I'd like to add to Kimberly's announcement a few details.
1) This is a huge website, with many new features; however, simple enough to enjoy doing basic things, or complex enough to do more advanced work.
2) Everyone will have a basic website like Facebook, and can customize it, totally, if they have the code skill, or get someone to do this for them.
3) Each member has a website profile with a simple URL to go to it; for example: Kim's profile will be https://ssw.media/authors/predec2, therefore website/authors/username.
4) The website has so much going on, we truly need outside help finding issues to fix within it.
5) The beta version is remaining off-line until a few more major issues are fixed and we are waiting on the senior developer to get back to us for that purpose.
6) I'm too familiar with the new website. We need the perspective of members with no experience using it, to let us know what are areas we need to address for user friendliness. What is easy? What is hard? What does not work for you? What could make it better?
7) This is a chance to be apart of something historic in the world of fanfiction and social media. Your assistance will make changes in the final production steps pre-launch, or the next 2.0 version already being planned in the vapors.
We have to face the facts. 19 years ago, QAF-U.S. began on Showtime, and ended 14 years ago. I do not know any fandom subject that lasted this long; however, QAF is on the decline in a very major way. All traffic for this type of fanfiction is going down rapidly. This is the perfect timing to do other things, and keep our community alive.
8) We are expanding to all forms of fanfiction, nonfiction, and social profiles with media stored and shared, songs, images, even file transfers may soon be possible. Creating groups of interest and joining them - all are possible with SSW.media within common sense boundaries, and within the laws of the United States. Just common sense stuff.
With gratitude for an angel investor, SSW.media will be a reality.
That angel is throwing a huge party and inviting all of us to join in the fun.
We only have to show up!