Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

AN: I know usually you have to apply for a marriage licence before getting married. In my story, Vermont is like Vegas. You can get married immediately. Not really interested in a waiting period.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twelve

Justin lay with his head on Brian’s chest and lazily drew pattern’s on his future husband with his finger as he thought. A few minutes later Brian stirred but didn’t open his eyes.

“Mmm”

“So when do you want to get married?” Justin asked quietly.

“We actually have an appointment with a justice of peace at 4 o’clock this afternoon.”

“What? Brian, that’s only four hours away!” Justin exclaimed pushing himself up to look down at his partner.

“Which is why we need to get moving, Sunshine,” Brian said as he climbed out of bed and tugged Justin towards the shower.

Once showered and dressed, Brian led Justin out the room and down the hall.

“Brian, where are we going?”

“I have a surprise for you.” Justin was proud of himself for not even twitching. Things were different now. It wouldn’t end up like the disaster hustler birthday gift. At least, not if Brian wanted to keep on breathing.

They walked to the end of the hall before coming to stop at room number 3. Brian smiled at Justin and then knocked on the door. The door was flung open and a human tornado jumped Justin.

“Justin, I’m so happy for you!”

Untangling himself slightly he looked down at his tornado’s face, smiling a mega watt smile.

“Me too, Daphne. Me too. What are you doing here?”

A voice spoke from behind them further in the room, “Brian thought we might want to be here for your wedding.”

Justin pulled away and went to hug the other peolpe in the room.

“Mom, Molly, Tucker”

While they were exchanging greetings, exchanging hugs and excited congratulations, Daphne hugged Brian.

“Brian, just out of curiosity what made you finally decide to do this?”

The brunette quirked an eyebrow at her.

“This?”

“Tell him you love him, marry him. Take your pick.”

“I decided it was time to make some changes. I’ve already been given so many chances and miracles when it comes to Justin, I don’t know how many more we are going to get. To be honest, someone up there is probably figuring they’ve given us too many chances as it is,” he spoke quietly.

Daphne looked at him faintly shocked. Brian Kinney really had changed. The old one wouldn’t have admitted any of that. Seeing her expression, he shook his head.

“I’m still a bastard, Daphne. I’m just less of one and can finally give Sunshine everything he deserves, marriage being one of them.”

“Brian,” Justin interrupted them as he ran over and hugged his future husband.

“I can’t believe you did this. Are any of the others coming?” the blonde asked hesitantly unsure if he really wanted them there even if they were slowly coming round to recognizing him and Brian as a couple.

The brunette shook his head, “No. This is our day and I really wasn’t up to dealing with their drama and opinions.”

“Are you sure, Bri? They’re your family”

Brian indicated the few around him, “This is my family now. They’re more like relatives.”

Justin stood on his toes and kissed his partner. It might have gone further if Jennifer hadn’t interrupted them.

“Now, now. Save that for after the wedding. Brian, you leave Justin here with us and take Tucker back with you to go and get ready.”

Brian laughed and kissed Jennifer on the check, “Yes, Mother Taylor.”

Daphne tugged Justin to the other side of the room and Molly and Jennifer chased Brian and Tucker out the room before closing the door.

Tucker was carrying two suits in plastic covering. With his free hand, he clapped Brian on the back.

“Shall we get moving?”

Brian looked at Tucker before nodding.

“Jennifer has everything with her just as you arranged.”

The two idly talked as they headed back to Brian and Justin’s room.

Justin stood in the middle of his mom’s room. Daphne pointed to a suit hanging on the wardrobe.

“Brian got a tux for the both of you. Actually he arranged outfits for all of us. Your Mom collected them and brought them up for you two.”

Jennifer walked up and hugged Justin again. She held his face in her hands and stated, “I wasn’t a fan of Brian’s for a long time. We both know that but I’ve changed my mind. He is the best thing that could have happened to you. I’m proud to have him as my son-in-law. I know that he will always be there and look out for you as long as he breaths. It’s everything a mother could ask for her children.”

Justin blinked back a few errant tears, “Thanks, Mom. Maybe you could tell him that at some point. It would mean a lot.”

“I already did, back when you were in the hospital. He asked me to help him marry you and I could see how much he loved you. He always has. I should have told you sooner but hindsight is 20/20. After your prom, he was there. He came to the hospital every night and sat outside your room. I didn’t tell you. I was so angry and I’m sorry but I thought that you should know.”

Justin was shocked. He was hurt that nobody had ever told him but he let it go. It didn’t matter anymore. He was marrying Brian today and his mom was here supporting him.

“Time to get ready, Justin,” Molly spoke and then asked when a thought occurred to her, “Who’s your best man going to be?”

Justin looked at the women in the room’s faces.

“How about you and Daphne be my best girls?”

“Yes,” Molly exclaimed before hugging her brother.

In Brian’s room, the two men stood at the door before heading out to find the other half of their party.

Brian’s next words stopped them, “Tucker, would you be my best man? Justin likes you and I trust Jennifer’s judgement. You’re a good man.”
“I’d be honoured if you’re sure Brian.”

“I am. Michael is my oldest friend but Justin is my best friend.”

Tucker laughed then opened the door. The two men walked down the hall to one of the small reception rooms at the hotel. It was decorated very tastefully and not over done. There was a small buffet table to the one side. A few flower arrangements of white, pale yellow and green were scattered throughout the room. Everything was done in cream and pale green cloths.

Brian and Tucker were the first to arrive. Right on their heels, the Justice of the Peace that Brian and Jennifer had spoken on the phone to, walked in.

“Mr Kinney, glad to meet you in person.”

“Thank you for doing this, Mr Adler.”

The red haired man waved Brian’s thanks away, “Nonsense, it’s an honour. Especially as your future mother-in-law explained all you two have been through.”

At that moment, the door opened behind them again and the rest of the wedding party walked in. Brian turned and his breath caught in his throat.

Slowly Justin walked up to Brian, taking in the expression on his face.

“You look…” Brian trailed off as words failed him.

Justin fidgeted and asked, “Good? Bad? Laughable?”

Brian cupped Justin’s cheek gently, whispered, “Beautiful” and then kissed the blonde.

The others in the room all sighed and laughed quietly.

“All right ladies and gentlemen, shall we begin?” Mr Adler inquired.

Brian and Justin stood facing each other in front of the Justice of the Peace. Molly and Daphne stood behind Justin while Tucker and Jennifer stood behind Brian.

“We are gathered here today to join Brian and Justin in legal matrimony, in the presence of these family and friends…”

Neither Brian nor Justin really heard the rest of his words. They were focused on each other until they heard,

“Do you Brian Kinney, take Justin Taylor as your lawfully wedded husband? To honour and cherish? For better or worse? For rich or for poor? In sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” Brian was proud and surprised at how easily he could say the words. He was truly happy and had no regrets about marrying Justin.

“And do you, Justin Taylor, take Brian Kinney as your lawfully wedded husband? To honour and cherish? For better or worse? For rich or for poor? In sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” Justin answered. They had already gone through all of it together. They were now just making it official.

Molly stepped forward and handed them their rings. Staring into each others’ eyes, they slowly slipped the wedding rings onto to each other. Daphne had brought her camera and was rapidly taking as many pictures as she could as proof that Brian was married.

“With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. Go ahead, kiss each other,” Mr Adler said, grinning at the couple.

The newly married couple kissed as their family cheered. Brian broke the kiss first and looked down at his blonde husband.

“Hey there, Mr Taylor-Kinney,” he whispered before pecking Justin again.

“Hi yourself, Mr Taylor-Kinney.”

They had discussed it and had both agrees on the hyphenated surname. When they got back to Pittsburgh, Brian and now Justin’s lawyer would have a ton of paperwork to fill out for the surname change and domestic partnership but for today they were going to enjoy themselves.

Everyone was hugging each other and laughing. They toasted and ate from the buffet. Brian and Justin danced together better than they had at prom. The pair radiated love and happiness. For the first time in a long time both Brian and Justin were happy and content with their lives.

In the middle of their dance, Brian rested his forehead against Justin’s.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you,” was whispered in reply before lips met in support of the declaration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN:Well I hope that you have enjoyed this story

AN2:Would you like me to write a one-shot or multi chapter sequel to cover the gangs reactions?