Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 39] Printer
Summary:

You'd think it was a Christmas fic wouldn't you? If that's what you're looking for - best to just move on - ‘cause there is no Santa here...

...instead, what we really have is a series of snippets in which our favorite QAF characters happen to overhear the boys in the throes of passion - and can hardly believe their ears...

Some canon - some definitely not - some that could be - with timelines that work  for this story - all showing a ‘depth of love' that is only Brian/Justin - and for me, will always be!


Rated: NC-18
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, Brian/Justin, Canon, Could be Canon, Out of Character, Romance Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes
Word count: 10593 Read: 19272
Published: December 15, 2012 Updated: October 26, 2015
Story Notes:

You know the drill - I don't own the boys...they own me. Neither of us sees a penny of monetary profit from the other, and no copyright infringement is intended. 

1. It’s All In A Day’s Work…Change Happens by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 8] (1208 words)

Just another day at the office...or is it? Ted and Cynthia ponder what they have heard and what it means for how they now see the possibilities in their own lives.

2. What Your Parents Wish They Didn’t Know…and May Never Forget by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 5] (1247 words)

Deb is Brian's mom - in every way that counts, and Jen has quickly become one of the family. So...a nice meal with the 'rents might look a little different from what most have come to know...but these folks wouldn't have it any other way. Listen in as this already loving family learns even more about the love they have all come to value, and see what impact it might have for their own relationships.   

3. Things We Never Learned in School…and the World’s Most Unlikely Teacher by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 5] (1866 words)

 

Brian affectionately calls Ben...'the professor', but in this scene   - who is teaching whom?  Ben and Hunter stumble across the boys, and while one finds enlightenment  that what he knew...and what he now knows...about Brian Kinney are vastly different, the other gets a glimpse of something he never knew was possible, and can only hope to find for himself someday.

 

4. The Witch and the Whiner…It’s All in How You Look At It by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 4] (1684 words)

I know it sounds cliche, but truly RL has been a real PIA lately, not so much for me, but for so many that I love and care for. I apologize that it has taken so long to continue this story, but I needed to be doing what I could.

I hope you enjoy the next chapter - that shows what could happen when the two people with the strongest feelings regarding our boys...one misplaced desire and hero worship, the other equally misplaced irritation and hard feelings...overhear  a most unexpected moment  with the power of epiphany for each of them? Mel and Michael have been the most vocal about their belief that Brian Kinney will always be the super stud, love ‘em and leave em', self-centered pleasure-only seeker., but they may have to eat those words, and at long last begin to see him  in a whole new light.

5. Southern Belle or Country Club…The Princess and The Queen by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 4] (1381 words)

 

Emmett is flashy and flamboyant as only a fabulous queen can be. Lindsay is the country club princess, all prim and proper, manners and modesty.  How do they react when they overhear the one thing that neither of them, in fact no one on Liberty Avenue, ever thought would come to pass.

Don't find toppy Justin/bottom Brian as hot as I do?   You might want to skip this chapter.

 

6. All We Could Imagine - More Than We Knew We Wanted by 4depthoflove [Reviews - 13] (3207 words)

 

 

From the very first moment, Daphne had been given the unique opportunity of seeing Brian and Justin fall in love, step by step, misstep by misstep, push and pull. Being Justin’s best friend, and almost as completely enamored with Brian as he was, there was nothing that her childhood chum hadn’t told her. She knew all their secrets, and knew with certainty that after all this time, nothing about her two favorite boys could surprise her.

 

 

 

 

This epilogue may seem a little long…being about half as long as all the previous chapter combined, but since it has been such a very long time coming, I think that maybe that’s okay. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note

I need to begin this note with a sincere apology to the 6 of you out of thousands of reads who liked this story enough to share your thoughts with me, and to thank you for your encouragement.  Those of you who write know how important reviews and comments are in motivating any writer. As much as I enjoy my own stories (that’s ok…isn’t it – lol), if I am writing solely for my own benefit, then there is no point in putting them out there.

So, I stopped posting, and just kept my plot bunnies to myself where there are happy and well fed. And I just couldn’t get this last chapter finished, no matter how I tried.

So, why post this epilogue now after all this time? (has it really been more than two years? ***hangs her head in shame) Well – the answer is simple. I recently had a wonderful opportunity to join other writers as we worked together, side by side. I don’t know when I‘ve had so much fun, and through it all I remembered how much I really enjoy the process.

Several of my encouragers were among the crew who got together almost every night to bounce around ideas, help fill in mental blocks for words and plot devices, and generally just have a blast. A few have been giving me gentle nudges to get back out there and write again, but I just could not in good conscience continue preparing the story my muse chose to work on while this story is still out there unfinished. So, after years of writing, re-writing, erasing and starting over, I finally came up with an epilogue I could live with, and now that it is written, I really like it. Hope you do, too.