Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
[Reviews - 75] Printer
FeatureSummary:

png

Valediction banner

What if Brian realized what he was missing before the bomb? What if he changed just one thing, and that changed everything? The butterfly effect gone mad.

Canon thru 509(ish), right down to some of the scenes/dialogue directly from the show. Some just happen in a slightly different time line. A/U after that.

Warning: Major Character Death ~If you are wary of the death!fic warning, please, take a chance and have a look. Yes, it's a sad story, and the death is real (and devastating) but I promise you it is all about the B/J love.


Rated: R
Categories: QAF-U.S. FICTION, BEST FAN FICTION CLASSIC, FEATURED STORY, Brian/Justin, Could be Canon, Hurt/Comfort, Major Character Death, What If Characters: Gus, Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes
Word count: 61281 Read: 43375
Published: March 24, 2010 Updated: December 11, 2010
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my thoughts, and even then sometimes, I rent. All recognizable characters are the property of CowLip and Showtime.

I thought about what sort of disclaimer to write here - something to the effect of how much I love Brian (and oh, how I love Brian) and I think the B/J love is the greatest story ever told (which I do). I thought about apologizing for what's going to happen, but let's face it. I love them and I looooooove angsty, sad stories and I figure if I'm going to write it, and if I'm going to post it, then I'm going to own it. But be warned, bad things happen.

I've tried to get it right - and all mistakes are mine. The medical stuff? Google is my friend - and I did my best to be accurate. Beyond that, I claim dramatic license, k?

And pretty please, if you read and feel so inclined, I would love a word or two to let me know you were here. It means so much and it's kind of scary to see thousands of 'reads' and only a relative few (but very much appreciated) comments. ~q_dicted

 

 

1. Part 1 by q_dicted [Reviews - 19] (9553 words)

2. Part 2 by q_dicted [Reviews - 6] (9680 words)

3. Part 3 by q_dicted [Reviews - 6] (5798 words)

Part 3 is where the story originally ended. I only intended to write a short epilogue, but Justin, it seems, had other ideas and it was his story to tell. As you can see there are three more parts and then the epilogue.

4. Part 4 by q_dicted [Reviews - 9] (12045 words)

5. Part 5 by q_dicted [Reviews - 4] (9332 words)

6. Part 6 by q_dicted [Reviews - 0] (9386 words)

And so we come to the end of the story. I never dreamed when I started this in January that I'd still be writing it come September (and now, December). There will be a short epilogue but in the meantime, thanks so much to those who took a chance on a death!fic and let me know you were reading. Your comments and encouragement mean more than I can say.  ~ q_dicted

As always, feedback is appreciated!

7. Epilogue by q_dicted [Reviews - 31] (5487 words)

I promised this epilogue way back in September, and I swear it was mostly written at the time, but I could never quite finish it and eventually scrapped that version altogether. I've found that when something just won't work it's because I'm trying to write with my head instead of my heart and my heart told me that Justin should have the last words of this story. And so, here they are.

Once again, my heartfelt gratitude to all those who stuck with me through all these months and who took the time to comment. It means more than I can say. I appreciate all of you, and most especially those who took a chance and looked beyond the 'death!fic' warning to share in the love of these two amazing men and their family. Thank you so much. ~ q_dicted