Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 350] Printer
FeatureSummary:

Brian's trip with his son turns into much more than he realizes.  Will it be a temporary romance, though? Or something much more lasting?  *STORY IS NOW COMPLETE*

banner


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, FEATURED STORY, Alternate Universe, Angst, Brian/Justin, Humor, Romance Characters: Brian, Daphne, Gus, Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes
Word count: 122719 Read: 133020
Published: September 14, 2014 Updated: December 31, 2014
Story Notes:

This was supposed to originally be written for the summer fan fiction challenge, but RL interfered in a major way, and I could not complete it in time. This story is NOT a WIP. I will be posting a chapter every few days or so until it is done. It's a little bit of angst, but mainly lighter fluff.;)  Many thanks to my beta, Gloria.  You're the best, my friend!

Hope you enjoy it!


Story disclaimer:  QAF and its characters and the sole property of Cowlip Productions and Showtime. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Can I Have Some Cream with my Coffee? by Predec2 [Reviews - 27] (3140 words)

Brian is persuaded by his son to visit a hokey, country-cooking restaurant. Will he find anything to his liking on the menu?

2. White Knight Wearing an Apron and a Smile by Predec2 [Reviews - 14] (4905 words)

Justin comes to the rescue in an unexpected way.  Brian decides he wants to take out more than just the food.

3. Train Ride and a Kiss by Predec2 [Reviews - 4] (6577 words)

Brian finds himself at an unlikely spot for a 'date.'  Does it go as he hopes?  

4. From Rapture to Heartbreak by Predec2 [Reviews - 2] (6729 words)

Father and son take Justin along with them on their adventure.  Justin finds out something surprising about Brian as they prepare for their inevitable separation.  

5. The Love of a Friend by Predec2 [Reviews - 3] (5119 words)

Daphne puts the wheels in motion to help Justin achieve his dream - not knowing what else Fate may have in store for him.

6. Frustration by Predec2 [Reviews - 3] (3461 words)

Brian finds that he has some business competition...and he doesn't like to lose. 

7. Back Where It All Began by Predec2 [Reviews - 0] (7322 words)

 

Brian's reconnaisance mission to discover the identity of the hotshot intern at StrataG doesn't go quite the way he plans. Will his and Justin's paths finally meet again at last?

8. I'm Feeling Really Dirty by Predec2 [Reviews - 1] (4584 words)

Okay, I admit it; not much plot progression in this one. But the boys are feeling a little grungy - and need to get reacquainted (hint, hint). 

9. A Not-So-Average Day at the Park by Predec2 [Reviews - 0] (5947 words)

Brian and Justin have a more in-depth discussion at the park, as Justin finds himself more and more ensnared by the Kinney charm. 

10. Rollercoaster of Emotions by Predec2 [Reviews - 16] (3493 words)

 

Brian goes from a euphoric high to righteous fury, all in one night. What is the cause of it?

11. A Spot of Light in the Darkness by Predec2 [Reviews - 18] (4919 words)

Brian and Justin discuss what occurred at the awards banquet - with dismaying results. 

12. Second Thoughts by Predec2 [Reviews - 18] (4047 words)

Brian hatches a plan for the truth to come to light.  Justin has second thoughts about his decision.  What will he do? 

13. You Can Run, But You Can't Hide by Predec2 [Reviews - 16] (2385 words)

Palmer doesn't get far in his attempt to get away.  What will Justin do with the information, now that he knows the truth at last?

14. Two Pieces of the Puzzle Come Together by Predec2 [Reviews - 19] (4421 words)

Justin has his confrontation with Marcum, while Brian goes to visit an old friend.

15. Between Gratitude and Irritation by Predec2 [Reviews - 20] (3464 words)

Justin discovers what Brian has done. Will he be thankful, angry, or somewhere between? 

16. Business Arrangement? by Predec2 [Reviews - 17] (4943 words)

Justin confronts Brian about his interference. Will they resolve their conflict?  Mel and Lindsay find out something is different about Gus's father.

17. Play Acting - or For Real? by Predec2 [Reviews - 19] (4338 words)

The two mothers continue to learn some surprising details about the man who has accompanied Brian to the play. 

18. Decision Not so Firm by Predec2 [Reviews - 19] (5660 words)

Justin starts to waver regarding his choice about moving in with Brian. What will his ultimate decision be? 

19. New Relationship, New Beginnings by Predec2 [Reviews - 19] (9556 words)

Brian takes his boys on a ride - but what sort of 'ride' will it be? 

20. Two Momentous Days by Predec2 [Reviews - 20] (7517 words)

Justin begins working at Kinnetik, making some tongues wag.  Moving day arrives for the boys. 

21. Preparing for the Barbecue by Predec2 [Reviews - 14] (3957 words)

The boys get better acquainted with their new home, as Justin frets about meeting Brian's friends and colleagues in his new role as partner. 

22. The Barbecue: Part One by Predec2 [Reviews - 19] (5344 words)

Mel and Lindsay get to see the new house for the first time.  Gus presents them with a surprise. What other surprises will be discovered?

23. The Barbecue: Part Two by Predec2 [Reviews - 22] (4996 words)

Brian unintentionally reveals some shocking news to his guests.  Slightly anti-Mel in this chapter.  And BTW, for the purpose of this story, Michael and Ben are not together here in this AU...

24. A Surprise Visitor and a Surprising Revelation by Predec2 [Reviews - 40] (5895 words)

Conclusion.  The surprises continue for Justin, revealing to him just how strong Brian's feelings are for him.