Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 198] Printer
FeatureSummary:

This story is the result of the request by a wonderful reader of mine named Lorie.  It begins in 2005.  Justin is a young man in NYC who makes his living as the writer of gay porn and adult fiction.  He has bigger goals for himself.  He dreams of publishing the great American gay romance novel, but he has little to base it on.  Justin does not do relationships and has little trust of others due to a painful childhood.  Brian Kinney is the owner of his own ad agency which has taken on Justin's publishing house as a new client.  What will happen when Brian and Justin meet eventually...two lost souls afraid of committment.  I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my Granddaughter, Amy, for the banner and my friend Pat for beta help.  I also want to thank Lorie for trusting me with her idea.  So enjoy and remember that comments are always welcome.  


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY, Alternate Universe, Brian/Justin, Child Abuse, Hurt/Comfort, Out of Character, Real Life Issues, Romance Characters: Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes
Word count: 65965 Read: 132829
Published: August 07, 2008 Updated: July 31, 2009
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. A Young Man's Ambition by mandagrammy [Reviews - 19] (3118 words)
We meet young Justin Taylor and ad exec Brian Kinney.

2. A First Meeting by mandagrammy [Reviews - 10] (2435 words)
Brian and Justin meet for the first time.  First impressions may not be the best, but time will tell.

3. A Tentative Meeting of the Minds by mandagrammy [Reviews - 12] (3091 words)

Brian and Justin have their dinner meeting and both men find themselves trying to feel each other out, but they both have spent years avoiding personal disclosures, thus making things difficult to connect.  However, the evening ends with Justin trusting Brian, a virtual stranger, more than he ever thought he would trust anyone as he hands over a piece of himself to the man. 

4. Taking the Young Writer Under His Wing by mandagrammy [Reviews - 9] (3177 words)
Brian checks out Justin's rough manuscript of his first mainstream love story while Justin waits nervously to hear Brian's opinion. 

5. Life Lessons One and Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 11] (2745 words)
Brian takes on the task of teaching Justin a bit about fashion and mingling with the people.  Justin proves to be a timid student at first, but is he learning even more than he expected with Brian as his instructor?

6. The Morning After by mandagrammy [Reviews - 11] (3008 words)
Justin wakes the next morning with the Mother of all hangovers and wonders what happened the night before.  Meanwhile Brian can't get the young writer off his mind, especially after having another one of those dreams with a distinctive blond featured again.

7. The Start of a Night to Remember by mandagrammy [Reviews - 6] (3330 words)
Brian and Justin are finally recognizing the growing attraction between them, and they get a taste of things to come as they prepare for their second big night out together on the town.

8. Safe in Brian's Arms by mandagrammy [Reviews - 6] (3344 words)
In this chapter, Brian's attempts to give Justin a chance to learn more about gay life at a dance club takes an unexpected turn, leading to a drastic change in their relationship.

9. Justin Makes a Discovery by mandagrammy [Reviews - 9] (2888 words)

The next morning Brian tries to decide on how to handle his changing relationship with young writer, Justin.  Meanwhile, the young man in question makes a decision himself that cements their future interaction for the forseeable future.

10. Falling in Love, Maybe by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (3135 words)
Weeks have passed since that fateful night that Brian rescued his protege, Justin, from the clutches of a drunken attacker.  Everything has changed between the men and they've fallen into a comfortable affair that is slowly growing, and yet still undefined.  Is this a relationship that can stand the test of time?

11. Pleasure before Business by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (3899 words)

Brian and Justin are getting closer than ever, but the pleasure is about to be interrupted by business matters that turn into a fiasco of misunderstandings.

12. Missed Messages by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2947 words)
Justin comes back to Brian's hotel room only to find the ad man missing in action.  Through an misfortunate mistake, he leaves thinking Brian has left without a single word to him.  The hearbroken young writer returns home convinced Brian only used him for temporary pleasure.  Meanwhile Brian is a busy man, but also waits eagerly to hear from young lover Justin.

13. Missed Connections by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (3852 words)
It is the next day after Brian has left Justin behind in NYC.  Each man finds the new day very different, but once again connections are missed.  One man decides it is time to get to the bottom of things.

14. Questions Need Answers by mandagrammy [Reviews - 10] (3071 words)
Hey hey! My second chapter produced on my beautiful lap top. Ahhh what a joy. LOL! Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the new chapter. In this one, Brian and Justin are flying in the friendly skies together. but like ships passing in the night as they miss the chance to see each other again. However, things are looking up as Brian discovers a really good reason to hurry home once his business in Philly in over.

15. Reconnection by mandagrammy [Reviews - 10] (3275 words)
At last! I give you our story teller and his ad man...back together where they belong. I hope you enjoy their reunion as much as they did. I want to thank everyone for their patience with me as I battled one health problem after another. Hopefully that will be the end of them for quite a while...fingers crossed. LOL!  Now let's get to that reunion. They've waited long enough.

16. Getting a Handle on Brian Kinney by mandagrammy [Reviews - 7] (2865 words)
Well it is time to see how Justin is adjusting to being in Brian's world now. Will he find the going rough or can he handle the truth of who Brian really is? And will Brian find his feelings changing for the young writer now that he has him on his own turf? Let's see how things are starting out, shall we?

17. The Door to Brian's Heart Opens Wider by mandagrammy [Reviews - 12] (3615 words)

Brian is beginning to realize just how important Justin has become in his life and this night will be one full of revelations as a result of this.

18. Becoming a Couple by mandagrammy [Reviews - 9] (2592 words)
Hey gang, I'm finally back into updating my ongoing stories. We are not completely settled in yet but things are looking up. Whew! Hope this is our last move for some time to come. LOL! Anyway, I hope you will enjoy my newest chapter. I honestly couldn't remember which story I updated last so I just chose one of my favorites to begin anew again. In this chapter, Justin finally completes his romantic novel and sends it off to Dan. On top of that we get a clear view of how the lover's lives are changing bit by bit as they grow closer each day. I would thank my beta but she is still unavailable so please forgive any errors and let me know if you find them so I can make improvements. Many thanks to Amy again for the perfect banner.

19. Good News All Around by mandagrammy [Reviews - 10] (2293 words)

Your next chapter of the story is ready for your approval. I hope you will enjoy it. In this update, our young writer is nervously waiting for word from his publisher, Dan, on a decision about his manuscript of the first full length novel he's written. Brian gives it his all to keep his young lover calm about the whole thing. Many thanks to my beloved beta and banner maker, Judy and Amy, for their wonderful support.

20. The Book is Out, and So Is the Truth by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3139 words)

Well my friends, the book is finally being released after months of prepping and editing and hard work. The lovers are euphoric, but now Justin must go out alone on a book tour to promote the book because of Brian's busy work schedule. Unfortunately this is the one time Justin needed Brian with him the most as he comes face to face with his past at a book signing. What will happen to our successful young writer, and how will Brian react? I hope you will enjoy this chapter as the end is right around the corner. Huge thank you's to my wonderful beta, Judy and my darling banner maker, Amy.

21. Taking Care of Both Taylors by mandagrammy [Reviews - 21] (4146 words)

Well folks, the tale of the story teller has come to an end. Brian has taken time off from work to take care of both the Taylor men. I want to thank everyone who has supported me with their readership and/or comments since the beginning. I appreciate each and every one of you so very much. It has been a pleasure to entertain you. I hope you will join me as we embark on a brand new story. I can promise you lots of glamour, glitter, drama, and most of all loving with the new one, 'Trapeze'. I want to also thank Judy who has been my wonderful beta and my Granddaughter Amy who has provided the banner for this story. So without further ado, the conclusion of 'The Story Teller'.

P.S. This chapter is unbeta'd at the moment since I didn't want to make you wait. As you may know Judy is on vacation in my Country right now but I'll make any necessary changes once she visits with me and checks out my work. Please excuse any goofs for now.