How to add a New Story
If you have never used this site before or any other site that uses eFiction as its engine, here are a few simple things to keep in mind while adding a story to the database.
- Firstly, you have the option of using tinyMCE WYSWYG editor. If you are not familiar with html tags then you should consider this option. You will have the use of a small editor, similar to text editors to help you format your story.
- It is completely unnecessary to enter story notes, chapter notes and end notes if you do not wish to. You may find that you will need to enter story notes on occasion or if a chapter might contain something truly shocking to the readers, you may feel it necessary to add a note. But you are not obligated to do so and may ignore these fields when adding a new story.
- When Selecting a category, you merely have to highlight the category in the Category Options list box and move it to the Selected Category list box using the > button between the two boxes. You must have a category selected. Remember fanfiction writers, you can have categories added by requesting admin to add your category.
- To make multiple selections from a list box, such as the Characters, Genre or Warnings list box, you need to hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while making selections.
- If your story is complete, please check off the completed check box.
- It is a good idea to preview your story, especially if you are using the html tags, just to be sure it looks the way you want it to. Don't add your story from a preview page. Preview will not save your work. Don't trust the Submit button on the preview page. Go back to the previous page using the left green arrow in your URL tool bar and add your work there. It is safest to add the chapter first to the story so you know it's saved then make corrections online. Some authors without WORD will compose a chapter in their New Email feature since it has spell check there; then they copy and paste to Whispers.
- If you are using WORD or WORD PAD they your should use the WORD feature in the tinyMCE editors. Under Font size is a small file with a "W" on it. Select that option and enter the text of your chapters there and insert it to your text box. This will also maintain the same spacing as you have in WORD.
HOW TO POST BANNERS AND IMAGES ON YOUR STORY
Maximum banner size should be no more than 300 pixels in height. Banners deemed too large for the site will be subject to resizing by the Admin. Staff.
We have an image file for each member and it's much better to upload your banners there than on say PhotoBucket or another URL site. When your image is here it will aways appear for you. Go to the menu bar below each pages' blue header banner and click on "Account Info". The next page will say "Manage Images" so click that. There you can "Upload New Images" into your image file.
Once your image is loaded, go to the correct tinyMCE editor box such as for your story panel and click on the tiny green tree symbol. That's the image option. There you can enter an outside URL or the second line is for "Image list". Click on the far right side down arrow and a new pop up window appears listing all your loaded images. The "Image description only has to say if it is a jpeg, png, or gif. The last line appears if a reader hovers their mouse over your image so you can leave them a statement there to read or make it blank. Select your image and insert it to your text box. Then either left margin or center it. Don't forget to end this procedure by hitting "Add Story" at the bottom of the editor options.
You can also add some gif animations or video embed code using the HTML feature. Of course no porn is allowed but QAF YouTube videos aren't considered to be porn. Contact us if you need any assistance. We are here to serve you and improve your Whisper's experience.
Remember if you start a story your readers expect you to finish it. Your fans deserve no less. Many readers only start a completed story or check to see if an author is the type to finish their work. Our most popular authors are known to finish their stories.
If you need any further assistance, or have any problems adding or viewing your stories, please let a site administrator know. We are striving to make this a friendly and welcoming archive for authors and readers. So let us know when you need assistance!