Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 25] Printer
Summary:

This is the final story in the Double Trouble Trilogy.  It picks up about 6 years after 'Graduation' ends.  JR is happily married to husband Noah and pregnant with her first child... the first Grandchild for Brian and Justin.  Gus is also happily married to husband Jason.  This couple wants nothing more than to also make Brian and Justin Grandparents, but it has not been as easy for them.  Then, out of nowhere, someone from Gus and JR's Canadian past comes back into their lives and may be the solution that Gus and Jason have been praying for.  

I wish to thank once again the lovely Nikki for her wonderful banner, and my dear friend, Judy, for her terrific beta skills.


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, Angst With a Happy Ending, Brian/Justin, Drama, Family, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Real Life Issues Characters: Brian, Gus, Jenny Rebecca, Justin, Original Character(s), Other Canon Characters
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes
Word count: 50907 Read: 27324
Published: November 22, 2019 Updated: September 09, 2020
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Something to Look Forward To by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2570 words)

First of all, this is a story that I started over 7 years ago, but then deleted when I found it impossible to complete due to health and family issues.  I have finally returned to it and am in the process of completing it at last, thus I am willing to start posting it again.  

Brian and Justin are enjoying a well-deserved vacation on Ibiza, knowing that they will coming home to big changes in the family dynamics in a matter of weeks. 

2. Looking Back on the Darkness by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3941 words)

 

Thoughts of the upcoming births of JR and Gidge's new babies have brought back memories for Gus of the joys and sorrows that he and his husband, Jason lived through not long before.

3. Flying the Friendly Skies Back Home by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2427 words)

 

Brian and Justin are making a hasty early return home from Ibiza after Michael tells them of a brief early labor scare for JR.  They celebrate the coming arrival of grandchild number one as only they know how.  Friendly skies, indeed!

4. The Arrival of Melody Linn by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3514 words)

 

The big day has arrived, even though a bit premature, and the Kinney/Taylor family is about to grow by one more.  There will be surprises of all kinds...some happy and some not so much so.  Let's join in as JR goes into labor.

5. In Memory of My Mothers by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3218 words)

 

JR and Noah's first-born has arrived and everyone is eager to learn the name they have given the newest member of the family.  A big party is held at the Kinney/Taylor house to welcome and introduce the beautiful little girl to all those who love and care for her.

6. A Voice From the Past by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (3329 words)

 

Gus and Jason's life is running smoothly now.  Jason and his partner, Tom, have finally gotten their own company up and running. Gidge has had her second child, a girl just like JR had, and the Uncles are finding that their time with the youngsters have made them feel that longing for their own baby more strongly.  Jason is finally ready to discuss their future family.  In the midst of all that, a voice from Gus' past is heard from again.  What kind of impact will his best friend from his childhood in Canada have on his life?

7. A Visit from the Past with an Offer for the Future by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2410 words)

 

Gus' best friend from his Canadian days, Heather has come for a visit and she brings more than just memories from the past for Gus and his husband, Jason.  Will the news she brings be a gift from heaven or could it possibly lead down a path to hell?

8. Making a Decision by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2440 words)

With the support of Brian and Justin, Gus and Jason are finally able to make a decision in regards to Heather's generous offer of help in creating the family they have longed for.

9. Baby Making Time by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2172 words)

At long last, it looks like Gus and Jason will have their most important wish fulfilled.

10. Their Own Family, At Last by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2358 words)

The big day has finally arrived.  Gus and Jason are about to know the overwhelming joy of fatherhood.

11. A Long-Held Plan Set In Motion by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2901 words)

It's time for Gus and Jason to announce the names of their newborn baby boys, and everyone is excited.  The happiness they feel is a beautiful thing, but there is a dark cloud hovering in the background, which will change everyone's lives without warning.

12. The True Story Revealed by mandagrammy [Reviews - 0] (2742 words)

Heather has disappeared into the night, taking baby Amado with her.  The discovery of what she has done is devastating, as everyone learns the truth behind her actions.  Now, the hunt is on to find their missing son, and to return him to his distraught family.

13. First Breakthroughs and Growing Delusions by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] (3024 words)

Days and weeks have turned into a month of searching for Gus and Jaosn's lost baby.  Despite still having one twin, Gus is finding it too difficult to cope, while Jason  tries desperately to figure out what to do next.  Meanwhile, Brian is using every means possible to find Heather, who has mentally retreated into the past in the new world she has created for herself.

14. Good News For One, Bad News For Another by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (2169 words)

As Gus and Jason continue to struggle with the loss of their baby, Heather learns something that could change everything.

15. A Caring, Worried Friend by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (2824 words)

Heather is starting to feel the noose tightening around her throat, but will she manage to escape discovery again?  Or could a friendship be her undoing?

16. A Revealing Discovery by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] (2484 words)

It seems that Heather has made a huge mistake in befriending a woman who cares enough to worry about her... and has a husband who is a police detective.  What might that lead to?

17. Justice, At Last! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] (2788 words)

Heather's days as a free woman are over.  And the twins are finally reunited.  The world has turned bright again for the Marcus/Peterson/Tyler family. 

18. Loving Life and Facing Consequences by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] (3596 words)

At Last, after this story began more than 12 years ago, we have come to the end of the Double Trouble saga.  I hope that you have enjoyed the journey that Brian and Justin took on so long ago, as they did their best to be parents to Gus and JR, who had lost their mothers to a tragic accident while still young.  More than twenty years later, they are now enjoying the fruits of their labors, also being the proud Grandparents to Gus and JR's children.  Thank you for taking this journey with us.