane before leaving.  He is checking nothing has been left behind, and as he does he finds a serviette on Brian's seat.   Although he isn't sure he wants the information on it, he takes the item and places it in his pocket.

 

 

End Notes:

That's all folks for Debbie and Michael.  I only needed Debbie to show Brian as a wealthy, generous, caring person.  No, not really, it was just to give Brian the idea of the serviette.  Michael's appearance was to fill the role of an obnoxious passenger; and to display Brian's benevolent characteristic trait.  Hands up...oh wait, I can't see your hands, so review please and let me know if you knew Michael was the obnoxious passenger before Brian said his name.  If you did I need to work harder.  LOL  Be honest; I can take it.  I think.  LOL 

If you cogitate I treat Michael badly in my fics please let me know as it will be noted and filed.  LOL  Hey, the recycling bin on my computer is a file.  LOL

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.  LOL's are my favourites.

Chapter 3 by Flossee

Flight: New York to Pittsburgh.

 

"Good morning B2, welcome aboard."

 

"Good morning.  This isn't your usual day for this route?"

 

"Once again I'm filling in, as we have a shortage."

 

"A conscientious worker, I like that."

 

Brian took his seat and again Justin inserts his own brand of humor into the appropriate places in the safety announcements.  "Good afternoon and welcome aboard our flight to Pittsburgh.  If Pittsburgh is not on your itinerary for today now would be a good time to deplane......Your seat cushions can be used for flotation.  In the event of this flight becoming a cruise please take them with our compliments."  Brian has become accustom to listening to the safety spiel now, as it has become entertaining, and he commends Justin on his unique way of gaining everybody's attention.

 

Unfortunately, this flight Brian is sat alongside another passenger.  Justin had tried to keep the seat next to Brian vacant whenever he could; telling the check-in staff it is Brian's preference to have a vacant seat next to him if possible.   Brian has never made such a request, as it is Justin's desire the seat is keep empty, since he likes to have easy access to Brian. 

 

Brian accepts the offered hand in greeting from the person seated next to him.  He then settles into his seat with the complementary newspaper, in the hopes that he will have a peaceful flight while getting caught up on current events.  It's obvious this plan isn't going to work once the very flamboyant loud passenger starts to talk.  Brian knows he will get a reprieve as soon as Justin has time to organise something, so in the meantime he will endure it.    He did however ask the man to stop talking while any announcements are made, as he enjoys Justin's humor.

 

Brian is surprised to see the pilot of the aircraft exit the cockpit while they are taxiing; nevertheless, he knows they have very capable co-pilots.  He assumes the men don't know they are being watched as the curtain has once again been dislodged from its position.  He realizes it is possible only his seat has a view of what he is observing.  The pilot is talking very closely to Justin's ear.  He knows that look and he knows the seductive moves that are being displayed.    Justin giggles and they give each other a quick peck on the lips.  For some reason Brian found that infuriating.  He hadn't taken anyone to the toilet cubicle for a quick fuck on any flight Justin worked.  He isn't sure why he has abstained during flights and he isn't sure why watching Justin and another man bothers him.  After all they aren't in a relationship.  They have never fucked and they didn't even see each other outside of them blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube together.

 

The pilot disappears into the cockpit and he gives his welcoming message which includes this one line.  "Folks, if you become scared during the take-off or landing, feel free to close your eyes, as that's what I do."

 

Justin announces his take off spiel and includes.  "We shall be dimming the cabin lights as part of our take-off and landing procedures.  Gents, please enjoy this time as it may be the only opportunity you'll ever get to be in the dark with a flight attendant."

 

Very quickly after the conclusion of Justin's announcement the pilot's voice is heard once again.  "Ladies and gentlemen, we will definitely be turning down the cabin lights during take-off and landing.  Essentially this is for your comfort as it enhances the appearance of your flight attendants."

 

As the chuckles about the cabin die down Justin makes another announcement.  "I want to let everyone know about a very special event.  We have someone on board who is making his very first flight today."  Cheering and clapping is heard for the virgin flyer.  "So, please join me in congratulating our pilot."  More laughter ensues. 

 

The pilot then makes another announcement and concludes with.  "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately none of them are on this flight."  Justin laughs heartily as did the other flight attendants, as it is all said in good humor.   Once he has calmed down Justin picks up the phone to the now locked cockpit. 

 

Although Justin is speaking softly Brian strains so he can hear, and he now presumes Justin is talking to the pilot who has just made the announcements.  "Is this the box office?"   Laughter can be heard as Justin hangs up.  It's an in-joke with the flight crew.  If males are in the cockpit it is called a cockpit.  If it is an all-female crew then it is called a box office. 

 

Justin didn't need to come to Brian's rescue.  Once the seat belt sign had been turned off the very flamboyant man rose from his seat in order to seek out his friend, who is also traveling first class and is positioned across the aisle and one seat back.  Brian stands to offer the two gentlemen his seat so they can share their flight together, and as he does he sees someone he knows in the seat directly opposite him.  Brian never acknowledges old tricks, yet he is apparently staring at the sight before him.  "You're a twin?"  He didn't really know which one to direct his question at, as they are identical. 

 

The twin closest to him acknowledges the question.  "I'm Ben, the one from the White party and this is my twin Kip." 

 

Suddenly Brian has an idea.  He is annoyed by the outwardly humorous flirting between Justin and the pilot, so to show Justin he also has a life other than talking to him on their many flights together, he attempts to propositions Kip to join the mile high club.  He grabs Kip by the wrist with the intention of leading him to the toilet cubicle.  "I want to get into your pants; NOW."  He growls.

 

Kip's reply is unexpected.  "No thanks, there's already one asshole in them."  Kip has declined for two reasons.  One; he doesn't do any man that has had his brother, and two; he just doesn't do any man, as he isn't gay.

 

Brian shrunk back in to his seat.  What is with people on planes?  He has never had so many rejections before.  A smirk crosses his face as he thinks to himself.  ‘He's right; those pants do already contain an asshole.'  Now he ponders his state of arousal and discovers that he isn't very horny anyway as he is still a little vexed by Justin's and the pilot's antics.  He would have contemplated why, however, an announcement is made for everyone to return to their seats and fasten their seat belts.  Brian is waiting for some humorous reason, but none is given. 

 

Normally as they fly over the city the Captain would make an announcement with local time, temperature at the destination airport, and time left until arrival; that never came either.  Brian realizes something is wrong when he sees Justin's face.  He isn't able to move from his seat and he can see Justin is struggling with just the basic announcements and tasks.   It would be at least another twenty minutes before the passengers have all disembarked, and even longer before they were told what had happened.

 

As the passengers stand to exit the plane the Captain comes out of the cockpit.  Seemingly it is to see the passengers off.  However with closer scrutiny it is now obvious he is there to support Justin from falling apart.   Both Justin and the Captain are actually supporting one another.  Nevertheless, Justin cracks as he hears what is meant to be a witty comment made by an existing passenger about the landing, which had been rough due to the emotional state of the pilots.  "So, did we land or were we shot down?"

 

 

End Notes:

Metaphorical raise your hand if you had thoughts on what Ben and Kip looked like.  Ben's body and Kip's head.  Kip's body and Ben's head.  Or ????  LOL 

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.  LOL's are my favourites    

Chapter 4 by Flossee

Flight: Pittsburgh to New York

 

Brian boards the plane and is greeted by a very sombre Justin.  He wants to reach out and hold him, however that wouldn't be appropriate and Justin may not be able to uphold his composure if he does.   It is Justin's first day at work after the tragedy.  Brian really doesn't have to fly today, and unbeknown to Justin he is only making the trip to support him. 

 

The report received during Justin's last flight was to convey that one of their planes had exploded in mid-air.  Of course the worse possible scenario was assumed, as that is protocol.   Justin had taken it hard.  He has other crews that report to him and in one incident he had not only lost an entire team, he had also lost one of his best friends, as she was a member of that crew.  It had been almost a week before the investigation revealed the actual reason for the tragedy.  A passenger had boarded the flight with dangerous goods in their suitcase, which they had checked-in to the cargo hole.   A small fire started when friction in the passenger's luggage caused the prohibited item, a cigarette lighter, to spark.  All to suddenly the fire spread, causing the planes fuel ignited and exploded.

 

Justin goes through the safety announcements by rote.   Not once is there a spark of humor or any evidence of enjoyment for his role.  The last time Brian had seen Justin was the night of the incident.  He had called Brian, using the details from the serviette.  He told Brian he would be at Babylon that night.  He wanted to forget what had happened that day.  He wanted a few moments of not replaying the scenario of his friend's last moments over and over again in his mind.  He asked Brian to line up a dealer for him.  Brian could tell the moment Justin had walked in the door that he was already tweaked.  As he approached Brian at the bar he immediately asks him to point out the person who could fulfil his requirements.   Brian wanted nothing more than to give Justin what he desired.  He want to help him deal with the tragedy, but he also wanted him safe.  So he suggested that Justin had already had enough and invited him to his office for a drink.  Justin took this to mean a fuck, and he accepted.

 

As they entered Brian's office Justin turned and locked the door.  This was Brian's fantasy and worse nightmare come true.  He has come to know Justin as a friend and this is not how he wanted to cross that friendship line.  He had secretly hoped one day they could have more, but not like this.  It was Brian's turn to reject Justin. 

 

Justin seemed to have a hard time handling the rejection because of his emotional state.  This may be why his reaction was a little extreme.  He tried to force Brian over his desk.  If Brian wasn't going to fuck him, then he would fuck Brian.   In his diminished physical state he was no match for Brian's much larger body.   Brian easily pushed him away, leaving a now shirtless Justin heading for the door.  Brian followed.  He knew he had to help Justin as just one wrong decision tonight could have everlasting consequences. 

 

Justin returned to the bar area and then headed to the dance floor.  He was dancing with no one in particular and the sharks were circling.  Brian watched as Justin started dancing with two other men.  He was just about to intervene when he recognised one of them as the Captain from the flight.  The one who had kissed Justin.  Since he already believed Justin and the Captain had a sexual relationship he decided he wouldn't interfere.    He watched over Justin until the group of three left together. 

 

Today Justin is present in body, but his spirit seems defeated.   The service he is providing is very professional and when the inflight food service is complete he approaches Brian's seat.  The seat next to Brian is vacant, along with many others in the plane that day.  "Thank you."  He speaks very softly.  "Brandon told me you watched over me that abysmal night until I was safely with people I knew.  I realize what the aftermath of one foolish act can be and if you hadn't been there for me I may be facing insurmountable consequences right now." 

 

Brian chose to ignore the obvious lecture he could give Justin about being safe.  He is surprised that he cares about this man the way he does, and he definitely wants him safe.  Wanting to keep Justin safe shouldn't surprise him, as he has already deliberated over his actions towards this man.  What does surprise him is he isn't sure if the questions he's about to ask is for his sake or Justin's.  "Justin, you once told me this isn't your dream job.  So why do it?   Especially now?"

 

"I'm not afraid, Brian."  Justin knew Brian's name as it was part of the information Brian had jotted on the napkin, but he had never used it until that night.  "I know most people don't realize that air travel is still so much safer than travelling by automobile.  I'm also aware there are always people that break the rules and put others in danger.

 

I already had a plan to resign when Anita returned to work.  However, she isn't coming back now.  I was going to follow my dream and I had already put in applications with a few companies I would like to work for.  Meanwhile, I will help this airline and my staff recover while I put my plans for my dream career on hold."

 

"So you'll keep Anita's route?"

 

"No.  I'm filling any position they request I take.  My next trip is a long haul one."

 

"Will I ever see you again?"  Brian asks with trepidation.

 

"Maybe in your dreams."  Little did Justin know Brian had coined that phrase, which has now become a popular rejection line.  He doesn't really want to reject Brian, but he doesn't want any more heartache right now.

 

"It's that Captain guy isn't it?" 

 

"NO."

 

Brian ignores the slight protest.  "You love him. Don't you?"

 

For the first time in days Justin smiles.  Brian sounds jealous.  "Brandon and I were only ever fuck buddies and we grew in to being friends.  He has someone now."  Justin smiles a little brighter.  "The co-pilot.....Ethan.   The other man dancing with us at Babylon that night.   The current tragedy finally had them confess their feelings for each other."  Justin pauses to see if Brian would follow Brandon and Ethan's lead.  He really wants to know how Brian truly feels about him.

 

"Justin, I don't want to lose you.  I think we have a real connection, however, if you tell me otherwise I'll accept that and just walk away."  There is a few seconds silence.  "I'm really hoping the deafening silence is a good sign."  Brian tries to lighten the mood.  Justin is a little stunned as it seems Brian is aware of what he was alluding to about expressing ones feelings. 

 

"I feel we have a connection too, Brian.  When I heard the terrible news, and assumptions were made, my first thought was of how pleased I was I could see you.  I knew you were safe.  You were the one I sought comfort from that evening.  I know I ruined it by being high.  Nevertheless, it was your arms I wanted holding me and telling me everything would be alright, and even though I didn't know you would be on this flight, you were the one person I wanted to see board the plane today.   I don't know what all that means Brian and how far you want to take things."

 

"How far.....let's see".  Brian taps his fingers on his chin.  He knows Justin isn't speaking literally, as in physical distance, however he decides Justin needs a little levity right now.  "How about we take it all the way?  I'll join you on that long haul flight.....you know, it will be like a date."

 

"A date."

 

"Yeah, you supply me with dinner, there's a movie and the lights will be turned down."  Justin gives Brian a playful nudge on the forearm.  "And just to mix things up a bit, I can even entertain you with my safety spiel about another kind of ride."  Without any words Justin signals, with a slight tilting and lifting of his head, for Brian to start his spiel.  Brian begins with a smile in his voice.  "Welcome to Kinney Airway, flight 951."

 

"Oh, let me guess, length, width and number of testicles?"

 

Brian smirks.  Justin's a smart fucker, still, he shouldn't have been surprised at Justin's knowledge because it was what he had written and illustrated on the serviette he had left for him.  However, because he was interrupted he starts again.  "Welcome to Kinney Airway, flight 951.  Our Motto is, Work hard, Play hard and Stay hard.  The "Fasten Condom Sign" will be on at all times.  Cruising altitude will be nine inches above seat level.  In an emergency please assume the brace position, which is hold tight to your partner's ears and ride it out.  Estimated time to our destination will be announced shortly before arrival, with a feral groan.  If you were to become a frequent flyer you would receive rewards points.  With every hundred points earned you will have the choice between two gifts; become the pilot for one ride or a toaster......"  

 

Justin jumps from the seat.  Although Brian was being humorous as he spoke their faces had been drawn to each other's like magnets.  Brian's breath had been brushing gently across Justin's cheek and both men were radiating white hot passion from every pore.  Brian was mere seconds away from kissing Justin and Justin was showing no resistance.  Justin isn't sure what has pulled him back to reality; it could have been the announcement to prepare for landing, or it could have been the excitement of earning enough rewards points to get a free toaster.  Now he is standing staring at Brian and biting his bottom lips.  "Justin?"  Was all Brian said, as the question was in the tone.

 

Justin giggles.  "Later Brian.  I have to undertake a cabin check now and I can't go checking seat belts with a boner, as everyone will be thinking I'm looking at their crouch and getting off on it."

 

As the flight concludes Justin is feeling a little better. He knows the passengers will still have the incident on their minds so on touch down he tries to lighten the mood, while keeping the airline patrons safe.  "We'd like to welcome you to Honolulu.  However, we can't.  This is New York."  While the plane is taxiing towards the terminal, as always some people start undoing their seat belts.  Justin is in a hurry to leave, but he wants everyone safe, so he makes the announcement.  "Ladies and gentlemen, our planes are equipped with new sensors that tell us three people have unfastened their seat belts. These individuals will not be permitted to leave the plane unless they refasten their seat belts until we arrive at the terminal."  It's amazing how gullible some passengers are and you can hear the clicks as people refasten their seat belts.  The plane is taxiing very slowly and Justin can see the passengers getting a little frustrate, so he announces.   "We will be arriving at the terminal at 10.02....10.03......10.04......10.05."  He is enjoying hearing the passengers' laughter once again.  The plane eventually comes to a stop. The Seat Belt sign is still illuminated and once again some of the passengers unfasten their seat belts and stand up to retrieve their carry-on luggage.  Justin's announcement is.  "Ah, ah, ah!"  To which the obedient travellers actually sit back down.

 

The Seat Belt sign is finally switched off and Justin wants the passengers out of there as fast as possible, because he knows Brian will be waiting for him once the self-loading cargo disembarks.  So one short announcement achieves his goal.  "Last one off cleans the plane."

 

End Notes:

I call this my Brian chapter.  Brian gets to reject Justin.  Brian gets to show his caring side.  Brian verbalizes his feelings.  Brian gets to insert his own brand of humor. Brian gets his man. (I know; Brian always gets his man; maybe he's a Mountie at heart.)  LOL  I hope you don't mind my seemingly very chatty Brian this chapter.  Who knew he could talk so much.  LOL

Just the very short epilogue to go.  Will Justin make one final announcement?  Will he follow his dream?  Will he get a free toaster?  I hope you tune in to find out.   LOL  

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.  LOL's are my favourites.

Chapter 5 by Flossee

Flight: New York to Pittsburgh

 

Brian enters the plane.  Once again he is the last passenger to arrive.  He has been paged once.  He knew he could have pushed it until he was called again, but he really doesn't want to be in the bad books with a certain flight attendant.  "Good morning B2.  Welcome aboard."  Brian smiles as he hears the term of endearment. 

 

"Good morning B1."  Brian takes his seat and fastens his seat belt, as Justin hangs his coat in the forward situated cupboard.  Then he takes Brian's small carry-on bag and proceeds to wiggle his butt in front of Brian's face while pretending to have difficulty placing the item in the overhead compartment.  Ultimately, Brian reaches out and stops him.  He is feeling frustrated as he is now extremely horny.  "You are going to have to break your code of ethics if you keep that up."

 

It hadn't taken Justin very long to ascertain exactly what turns Brian on.  He should have known better than to tease his man when neither of them is in the position to alleviate the problem.   Justin is just overly excited about his future prospects; resulting in him momentarily forgetting where he is.  He had landed, and hopefully nailed, interviews with two of the top agencies in Pittsburgh.  If he is successful in gaining a position with either of these companies it will allow him to be at home in Pittsburgh with Brian, fulltime.  

 

The flight began just like any other and Justin is in fine form with his announcements.  "In case of cabin depressurization, designer yellow oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling.  Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before assisting children or other adults acting like children.........We will be passing through the cabin in a minute to make sure your seat belts are fastened, your tray tables and seat-backs are in the upright and locked position, and your shoes and outfits match.....Your seat cushion will serve as your floatation device.  Slip your hands through the straps and kick-paddle-kick-paddle all the way to shore.  You may keep the cushion as our gift to you...... In addition to the smoke alarms our toilets are also equipped with ejector seats.  So if you are planning to smoke in one of the toilet cubicles we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for having flown with us.....Today's meal is lobster tails with butter, steak, cream sauce, and Crème brulee for desert.  Just kidding - it's a muesli bar."

 

Once his duties have been taken care of Justin occupies the seat next to Brian.  "I have some good news for you." 

 

Justin looks puzzled.  "What news?"

 

"You achieved interviews with two of the top agencies in Pittsburgh." 

 

"Yeah, that news I know.  I think they both went extremely well.  It's great isn't it?"  You couldn't keep the excitement out of Justin's voice.

 

"The good news is you have been successfully with the agency you mentioned as being your first choice."

 

Once again Justin looks a little perplexed.  "How do you know that?  Were you able to persuade someone to give me the job?  I would rather get it on my own merits."

 

"You did get it on your own merits.  The owner knows your work ethic, dedication to your soon to be, previous position, and he has seen your art work."

 

"How do you know this?  Neither owner was at the interview.  They were conducted by the department heads."

 

"Kinnetik, it's a play on words.  The double ‘n' as in Kinney."

 

It takes Justin a few seconds to realize what Brian is saying.  "You told me what you did and I still didn't put that together.  You might want to think twice about hiring me if I didn't figure that out."

 

"I deliberately kept it from you.  Well, the parts that would have given away that I owned and operated Kinnetik.  When you told me Anita wasn't coming back and you had already sent in your resume for your ideal job, I wasn't surprised to see your CV land on my desk.  Everybody in the art department is enthusiastic to have you work with them.   There were only two outstanding candidates.  It was a unanimous decision that you gained the position."

 

"Unanimous decision.  Unanimous with whom?  You and the department head.  You didn't coerce him did you?" 

 

"No.  I choose the other guy."

 

"So you don't really want me working for you.  And do you know the meaning of unanimous?"

 

"Oh contraire.  I do want you to work with me.  I choose the other guy so the art director would have to fight for you if he wanted you.  It seems like he really wants you.  He said he wants the artist and not the guy that could just manipulate computer programs.  The conversation was something about computer programs today and trained monkeys.

 

When he insisted it had to be you I disclosed to him that we were lovers, as we also have a no fraternization clause.  He didn't care.  In fact he wants you even more.  I think he has some crazy notion that I might behave a little better with you around.

 

So what do you say, will you take the position which we, unanimous, decided you are the best candidate for?  And can we fuck in the toilet cubicle to celebrate?"

 

Justin knows not to bring attention to how Brian has just referred to them, even though he almost creamed his pants on hearing the word lovers.  "Do you think we can work together and live together?"

 

"Living together already seems to be working out for us.  As to working together, I spend most of my day in meetings or my office.   I also go away occasionally."

 

"Occasionally.  I would say, frequently."

 

"Well I have a slight confession.  I didn't need to take half the trips I did.  I could have conducted a lot more business by video teleconference."

 

"Well now I have a dilemma."

 

"What dilemma?"

 

"Do I break my code of ethics and fuck my boyfriend in the toilet cubicle?  Or do I uphold my ethics and professionalism to impress my new boss?"

 

**********************************************************************************

This is where I would normally end this fic as I like ambiguous endings.  However, for those who don't, you have a choice.

 

Ending A

Justin once again respectfully declines to join the mile high club with Brian.  Thus, once Justin begins his new role, Brian has him come to his office every day to check on his resolve in upholding Kinnetik's code of ethics.

 

Ending B2

Brian drags Justin to the toilet cubicle to create some man made turbulence, while allowing Justin to earn some rewards points.

 

The End.

 

 

End Notes:

Constructive criticism is appreciated, but nice reviews are even better.  LOL's are my favourites.

Happiness is not a destination it is a way of life.

This story archived at https://midnightwhispers.net/viewstory.php?sid=2875