Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 439] Printer
FeatureSummary:

stories/58/images/Afbeelding12b_andere_baby_-_kleiner_-_andere_kleur.png

This is a sequel to The Stripper and A Man's Gotta Know When To Ask For Help.  As promised, Brian and Justin think about a family.  Banner by Marny. Thank you so much.


Rated: R
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY Characters: Brian, Cynthia, Daphne, Gus, Jennifer Taylor, Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 54 Completed: Yes
Word count: 193857 Read: 216381
Published: May 30, 2015 Updated: November 15, 2018
Story Notes:

This will most likely be a short story.  It has taken me a very long time to start this story.  I promise to finish it and have several chapters written.  I wanted to wait until I was sure I could update regularly in the beginning.  Real life is very busy but I promise to update and complete the story.  Beautiful banner by Marny.

1. Decisions by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (2805 words)

Feedback is always welcome.  There are many stories about Justin and Brian having children.  I hope I can do the topic justice and my readers find it entertaining.  I'm playing in this sandbox. 

2. Peter Pan and Wendy by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (1588 words)

Posting should occur more regularly.  Yeah.  thanks for the lovely feedback from my readers.  Hopefully you will enjoy my take on this scenario.

3. Chapter 3- Everyone Has An Opinion by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (2533 words)

I wasn't going to write a chapter about Michael and Lindsay but there were so many comments regarding their reactions, I decided to do so.  Hope you enjoy it.

4. Chapter 4- Surrogate by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (2432 words)

Enjoy the next chapter in the saga

5. Chapter 5- Peek a Boo by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (2748 words)

Here is the next installment.  I hope everyone enjoys the adventure.

6. Chapter 6- It's Real by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (2354 words)

I had several readers want to know a little about Justin and Brian's thoughts as they embark on this journey.  ( See- I do read and consider your comments).  This next chapter is dedicated to those who felt a little bereft with the suddent pregnancy.  There will be a few more chapters exploring their journey as they experience Cynthia's pregnancy. Thank you for reading and all the comments.

7. Chapter - All About Gus by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (2142 words)

A little view of Gus's thoughts about the new baby.

8. Chapter 8 - Jealousy is a Green Eyed Monster by sfscarlet [Reviews - 14] (2376 words)

Michael's thoughts as Cynthia's pregnancy progresses

9. Chapter 9--Dolls and Zombies, and Baby Monitors by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (4159 words)

Thank you to all the readers who patiently wait for updates.   I have this chapter and another one written, but then will not post till next year-  most likely, as I'm writing two stories for the QAF gift exchange-  I do not intend to take 9 months to write the story ( or in other words- as long as it takes for Cynthia to have her baby)   Enjoy and comments are golden

10. Chapter 10- Christmas Aftermath by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (2394 words)

11. Chapter 11- Moment of Truth by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (3848 words)

Here is the next chapter.  I guess my prediction of taking as long to write the story as it acutally takes to be pregnant is going to be true.  I'm still trying to post regularly but RL is very difficult.

 

Anyway-  if anyone is interested in betaing for me, I would love to hear from you.  My beta is no longer available and this chapter is not betaed.

12. Chapter 12-- I Don't Know Nothing Bout Birthing No Babies by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (3944 words)

A new chapter.  For those of you still reading, I thank you for your patience.  As a quick reminder, we left Brian and Justin having a discussion with Gus regarding the new baby and explained to him that he was not going to live with them.  I have three new chapters almost ready.  I really hope to finish this story in the near future.  Thank you for continuing to read and I always finish what I started. And shout out to my new betas Quinn6765 and Cindym for the beta work.

13. Chapter 13- The Care and Feeding of A Baby by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (3937 words)

Dear Readers:

 

Thanks for still reading and commenting.  I have written another chapter and you don't have to wait months to read it!!!!  Enjoy and comments always welcome.

14. Chapter 14-Shopping for Baby by sfscarlet [Reviews - 5] (2854 words)

Another new chapter and the next one is going to the beta this weekend.  The baby is coming soon.

15. Chapter 15- One Lst Adventure by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (2689 words)

Just a few more chapters left to tell the story.

16. Chapter 16- New York by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3105 words)

I'm almost finished with this story.  I can't believe it has taken me longer to write than an actual pregnancy. Thank you to all the readers that continue to read and comment.  It means the world to me.

17. Chapter 17- Arrival by sfscarlet [Reviews - 3] (3495 words)

Just a few more chapters, dear readers. Thank you for your continued support and patience as I have spun this tale.

18. Chapter 18- Meeting Baby Colin by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (4268 words)

19. Chapter 19- Sleep Perhaps To Dream by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3542 words)

20. Chapter 20- Best Laid Plans by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (5267 words)

21. Chapter 21- Gus' Visit by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (4729 words)

Another chapter-  next one is actually written-  go me-  evidently there is more to the story than I thought.  ( lol)  Happy Friday

22. Chapter 22= Aftermath by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (2293 words)

Sorry, I meant to post this earlier but RL got in the way. Thank you to all the readers who fed my muses and assured them that they were still wanted around.  ( lol)  The story will continue for a bit.

23. Chapter 23- A Talk With Gus by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3474 words)

I guess some readers have been treating my muses to chocolate, donuts and popcorn because he has been talking to me.  Anyway,  Real life slowed down just a bit in order to write some more and I hope to bring another chapter soon.  ( no promises-  those muses may decide to play in the yard and get the last bit of summer fun)-  although it is is technically fall now.

24. Chapter 24- Dinner Sunday Night by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (2756 words)

Sorry for the delay.  My beta had a death in the family -  very unexpected -  hope folks are still reading and interested in the adventures of Gus and Colin.  Comments always welcome

25. Chapter 25- Gus' Wish by sfscarlet [Reviews - 11] (3463 words)

I hope my dear readers enjoy the new chapter.  I hope that you believe the scenario could unfold in this manner.  If not, consider it poetic license.

26. Chapter 26- A Family of Four by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (3287 words)

Looks like this did not post over the weekend so I'm reposting.  I will most likely not update till next year as I need to get busy and write two stories for the qaf gift exchange

27. Chapter 27- When Worlds Collide by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (3975 words)

I promised I would get back to the story but I did not think it would be so long. Hopefully, my readers are still interested in what happens in the Taylor-Kinney household.  I have another chapter written so hope to post it soon as well.  I'm hoping to finish this story soon. 

28. Chapter 28- Mikey's Lament by sfscarlet [Reviews - 17] (2965 words)

Yeah-  a new chapter- and its only been two weeks.  Next one is written-  yeah.  Hope folks are still reading. For a story that was going to be short, my muses obviously have a different idea of what short is.  Anyway here is another new chapter.  Please let me know that you are enjoying and still reading.  ( Shameless plug for feedback) I don't ask for feedback to make me feel good, but I would like to know folks are reading the story. A "great chapter" is still good.

29. Chapter 29- The Talk by sfscarlet [Reviews - 11] (2613 words)

RL is giving me a little more time to write-  yeah-  so here is a new chapter.  Comments always welcome

30. Chapter 30- A Talk With Lindsay by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (4879 words)

Very anti- Lindsay

31. Chapter 31- Gus' New Home by sfscarlet [Reviews - 11] (2773 words)

I'm posting again, yeh.  Shout out to all my readers who leave lovely comments.  I look back and see my original note that this was a short story and would not be very long. That was almost 2 years ago and the story is still here.  This is just to show that comments from readers do make a difference in maintaining the story and growing it. 

32. Chapter 32- Tears and Fears by sfscarlet [Reviews - 13] (4068 words)

Everyone is adjusting to being a family

33. Chapter 33- Lego Retrieval by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (4602 words)

34. Chapter 34- Lego City by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3455 words)

A new chapter-  Hope everyone enjoys

35. Chapter 35- Where Do I Belong by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (5887 words)

Another chapter- just in time for a nice holiday weekend for those of us living in the USA.   I realized that I've been writing this story for almost 2 years and it was supposed to be a short story.  Those pesky muses.  I do believe the story is winding down, but I hope to continue to write in this universe.  For those of you who have commented, thank you for your support and continued reading.  For those of you who have not commented, a little - love the story would be appreciated.  Now on to the story.

36. Chapter 36- Fallout by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (5057 words)

Things are heating up-  

37. Chapter 37 by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (4839 words)

There are some legal issues discussed in this chapter.  I'm not a lawyer and have taken poetic license in these matters.  Hopefully my readers can accept my theories.

38. Chapter 38- Reality Check by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3873 words)

39. Chapter 39- Pick Up by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (3904 words)

Another new chapter-  still writing and trying to finish this story-  

40. Chapter 40- To Be A Father or Not To Be A Father by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (3179 words)

Still writing. I promise to finish this story.  I do not leave stories unfinished.  Next week is the last week of the semester and that should leave me with some free time. ( hopefully)-  thanks for all the feedback and patience of my readers.

 

Last time-  Gus was picked up by Brian and Justin at school.  Lindsey and Mel were there and tried to get him to come home with them.  

41. Chapter 41- Custody Battles by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (2002 words)

Last time- Ben and Brian had a conversation about J.R. and Michael's interest in being a full time father. 

42. Chapter 42- Invisible At The Table by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (2977 words)

Things are getting interesting at the Munchers house.

43. Chapter 43- Evening At Britin by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3672 words)

Dear Readers:

 

I am posting a new chapter.  Yeah.  I have several more that are with my beta.  Thank you to my newest reader who said she would be patient and hope that I finish the story and post often.  I can't tell you when I will finish the story.  My muses keep finding new twists, but I always finish what I start.  I do believe it is coming close to the end, but I have said that before.  Comments always welcome.

44. Chapter 44- The Father Father Talk by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (4814 words)

45. Chapter 45- Good News And Bad News by sfscarlet [Reviews - 6] (3791 words)

Warning:

 

 

The first part of this chapter is a summary of the series. While this story can be read independent of the other two, there are major spoilers in these next few paragraphs.  Also, I am not a legal expert by any stretch of the imagination.  My thinking and design have no basis in fact.  They may actually be fact, but for my purposes this solves Ben's problem.  Do not take this as legal precedent as I have no idea if any of what I propose could actually happen.

46. Chapter 46- Dinner With Good Friends by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (6079 words)

New chapter-  Yeah-  We get some interesting news

47. Chapter 47- A Weekend With My Dads by sfscarlet [Reviews - 9] (4039 words)

Another chapter for my readers.  Ben takes J.R. home

48. Chapter 48- Uncomfortable Discussions by sfscarlet [Reviews - 10] (3373 words)

Sorry for the long delay.  I'm already working on the next chapter and hope to have it finished soon.  Last time we saw Ben and Michael talking about J.R. and being her parents, now we return to Brian and Justin.

49. Chapter 49- What Is A Parent by sfscarlet [Reviews - 11] (6115 words)

Another new chapter.  Enjoy and comments welcome.

50. Chapter 50- Father-Daughter Bond by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (4459 words)

Wow- For a story that was going to be short- maybe 8-10 chapters this has definitely taken on a life of its own.  Here is another update. Although, it truly is coming to an end soon. 

51. Chapter 51- Opening Doors by sfscarlet [Reviews - 7] (6195 words)

Another new chapter- I should be coming to the end ( I know I've said this before, but this time I think it is truly close) in the next few chapters.  I intend to flesh out some of my previous one shots so look for those in the near future.

52. Chapter 52- Reality Sets In by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (4073 words)

Just a few more chapters until the end.  Enjoy

53. Chapter 53- Divorce Abounds by sfscarlet [Reviews - 8] (3002 words)

Muses have been talking to me.  This ends the story. There is one more chapter- an epilogue. Thank you for reading.

54. Chapter 54- Epilogue by sfscarlet [Reviews - 12] (715 words)

And so it ends.  I want to thank all my readers who have stuck by the story as I have written it over a 3+year period.  I never anticipated the story being this long but folks kept commenting and that led to new ideas and that led to more chapters.  It has been a pleasure writing this story and I hope my readers are not disappointed in the epilogue.  I may one day revisit this universe, but for now, I'm going to expand some other one shots and write a few gift exchange stories.  If anyone has any specific ideas for this story, I'm open to things you would like to see explored. ( No promises that I will write it, but it might inspire me to do so.)  Thank you for each and every review and know that as a writer, it is really great to know that so many people have enjoyed the story.